58 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Will Hyuk attend one of these?

Google translated:

The film 'Ordinary Person' (directed by Kim Bong-han) was invited to overseas festivals such as New York, Moscow and Fukuoka.

According to the distributor Opus Pictures, "Ordinary Person" has been invited to the Asian Film Festival in New York, the Moscow International Film Festival and the Fukuoka Asian Film Festival to meet with audiences around the world.

It will be invited to the 39th Moscow International Film Festival (June 22 ~ June 29), the 16th New York Asian Film Festival (June 30 ~ July 15), the 31st Fukuoka Asian Film Festival (From July 6 to July 9). Kim Bong-han is scheduled to attend the Fukuoka Film Festival in Moscow.

'Ordinary Person' is a story of a homicide criminal Sungjin who has been living a normal life in the 1980s. Son Hyun-joo, Jang Hyuk, and Kim Sang-ho took the lead roles. It was released on March 23.

At the time of its release, it gave a glimpse of the era of modern times through Korea's modern history and the footsteps of ordinary people who changed the world 30 years ago.

source : http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2017052608054985530

wow, this is huge! hope he'll grab this experience.

• Like 3

Cha Tae-hyun brings in several high-class cameos for The Best Hit

by Buhdoop

TheBestHitCameos-3.jpg

The Best Hit just got a lot more interesting considering that the man who got me interested in dramas, Jang Hyuk (Voice), aka Dae-gilaaaaa, will have a cameo appearance in the show in support of his best friend Cha Tae-hyun (The Producers), who is co-directing the new KBS variety-drama. Voice was too scary for me to watch, so any chance I get to see Jang Hyuk is a bonus.

In addition to Jang Hyuk, several other stars have signed on to cameo in support of Cha Tae-hyun, with four appearing in the first episode alone. In the first episode, Lee Kwang-soo (Entourage) will play a bad boyfriend to Lee Se-young (Laurel Tree Tailors), Choi Hwa-jung (Jealousy Incarnate) will play a prominent radio DJ who cannot separate work from real life. Ahn Gil-kang (Mystery Queen) will play a brutal criminal who is shy and weak when it comes to a woman’s charms, and Go Chang-seok (Kim Seon-dal) will play a clumsy photographer.

In the second episode, Jang Hyuk will cameo as “Bluetooth Man,” and play a person who startles Yoon Shi-yoon (Mirror of the Witch) by talking to himself. It seems the ’90s idol will be unfamiliar with newfangled technology, which should make for some entertaining fish-out-of-water jokes.

Cha Tae-hyun must really be well-loved in the entertainment industry, because everyone and their mama is making cameo appearances for him. The Producers and 1 Night 2 Days also had several guest appearances from Cha Tae-hyun’s friends, which makes me think his phone must be a golden Rolodex of every star in Korea. Gimme.

Now I’m dying to see the first two episodes The Best Hit, with this rainbow of veteran comedy actors participating. I suspect there will be a lot of ad-libbing and barrels of laughter on set, which hopefully translates into a hilarious premiere.

KBS’s The Best Hit will air on Friday-Saturday beginning June 2, following a Best Hit Prologue which will air the preceding hour.

cr and more: Dramabeans

• Like 4

On 3/28/2017 at 5:32 PM, azureblue7 said:

There is one video from FTLY DVD Director Cut which JH is being interviewed in studio room I guess. It's uploaded at Tudou.

I followed the links @azureblue7 posted in page 287 but I can't find it anymore. T^T

Oh I found it :))  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Will Hyuk attend one of these?

Google translated:

The film 'Ordinary Person' (directed by Kim Bong-han) was invited to overseas festivals such as New York, Moscow and Fukuoka.

According to the distributor Opus Pictures, "Ordinary Person" has been invited to the Asian Film Festival in New York, the Moscow International Film Festival and the Fukuoka Asian Film Festival to meet with audiences around the world.

It will be invited to the 39th Moscow International Film Festival (June 22 ~ June 29), the 16th New York Asian Film Festival (June 30 ~ July 15), the 31st Fukuoka Asian Film Festival (From July 6 to July 9). Kim Bong-han is scheduled to attend the Fukuoka Film Festival in Moscow.

'Ordinary Person' is a story of a homicide criminal Sungjin who has been living a normal life in the 1980s. Son Hyun-joo, Jang Hyuk, and Kim Sang-ho took the lead roles. It was released on March 23.

At the time of its release, it gave a glimpse of the era of modern times through Korea's modern history and the footsteps of ordinary people who changed the world 30 years ago.

source : http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2017052608054985530

Oh I hope he will also attend with the director and other casts. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yoeda said:

wow, this is huge! hope he'll grab this experience.

1 hour ago, nyk said:

Oh I hope he will also attend with the director and other casts. 

Hmm but he may not have the time to attend if Swordsman begin filming in June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Hmm but he may not have the time to attend if Swordsman begin filming in June.

I too think he'll not attend. 

Do you have any idea when will 'Swordsman' start filming? Initially it was supposed to be  from mid April and now May is almost over. Later the filming starts slimmer the chance of watching Hyuk in a new thing this year.

5 hours ago, yoeda said:

Cha Tae-hyun brings in several high-class cameos for The Best Hit

Just read this article on dramabeans. I wonder why Hyuk standing on the box is funny for the people. (I'm reassessing my cerebral capacity:blink:

On 24/05/2017 at 4:05 PM, azureblue7 said:

Thanks a lot again azureblue7. I really appreciate the effort you are putting in for us. Your translations are great.

Rumor 1: He has a boring image.

I think that's the most intresting thing about him.

When I met you in the past, I always wonder if you were unwell since you looked so listless.

Yes he looks lethargic, clumsy and timid in real life a far cry from his super energetic image on screen unless you look into his eyes. They are lively. 

The doggy looked shocked!lol..

:tongue:

JH: I drank a little. There was once when I was really dead drunk.Later I was so sleepy, I felt myself fall to the ground and I dozed off. Actually I had fallen onto the railway tracks, the light was actually
the headlights of the train.. It brings back the bad memory and fear.

It's good that he learnt his lesson. But if you are drunk why do you have to go back your home isn't it safer to stay at the drinking place untill you are sober. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Whenever I watch k-dramas I'm always scared of the drunk people staggering everywhere. I wonder why nobody stops them from leaving safe places.

Hi,

Here's the translation for tvN's life Pub Episode 6 Part 2

Host with Specs : HS
Host without specs :H
Chubby Host : CH
JH: Jang Hyuk

H: When you drink, would you usually say something during a toast?

JH: No.. I will just drink quietly on my own.

HS: Ah.. you are really shy.

JH: I prefer a informal and more comfortable drinking sessions.

H: But sometimes in a formal company gathering, employees would usually feel the pressure to take turns to say something during a toast and if the speech is good, people will applaud.

HS: That's when the pressure comes.

JH: Actually I did try doing something different during a movie stage greeting session.Most of the people there were people I know. So I just said , "Enjoy watching." and nothing else. ThenI felt the burden to do something more....at the end.
(started laughing shyly)

H: You must have done something and was embarrassed by it.. what was it?
JH: (looking embarrassed) I removed my shoes.... And I asked the audience ," Do you know why I removed my shoes?"

image.png

Everyone started looking uneasy...
JH: When we welcome someone special, don't we just wear our socks to welcome them?
Ha Ha Ha! I said something like that. At that moment, the whole atmosphere went....

HS: Hyukkie, I think you'd better go back early today.

JH: Keke.. I didn't expect such a cold reaction.. I thought I would receive applause. But things turn out totally different.. I was so embarrassed...

H: Usually at this moment, it is important to think of how to salvage this kind of awkward situation.So what did you do after the awkward silence, Hyuk?

JH: I just laugh...Heehee..

image.png

CH: Oh dear!! Laughing at yourself is the worst thing to do!

HS: You just want to do what you want to do right?

JH: If it is now, I will feel like salvaging the situation, but at that moment,
in my twenties...

HS: You mean you will do something to salvage the situation if it was now?
H: It is not easy to salvage such an awkward moment, maybe you should end by saying ,"when we meet someone we really love or haven't seen for a long time,we will just wear our undies, then just show a bit...ya?

Hyukkie just quietly drank his beer. (I don't get their joke too.)

HS: Don't tell me you don't even joke or try to be funny when you were dating?

JH: Why do you all always say that I am not funny?

HS: well,  I was totally disappointed by your socks incident..

JH: That was when I was in my twenties and was in a serious mode.

HS: Guess for today's toast, Let's just drink quietly on our own.

Then they got Hyukkie to create a poem using the 4 characters of the show title.
He came up with something like "Life is about not thinking about it, drink and go home."
Then the rest took turns to try creating a poem too.

Q: Who will you go drinking with?

JH: Usually I will only drink on certain occasions like show premieres or the start of filming with those I am going to work with.
Other that that, I almost don't drink, except at home.
In the past, i will go with the dragon club members. Now ,  I will occasionally drink with the shy group.

Then Hyukkie started sharing about who the members of the shy group are.

HS: The first time I met Hyuk was on stage, some music program..
(Both Hyukkie and HS burst out laughing.)

HS: That TJ rapper! Were you proud of it?

JH: In my thirties, I was very troubled by it, why did I have to do that!
 Now in my forties, i just thought, ahh. just do it first and regret later.

Then he went to explain the rationale of being a rapper to create an image for himself as a actor and not because he wanted to go into singing.

JH: I cannot sing well, they suggested that I rap since it is like delivering my lines rhythmically.I was persuaded into doing that project then.

They then persuaded Hyukkie to rap for them using a ladle as the mike.He obliged. HS was looking down and giggling. Hyukkie looked at him and quickly grabbed his arm. HS's specs came off!

2017_05_26_15_17_44_15_24_02.gif

HS: Hey! Are you using Jeet Kune Do on Hyeong! 

It was so funny to see HS specs hanging from his ears.. it made everyone laugh so much!

Then they talked about Hyukkie's new drama, Voice...

H: Talking about martial arts, are you good at fighting?

JH: I wouldn't say if I am good at fighting. But it does improve my reflexes such that my body reacts faster than usual.There was once when I met with a rather major traffic accident.It happened along the expressway and the car was moving at the speed of 100 or 120 km/h .
At that time, I was so exhausted that I was going to doze off.Then I heard the sound of honking and the person beside me was thrown forward and he hit the back of the front seat.At that instant, I instinctively moved my body to the side and used my arms to shield myself. In the end, I managed to escape with minor injuries but the a person beside me was quite badly hurt.

2017_05_26_15_17_44_15_26_35.gif

(After talking, sneaky HS then tried to sneak a quick attact at Hyukkie by raising his hand. But Hyukkie justlooked at him calmly and blinked his eyes. hehe)

2017_05_26_15_17_44_15_28_22.gif

The rest of them laughed at the sight.

HS: Why didn't you react and defend yourself?

JH: mmm.. it wasn't a dangerous situation...

HS: Did you all see that? He didn't even look shocked! He just stared at me calmly and drink his beer!

JH: Ah.. I think Hyeong will never hurt me..

HS: You are looking down on me!! You are belittling my action!!

Poor Hyukkie tried his best to appease him.

JH: Okay Okay! Let's try it again.

This time round when HS tried to sneak an attack on Hyuk, he put on a very exaggerated defensive stance and made everyone laugh.

2017_05_26_15_17_44_15_42_59.gif

HS: (whining) You are so childish! Before I even attack you, you are already defending!!

End of part 2

• Like 4

I have a hunch that someone is hacking Hyuk's ig account. But I didn't mention it ig or anywhere else because I'm not 100% sure.

9 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

What happened that made you suspect that?

I noticed something that I also did a few months ago. It's a long story. I may also be wrong. But I generally believe in my intuition.

39 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

What's he doing in Hong Kong? 3 pictures

I hope he is taking time off to relax before he starts filming the movie... but he looks good even without makeup.. Hehe. :wub:

But knowing Hyukie, I think most probably for work... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

What's he doing in Hong Kong? 3 pictures

He looks like a teenager  a very cute teenager  kekek:)) 

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's the translation for tvN's life Pub Episode 6 Part 2

JH: Ah.. I think Hyeong will never hurt me..

HS: You are looking down on me!! You are belittling my action!!

Poor Hyukkie tried his best to appease him.

JH: Okay Okay! Let's try it again.

LOL  I just think if it's in case of other guests, they might not try to appease the host but JH is like 'I'm wrong Hyung , let me do it again'  haha

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nyk said:

He looks like a teenager  a very cute teenager  kekek:)) 

LOL  I just think if it's in case of other guests, they might not try to appease the MC but JH is like 'I'm wrong Hyung , let me do it again'  haha

haha.. ya.. he looks like a teenager who forgot to shave his stubble..Hehe

Yup. He is always so kind  and polite even when they make fun of him.. very respectful towards seniors.

• Like 2