[drama 2004] Emperor Of The Sea/ Hae Shin 해신

InSong

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Choi Ji Woo

This period drama will finally be aired here in our country, the Philippines, this coming April 2006 on GMA 7, the best provider of quality and smash hit K-dramas here..I think it will replace My Name Is Kim Sam Soon's timeslot, before Jewel In The Palace's airing time..I've seen the teaser and I think it's a very interesting one..

Though I'm not familiar with some of the actors & actresses for they're not popular here in our country, I know Soo Ae from Love Letter..the teaser said that this drama is ANOTHER JEWEL from Korea..gonna watch..

Guest xx-outsider-xx

i've finished up to episode 4 right now. OMG, this series is awesome so far. but the main lead's transition from young to adult is a little funny. hehe. how come he got shorter as he grows? lol.

anyways, i'm a sucker for period dramas and i think this one gonna beat damo as my top period drama yet.

song il kook was very charismatic [just finish his movie arts of seduction yesterday ^^]. my feeling's kinda heavy right now coz i read somewhere that his character's gonna get really evil.

*EDIT*

I can't believe i actually cried out loud when Jung Hwa finally spoke to Moon for the first time. FINALLY~ haha.

Guest xx-outsider-xx

I think so, hhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Which episodes is this???

dun remember. erm, maybe episode 4, during the early days when jung hwa first sent to Madam Jami... when all the girls were being checked by madam jami. seulgi was one of the girls. but that was her only appearance haha.

i'm wondering if there's any clubbox that has episode 22 onwards or is episode 21 the latest available?

• 2 weeks later...

this drama had everything that every korean dramas should have... except... the ending totally ruined it -_-

WHAT WERE THE WRITER AND THE PRODUCER THINKING?!

this drama had everything that every korean dramas should have... except... the ending totally ruined it -_-

It is supposed to be based on a real historical person, the Sea God character. In general, the ending is really what happened to him.

i've finished up to episode 4 right now. OMG, this series is awesome so far. but the main lead's transition from young to adult is a little funny. hehe. how come he got shorter as he grows? lol.

I can't believe i actually cried out loud when Jung Hwa finally spoke to Moon for the first time. FINALLY~ haha.

your gif is very distracting. :blush: :P

(and I cried a lot. >< )

The actor that they had originally been asked to play Song Il Kook's part was Han Jae Suk--I don't know if they'd actually started filming his scenes (I've seen pics of him in costume, though)---but because he tried getting out of military service-- he had to go in right away--same time as Jang Hyuk and Song Seung Hun...the actor who played him as a boy was meant to be a match for him. He ended up doing well with Il Kook (who they were so lucky to be able to get to take over ^^), too. I'll see if I can find some pics of him in costume.

I hated the end too, except that *someone* finally got what they deserved--but I never read the original story (what really happened with the people), so I don't know how much the writers based on fact--and how much they added.

edit: found some:

00514292_2.jpg

(credit-livedio.com)

040810_26_03.jpg

Han Jae Suk, and the actor who played Jung Hwa's brother-Jung Sung Hwan~

(credit: stoo.com)

His thread in the old soompi forum had a lot--but I can't seem to find any more than this-

Guest xx-outsider-xx

i guess song il kook turned out to be just as good, if not better than the original cast. but personally i thought he played his role very well. you can't help but pour some symphathy(and maybe a little love along the way ;p) for his character. I especially like his eyes, very expressive. you can see the emotions.

Guest phuongle21

I've just finished watching this serie on AZN. Really hated the guy who played Yang Kim b/c he can't act and is ugly too. By the way, what happened to Lady Jami, I missed the episode after she lost the battle. The guy who played Lady Jami's commander and the guy, Baik yiung, Yeom yang's loyal warrior, imo are very good looking. Does anyone know the name of the actor who played Baik Yiung? Thanks.

I've just finished watching this serie on AZN. Really hated the guy who played Yang Kim b/c he can't act and is ugly too. By the way, what happened to Lady Jami, I missed the episode after she lost the battle. The guy who played Lady Jami's commander and the guy, Baik yiung, Yeom yang's loyal warrior, imo are very good looking. Does anyone know the name of the actor who played Baik Yiung? Thanks.

The actor who played Yeom Jang's warrior Baek Young is 여호민-Yeo Ho Min. Bae Soo Bin (Yang Kim) Played a really bad character in this. BSB looks a little different when he smiles.

one pic of Yeo Ho Min--he's not that easy to find (He had a part in Shiri--even though I don't remember him--and he was really good in Haeshin--he's done a couple of other things--so maybe there will be more of him). ><

b0057783_2103199.jpg

(cred on pic)

If you're interested , you can look around Park Jung Hak's website (parkjunghak.net)--he's the actor who played Lady Jami's commander...he was also in Dae Mang, Rosemary, Yainsidae (which was supposedly based on Kim Du Han's life-he's SIK's grandfather), and Musa.

and yes, Song Il Kook was perfect as Yeom Jang. Now I can't imagine anyone else ever playing that part. (But I think just about everything about Haeshin was perfect, especially the cast- Choi Su Jong and SIL in the same drama? :P) And no--you couldn't totally hate his character. :blush: Il Kook's played a lot of villain types--but other than his character in Bodyguard--I like Yeom Jang anyway. There were bits of him that were still good.

Guest phuongle21

Thanks mythnoon A for the info. This series was so good, but the ending was really bad. I agreed Yeom yang's character was well casted. I think the Commander liked Lady Jami right? Do you remember what happened to her, did she commit suicide/was killed by Bo go? Thanks

Guest xx-outsider-xx

at first, my heart really went out to SIK's character (Yeom Jang), but now that I've watched more and more episodes, I think I'm beginning to hate him for what he did. And Jang Bogo himself said that no matter how he tried to justify Yeom Jang's action (because they serve different masters), Yeom Jang should have severed his ties with his master long time ago if he wholeheartedly wanted to follow the right path. and I think he's right, coz no matter how grateful yeom jang was towards his master for saving him when he was a mere infant, there's a limit to how far you can obey someone, especially when it's the wrong path. It's very regretful that he had chosen to live his life like that.

I haven't finished the series yet (at episode 38 now) so I don't know what he's gonna do next. DON'T GIVE ME ANY SPOILERS hahaha. I just wanted to let out my frustration towards this very character. Watching him, I kept thinking that I don't want to hate him, but find myself harder and harder to like him now. It is VERY regrettable. My sympathy has its limit.

anyways, SONG IL KOOK rocks my socks! He's awesome~

Guest superstar`kiss

omG! i cried and cried and cried after seeing the ending. & i CANNOT get over it..did they ALL have to go..?? sorry, spoiler alert. But other than that, i love their fighting cordination, it was great to watch. But after watching all of it, i'm like--i watched that to see this??!!! :crazy: it was an awesome directing though.. :D

Archived