[drama 2006] My Lovely Fool 내사랑 못난이

Guest dramaok

and i watched the preview many times and it seems he's gonna kidnap chayeon because of dongju.

he stared at her after someone said chaeyeon was shindongju's 2nd wife... and someone at sbs board said he is yookyeong's ex who's pissed at dongju because yookyeong dumped him for dongju... and it's possible that dongju will come rescue chayeon after he finds out chayeon's been kidnapped.

:w00t::w00t:

Our DJ will come to the rescue?!?? :w00t::w00t:

This couldn't get any better than this!

Thank you for the great news, dramaok!! hehee..

I am now rewatching ep 10 again... :lol:

{edited:}

Quick question...

what did HT say to CY that made her smack HT's head?

hehee.. this is the scene right before they show DJ in his office..

(the sexy back scene lol) :D

gah~~ I'm loving the background song in this scene... (track #2 in the OST)

and after watching it over and over again, it's clear to see that DJ is devastated by the way that guy 'grabs' CY in the noraebang and it ends with the scene where CY is crying over to HT after the fighting scene...

he must be feeling really jealous too? hehe... poor DJ...

Bravo to PSM for the awesome acting in this scene! <3

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Duri is really the child of the dead boyfriend then SH must had seen CY's picture somewhere hidden up by the dead man. :sweatingbullets:

was it ever established that the dead boyfriend of SH really fathered Duri

or he and CY were just childhood sweethearts ie. Duri's father is someone else?

i find it extremely unlikely that if he and SH were really in love

that he would leave CY's photo hidden anywhere such that SH will eventually see it?!?!

my speculation is that SH took a liking to CY on her own in Saipan

in a way, SH made use of her as the last straw when she exited the marriage

and knowing now that CY has Duri to worry about

SH must be feeling bad that she got CY into such a precarious and tormenting arrangement with DJ

i even think SH is smart enough to realize that DJ & CY must have made a deal rather than get married for real

i'm confused ...

do you think SH made use of CY?? the only thing that SH did is to just randomly pick CY out because she happens to be nearby and told DJ that she will divorce him if he's marrying someone like CY instead of YK whom she detested when he asked her for a divorce. at least it seems that way to me. i would think it didn't even enter her head that DJ would actually plot that scandal & marry CY just to make her eat her words and to break free? or am i missing out on something? or did SH sees DJ's adverse reaction to CY and purposely picked CY thinking to saddle him with someone not of his taste to torture him further? which would mean she had all this worked out?

i'm confused ...

do you think SH made use of CY?? the only thing that SH did is to just randomly pick CY out because she happens to be nearby and told DJ that she will divorce him if he's marrying someone like CY instead of YK whom she detested when he asked her for a divorce. at least it seems that way to me. i would think it didn't even enter her head that DJ would actually plot that scandal & marry CY just to make her eat her words and to break free? or am i missing out on something? or did SH sees DJ's adverse reaction to CY and purposely picked CY thinking to saddle him with someone not of his taste to torture him further? which would mean she had all this worked out?

no i dun think SH planned the scandal - that is all DJ's doing

but all these years i think SH found it hard to let DJ go

she finally gave in and made only 1 condition under which she will leave DJ or rather let him leave her

so only if DJ agreed that he will marry CY will SH acede to his request for divorce

and you're right, CY so happens to be around so she was mixed into the equation

(i din mean 'made use of' in a scheming way but still SH used CY in her ultimatum to DJ)

i asked this before....

who exactly is the FOOL in the title?

those who know korean - does it have a gender connotation in the word FOOL?

with the 'lovely' adjective, the FOOL here has to be a girl?

Guest chellenaruto1990

wow that new scenario about CY being kidnapped and DJ coming to the rescue is like a dream come true!!

i dont wanna be let down and see it not happen though hehe

and about CY having a new love interest, i highly doubt it. and if he is, it'll be like close to nothing. hes not even in the character profile list on the site-not even for the smaller characters. hes prob just a one episode character or just a few more.

and DJ ahhaa

i dont think ppl who havent watched this drama would understand.

i didnt like him much either.. that is until i WATCHED the drama hahaha

hes really charismatic and has this mushissuh feel around him. a great actor...

:w00t::w00t:

Our DJ will come to the rescue?!?? :w00t::w00t:

This couldn't get any better than this!

Thank you for the great news, dramaok!! hehee..

I am now rewatching ep 10 again... :lol:

{edited:}

Quick question...

what did HT say to CY that made her smack HT's head?

hehee.. this is the scene right before they show DJ in his office..

(the sexy back scene lol) :D

gah~~ I'm loving the background song in this scene... (track #2 in the OST)

and after watching it over and over again, it's clear to see that DJ is devastated by the way that guy 'grabs' CY in the noraebang and it ends with the scene where CY is crying over to HT after the fighting scene...

he must be feeling really jealous too? hehe... poor DJ...

Bravo to PSM for the awesome acting in this scene! <3

If Duri is really the child of the dead boyfriend then SH must had seen CY's picture somewhere hidden up by the dead man. :sweatingbullets:

i'm confused ...

i dont think SH knows the connection yet between all of them or what connects all of them. It was definitely a random arrangement and i also think she was testing DJ to see if he would actually go that far to get out of the marriage. Surprise surprise he did and now we have a bigger mess than necessary. And according to that website, i think i read that the dead friend meets CY after the marriage of DJ and SH. It makes sense since DJ and Sh have been married for 10 years and DR is only 7 or 8 years old i think in the drama.

SH definitely underestimated Cy ill give you that much but she truly detests YK because she disrespects her and that in her book is a huge NO NO. It would give DJ too much satisfaction and YK as well if they were to marry so she chose CY at random to torture the crap out of her.

As far as SH's plans for Cy is still up in the air, i think that SH will soften up because of DR and that she will help CY. I kind of wish she wouldnt and it just shows that CY just for the simple fact that she did it on her own without any help from both of them.

Oh brother, the kidnapping plot is a little too much for me right now to digest. I was hoping he be competition for DJ. But we still have about 10 more episodes to go so i dont think they will bring in another character but probably prolong the reunion of CY and DJ. Thanks Mic,, i have to check out the website again.

Also, Ay link- HT asked if he was her pimp and that is what prompted CY to smack his head. :lol: I would too!

i asked this before....

who exactly is the FOOL in the title?

those who know korean - does it have a gender connotation in the word FOOL?

with the 'lovely' adjective, the FOOL here has to be a girl?

내사랑 (nae-sarang) = my love

못난 (mot-nan) = ill born (as in ugly or stupid/fool)

이 (ee) = a person

so the overall meaning = "my love, who is a fool" or something like that. it's one of those phrases that's hard to translate, since 'mot-nan' is kind of a unique term in korean.

and i think the foolish love refers to hotae. he and chayeon were the first to cast for the drama, and i believe they had a different title to start out, i think it was 'let's tango'. boy i'm glad they changed the title. in the beginning phase, they were trying to make a drama about 2 friends from orphanage who are trying to make it out in the world, with the guy being a fool, but loved by the heroine.

and about the kidnap plot, it's not from sbs, but from a board user, so i don't think it's all accurate. actually, that new gangster guy looks too old to be yookyeong's ex lover. i really miss the days when chayeon and dongju were 'yobo - ahjussi - ajoomma' to each other. they were so cute....

welcome! did we watch 'that woman' together? your sn sounds familiar....

no, don't think so ^^ i watched the drama when it's already completed, thanks for the summaries cos I relied on your summaries to follow that drama

==

i don't think i'm the only one when i say that i'm hooked on this drama because of the interactions between dj and cy. and i'm still sticking around because i'm waiting for their make out session (ahaha). it's hot when he's jealous and being agressive... :sweatingbullets:

dj's angry meter. lol

from sbs website

imagejspke4.jpg

^omg the angry meter is hilarious!! hahahaa... :lol: I can't stop giggling here :P

thanks anne! and welcome to the thread! XD

DJ looks so HOT when he's furious like that :wub:

*gah~~ almost can't believe it myself that I'll be saying this stuffs about PSM in about every other post I make in this thread... hahaha...but I do think his role as DJ is just puuurrfect!*

Really can't wait to see the kiss and make-up session later in a few weeks! hehehehehe.... ^_^

bella, ah.. no wonder HT got smack... hihi.. I would smack him too! :lol:

Btw, I was thinking about the relationship between HT and CY last night (see how this drama gets me into deep analysis even when I was in the middle of doing subbing ... kekeke...)...

Do you think they have any past history together?

coz in that one flashback... i forgot which eppie, but it looks like they share a history together...history of being more than friends, or at least from HT's side.... did he like her before or something? :huh:

dramaok, yeah.. I think the "fool" here can refer to HT, but I dunno... there's the word "lovely" in there too... so it might be CY hehe... I'm just throwing a guess here.

I really miss DJ-CY interaction as husband-wife also... so I ended up re-watching episode 5 all over again :blush:

^omg the angry meter is hilarious!! hahahaa... :lol: I can't stop giggling here :P

thanks anne! and welcome to the thread! XD

DJ looks so HOT when he's furious like that :wub:

*gah~~ almost can't believe it myself that I'll be saying this stuffs about PSM in about every other post I make in this thread... hahaha...but I do think his role as DJ is just puuurrfect!*

Really can't wait to see the kiss and make-up session later in a few weeks! hehehehehe.... ^_^

bella, ah.. no wonder HT got smack... hihi.. I would smack him too! :lol:

Btw, I was thinking about the relationship between HT and CY last night (see how this drama gets me into deep analysis even when I was in the middle of doing subbing ... kekeke...)...

Do you think they have any past history together?

coz in that one flashback... i forgot which eppie, but it looks like they share a history together...history of being more than friends, or at least from HT's side.... did he like her before or something? :huh:

dramaok, yeah.. I think the "fool" here can refer to HT, but I dunno... there's the word "lovely" in there too... so it might be CY hehe... I'm just throwing a guess here.

I really miss DJ-CY interaction as husband-wife also... so I ended up re-watching episode 5 all over again :blush:

That angry meter is hilarious!

Actually i think their relationship is strictly platonic. BEcause of the fact that they have been friends for so long with so much history together, i think it has gotten to a point in their relationship that they are like blood brothers and sisters. They might disagree with each other, not talk to each other for awhile and fight like there is no tomorrow, they are the only ones where both of them can bring the other back to earth and keep each other real and say what noone wants to say.

Thanks, anne! Love the anger meter. Dare i ask for the the slap scene anger meter?

The only time i ever thought there was something more going on between CY and HT was when the YK announced her engagement to HT at the reception and CY had that expression, which (to me) was more than a surprised look. Since then, they seem like very good friends. i really like HT and how much he treasures Duri like his own son. Yes, CY is working very hard to save her son but HT is working tirelessly along with her.

In all my praises about DJ, i had forgotten what a great actress CY is. They do have great chemistry together. I really miss the happy DJ-CY scenes, which was sorely lacking in last epis. The only happy scenes i could find were among CY,HT,Duri, and the guy who swindled them (ohhh, what have i been reduced to?):

Around end of ep10 when the swindler (aka Daniel Henney wannabe) tries to get on CY's good side:

DH: Wow, older sister (CY) is a really good cook. This kimchi stew is terrific.

HT: I made the kimchi stew.

DH: The rice is really good.

HT: I made the rice too.

DH: This spinach...

Duri: HT ajusshi made that too.

DH: Then, older sister, what did you do?

Duri: Mother's main responsibilty is to supervise HT ajussshi.

DH: Ah, you're doing really hard work.

CY: Because i've been so busy earning money, i haven't had the time to perfect my cooking skills.

DH: Ah, supervising others is difficult...especially those like HT who's like Don Quixote.

HT: Where will you sleep? There's only one room!

(and DH is banished to the tent)

Actually i think their relationship is strictly platonic. BEcause of the fact that they have been friends for so long with so much history together, i think it has gotten to a point in their relationship that they are like blood brothers and sisters. They might disagree with each other, not talk to each other for awhile and fight like there is no tomorrow, they are the only ones where both of them can bring the other back to earth and keep each other real and say what noone wants to say.

You think so? Hm. So far, we haven't witnessed any special 'feelings' from both HT and CY...

so yeah, hopefully they both are just friends, perhaps more.... since HT seems to be really care about Duri, and I just want to praise him for that since CY could use a bestfriend anytime :)

hscent, thanks for the translation! ^^

I can't stand to watch DH's scenes especially he started calling CY 'noona'... :blink:

so weird. What is his reason to do that?

And he calls DT 'dongseng' too? :mellow:

here's a few pictures taken from SBS site...

and I think they were trying to show the compare and contrast between scenes hehe..

mlf1jp0.jpg

DJ asking for her to fill his glass as compare to him asking for water in that cute kitchen scene XD

gosh I miss these moments... :tears:

mlf2ff5.jpg

CY singing...using a microphone, eh I mean a brush XD

mlf3uf6.jpg

I don't quite get what these one is trying to say....

mlf4fm0.jpg

I can't stand to watch DH's scenes especially he started calling CY 'noona'... :blink:

so weird. What is his reason to do that?

And he calls DT 'dongseng' too? :mellow:

hehe, you are not the only one that can't stand seeing DaeTong (swindler) calling CY 'noona'...even CY is disgusted when he calls her that. CY even asked DT: 'why am I your noona?'...and DT tells her: 'When I am afraid of something...I have a habit in calling all the women 'noona'...i'm sorry noona.'

LOL! I don't know what's his reason for calling HT 'dongseng'...but probably because HT is younger than him...so it's understandable that DT would call HT 'dongseng'...but calling CY 'noona'...that's just hilarious. I wonder if he'll ever call them by their real names.

So right now CY is taking care of 3 kids, one of whom is much more mature than both of them put together LOL

:lol::lol: There are lot of fools in this drama!

Let me see, besides the comic relief guy, i don't know who's the loveliest fool:

HT - means well but always gets into a mess

YK - come on, he's married!

DJ - blinded by jealousy

CY - i don't think she is but DJ certainly thinks she is

SH - haven't figured her out yet

:lol::lol: There are lot of fools in this drama!

Let me see, besides the comic relief guy, i don't know who's the loveliest fool:

HT - means well but always gets into a mess

YK - come on, he's married!

DJ - blinded by jealousy

CY - i don't think she is but DJ certainly thinks she is

SH - haven't figured her out yet

They are all fools except for DR. He is the wisest of them all.

Ok, im not the only one who thinks there is more to SH than what meets the eye. I havent gotten to figuring her out yet. She is truly the mystery here and what her real motives are.

it looks like this will be a 22 episode drama now.

sbs announced the next friday night drama starts on 10-27, starring shin ae-ra (inferior housewives).

so if i did my math right, that's 12 more episodes in 6 weeks of 'lovely fool' left.

is that right?

it looks like this will be a 22 episode drama now.

sbs announced the next friday night drama starts on 10-27, starring shin ae-ra (inferior housewives).

so if i did my math right, that's 12 more episodes in 6 weeks of 'lovely fool' left.

is that right?

Yep. :D :D

YAY!! XD

Usually friday dramas are 20 episodes, rite?

hm the Shin Ae-ra one,... do you happen to know who'll be the leading guy?

2 more days 'till Friday in Korea!! woohoo~~ ^^;;

I keep listening to "Ga Ji Ma" Track 2 on the soundtrack and playing that scene in ep 10.. hihi...

can't get enough of DJ :ph34r:

Archived