Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest pixie_eve

Thank xiaomaii, nina , betchay, pink fairy and ambition for the fanarts and pics.

Xiaomaii...I like your sentence 'we have to tone down for a while'. So..can we discuss it in the future? Just joking!

But I really hope it can happens coz minsun taiwan's trip is around the corner.

Im all excited over the Taiwan trip too. I want to see hyesun again on a pomo tour outside Korea, and its more special because minHoo is with her keke :)

I haven't been posting lately but i've been back reading a lot. And thanks for all the fanarts betch, pinkfairy and pics from all the contributors ...ur all good at digging all these GHS stuff ... so proud of our girl!! :D

Guest pixie_eve

25 years old, Goo Hye Sun's memo (written by GHS in 2008)

"Not a single minute to rest. This is a great life. How is it that I have so much to do? I am just so busy, all by myself. All because of me. It is making me feel sick and tired. They say I should focus on one thing only and work really hard at it. At least I should find a way to earn a living in order to eat. BUT. That is just the Society trying to make us pour all our energy into just one thing. Isn't it better to have many dreams for one's life?

That is why I agonize. Yes. I know I should earn a living, but at the same time, I want to be able to do what I want. How do I do that? And this agony and stress also make me feel so excited. 25 years old. Now and forward into future, I will continue to stress and ponder over it. That is why I am extremely busy all because of me."

First of all, THANKS to susAmerica for the wonderful translation :)

I must say, I truly adore how GHS opens her heart out through her works, unafraid of what other critics will say. In this memo, one evidently sees how GHS philosophizes her dreams and ambitions. Although she knew she will have a lot of contradiction doing all things all at the same time, she still followed the call from her soul and directed her energy into different fields. Living many dreams that she wanted in her life..and she is right. If u have the chance to make all ur dreams come true, y not grab it? and this is the best time to do it. I don't believe she is self-aggrandizing (as wat other envious people claim) by showing off her different talents at the same time, I believe she's fulfilling a dream of having many dreams and being recognized for it.

Q: I need to ask you about CF work. During and after, the BOF lead actors have been offered tons of CF work. I am assuming that is also your situation. But my feeling is that you are not actively or whole-heartedly trying to do many CF work. On one hand I even thought that you are trying to protect your image as a YG actress and so you are using a smart strategy to ensure that.

A: I actually received many and numerous CF offers that wanted to use the GEUM JANDI image from BOF, Geum Jandi's bobbed haircut and all.

I especially received tons of offers from food variety CF---meat, dumpling, ramen, ice-cream, even candy CF's. If these CF offers included person to person dialogues, or if I felt that these CF's would have produced win-win situation in the long run, I may have considered. But I decided that they would not. I thought, after 3 months of doing these commercials, what would be my image and how would I be used again? I am sure I would have earned much money very easily. However, I decided not to make poor choices for myself in order to make money.

Critics and netizens say that Lee minhoo is spreading himself too thin by appearing in all commercials offered to him..and in a way i do believe in that too--no offense to minhoo's management cause i think they have their own game plan too, and besides,Korean actors differ from korean actress. I think actors have a bigger fan share and their career can last longer than actresses. In this sense, i think GHS made a wiser move, by not appearing in all sorts of commercials that capitalizes on GJD. I think it was a wise move to choose the brands that will give you a more credible and lasting impression as a whole. GHS wants to be known as GHS, she will have JD image tagging along all her life (and she is thankful for that) but to be able to last longer in the industry she has to establish herself as GHS and not spread herself too thin by capitalizing on JD..Her choosing her CFs carefully and leaving a good impression of all her works -- that's a good move and a long term one :D .

Q: Why doesn't GHS just concentrate on acting? Why are you putting your hands into so many different type of work? Are you trying to earn money?

A: If I really just wanted to make lots of money, I could have concentrated on selecting CF work and spend lots of time trying to beautify myself.

I agree. GHS is famous now especially in Korea, with her name being leveled with Kim tae hee, Song hye kyo as a beauty ambassadress :) If GHS only wants money, she can accept all the CFs and make herself more beautiful and glamorous, but as we can see, she's doing the opposite. In her several public appearances, she appeared without make up and dresses unassumingly. If she wants money, she could have glamorized herself to UP her market and accept every CFs and drama that will feature her beauty more. She could have all the big contracts at the rate her popularity is going. But GHS is more circumspect and sensible than that. She chooses longevity and artistry over the easier route of using her popularity to make money :)

Guest goldfishinthesky

that is true, why should we just have one goal, we only live once, and once is enough really, we just need to believe and try to reach for it as hard as we can--eventually we will reach it--just like how we reach the moon--lol

well that's what i want to believe--

really i think GHS is admirable in that aspect of being able to reach for her goalss at such a young age--well with the support of her pervious income--but stars do get it hard as a trainee--so i am in full support in her dream as a producer--that;s just awesome--be in charge and just go for it--nice~! :D

Guest doremii*

I want to see her in a drama/movie =(

I mean, it's nice to see her fulfill her other dreams (writing a book, singing, etc), but I miss seeing her onscreen lol

Guest ml_87

Critics and netizens say that Lee minhoo is spreading himself too thin by appearing in all commercials offered to him.

actually, that's not all. he's refused quite a few. :sweatingbullets:

btw, i wonder most of the CFs refer to JD imagine? :o i hope not! She's a multi-talented actress. JD is not the one! others are great, too! i love the cute gal in Pure 19 :D

----------

i love this piz. look like a doll! :rolleyes:

http://i43.tinypic.com/htw8c4.jpg

I want to see her in a drama/movie =(

I mean, it's nice to see her fulfill her other dreams (writing a book, singing, etc), but I miss seeing her onscreen lol

Me too. Hopefully after she has achieved all her dreams; novelist,art exhibitor , composer and producer, she'll come back to us in the small screen or movie. She reached my heart by her acting. Maybe her arts too.

She should act more in modern dramas . Her 'Pure 19' is a masterpiece. With good script and well known producer, she'll give a brilliant perfomance. I don't mind she's being in a villainous role .This role can challenge her acting ability , making her versatile actress. Eventhough some said she has a naive and fragile face, this can be overcome by applying certain make-up skills to make her look bad and evil. And off course , she has to master the face expression to suit the role.

Guest mj0784

Thanks susAmerica for the translation :wub:

It makes me more admire her! She is not just a pretty face but a woman with substance :wub:

Guest susAmerica

Just found this in youtube.

GHS was ranked #1 as being the prettiest actor as a child.

090306 Unusual Ranking - Pretty childhood of stars

Guest nico_robin

pink_fairy

r u from taiwan?? if so, lucky to hv MINSUN there.....im looking 4ward to see more luvly pics of MINSUN at taiwan.......now, juz two of them...

no interuption :P :P hahahaha

Guest pixie_eve

hi gals , i have created a short clip for minsun couple.

here's the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Ui3p7noO4...player_embedded

enjoy watching ^^

Oh mY Oh MY :D:D my fangirl mode is making me all giddy because of ur mv selita :) I wish u could have extended the vid though hehe...I love MinSun keke...and u gave it a special touch with Minhoo's own voice on the MV waaaaa I'm sooo inlove with this couple...sorry for venting my giddiness here hehe...its very much related to hyesun anyways :)

Guest susAmerica

susAmerica or dunlop09 pls translate this article.

here the link

http://www.y-star.co.kr/_ln/0101_200905271609418944

thanks.

On 6/6/09 MC Kim Tae Hyun will be hosting a new "survival variety" program through Comedy TV and it is called "Ulzzang Generation".

This is a program that will pick and rank top ulzzang in Korea. (Sorry, I do not feel 100% sure with my tanslation of this article because I am not sure whether the show is picking from the people who are already well-known ulzzangs or if they are picking from a group of new and potential ulzzangs.)

This program is already attracting attention of viewers because the show claims to pick the top ulzzang.

It says they will call out to the show ulzzangs like Hong Yong Gi, Goo Hye Sun, Jung Hyun Joo and many other male ulzzangs who are popular among female students.

In the show, ulzzangs will appear in masks, then show off their real face and then through variety of "missions and games". the top ulzzang will be picked. Ulzzangs will also show off their talents, personality and abilities and the audience can certify their authentic appearance on TV. They want lots of help for their show. (I don't know what kind of help that they are talking about.)

It says it is a program that will follow in the tradition or "backs" of Goo Hye Sun and Hyun Bin. (again, I am not sure. Please feel free to re-translate. I guess we have to see what happens in the show on June 6th.)

Guest susAmerica

Actually I did briefly summarize this video in this soompi thread but cannot find it. Unfortunately, the interviewer did NOT ask Jo In Sung about the kiss scene with GHS. (I may be mistaken but I think, in Korea, the reporters are very careful not to be the cause of creating scandals among the actors. It is OK but not for the fans who want to know.) The interviewer commented while JIS and GHS were filming the kiss on the cheek segment of CF. His comment was that the kiss scene is the highlight of CF, it is creating endorphin, the two stars cannot stop smiling and the interviewer wishes GHS can come and kiss him like that too. While filming, JIS yells to GHS, "It has been a long time" (I am guessing that they haven't filmed TLJ cake CF together in a long time.) GHS kisses JIS on the cheek and the Director asks GHS to move away and then come back few times and repeat the kissing. One hears JIS yells out to the Director, "Thank You".

On 6/6/09 MC Kim Tae Hyun will be hosting a new "survival variety" program through Comedy TV and it is called "Ulzzang Generation".

This is a program that will pick and rank top ulzzang in Korea. (Sorry, I do not feel 100% sure with my tanslation of this article because I am not sure whether the show is picking from the people who are already well-known ulzzangs or if they are picking from a group of new and potential ulzzangs.)

This program is already attracting attention of viewers because the show claims to pick the top ulzzang.

It says they will call out to the show ulzzangs like Hong Yong Gi, Goo Hye Sun, Jung Hyun Joo and many other male ulzzangs who are popular among female students.

In the show, ulzzangs will appear in masks, then show off their real face and then through variety of "missions and games". the top ulzzang will be picked. Ulzzangs will also show off their talents, personality and abilities and the audience can certify their authentic appearance on TV. They want lots of help for their show. (I don't know what kind of help that they are talking about.)

It says it is a program that will follow in the tradition or "backs" of Goo Hye Sun and Hyun Bin. (again, I am not sure. Please feel free to re-translate. I guess we have to see what happens in the show on June 6th.)

it's alright,many thanks for you translation..

pink fairy funny cartoon gif :lol: you know,you alwalys make me smile n laugh.thanks for it :lol:

Guest dolphin501

hi, is anyone interested to buy minho, hyun joong, kim bum or hye sun autographed photos?

i am gathering people to buy. it is selling at RMB 75 each. pls PM me your email address if you are interested. I will email you the pictures for you to choose. thanks. :)

Guest ngochuyenfan

090527Star83.jpg

Is this really Goo Hye Sun?

I just saw the news on Vietnamese site, they saids this girl is Hye Sun? ^^

Guest susAmerica

http://images3.kenh14.vn/Images/Uploaded/S...90527Star83.jpg

Is this really Goo Hye Sun?

I just saw the news on Vietnamese site, they saids this girl is Hye Sun? ^^

This particular picture is becoming a controversy and seems to be spreading throughout the internet.

Please refer to page 186 on this soompi thread and look under Windoze collection of GHS' young pix along with the one you just posted which is over there also. Then you tell us what you think. Thanks.