1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Wow. So he is resting.:lol:

I'm not familiar with this show but it semms to have intresting concept. 

I find Kim Jong Kook's mom cute and innocent. I've never seen JH interacting with elderly women so I'm looking forward to it. Do you know how many episodes long his apperance will be?:)

Yeah. I like Kim Jong Kook and his mom's relationship. But this may be the #1 reason why he is still not married lol. So excited on Hyukie's output regarding this. Hahaha. I hope this variety show is subbed in english though.

• LOL 1

45 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I don't even know how she looks like lol. Like I've said, I only watch Jh variety show - those that he appeared in and drama. The rest, I'm quite lost. He recently did say that he would like to appear in more variety to show his other side :wink: 

Little did he know that, his appearance in Dragon club, already showed everything hahaha!

I've watched tons of Hyukie variety shows thanks to you guys. :) 

But I agree, Dragon Club really showed everything. The most dorky side of him. Cute dorky.  I'm still watching his Family Outing episodes again and again. . There are a lot of parts I really like with his guesting here. So funny. I still crack up every time I watch it. :lol:

• LOL 2

51 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I don't even know how she looks like lol.

He recently did say that he would like to appear in more variety to show his other side :wink: 

I know it's off topic but here are few samples to understand KJK and his mom's relationship.

Spoiler

I don't know show's format though and I wonder what Hyukie's role is going to be.:rolleyes:

Hyukie said he wants to go to the more variety shows! :blink:

12 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

But this may be the #1 reason why he is still not married lol.

I hope this variety show is subbed in english though.

I think you are right. His mom is too cute to be left alone. 

It should be subbed. As far as I know KJK's all of the shows are subbed.

• Like 1

One more interview. It's similar to previous ones but has an interesting titbit at the end. If the google translation is not planning to make a fool out of me today then it means Hyukie is planning to produce(?) a drama of his favourite genre. 
 Actor Jang Hyuk met the public for more than 20 years. He said he realised that he kept the passion in his chest even though the years had passed through  'money flower'.  In an interview with Herald POP in a café in Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Jang Hyuk recently told his stories about the work along with the impressions of MBC drama 'Money Flower' (play Myung Hee Lee, director Kim Hee-won). 
In this work, Jang Hyuk has played the role of  Kang Pil-ju, who goes to the edge of revenge, and performed with young actor Lee Soon-jae (Chang Kook-hwan) and middle-aged actress Mi-sook (real actress). He played a central role in the play with his sense of being unmoved by his breathing with the grandparents. 

Center of image

Jagn  Hyuk said, "It has been 20 years since I started acting, but it was not easy to keep up until now. However, one co-star worked for 40 years and another one worked for 60 years. And they live with passion for acting in the heat. " 
Lee Soon - jae and  Jang Hyuk, combined their performance with Lee Mi - sook. He also admired their enthusiasm and their passion for acting and confessed that he also realised many things. "Those are the one who have experienced what I've experienced form the books throughout my life. Even though the years have passed they still feel the enthusiasm. And then I was wondering what I could at this age and how I could pass it to my juniors. Anyone can have passion but it's not easy to be keep it alive for over 40 years. " 

Center of image

Through working with his senior actors and by taking  this work, Jang Hyuk once again felt that his inside was full of passion. So, what kind of effort did he make to keep the heat going after 20 years of acting life? "I have been passionate. I do not think there should be a degree of 'I will do that much'. I think that I should go forward even if I do not go to the road to get compliments, but I swear I'll. That way, the next step can follow. I have to live my life with acting in the future, but if I stop here, there will be no next steps. I think there is no unconditional advance. I'll be taking other roles will keep moving forward no matter what. " Jang Hyuk, who debuted in 1997 SBS drama 'model' has come steadily after the work activities have created a large number of hits. As a veteran of his 21st year debut this year, he expressed his desire to produce his own work for the new year. "I do not know what will happen in the future, but I also have the desire to create a work. Many years have passed since I started acting, and I have friends who are making things around, and I have friends who write. Of course I am an actor, but I also have a desire to create my own genre.

Source:http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201802111901299375620_1 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Yeah. I like Kim Jong Kook and his mom's relationship. But this may be the #1 reason why he is still not married lol. So excited on Hyukie's output regarding this. Hahaha. I hope this variety show is subbed in english though.

This show invites unmarried male artistes' mothers to observe their sons in the program. Kim Jong Kook joins as a new cast member this year, and Hyukie will be appearing as a special MC for the first episode which KJK debuts. It is expected that he will spill funny stuffs about KJK since they are good friends

• Like 4

One more similar article.

Why Jang Hyuk Keeps His Family Life Private

photo944221.jpg

Actor Jang Hyuk works really hard. He stars in movies and dramas and he is often seen in TV shows too. His work always carries a stamp with unique own style and color from historical dramas to comedy to entertainment shows.

He starred in "Money Flower" as Kang Pil-joo and he showed a lot of affection for this drama and his character.

Many wondered why Jang Hyuk would star in a weekend drama because weekend dramas tend to be extreme.

"People asked me why I am starring in a weekend drama. Weekend dramas have different costs and pay, too. However, I just wanted to do it. I liked the character a lot. I wanted to do something like this since "Midas". I didn't choose to star in a weekend drama, I chose to star in "Money Flower"".

"Money Flower" foresaw an extreme turn of event in the story as it was based on the secrets and revenge of a chaebol family. However, "Money Flower" turned out to be better laid out than expected and people complimented the drama.

"Many people call our drama a 'well-made extreme drama'. I don't think it's extreme. I think it's based on possibilities. The story is fake, but it relates to many things. Every single character appears again throughout the drama and I can feel just how much attention the writer put into the script".

Jang Hyuk debuted in the 1997 SBS drama "Model" and he's been acting for 21 years now. He says the military was his turning point in life.

"I have to say the military [was a turning point] because I got married, had children, and turned into my 30s. Everything happened between my 20s and 30s. Then again, every point of my life can be a turning point depending on how you think about it. I think that applies to everyone else and not just me".

Jang Hyuk is still called Rapper TJ. He was on stage as a rapper once and that 'past' is still mentioned today. Luckily, he doesn't think of it as an embarrassing past.

photo944222.jpg

"It's not embarrassing if you think about the gap in generation. Many actors starred in music videos between the 90s and the millennium as part of their acting profile. They would make their image through music videos and created diverse possibilities of character. So I decided to make an album. Rapper TJ is still being mentioned and I still talk about it, for 10 years now".

Jang Hyuk has had almost no absence. Why does he work so hard? He says that's how he is.

"Some people just need a break to find their own rhythm. However, I don't think I'm 'working' when I'm acting. I take breaks. People usually work 365 days a year, but they do it. I take one or two months off every now and then and I prepare myself for the next character. I think people my age to expand themselves by starring in many dramas and movies. I want to expand my spectrum, that's why I'm working so hard. Even an athlete who's been to more games does better".

He's been acting for 21 years, but he's never once revealed his family. He has three children and his love for his wife is widely known, but he's never brought them out on TV.

"I am used to being a public figure, but I don't know what my children are going to be in the future. So I want to give them an option. I don't want to open my kids to the public and have their future decided for them. I want them to decide what they want".

photo944223.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

As a veteran of his 21st year debut this year, he expressed his desire to produce his own work for the new year. "I do not know what will happen in the future, but I also have the desire to create a work. Many years have passed since I started acting, and I have friends who are making things around, and I have friends who write. Of course I am an actor, but I also have a desire to create my own genre.

Wow so I think we can look forward to JH as a writer in future! But hopefully he will maintain his high output as an actor hehe.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Wow so I think we can look forward to JH as a writer in future! But hopefully he will maintain his high output as an actor hehe.

I think he is talking about producing while also giving active advice for directing and writing. We don't need to worry about his acting output as he has said several times acting is his true passion. But if his plan materialises I'll be really happy. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

This show invites unmarried male artistes' mothers to observe their sons in the program. Kim Jong Kook joins as a new cast member this year, and Hyukie will be appearing as a special MC for the first episode which KJK debuts. It is expected that he will spill funny stuffs about KJK since they are good friends

But why KJK's mom has to observe him because she lives with him and must know everything about him. 

• Like 1

But why KJK's mom has to observe him because she lives with him and must know everything about him. 

Haha I am also not too sure why they invite the mummies to observe their sons on TV. Perhaps we can watch the earlier episodes to see what this program is about. Apparently it is quite popular as it’s ratings exceeed 20% I heard. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I am also not too sure why they invite the mummies to observe their sons on TV. Perhaps we can watch the earlier episodes to see what this program is about. Apparently it is quite popular as it’s ratings exceeed 20% I heard. 

Yes. It's very popular in SK. It even won best entertainment program at the 53rd baeksang awards. I have not watched a single episode but because Hyukie will be a guest MC, i'll be watching it. Hhahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

The character of Dae-gil in ‘Chuno' has been regarded by many as Jang Hyuk's life character. Despite his many other numerous works after ‘Chuno’, people still think of ‘Chuno’ whenever then name Jang Hyuk was mentioned.

Although many people say that he has renewed his life character via ‘Money Flower’, Jang Hyuk made the difference between what viewers saw and what he felt very clear.

“I am been asked many times if I would like to erase the image of Dae-gil from ‘Chuno’, but actually I think it wil remain with me to the end. Just like Tom Cruise in ‘Top Gun’ and Sylvester Stallone in ‘Rocky’. How viewers perceive as life works and characters may be different from what I think.” 

Among the male actors in their 40s, Jang Hyuk, who is rumored to be a workaholic said, "I am still young.”

"I made my debut in 1996 and I still remember the smell of the air at the moment when I entered SBS for the first time. It felt just like a few days ago. However, 20 years have passed and I became not aware of my age from some point in time. I still think that I am young, and now I can go on for another 30 years or 40 more years to challenge myself. I think that just like an athlete with a lot of experience, an actor needs to be experienced in order to express many things. "

2018021317561183396-540x360.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1425174

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Among the male actors in their 40s, Jang Hyuk, who is rumored to be a workaholic said, "I am still young.”

I still think that I am young, and now I can go on for another 30 years

It's not just a rumor but a confirmed fact that he is a workaholic. :lol:

And is this just a Korean pop culture humor or something else where people above 30 years age are labelled as 'old'. I mean they are certainly older but age blesses the artists with the refinement. 

• Like 2

It's not just a rumor but a confirmed fact that he is a workaholic. :lol:

And is this just a Korean pop culture humor or something else where people above 30 years age are labelled as 'old'. I mean they are certainly older but age blesses the artists with the refinement. 

Ya ya no one can say he is not a workaholic!

I totally agree with his other examples of Tom Cruise and Sylvester Stallone. Nothing wrong with being labeled with a Chuno as his life character. I’m perfectly fine with it.

• Like 3