[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

I watched 4 episodes of this drama. I am not a fan of revenge drama. Usually they are the same, but I like this fresh approach. We have comedy, drama, moral dilemmas, human weaknesses and of course romance Kdrama style. So far I like it. I like young and mature Cha don, Hwa Sool. The bad guys Ji Se Kwang and the corrupt lower are very interesting characters.

Many hilarious scenes, The kung fu disco fight :)) He learned how to fight from movies?
One tinny thing. I did`t meet many overweight persons in my life but nobody eats like that. It`s not necessary to exaggerate that much. The heroine is like superwoman. What a force! :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratings growing up very quickly :D
Ratings (5th episode):
AGB

Nationwide: 14,5% (4th)     /     +3,9%Seoul: 16,6% (4th)     /     +4,3%

MBC 1000 Year Inheritance: 18,8% / 19,5%KBS Dream Of The Emperor: 12,7% / 12,4%

TNS

Nationwide: 14,1% (7th)     /     +3,4%Seoul: 14,9% (4th)     /     +3,8%

MBC 1000 Year Inheritance: 20,8% / 23,6%KBS Dream Of The Emperor: 12,0% / 10,7%

I hope, that IOM will be number 1 in this slot (21:55-23:10) in a few episodes, because 1000YI is quite boring and stayed on 18-20% from the beginning :D (IOM start on 9% and 5th episode have 14-16% - it's rising very quickly :D

Good news for the IOM fans!!!
The table below shows the viewership ratings per episode and as you can see it is going up! Congratulations to KJH, HJE and the rest of the cast, together with the director, the writers and the whole crew. Keep up the good work! Fighting!!!
photo credit: Tiffanyya99

559903_486990958024613_1180670130_n.jpg

I just finish episode 5 and I got to said it was a good episode. When I watch the adult CD when he came on I was kind of annoying by him why is he acting like he is not smart like he was when he was younger. Into day episode I think I get it why he is act like he not smart. It seem like he his smart but just hide it. I can't wait for the next episode 6. It seem like it going somewhere and we get to see the new Bok Jae In in the next episode. hehe   

In eps 5 we finally get first meeting between Jae In and Se Kwang. Some time ago I said it'll be awkward to see once close siblings in Giant to love interest/couple in here (if it really happen) between PSM and HJE. But after I saw eps 5, well, I kinda start to get curious. It's like, SK become a different person, it's kinda cute and funny how he trailed her (and thus save her from the murderer), how he become sort of intrigued, confused but also amused with her in the food tent. I giggled when the serious SK finally shows his comedic sides. It's a shame he didn't get to meet her again before her transformation. Wonder how'll their relationship develop in the future. Friends? Enemy? Business-mutual related? Lovers?

@roweina78, if you want to watch Ep. 5 with English subs online, here's the link

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/incarnation-of-money-episode-5/

A collage of pictures from Ep.5 of IOM showing Bok Jae In as she throws a cake at Lee Cha Don after hearing how he really feels about her. credit: Fujiko_Kang

598401_491292434240306_1352874744_n.jpg

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Here's an amusing trivia about Lee Han Wi, who played the role of the plastic surgeon that would be responsible for the makeover of Bok Jae In. He also portrayed the role of a plastic surgeon in the 2006 South Korean movie, "200 Pound Beauty", who was asked by the lead, Kim Ah Joong to do her makeover. Kim Ah Joong also wore a fat suit for her role. Perhaps the producers think he is tailor made for this role. The screencaps below were taken from the movie"200 Pound Beauty" and from the 5th Ep. of IOM. pechumori

557883_487252127998496_97903931_n.jpg

pechumori said: Here's an amusing trivia about Lee Han Wi, who played the role of the plastic surgeon that would be responsible for the makeover of Bok Jae In. He also portrayed the role of a plastic surgeon in the 2006 South Korean movie, "200 Pound Beauty", who was asked by the lead, Kim Ah Joong to do her makeover. Kim Ah Joong also wore a fat suit for her role. Perhaps the producers think he is tailor made for this role. The screencaps below were taken from the movie"200 Pound Beauty" and from the 5th Ep. of IOM. pechumori

557883_487252127998496_97903931_n.jpg

Here's an amusing trivia about Lee Han Wi, who

played the role of the plastic surgeon that would be responsible for

the makeover of Bok Jae In. He also portrayed the role of a plastic

surgeon in the 2006 South Korean movie, "200 Pound Beauty",

who was asked by the lead, Kim Ah Joong to do her makeover. Kim Ah

Joong also wore a fat suit for her role. Perhaps the producers think he

is tailor made for this role. The screencaps below were taken from the

movie"200 Pound Beauty" and from the 5th Ep. of IOM. pechumori

He also made a reference to that movie mentioning the girl who sung "A Maria"

Ok... This is like a drama version of 200 Pound Beauty. When Ja In was walking through the the mall, and every guy was staring at her and the drama was playing "I'm a Beautiful Girl" as a BGM.

@ibelis, thanks for the info. that means he was typecast by the producers for the
role of a plastic surgeon.

@boraah, yes, that's true. When Kim Ah Joong was walking wearing the dress that
she has been setting her eyes on when she was obese, the guys were looking at
her, same thing that happened to Bok Jae In after the makeover, with their butler
not being able to take his eyes off her .
Kim Ah Joong used her real voice to sing "Ave Maria"

The cliffhanger of ep. 5. credit: dusglm
563163_491405974228952_268301518_n.jpg

Incarnation of Money viewership declined slightly
2013-02-18
translated by pechumori

551342_487400667983642_962508017_n.jpg

The viewership of the SBS weekend special, "Incarnation of Money" declined slightly. According to audience measurement company, Nielsen Korea, "Incarnation of Money" which aired its 6th episode yesterday had a decrease in its viewership when it fell to 13.1%. The fifth episode had a 14.5% rating, meaning it went down by 1.4%. Previously,"Incarnation Of Money" was steadily getting higher ratings per episode. The 6th epsiode featured the obese Bok Jae In(Hwang Jung Eum) being reborn as a cosmetic beauty. But the happy scenes were shortened because the focus of the story went to the manhunt for the murderer. Meanwhile, Lee Cha Don (Kang Ji Hwan) was struggling to solve the murder case to move on to another case .
credit: luckyim@tvreport.co.kr

Archived