Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest kimcherokee

this is my first time join in a forum to talk about a Korean actress! :lol: I'm so in love with our Hye sun, and i love reading your comments and ideas about her! I'm a graphic designer and an art student also, our Hye Sun artworks really impress me, i can assure you by all my experiences in art that she is very good at drawing though she didn't learn it so hard, her pictures are full of imagination and sensitivity, when i saw them i could feel another side of her, like her artworks! i had sent them to my classmates, they all like it, one of my friend use the picture in Tango book as her avatar though she didnt know anything about Hye Sun!

THANKS to susAmerica for the wonderful translation and thanks to Pixie_eve for your comments, bcz it is exactly what i think about her! :) , i'm so happy that our girl is very intelligent and careful about her next step! like all of you, i'm hoping to watch her new drama everyday, but i'm sure that i can wait for a new Goo hye sun in the near future, she really need to relax after all and choose a new suitable role!

i thought that after BOF, she will be like LMH or KHJ, appear at almost magazines, beautify herself or have some scandals, maybe change her image like a naughty girl....but that's not true and i respect her so much!

i'm not as talent as her but beside a graphic designer i also wrote some short stories and news for some Websites and newspapers, work as a silk seller, and now i'm trying to become a photographer! i'm feel comfortable with myself and blissful that i won't regret! everyone just have once to live, why dont we follow our dream and try hard to make it come true???? i dont care much about the result bcz when i get old i won't have enough strength to do them!

so, who else criticize GHS are just envy at her talents and maybe they dont have enough strength to grant their hope!

Love GHS's beautiful and strong soul, and the smile like sunshine! love all of you bcz we stand by her side! have good time!

Guest ambition

3279292650_413f1cb194.jpg

GHS is super cute and super cool since little hiiiii

3279290102_ef21600086.jpg

I also like that she is choosing her projects thoughtfully and looking into activities that

will benefit her career in long-term. She is really gutsy to pursue things that interests her other than acting.

She has the talent and the can do attitude (evidence from the crazy BOF schedule), I really

hope she will receive even more recognition in the future.

Even though she seems shy, It would be nice if she appears more in variety show. She really made an

impression on everyone, including Mr. 4D, from that one old X-man show. The one with Jung Min, she was hilarious singing

so tragicallly hahaha.

Guest betchay

this is my first time join in a forum to talk about a Korean actress! :lol: I'm so in love with our Hye sun,

Hello kimcherokee, welcome to this thread & well said.

I'm glad that you dedicated your 1st post to HyeSun.

Keep on posting.. :D

[ 3279292650_413f1cb194.jpg

ambition, thanks for the pix.

She is indeed very cute. Loved her v sign. :D

Guest susAmerica

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/s..._413f1cb194.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/s..._ef21600086.jpg

I also like that she is choosing her projects thoughtfully and looking into activities that

will benefit her career in long-term. She is really gutsy to pursue things that interests her other than acting.

She has the talent and the can do attitude (evidence from the crazy BOF schedule), I really

Even though she seems shy, It would be nice if she appears more in variety show. She really made an

impression on everyone, including Mr. 4D, from that one old X-man show. The one with Jung Min, she was hilarious singing

so tragicallly hahaha.

Thank you for the pic of tiny GHS with 3 other tiny boys. I just laughed out loud thinking where is the 4th boy? Perhaps with Gawel?

Kimcherokee and ambition,

I agree with you about GHS. She is wise and thoughtful in every ways. What a smart business woman. She is inspirational to all no matter what age.

Guest xiaomaii

kimcherokee welcome to thread! don't hesitate to post your thoughts about GHS! you define our unnie so well! And I'm greatful you appreciate and was impressed on her work. :blush:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/s..._413f1cb194.jpg

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/s..._ef21600086.jpg

so tragicallly hahaha.

keke..and I wonder who's the Mr. 4D who was mesmerized by Ms. 4D.. yeah, I know the guy :P

welcome to GHS thread! :blush: I hope it's warm enough to feel you're welcomed!

the preschool pic of HyeSun is so cute. She projects for a cam so well even in such a young age..haha Thanks for posting it!

taprus.jpg

2l9tddt.jpg

10r7pub.jpg

Guest susAmerica

http://popseoul.com/2009/05/27boas-brother-kwon-soonhwon/

Above is a site to an article about Kwon Soon-hwon who is BOA's brother. I thought it was interesting because he is a highly learned musician who states that Ryuichi Sakamoto is his role model. Kwon is also getting ready for his concert. I don't know if Sakamoto is also GHS' favorite composer but I remember she said that she felt the desire to write after listening to the one and the same composer. The result is of course, TANGO. I immediately thought they should call each other to see if they can collaborate at all since GHS is working hard on her new age album. I listened to a sample of Kwon's music at the site and it could be sort of new age. I am not a musician, so I can't say for sure. I saw in this thread in an article that her album will not be ready for sale until the end of the year. GHS also went to Enio Morikone's concert to perhaps be inspired. I hope GHS read the article about Kwon and I hope Kwon knows about GHS. BOA's other brother may make the connection for the two people since he was the fake director when Tablo was trying to trick GHS to ses if she would recognize him in the CHANGE Variety Show. (This is an impulsive thinking in witten form.)

this is my first time join in a forum to talk about a Korean actress! :lol: I'm so in love with our Hye sun, and i love reading your comments and ideas about her! I'm a graphic designer and an art student also, our Hye Sun artworks really impress me, i can assure you by all my experiences in art that she is very good at drawing though she didn't learn it so hard, her pictures are full of imagination and sensitivity, when i saw them i could feel another side of her, like her artworks! i had sent them to my classmates, they all like it, one of my friend use the picture in Tango book as her avatar though she didnt know anything about Hye Sun!

THANKS to susAmerica for the wonderful translation and thanks to Pixie_eve for your comments, bcz it is exactly what i think about her! :) , i'm so happy that our girl is very intelligent and careful about her next step! like all of you, i'm hoping to watch her new drama everyday, but i'm sure that i can wait for a new Goo hye sun in the near future, she really need to relax after all and choose a new suitable role!

i thought that after BOF, she will be like LMH or KHJ, appear at almost magazines, beautify herself or have some scandals, maybe change her image like a naughty girl....but that's not true and i respect her so much!

i'm not as talent as her but beside a graphic designer i also wrote some short stories and news for some Websites and newspapers, work as a silk seller, and now i'm trying to become a photographer! i'm feel comfortable with myself and blissful that i won't regret! everyone just have once to live, why dont we follow our dream and try hard to make it come true???? i dont care much about the result bcz when i get old i won't have enough strength to do them!

so, who else criticize GHS are just envy at her talents and maybe they dont have enough strength to grant their hope!

Love GHS's beautiful and strong soul, and the smile like sunshine! love all of you bcz we stand by her side! have good time!

Hi..welcome to the thread. At last ... a real artist drops by to show her appericiation towards Hye sun's artworks. Normally , true artist will cherish the other peer creativity. Eventhough arts is a subjective issue to be discussed : not everybody can say the same thing about one piece of artwork, some will say it artistic and some will say it monotonous;in the real world, every artist released his/her soul in every piece .

Thanks susAmerica for the translation. Oh.. I don't know that BOA has indirect connection with Hye sun. That's good.

Guest pixie_eve

This are super cute pics of hyesun... I particularly like the 2nd pic,,she looks so young, bubbly and too cute :D it makes u want to pinch her cheeks hahaha..She was so skinny on the last pic though, totally different from the chubby pic circulating in the net. I think the chubby pic was photo shopped, it might be her face but it can't be her body is it? Not that it matters anyway :)

Guest pixie_eve

Welcome to GHS' thread :D That was what i tried to point at over the other website that's obviously envious of our girl :P The emotions that an artwork evokes is one of the basis of a good artwork. If they don't like it then let them be, but don't dare they say that her works are not worthy enough for an exhibition or that her works are just doodles and unprofessional, because every other art form is subjective and deserving of an exhibit.

Following all ur dreams will give u the satisfaction and the happiness that no amount of money can give. We must not limit ourselves to one thing right? for GHS i think she too doesn't want to care much about the results of her dreams, because to fulfill all her dreams is a feat itself. I think for her, it's the journey that matters, the awards and recognitions are just bonuses from her journey :)

This is also the first time that i become engrossed over a korean actress :D and i got to agree with you that her strength of character and soulfulness is wat makes me adore her. She's one celebrity who's not obsessed with beauty or with the celebrity status she's having. Her beauty is not skin-deep, she has substance and her character is in itself beautiful :)

Guest marj_0011

Hello to all GOO HYE SUN fans here! :)

This is my first post here in Soompi. I found Hye Sun cute! So, I decided to join here. :D

Am I welcome? I'm glad to be here and to know more about Hye Sun. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Kyhara

Hello there marj_0011!

Thanks everyone for all the pictures! There are so many that I had never seen before.

I immediately thought they should call each other to see if they can collaborate at all since GHS is working hard on her new age album. I listened to a sample of Kwon's music at the site and it could be sort of new age. I am not a musician, so I can't say for sure.

Kwon's work sounds more towards pop/classical than new age to me (but then new age is hard to define) but it wouldn't be a bad idea to see them collaborate together it's true. Definitely an interesting mix.

That's so true. Most people who criticize don't understand that the most important thing is not to become a legend in everything you do but to try hard to live through your passions to communicate with others. That's why I also find Goo Hye Sun such an inspiration as she reaches out for her dreams one step at a time, always working hard and doing her best, without acting like she's all that. Welcome to Soompi and good luck with everything you want to do in the future.

Hello to all GOO HYE SUN fans here! :)

This is my first post here in Soompi. I found Hye Sun cute! So, I decided to join here. :D

Am I welcome? I'm glad to be here and to know more about Hye Sun. :sweatingbullets:

hello,u are welcome in here :)

hello,welcome in hyesun thread :) hoping you can post some art of hye sun,thanks.

Guest sharp

hello to everyone.... and to beautiful HYE SUN....aja aja fighting..... :)

i just want to give this info.....did you know that Kimura Takuya is the voice of Hanazawa Rui in hanayori dango 1994...

Question......Is there a possibility for our beautiful GOO HYE SUN to work with......Rain?.......Kwon sang woo?........Won bin?........Hyun bin?....in a drama...... just a wishful thinking...kekekekeke :P

i forgot your name, but anyways...thank you for giving me the link of tablo's radio show w/ goo hye sun.....thank you..thank you..

but is there a video?.....

Guest susAmerica

susAmerica pls translate this article.

here the link

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/view.php?ts...033008554237003

(It is long. But I am glad to have the chance to translate. Again, I am in awe of her as a person. She is truly inspirational. When Tablo interviewed her, he said at one point, that even though he is older than her, HS felt like a much older and mature person. That is how I felt learning more about her.)

“Goo Hye Sun: Music that She Seeks to Enjoy in Her Time Off”

Reported by Kang Myung Suk (two@10asia.co.kr) on March 30, 2009

An actor’s resume #1:an internet ulzzang; a youth-oriented sitcom graduate; a singing

program MC; currently a leading actor in a most popular drama.

An actor’s resume #2: a leading female actor using Yanbin accent and who moved a daily drama to new and different levels; only slightly over 20 years old

holding up a hefty headdress to play a tragic historical figure

spanning from her wedding to her own death; written about 100 of

her own musical composition

Goo Hye Sun has surpassed everybody’s expectation of her. Who would have thought she would challenge herself to try such diverse roles and projects ranging from being an MC to comedy to drama to historical drama.

“This is the ideal time for me to do my best to learn and sharpen my craft as an actress. I must face the difficulties and challenges now. There may not be any opportunity later.”

It did not take the public long to find out how correct she was with her decisions and choices.

As noted above, at 25, Goo Hye Sun has a resume of diverse filmography. KBS’ Boys Over Flowers is a result of accumulation of her diverse experience as an actor and performer.

“I have gained from my work experience the joy and satisfaction of getting along and collaborating with my acting peers and the importance of creating safe harmony in order to make the best drama possible together.”

“I do not think it is that important to compare which actor is receiving more attention or not. I think of myself as a F4 fan and do my part as best as I can. ha ha.”

Also, the outpouring interest in Boys Over Flowers is directing the viewers’ attention to Goo Hye Sun’ yet other talents. We become aware of her singing ability as evidenced by her performance many years ago at an end-of-the-year award ceremony where she performed in the musical GREASE. She also has directed a short film called Cheerful Caretaker. We also find out that she herself wrote the script and composed the music for her short film. Someday, Goo Hye Sun hopes to make an album of her compositions. But, for now, she wants to fully and satisfactorily complete all the work related to Boys Over Flowers. So, here is Goo Hye Sun’s playlist. These are the list of music/songs that she listens to in her time off or on vacation.

1. Jason Mraz’ “We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things”

“To call it ‘cool’ is not quite correct….I think of it more as music that ‘empties’ 1%. I like that it does not emphasize too much of one emotion whether it is happy or sad. His music opens up for me this 1% space that I can freely enter to become engrossed in my own thoughts. Of course, I also enjoy listening to music that makes me fall deeply into the artist-created emotion, but I also think it enjoyable to listen to music that gives me the space to observe my own feelings and thoughts. Jason Mraz’ ‘we sing, we dance, we steal things’ has a feel of “pop”, but it is also a balanced mixture of different yet detailed musical genres that relax and comfort the listener.”

This extraordinary musician may actually provide Goo Hye Sun with the best vacation-like break when she must digest and deal with the tight and hectic schedule. GHS recommends Jason Mraz’ “lucky” as the best track to give her that 1% room to be in her own soothing space.

2. Maroon 5 “songs about Jane”

This album is very popular in Korea. During her middle school years, GHS was part of a band that used to copy the Rollercoaster Band (?).

“At that time, I dreamed of becoming a professional musician. Even then, I loved music that combines various genres so well that music is processed naturally by the listeners. Maroon 5 is one such band. Again, you hear the wonderful balance of rock, blues, funk and pop. Not one type overwhelms another and you feel relaxed.”

She enjoys not only the popular ‘this love’, but most of all, ‘she will be loved’. Her reason is that the even mixture of funk, blues, and the “black sound” makes the composition indistinct and yet increases and stimulates the listener’s sensibility.

3. Nell’s “Let’s Take a Walk”

GHS’ third choice is Nell’s newly rearranged “Let’s Take A Walk” album.

Even the title offers a promise of time off. This album is different than others because it focuses on the acoustics sound and its melody stimulates the senses.

“I was surprised when I heard this new arrangement. I love Nell but I was even clearer as to why. I could just hear and sense what Nell may feel when depressed. I listen to it once in a while to just get into my own inner space.”

Above all, she loves “good night” in the album. She recommends listening to the original version and then listening to the new arrangement and perhaps the listener will hear what she hears.

4. Jack Johnson’s “Sleep Through the Static”

Johnson is a famous surfer, environmental activist, distinguished military person. He records his music in a studio energized by the solar power. His music is equivalent to nature and relaxation.

“If I were to go on vacation and maybe to an island, I think I will be listening to his album while looking up at the night sky. There are tons of songs out there to enjoy on a vacation. However, Jack Jackson’s music makes you feel like you are in the middle of the nature. You can almost feel the wind, sound of the ocean, and I can think more clearly. You feel the immense peace and vivid colors.”

In a world that contains over stimulation, GHS chooses music that under stimulates and provide consolation. She especially loves “All at Once” in the album.

5. Lee Sora’s “Sora’s Diary”

“Ms. Lee Sora is one of the best female vocalists. But I also want people to know that she is one of the best female producers.”

GHS’ 5th choice for music to enjoy during a break is “Sora’s Diary”. Whenever she gets a break from acting, GHS loves working on her music. Also, Lee Sora is one of GHS’ role models. Among all the musicians in Korea, Lee Sora is one amazing vocalist and producer who reflect in her music her whole self and emotion so very clearly.

“Going on vacation does not only mean resting. Ultimately it is also a time to carefully reflect on oneself. Lee Sora’s album helps me to reflect on myself. Among her songs, I truly love “Sharry”. As I work on my own songs and music, I hope to write my own diary. Of course, I cannot say how well I can do that. (laughter)”

“I feel that music is like a tree’s annual ring. I do not play music so that I want to hear people’s praise. I have been playing music since very young age. Music represents for me the development of who I am becoming. Who I am today, like the annual tree ring. Even if I do not release an album, I will continue to work on and play my music. But if do get the opportunity to produce an album, I hope to insert few songs that hopefully both the public and I may feel the affinity and connection.”

GHS has moved from an internet ulzzang to an acknowledged actress to now a musician. She always seems to be moving into unexpected direction and goals. As a musician, I wonder what we can expect to hear? I hope to soon hear her music that would symbolize her next annual tree ring.