[drama 2004] Emperor Of The Sea/ Hae Shin 해신

InSong

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hai guys, I like this drama series but i had problem download it using megaupload, can you guy give me other links to download this series, if possible in rapidshare

thank you

Guest erica1064

Wow, there is actual movement in the thread! I'm so excited about that! Hope we get some folks on here that want to discuss. It's my first k-drama and one of my favorites.

dzul - hope you are able to find it.

Guest erica1064

For anyone coming over from the KotW thread, you may now begin telling me how much you dislike the character of Jung Hwa and why. We will have to come up with some other word for her besides cow since we've learned that this is a compliment in Korean.

Who knew??

But it must be a nice word because I want to be nice.

Guest Pyoungsang

For anyone coming over from the KotW thread, you may now begin telling me how much you dislike the character of Jung Hwa and why. We will have to come up with some other word for her besides cow since we've learned that this is a compliment in Korean.

Who knew??

You can call her pig if you want. Remember CG's little brother called her that in Goong. That's definitely not a compliment and not too nice. However, since you were using English and calling a woman a cow is insulting, I don't see why you can't continue to call her a cow. But how can you be nice when describing someone you don't like?

Nevertheless, I don't see why all the hate toward Jung Hwa. Is it just because she denied Yeom Moon? Made him suffer endlessly? Even when she never got to be with Jang Bo Go? Is it because she became a calculating merchant bent on economic revenge on Lady Jami? Is it because of her passive nature through out the whole show? Just guessing.

Guest selvaspeedy

We will have to come up with some other word for her besides cow since we've learned that this is a compliment in Korean.

Who knew??

I think it's such an insult for the cow to even call JungHwa a cow <_< but whateva since we're talking in English, Cow sounds good :sweatingbullets:

Nevertheless, I don't see why all the hate toward Jung Hwa. Is it just because she denied Yeom Moon? Made him suffer endlessly? Even when she never got to be with Jang Bo Go? Is it because she became a calculating merchant bent on economic revenge on Lady Jami? Is it because of her passive nature through out the whole show? Just guessing.

you're so damn right :P

omo it's 2 am here and I haven't slept yet -_- I'm so screwed -_- no soompi for me for at least a weak (lol as if :P )

:wub: my very 1st korean drama. caught it in episode 20 something (but continued watching it online) when my sister was insanely in love w/ it when it was airing in our local TV. she kept on bugging me to watch it (and OMG she's so annoying when she insists on something :blink: ) so finally I gave up and watched :P had a hard time in the beginning cause all the men looked alike w/ the long hair and the moustache and the beard :P but their heights was the solution finally :D

I read all of the 8 pages (it's a pity that such a great drama has only 8 pages e19403.gif I can say that most of us in here LOVED yeum moon :wub:

SIG was the reason behind my Kdramas addiction. I was irked by the fact that there was such a magnificent actor like him, and I had no clue about him before.

I found myself slowly falling in love w/ his character :blush: I just found my self obsessed about him. Didn't care that much about JangBogo (sorry!) all what I cared about was my Yeum Moon. He was so pitiful in here that I wanted to jump on screen and give him all the LOVE he needs :P so you can tell I'm a YM/JH shipper not a JB/JH shipper <_< didn't feel anything when JangBogo was w/ JungHwa (and their scenes was kinda boring for me :P ) but OMG whenever yeum Moon was w/ JungHwa, the whole screen start sparkling :P

about Ms. cow in here <_< this girl gave me a severe and chronic headache!!! she loves JangBogo, but she doesn't wanna marry him (because of the prostitution thing), then she's sad that he got married and even more sad when she knew his wife is pregnant. A sane woman would get herself together and leave this place and start a new life already. But she just stayed by his side (as if she wants to suffer even more :blink: ) crazy girl :crazy: and even more crazy for not falling in love w/ that tall hottie ahjussie (A.K.A. Yeum Moon :P ). What does the girl want in a guy to fall in love w/ him? to love her endlessly, to protect her, to be there when she needs him? OMG he was all that for her :crazy:

the man told you he was willing to leave all of his horrible past behind him, start a new good life even if he had to live in a tent w/ you!!! he was ready to do all of this if you just loved him a little bit :tears: crazy crazy woman :crazy:

what else e19376.gif that's it for now :D gotta sleep!!!

Guest erica1064

omo it's 2 am here and I haven't slept yet -_- I'm so screwed -_- no soompi for me for at least a weak (lol as if :P ) !!!!!!!!! That was me last night finishing up watching Tazza! I was up until 2am and then got up at 6am to go to work. Silly silly silly. I'm very tired now and will be signing off shortly myself.

:wub: my very 1st korean drama. OMGOODNESS ME TOO! caught it in episode 20 something (but continued watching it online) when my sister was insanely in love w/ it when it was airing in our local TV. she kept on bugging me to watch it (and OMG she's so annoying when she insists on something :blink: ) so finally I gave up and watched :P had a hard time in the beginning cause all the men looked alike w/ the long hair and the moustache and the beard :P but their heights was the solution finally :DI came in at episode 4 and was entranced by Yeom Moon. I tried to get my daughter to watch, but she thought I was insane.

I read all of the 8 pages (it's a pity that such a great drama has only 8 pages e19403.gif I can say that most of us in here LOVED yeum moon :wub:Sigh* That bad boy.

SIG was the reason behind my Kdramas addiction. I was irked by the fact that there was such a magnificent actor like him, and I had no clue about him before. TWIN! EotS was the first k-drama I watched. I looked up SIG (very little English information out there on him, which was why I started songilguktranslated.com) and I looked into the history of Korea and it's exports and imports, it's weather patterns and it's people. When I obsess, I obsess. :lol:

I found myself slowly falling in love w/ his character :blush: I just found my self obsessed about him. Didn't care that much about JangBogo (sorry!) all what I cared about was my Yeum Moon. He was so pitiful in here that I wanted to jump on screen and give him all the LOVE he needs :P so you can tell I'm a YM/JH shipper not a JB/JH shipper <_< didn't feel anything when JangBogo was w/ JungHwa (and their scenes was kinda boring for me :P ) but OMG whenever yeum Moon was w/ JungHwa, the whole screen start sparkling :PI wasn't even a shipper for anyone. I just wanted JH to be a little nicer toward YM. That would have made me happy. But personally, I think the real magic was between Yeom Moon and Jang Bogo. Their relationship was what drove the series and both actors were phenomenal.

the man told you he was willing to leave all of his horrible past behind him, start a new good life even if he had to live in a tent w/ you!!! he was ready to do all of this if you just loved him a little bit :tears: crazy crazy woman :crazy:YES! YES!

what else e19376.gif that's it for now :D gotta sleep!!!

First off, I want to say immediately that I think Soo Ae who played JH is a beautiful and talented woman. Any bitterness I have is all directed toward the fictional character JH, and I mostly just cling to that just because she hurt Yeom Moon. Emperor of the Sea is an amazing series that had me up at 12:30 am every night so I could watch the next installment on AZN. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. It ranks up there as one of the best k-dramas I've seen. So I have nothing but respect for all the actors, writers, and staff that worked together to make the series what it was.

Nevertheless, I don't see why all the hate toward Jung Hwa. Is it just because she denied Yeom Moon? YEP. Made him suffer endlessly? YEP. Even when she never got to be with Jang Bo Go? YEP. Is it because she became a calculating merchant bent on economic revenge on Lady Jami? Actually, I loved that about her...because as much as I didn't like JH, I recognized that she was good and honest. Lady Jami was eeeevillle. Is it because of her passive nature through out the whole show? I didn't see JH as passive really. Just gentle, intelligent, and good. She was really a strong character. Just guessing.

In my fair moments, I fully understand that Jung Hwa stayed away from Bogo because she thought their fate was bad. Everytime they were together something bad happened. His life had been threatened too often, as far as she was concerened and she sacrifically rejected that relationship to save him.

Yeom Moon on the other hand, was a bad man (I prefer to say "complex", but that's another post). She learned that he killed her father and was associated with pirates. She had seen him be ruthless and heartless. She could never love a man like that and she was forthright and clear with him that he would never hold a place in her heart. Bad on Yeom Moon for not being able to accept that.

However, like Selva said, I was so taken with the character. Every time SIG came on screen as YM, I would sit up a little, pay more attention: he was electric. I've gone back and looked at some of his scenes again, and am still amazed at the subtlety of emotion that would play across his face. I personally think this role was SIG's shining moment, though fans of Jumong would probably not like me for that.

Yeom Moon loved Jung Hwa completely - probably not altogether healthy, but if she needed to be saved he was there. When bandits were about to kidnap her, he saved the day, he told his little slave toadie (Oyi - I can't think of the character name now) to keep her safe if anything happened to him. He saved Jang Bogo more than once simply because she pleaded with him. His sworn enemy, who he wanted dead more than anything - he saved because it made her happy.

He eventually sacrificed himself so she could get away and save Jang Bogo's baby, redeeming himself. . Now I don't know about you guys, but I am very attracted to bad boys that exude charm, power, sex appeal, rush in to save me when I'm in peril, save me after I've attempted suicide, teach me business ropes, mentor me, and love me totally. But NOT Jung Hwa. Noooooooo. :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: She has to be all "I'll never love you because you are a monster". Had she thrown him the smallest bone of friendship or affection - he would have accepted it and have been happy. And all I wanted in that series was for Yeom Moon to be happy.

So, the cow broke his heart. Broke it and stomped on it and I can't stand her for it.

I realize this is not rational. Calling someone a cow in English is pretty much just saying that they are fat. And since Jung Hwa isn't fat, I thought it was a pretty harmless curse word to use. It's not like she really is a cow! :D

I really don't want to call her any bad names - a cow is sort of big and slow and stupid (I grew up on a dairy farm, so I know) and it was as mean as I wanted to get. Except now dramaok says that calling someone a cow in Korea is a compliment. :huh: Pigs are smelly, and dirty and make nasty noises (we had pigs on the farm too, so I know). I don't want to call her that. We can stick with cow. Maybe when I see a character I don't like in the future, I'll call her a Jung Hwa. :w00t:

Omo... it's been 2 years since my last post in this thread ^^ never thought that I will be back again ^^

It's always makes me mad when it's talking about Jung Hwa agashi >_< because of this character, makes me hate the actress :P (please don't hate me for this) because every time I saw her plays in K-drama, she always playing hard to get and turn off the guy she love in some reason >_< Oh my... she always get my nerves :angry: I know it's sound irrational :P sorry for that +_+

Guest erica1064

Omo... it's been 2 years since my last post in this thread ^^ never thought that I will be back again ^^

It's always makes me mad when it's talking about Jung Hwa agashi >_< because of this character, makes me hate the actress :P (please don't hate me for this) because every time I saw her plays in K-drama, she always playing hard to get and turn off the guy she love in some reason >_< Oh my... she always get my nerves :angry: I know it's sound irrational :P sorry for that +_+

LOLOL korean_aein - yeah, isn't that funny how that character affected us so much? That and Yeom Moon. I haven't seen Soo Ae in anything else since, but think I should try. Haaa. But I am glad to see that others feel the same way I do - I don't feel so alone now. LOLOL.

Guest selvaspeedy

awww just finished rewatching ep.33 of KOTW now and I had to do this comparison again:

Yeon on her knees bleeding Dojin to let Hodong go to KGR and in return she will stay by his side (does that ring any bells :P ). omo Yeum Moon's character has to be the best villain ever. He had a good heart after all. When the cow Jung-Hwa told him she will agree to be his woman if he saved JangBogo :tears: omo omo poor guy. He told her: Do you think I want your body when you have no place for me in your heart :tears:

He went outside his tent and cried :tears: boy he loved her so much that he didn't wanna cause her any pain, unlike our Mr.Dojin cannon in here who snaps at yeon all the time :crazy:

lol that was just some of my rambling :blush:

I keep thinking why did Yeum Moon love Jung-Hwa? from the 1st time he saw her on the market he was mesmerized by her. Maybe he was drawn to her graciousness? it must have been strange for him (and he's the boy who was raised by pirates and killed hundreds of innocent lives) to see that graciousness. And also another thing he did that day: when he threw a dagger at the boy who stole him at the market and he knew JungHwa was there. He didn't have to kill that boy, he could have easily followed him and took his stuff back, so why did he kill him? was he trying to grab her attention by his skills :blink:

BTW I can't recall when exactly Yeum Moon and JangBogo's animosity started? was it when JangBogo found out that Yeum Moon is a pirate?

Guest erica1064

awww just finished rewatching ep.33 of KOTW now and I had to do this comparison again:

Yeon on her knees bleeding Dojin to let Hodong go to KGR and in return she will stay by his side (does that ring any bells :P ). omo Yeum Moon's character has to be the best villain ever. He had a good heart after all. When the cow Jung-Hwa told him she will agree to be his woman if he saved JangBogo :tears: omo omo poor guy. He told her: Do you think I want your body when you have no place for me in your heart :tears:

He went outside his tent and cried :tears: boy he loved her so much that he didn't wanna cause her any pain, unlike our Mr.Dojin cannon in here who snaps at yeon all the time :crazy:

lol that was just some of my rambling :blush:

I keep thinking why did Yeum Moon love Jung-Hwa? from the 1st time he saw her on the market he was mesmerized by her. Maybe he was drawn to her graciousness? it must have been strange for him (and he's the boy who was raised by pirates and killed hundreds of innocent lives) to see that graciousness. And also another thing he did that day: when he threw a dagger at the boy who stole him at the market and he knew JungHwa was there. He didn't have to kill that boy, he could have easily followed him and took his stuff back, so why did he kill him? was he trying to grab her attention by his skills :blink:

BTW I can't recall when exactly Yeum Moon and JangBogo's animosity started? was it when JangBogo found out that Yeum Moon is a pirate?

Funny how we are seeing these parallels in the Dojin and Yeom Moon characters. Maybe its not too surprising, since aren't some of the writers from EotS? I had also drawn parallels between Young Min and Yeom Moon while watching Tazza. Which I won't discuss here.

I thought there was a sweet bit of dialogue (and it's been over a year since I've seen the series) that Yeom Moon saw Jung Hwa and she reminded him of his mother (which could be a little creepy I suppose when you think about it). But yes, I think that the reminder of his mother's beauty and grace and kindness is what drew him to JH.

I suppose if I step out of myself a little, I could think that it was simply because the three were meant to meet and have that twisted fate that they had. YM kept saving the @sses of JB and JH over the years time after time, but then in the end...spoiler...he felt had to kill JB for all those very complicated reasons he had. But if YM hadnt' saved JH, she wouldn't have been able to save JB's son, since that hot Sayong governor wanted to eradicate the earth of all little Bogos. So, if their lives hadn't intertwined, it wouldn't have ended up the way it did.

Yeom Moon and Jang Bogo - you remember were "friends" of a sort when the were younger. JB wanted to learn to fight like YM, YM was touched because no one had ever looked up to him like that and wanted to be his friend. That pointed out to me how lonely YM was that he remembered that small friendship from childhood and remained loyal to it even through some of his angst over the cow. It also showed me how loyalty drove him. Remember, YM saved JB every time something bad happened to him ~ until he started to feel violent animosity because of JH's feeling toward JB.

He was a good guy in his heart.

YM was part of the pirate troop, however, that had some responsibility for killing JB's father and once JB put all those puzzle pieces together, he blamed YM for his parents cruel deaths. Unfair I thought, really - YM was a kid and a victim of his circumstances as much as JB was - at that time. YM had lots of opportunities to be good after that, but because of his love and need for Master Lee's approval, continued to choose the dark side.

Least that's the way I see it.

hi cecil,nice to see you in the track

the reason might be your so obssesed to YM hehehehe..me too but not the actress i love the tone of her voice..

good to see KOTWers visit this thread....

erica,this time your be nicer to JH bcoz dramaok ir right behind you...

It's always nice to read your point of view erica ^^

He was a good guy in his heart.

Yes, he was... that's why I really love him more than JB :P poor YM because he have a bad fate with JH & JB, he just a lonely man who needs to be love & friend....

kish yes, maybe that is the reason :lol: because I'm to obsessed with YM :)

Guest erica1064

erica,this time your be nicer to JH bcoz dramaok ir right behind you...

You are right...and she scares me...I bet she has big eyebrows.

And agreed, Soo Ae has a very sexy voice.

Guest 1.21Gigawatts

God... I'm reading all these posts on Yeum Moon's fate... I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle the angst that Yeum Moon's gonna bring me i.e. with his unrequited love. They did a great job in casting Yeum Moon's part. Song Il Kook & the PD for this series have successfully made a bad character very much compelling, drawing us into his story and empathise him. First time I've ever rooted for the bad guy in series or movies.

I have to say, there's a miscast concerning Gong Book's character. The man looks too old for Jung Hwa. He looks like her dad! I'm sure there are other good actors too that can play that part.

Now all i need to find is the drama Hard Love/Conditions of Love, the series he won 'Best New Actor'.

This show had such a profound impact on me - I seriously had to detox anger out of me after I finished the show. It was so depressing!

For anyone looking to download this show in high quality (not the ones on SR.com), I found this torrent site that is carrying the entire show in high quality - it's on AsianDvdClub.org

Guest 1.21Gigawatts

This show had such a profound impact on me - I seriously had to detox anger out of me after I finished the show. It was so depressing!

For anyone looking to download this show in high quality (not the ones on SR.com), I found this torrent site that is carrying the entire show in high quality - it's on AsianDvdClub.org

Thanks for that website! I'm watching the ones from SR right now. Thought at first I should watch several episodes to decide whether I want to watch the rest with better quality. One'f the main aspects of a successful series/movie is good casting especially on the lead character. I'm just annoyed by most of the characters (the good guys mainly) in this series especially when I can't stand looking at Gong Book who..urgh! (CSJ's just too old for this...!) that I'm just gonna stick with SR.

(major thanks to SR!)

At ep 20 now, I'm now only watching this show because of Song Il Kook. The production is very good , it's just.. ya know.. I just don't like the cast for the main lead.

Guest selvaspeedy

I thought there was a sweet bit of dialogue (and it's been over a year since I've seen the series) that Yeom Moon saw Jung Hwa and she reminded him of his mother (which could be a little creepy I suppose when you think about it). But yes, I think that the reminder of his mother's beauty and grace and kindness is what drew him to JH.

ah now I remember (thanks to my volatile memory :crazy: ).

Yeom Moon and Jang Bogo - you remember were "friends" of a sort when the were younger. JB wanted to learn to fight like YM, YM was touched because no one had ever looked up to him like that and wanted to be his friend. That pointed out to me how lonely YM was that he remembered that small friendship from childhood and remained loyal to it even through some of his angst over the cow. It also showed me how loyalty drove him. Remember, YM saved JB every time something bad happened to him ~ until he started to feel violent animosity because of JH's feeling toward JB.

OMG yes. I felt sometimes that JB had no heart. When YM told him that he was the only friend he had for all of his life, JB was so cold to him. I understand JB's motives to hate YM but I can't help it but feel sorry for YM :tears:

YM had lots of opportunities to be good after that, but because of his love and need for Master Lee's approval, continued to choose the dark side.

when I think about it, if fate wasn't so cruel, JB wasn't so stupid and JH wasn't so stubborn <_< nothing bad would have happened. When they caught YM and JB ordered to brand him. OK WHAT!!!! did JB think that YM will ever forget this :blink: he should have known that YM will always hate him for that. and after almost 2 years living as a slave, JB so foolishly tells YM: I regret branding you <_< yeah, that regret solves everything :tongue2:

and also if that cow agreed to marry YM (even if she doesn't love him) he would have changed for her. I'm sure he would have waited before he consummate their marriage until he feels that she wants him and accepts him too :tears: I'm sure the cow would have fallen in love w/ him if she truly saw what a wondeful man he is :tears: he just needed some guidance and love, but he didn't find them. And losing Master Lee was like losing everything he ever had :(

At ep 20 now, I'm now only watching this show because of Song Il Kook. The production is very good , it's just.. ya know.. I just don't like the cast for the main lead.

lol me too. At some point, I was watching just to see what's gonna happen to my Yeum Moon :blush:

CSJ does look old in here :blink: weird because he looks much younger in Dae Jo Young. He's a great actor, but I didn't really like his role here in EOTS. I hated his stubborn head in the end to continue the war (although he knows hundreds of people will die). He could have stopped the war and lay low for awhile then strike back. But he had to be so stupid and because of his stupidity every body (including him) died :tears:

Guest erica1064

OMG yes. I felt sometimes that JB had no heart. When YM told him that he was the only friend he had for all of his life, JB was so cold to him. I understand JB's motives to hate YM but I can't help it but feel sorry for YM :tears:

lol me too. At some point, I was watching just to see what's gonna happen to my Yeum Moon :blush:

CSJ does look old in here :blink: weird because he looks much younger in Dae Jo Young. He's a great actor, but I didn't really like his role here in EOTS. I hated his stubborn head in the end to continue the war (although he knows hundreds of people will die). He could have stopped the war and lay low for awhile then strike back. But he had to be so stupid and because of his stupidity every body (including him) died :tears:

nnai/selva - Like you both, Yeom Moon was seriously the only reason I came back to this series day after day. No knock to CSJ - really - but I couldn't have cared less about the character of Goon Book/Jang Bogo. CSJ really is a fine actor, but YM captivated me.

I think that must be why I'm still so bitter toward JH. I totally thought that YM would redeem himself and be good if that cow had given him some opportunity. Because I wanted him to be good. He was brilliant in everything that he did, and was a good right hand man for JB. And he wanted to be loyal to JB.

I also thought JB was stupid by standing on his moral high ground and allowing everyone to be killed. Part of me thought it was a cultural thing I didn't get, part of me thought - well, OK, he's consistent to the end and won't compromise himself or his people, and the other part of me thought - "you're a big jerk."

misssmartypants08 - this series had a profound impact on me too. I knew what was coming because I made sure I read all the spoilers - I didn't want to be taken by surprise. But in the end, this show got me to watch other k-drama, got me to love the genre and I've made friends with people all over the world that I wouldn't have ever gotten to know. That's what kept it special for me.

Archived