[drama 2004] Emperor Of The Sea/ Hae Shin 해신

InSong

Guest jingjuna

^ i saw it a long long time ago but from what i remember it only came out on the very very sad/romantic scenes which wasn't many

personally i love the song also (another famous song by kim bum soo)

its funny that i was listening to it just a couple of minutes ago and then decided to come to this thread^^

o yeah i was thinking about watching it over cuz i barely remember anything >.<

does anybody know where i can download the episodes??

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me at which point of the drama does the song "You Left Me" appear (think it is the theme song..the sad ballad)? I totally love the song and am contemplating buying the drama just because of the song. I don't really like the lead actor so the only reason I would watch this is cause of the song :) Does the song appear often in the show? thanx

you hear the song, or at least parts of it, fairly often throughout the series, because it's one of the main themes. Maybe you'd rather just download the song instead of buying the whole drama just for that reason?

you can find the OST here~

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2111&st=60

Guest winterpolaris2005

you hear the song, or at least parts of it, fairly often throughout the series, because it's one of the main themes. Maybe you'd rather just download the song instead of buying the whole drama just for that reason?

you can find the OST here~

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2111&st=60

thanks kkirmn and Mythnoona!!

I heard this is a good drama but I find it too long. Not sure I have the energy to follow it through after Dae Jang Geum :) But I really love the song and if the drama is good enough, I might just buy it or find some ways to download it. I find it a bit odd the song is the OST to a period drama though cause it sounds very modern, unlike Dae Jang Geum OST, which is traditional and suits the time period. I thought it would just appear at the end of each episodes when they show the credits.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To all Pinoys outhere,

Emperor of the Sea will be shown here starting on September 25 at QTV11

I'll watch this drama, just that it will be shown in GMA7

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest junkiluv

does anyone know where i can watch the whole drama like on clubbox or something and it's asf instead of avi? thanks megaupload, fileshare and sendspace are cool too. thanks.

i really love this drama

song il gook and soo ae are the best couple in there lol

• 2 weeks later...

Rice Baby, you can purchase EOTS parts 2 and 3 at Yes Asia or else you can visit Gok's vcd/dvd store and purchase the complete set. The web address is: www.goksdvd.com and go into the Korean section.

I loved EOTS. It's one of all time favourite K dramas.

• 5 weeks later...

does anyone know where i can watch the whole drama like on clubbox or something and it's asf instead of avi? thanks megaupload, fileshare and sendspace are cool too. thanks.

i really love this drama

song il gook and soo ae are the best couple in there lol

yeah anybody have links other than clubbox, i feel like watching this whole series again

Guest erica1064

yeah anybody have links other than clubbox, i feel like watching this whole series again

I just finished this drama as well and thought it was excellent. I started watching from episode 4 and have been absolutely hooked until I got the DVDs for Christmas and was able to finish. I was impressed with the writing, the acting, all of it. Song Il Guk is a phenomenal actor.

Can anyone tell me where I can find NGs for EotS?

Guest rice_baby

did anyone notice that at the end gong bok's adopted daughter just went MIA?

i mean she is immediate family, she should atleast have a death scene or mention.

anyways, finally watched the ending. sad.

Guest erica1064

did anyone notice that at the end gong bok's adopted daughter just went MIA?

I thought about that last night too! She wasn't with her mother when they were trying to escape. Must have been an oversight on the production team.

• 3 weeks later...

About MIA - what about the gladiator-trainer friend who was to go to China to get supplies? Did he breach the blockage and get safely to China?

Overall, an excellent series, one of those that you won't forget easily. Love the cast, OST, cinematography - everything!! that's why it is excellent. But one thing vexes me is: Why was Jung Hwa continually refusing Jang BoGo's love even after he became very successful and needed a wife and she still loved him? I can't accept or understand this "bad fate" thing she is trying to avoid. Anyone has other ideas?

Guest erica1064

About MIA - what about the gladiator-trainer friend who was to go to China to get supplies? Did he breach the blockage and get safely to China?

Overall, an excellent series, one of those that you won't forget easily. Love the cast, OST, cinematography - everything!! that's why it is excellent. But one thing vexes me is: Why was Jung Hwa continually refusing Jang BoGo's love even after he became very successful and needed a wife and she still loved him? I can't accept or understand this "bad fate" thing she is trying to avoid. Anyone has other ideas?

I really think that Jung Hwa was convinced that her involvement with either Jang BoGo or Yeom Jang caused bad luck to happen to them all. That would seem to have played itself out - since after she got sold into prostitution, life seemed to have improved for Jang BoGo. After all, he was her true love - she wanted above all things for him to succeed. Which is why she remained aloof and rejected Jang BoGo even after he became successful. In her mind, had she gotten involved again, it would have dragged him back down. Their karma was not good.

I was more bothered by her persistent rejection of Yeom Jang. I think that had she thrown him one little bone, he would have gotten the peace that had eluded him his whole life. I think he died a heroic death, having saved Jung Hwa and Jang BoGo's son and so he was redeemed by that. But all he wanted was a small measure of affection from Jung Hwa and she couldn't even give him that. After he repeatedly came to her rescue, saved her life, taught her to be a merchant, she repeatedly rejects him.

Then again, he had to kill Jang Bogo to follow history, so I guess the writers needed to maintain that internal conflict.

• 1 month later...
Guest conduongmuathu

my dad was completely obsessed with this drama.

how were the ratings for this?

about 30% (TNS)

Archived