[drama 2004] Emperor Of The Sea/ Hae Shin 해신

InSong

Guest pssrby2005

So, there is an Emperor of the Sea thread here. I bought mine with English subs off ebay. Yesasia in Asia sells them with Chinese subs but Yesasia in N. America doesn't carry it anymore.

Looks like there are more SIG fans here as usual. I personally like Choi Soo Jong's role as Jang Bogo. I've finished this 3 months ago and every time I listen to the OST, it's Jang Bogo's sadness and hardship that I see and feel to this day. CSJ's role in Dae Jo Young is not even as rich as this one here. They really stretched his emotions in this drama.

Since I'm CSJ fan, I'm actually a bit ticked off that they gave more and more screentime on SIG's YM role in the end. The end of Jang Bogo was not eventful enough. And Jung Hwa is frustrating for CSJ fan like me too. You think SIG fans have it bad, can you imagine that Jang Bogo and Jung Hwa had been in love all this time and yet they never got together. So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said all this, I think SIG did a good job in this drama. His range was greater in this series than in Jumong and this is a better story than Jumong. But if there are Choi Soo Jong fans here, don't miss Dae Jo Young. It surpasses Jumong, Damo, Emperor of the Sea, Ballad of Seo Dong in terms of plot twists. History buffs would enjoy every single episode of the 136 chapters.

Anyway, I like Master Yi and Madam Jami too. But in terms of manliness, I think Choi Soo Jong is indisputable in this drama.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest meyyale

This is the best Korean drama I've ever watched..This is first K-drama I watched..After that I'm in love everything about Korea!!!In this drama my favourite couple is JANG BO GO and JANG HWA!!!However I love Yeum Moon some times...

I love all the cast of course except Chundura,Daichi and other bad guys!!!!!

Especially I love CHOİ SOO JONG and SONG IL GOOK!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my old works about EOTS!!!I hope all of you enjoy ...

hepsicz4.jpg

jbgjhwvx2.jpg

umutsuzzd9.jpg

hediyedv8.png

mfettlce0.jpg

gunbodieis2.jpg

couplexx2.jpg

jbhgzk0.jpg

triows4.jpg

yyjhxk0.jpg

jhjboo4.jpg

yjhjhe2.jpg

And here is my videos about EOTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65aWhzRCf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmsGfEJIKO4

Guest erica1064

The end was such a bummer. not only was jang bogo disappointing in not backing down, but the slaughter...seriously, how many people can you kill in one episode? No one but the cow survived. I guess that's what you call irony. Or just the writers screwing with our heads and emotions; having to watch YM die like that, seeing the woman he loved sail away - damn, I almost cried. And as so many people have mentioned, the branding scene was so intense. some of the best acting in the series. Madam Jami played very well too - I hated her, but she was a really interesting character.

Am I the only one who felt sorry for the prostitute that loved him?

No, martinak, I felt sorry for her too. I figured there was so much going on in the series that they just didn't have time to develop that character. She was sort of the female YM; desperately and quietly loving someone who barely acknowledged her. Scene where YM wins her rocked!

I've never liked a bad guy so much *sigh* so many scenes where you seriously wanted to comfort the poor guy. The thing is though, him and jang bogo were never really enemies; I mean, they never actually hated each other. Look how many times they spared or saved each other's lives?

I think Jang Bogo, at some point in the middle of the show really did hate YM. He blamed him for the death of his parents and his eventual selling into slavery, the deaths of his soldiers, etc. But Jang Bogo was a fair person and once YM paid his debt, he recognized his intelligence and skills and wanted to give him a chance to grow the way he had been given a chance. YM admitted that Jang Bogo was his only friend - a scene that I thought was incredibly sad.

YM death scene - his death was inevitable, having killed Jang Bogo, been betrayed by the governor, and still being rejected by the cow, he finally accepted his fate and looked forward to the end of his personal torment that death would bring. I think he was actually at peace with the fact that he was going to die and he knows in the end that he saved JB's baby that the cow was clinging to.

In that last effort of his, I think he redeemed himself for all the ruthless brutal killing he had done. His last efforts were spent saving JB's line and the woman he loved above all things.

LOL pssrby2005, early on in the drama I felt really achy for JB and Jung Hwa. I thought, "just PICK one and go with it". But when she was involved with JB, his luck was bad so she made the right decision staying away. I can imagine how tough that was for JB/JH shippers!

I loved the character of JB - he was noble, fair, intelligent and driven from purity of motive. I did not agree with his decision to risk the lives of the community that counted on him for protection, but I understood his reasons - that he would rather die than compromise himself.

One of the most moving scenes of the series for me (besides the branding scene that was just filled with pain and tension) was the scene where JB's best friend and the master from the horse camp (I've forgotten the character names) say good bye on the beach. They know that they are going to die and they acknowledge it in their own way. I cried and cried, the love and the friendship expressed on their faces as they shared a drink. :(

Meyyale - as always - AWESOME collages!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest meyyale

Meyyale - as always - AWESOME collages!!!

Thanks Erica....

As I said I begun to love everything about Korea in this drama.I love every single scene.Of course the most I love JBG&JHW,YM&JHW and JBG&YM.I really hated Madam Jami,Master Yi,Chundura,Daichi,Kim Jang but especially I appreciate her performance.

A few days ago I watched the drama with internet and I cried again e.g.when Junghwa said YM that she always love JBG, when JBG said YM to rescue JHW and YM saved JHW in Madam Jami's jail.

I love all of them and I know it's impossible but desperately want to meet them.

• 3 months later...
Guest slypatt

Having crazy over jumong last year i decided to watch this drama this year.. OMG.., song il gook is so soo sooo SWEEEETTT here!!

OMG, did song il gook really die in the end? i'm only in episode 13 now.., i would be so happy if choi soo jung ends up with chae ryung and song il gook with jung hwa, too bad that was just so impossible!

also.., i dont really like choi soo jung here... how could he not know that the one who always saved him is song il gook?? from the teenage time when he decided not to kill choi soo jung and let him run away to when he tried to save him from the chinese jail in the desert, after that when jung hwa's bro tried to kill him song il gook even saved him from the paid killers and even searched for the best doctor to cure him.. how could he do that to my kind song il gook?? :(

Guest slypatt

btw does anyone know who sings the soundtrack for this drama?? the ballad song at the end of each episodes?? and what's the title of the song??

Guest erica1064

Having crazy over jumong last year i decided to watch this drama this year.. OMG.., song il gook is so soo sooo SWEEEETTT here!!

OMG, did song il gook really die in the end? i'm only in episode 13 now.., i would be so happy if choi soo jung ends up with chae ryung and song il gook with jung hwa, too bad that was just so impossible!

also.., i dont really like choi soo jung here... how could he not know that the one who always saved him is song il gook?? from the teenage time when he decided not to kill choi soo jung and let him run away to when he tried to save him from the chinese jail in the desert, after that when jung hwa's bro tried to kill him song il gook even saved him from the paid killers and even searched for the best doctor to cure him.. how could he do that to my kind song il gook?? :(

Hey slypatt!

You have quite a ways to go yet if you are just on episode 13. I hate to spoil you too much. The relationship between Jang Bogo and Yeom Moon really is full of angst and heartbreak. Yeom Moon is such a complex character and SIG does him so well that I had much more compassion for that character than I did for Jang BoGo (oh, I don't think his name is Jang BoGo yet - Choi Soo Jung's character - he will be eventually).

But Yeom Moon really is not a kind character in this drama. Yeom Moon does some horrible things. He is ruthless and driven to get the love and acceptance of the only father he's ever known - Master Lee.

But Jang BoGo - he just didn't know (at this point) that Yeom Moon was always the one who saved him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest tONE9

hiii new to the forum EOTS was great! Just wondering does anyone know or have the piano song that was play when yon and hajin are together?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest meyyale

You must search internet that you'll really find soundtrack and lyrics'...

I miss this wonderful drama and I think all of them were so successful...

by psssrby 2005

Having said all this, I think SIG did a good job in this drama. His range was greater in this series than in Jumong and this is a better story than Jumong. But if there are Choi Soo Jong fans here, don't miss Dae Jo Young. It surpasses Jumong, Damo, Emperor of the Sea, Ballad of Seo Dong in terms of plot twists. History buffs would enjoy every single episode of the 136 chapters.

both are good actors but i cAN'T compare SIG acting to CSJ and i could not imagine any actors to play as yeonmoon/yumjang..DAE JO YOUNG definitely a nice drama thats why its a long series but im tired watching a long series such 100plus episodes,they keep on twisted of each character of the drama to make it long..sometimes it's boring...if you find it surpassed jumong or EOTS other drama wowwww.interesting im excited to watch this so i can compare the drama aforementioned but for me SIG is always a delightful to see in any kind of drama, and he's good in martial arts coz he has a long legs and he carry the robe well perfectly a King type actor...

by erica

One of the most moving scenes of the series for me (besides the branding scene that was just filled with pain and tension) was the scene where JB's best friend and the master from the horse camp (I've forgotten the character names) say good bye on the beach. They know that they are going to die and they acknowledge it in their own way. I cried and cried, the love and the friendship expressed on their faces as they shared a drink.

i've wacth this drama 4x a year now but that scene still fresh for me....very painful.

Guest meyyale

I never compare SIG acting to CSJ ...

They are so so so successful which role they play...

And CSJ is the most experienced than SIG...Anyway SIG is so talented actor..

I love both of them so so much because EOTS was the first K-drama I've watched..

Every time I support both of them..

When Lady Jung hwa talks Madam Jami..

16014js6.jpg

When she watches her love(JBG)'s going..

16129mk7.jpg

16130ks6.jpg

source:dotori@songgall

I never compare SIG acting to CSJ ...

They are so so so successful which role they play...

CSJ is the most experienced than SIG...Anyway SIG is so talented actor..

sorry to say the comparison meyyale... :lol::lol::rolleyes:

agree with you he's good and more experience no argue about it (sometimes new actors better from old) both are good but for me SIG is very delightful on the screen especially flying kicks move aside from good acting i am just a type of viewers very particular actors screen appeal specially if action either he play good or bad... maybe the drama focus on yeomoon emotion that captivate and change my heart to yeonmoon ...im just being objective about the drama

DAE jo young------im looking forward this but not yet available in our place...

after all it's drama isn't it......you prefer JB - junghwa and me to yeomjamg-junghwa(it shows not all people same as mine) although we both crazy over SIG hahaha..

• 5 months later...

KBS World (Asia) Viewers

WEF 6 Dec 2008,

please note the timeslot for

EMPEROR OF THE SEA

(English-subbed)

Saturday approx 3:30am (KST) two eps back-to-back

Saturday approx 9:40pm (KST) one ep

Sunday approx 11:10am (KST) two eps back-to-back

Sunday approx 9:40pm (KST) one ep

Disclaimer Note : Please note that the above schedule is as indicated on KBS World website, at time of posting.

Currently, I am not sure if the same 2 episodes are going to be shown 3 times per weekend yet.

Will update further, once I have more information.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest veritati

The series, eng subbed, is on silentregrets.com

SR.com is MQ. HQ files are only on Clubbox it seems. 720P would be awesome. Anyone knows where to get HQ files besides CB, say Megaupload links?

Archived