A review of the first episode, mainly focusing on JH  

<WK Column> Talking Jang Hyuk x Soyou, who has a strong sense of responsibility, demonstrate exquisite chemistry in "Yacht Expedition: The Beginning"!

"Yacht Expedition: The Beginning" (MBC every1) starring actor Jang Hyuk started on October 26th (Monday). It started as a rear frame of the "Yacht Expedition" that ended on Monday, 19th, and the performers have also been renewed. It consists of 10 episodes, and this time, yacht beginners will try to traverse the west coast and deliver the charm of yachts.

Currently, the "Sea Route Advance Corps" (tvN), in which actors Kim Nam-gil and others appear on other stations, is being broadcast, and since they also have the concept of "yacht" and "travel", they look similar. .. Therefore, one of the interesting things about the program is the chemistry between the performers, but in that respect, "Yacht Expedition: The Beginning" is a very unique and fresh combination.

The performers are Jang Hyuk, actress Choi Yeo Jin, singer Soyou, and entertainer Heo Kyung Hwan. And Captain Kim Sun-jin, who also appeared in the "Yacht Expedition".

Above all, I was surprised that Jang Hyuk would make regular appearances in such a real variety show, and the performers were not originally close friends like the "sea route starter", but the relationship was 1 I was wondering what would happen because the members who were building up from the beginning gathered, but the combination of these four people is surprisingly interesting.

Jang Hyuk, the oldest member of the group, shows a sincere and serious attitude and is eager to learn, but in reality he has a talkative side. According to Heo Kyung Hwan, it's the last time to meet Jang Hyuk. Captain Kim was surprised at the gap with the image, saying, "I didn't think it was so talkative," while laughing when it came to the two-hour course.

In addition, Soyou is the youngest of these, but he is like a class representative. Jang Hyuk is also a member with a strong sense of responsibility, saying that Soyou is reliable and sometimes he feels more like an older sister than himself. He also showed off his cooking skills and had a nickname of "Soyu Onma (mother)". Heo Kyung Hwan is good at everything, and Choi Yeo Jin is always a high-tension mood maker.

It was revealed that these four people will meet for the first time in the first broadcast, and that Captain Kim will give a lecture and receive practical training in the Han River. After going through courses such as how to tie a rope, leaving the shore, and berthing, the four people who entered the world of yachting tested, Choi Yeo Jin was the first, Heo Kyung Hwan was the second, Soyou was the third, and the rope was the fourth. It was Jang Hyuk who had a hard time tying.

Jang Hyuk, who was at the bottom of the list, even showed how to make ramen for dinner as a punishment game, but while driving the yacht, he was completely absorbed in the charm of the yacht and repeatedly called it "very interesting" from the bottom of his heart. It was impressive that he had a good expression and looked happy.

"Yacht Expedition: The Beginning" was full of unknown aspects with a gap between Jang Hyuk from the first broadcast, so that I thought "I have never seen Jang Hyuk like this". Choi Yeo Jin said, "I'm looking forward to our teamwork," but I have a feeling that it will be interesting to see what kind of development the synergistic effect of the four bright and energetic people will bring about.

https://www.wowkorea.jp/section/column/read/275284.htm

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

About the new picture:

'Yacht Expedition' Jang Hyeok X Heo Gyeong Hwan X Choi Yeo Jin X Soyu, a group photo that faces a pictorial'Beauty Explosion'
'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' group photos of Jang Hyeok, Heo Gyeong-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin, and Soo-Yoo's yacht pictorial were released.

MBC Everyone's'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' (hereinafter referred to as'Yacht Expedition'), which was first broadcast on the 26th, is a journey where fearless yacht beginners challenge the yacht and get to know the yacht with their naked bodies and feel pleasure. It is a variety of yacht tutorials. Jang Hyuk, Heo Gyeong-Hwan, Choi Yeo-jin, and Soo-ga, along with Captain Kim Seung-jin, who succeeded in circling the world of yachts without aid to Mu-hang Port, will take a journey to the west coast.

Meanwhile, on October 29, the production crew of'Yacht Expedition' released a group photo of '4 Yachting Siblings' Jang Hyeok, Heo Gyeong-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin, Soo-Yoo, and Kim Seung-jin to draw attention. With a white yacht and blue sky in the background, the appearance of these people spewing out various charms is pleasant and refreshing, and I can not take my eyes off. First of all,'Jinjinam' Jang Hyeok is radiating charisma as if the screen is piercing. Jang Hyeok, who poses seriously in this way, attracted attention by showing off the charm of rise and reversal through the knot tying hole in the first broadcast. Heo Gyeong-hwan, a sea man who proclaims'Tongyeong Seal', draws attention with a trick pose. The pleasant charm of the'Yacht Expedition' atmosphere maker stands out.

The presence of Yeo-jin Choi and Soo-soo, the younger brothers of the'Yacht Expedition', splatters. 'Water sports goddess' Choi Yeo-jin is showing off her slim legs and healthy beauty. Choi Yeo-jin's force, which makes the yacht deck a photo spot, snatches the eyes. Soo-Yoo, from SISTAR's'Voice Goddess', catches the eye with the youngest force full of passion. It is said that Soyou boasted a cool throat and showed off the girl crush charm that grips her older sisters.

In addition, the strong presence of the mentor of the'Yacht Expedition','Captain Mustache' Kim Seung-jin, was added, and a more powerful'Yacht Expedition' was formed. Even the cast members commented on this member composition as "an unimaginable combination." Expectations are high as to what kind of fun the future voyage will bring with the unique combination of those who exude various charms in group photos.

On the other hand,'Yacht Expedition' is getting a response that it has opened a new world of'yachting entertainment' that not only entertaining entertainment but also yacht theory interestingly, and viewers can enjoy it together. In the second broadcast, the members who challenged to drive a yacht without Captain Kim Seung-jin and their men-bung sailing on the Ara Waterway are predicted and are drawing attention. MBC Every1'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' is broadcast every Monday at 8:30 pm. Joon-Hyun

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2020 at 3:54 AM, nyk said:

I think there're 3 moles on his neck. :D:D  

Sorry I can't resist replying to this even if super late. Those moles... my eyes search them out and follow them all the time. Allll the time!

On 10/26/2020 at 3:10 PM, Biology Lesson said:

This is funny, JH is not mentioned here for his fighting skills, but rather as: 

Jang Hyuk – The Best Actor Making Cry  

translation: Actor Jang Hyuk also received the nickname from fans as The Best Actor Making Cry. This is because he often plays a role that makes viewers touched by stories that are annoying!

This is the first I've heard about this nickname, but I kinda agree- :D  I never cried as a cried watching FTLY!

I agree, I cried a lot watching FTLY too. Something about that show tugs at my heart. Or maybe it's just JH himself.

On 10/27/2020 at 4:47 PM, Biology Lesson said:

I always think how he was in Urban cops- so quiet and attentive, noticing everything, listening to everything, and then, when the time came to apply what he learned, he blew everyone away with his interrogation style. 

This sounds like cliche but at that moment I realized he was truly born to be an actor. He was completely in his element and even the other policemen who usually don't react much were "riveted" by the interrogation role-playing.

On 10/27/2020 at 9:32 PM, Biology Lesson said:

In Urban cop I remember noticing what a confident driver he is, especially compared to the young actor that was with them :) He showed similar confidence "driving" that Yacht...

I noticed this too! When he was driving in Midas and Money Flower I thought he just looked cool driving because it was staged/acting but realized he's really a competent driver after Urban Cops. I'm guessing he volunteered to drive a lot either (1) because he prefers to do something (as opposed to just sitting in the van) or (2) because he's the type who feels more secured with his own driving rather than in the hands of others (I have friends like this).

On 10/28/2020 at 10:42 AM, Biology Lesson said:

His immersion into a situation seems so fast and complete, that he couldn't stop repeating "This is fun! This is fun!". It reminded me of his behavior when he listens to music- he immediately gets absorbed in it, swaying and singing. That ability is very childlike, I don't understand how he still is like that, but I'm jealous of him for that... And I guess his child-like immersion makes people seem to want to take care of him, even though he's quite capable :lol: I always remember the guy in the travel show grabbing him by the hand and dragging him to the bus, as JH wandered off to another bus, or the guy that wiped JH's mouth in Bar life :D

Okay I guess I really do have to check out Yacht Expedition and the travel show. In Urban Cops, Jo Jae Yun sincerely found JH cute (especially his bread moments) and couldn't resist looking after him. So maybe it wasn't just because Jo Jae Yun is too nice but JH himself looking adorable/childlike to others.

18 hours ago, Mariana Marc said:

"This show is not available in your region" :joy: so  Kiss TV Show for me :heart:

You can also use a VPN and click USA for location. That's how I'll be watching The Swordsman in next week's Hawaii Film Festival :)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

Sorry I can't resist replying to this even if super late. Those moles... my eyes search them out and follow them all the time. Allll the time!

You are not alone, I find his moles exceptionally sexy I don't know why. :hwaiting2:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, nyk said:

@Jiyuu @Ding77  haha talking about his moles. did you notice he has one mole on his upper lip? I find it sexy too. :lol::wub:

I didn't *hides in shame* for some reason my eyes are drawn to the ones on his neck (I think I'm sounding like a perv now).

Haha okay I have an off-topic question:

I was going through his old interviews and saw that JH and Jun Ji Hyun back then (pre-military) were really close. Does anyone know if he managed to maintain his friendship with her like how he did (I think) with the g.o.d. boys etc.?

I'm not sure if they've crossed paths again (on TV) after Windstruck but I find it interesting how similar they are in some aspects and also the difference in the paths they took after.

Both are focused/disciplined (waking up early for daily workouts), both have done their share of action flicks (not much on cheesy melodramas), both do not mind looking silly/uncool for certain comedic roles.

On the other hand they treated stardom differently. One chose to cultivate a more aloof (?) persona, the other a more down-to-earth approach. One doesn't seem to mind casual outfits, the other is into high fashion. And so on.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

I didn't *hides in shame* for some reason my eyes are drawn to the ones on his neck (I think I'm sounding like a perv now).

I guess that would make us all pervs :) or at least most of us ... :D

2 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

I was going through his old interviews and saw that JH and Jun Ji Hyun back then (pre-military) were really close. Does anyone know if he managed to maintain his friendship with her like how he did (I think) with the g.o.d. boys etc.?

I'm not sure if they've crossed paths again (on TV) after Windstruck but I find it interesting how similar they are in some aspects and also the difference in the paths they took after.

Both are focused/disciplined (waking up early for daily workouts), both have done their share of action flicks (not much on cheesy melodramas), both do not mind looking silly/uncool for certain comedic roles.

On the other hand they treated stardom differently. One chose to cultivate a more aloof (?) persona, the other a more down-to-earth approach. One doesn't seem to mind casual outfits, the other is into high fashion. And so on.

I also wondered about that. It seemed they were really close before he enlisted- he said that she was like his sister, but after the army, I haven't seen a single picture of them together, though he did go to her wedding, so I guess they are still friendly.

I don't know much about her. I saw her only in Windstruck, which I didn't like, and in The Legend of the Blue Sea. Is she aloof?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

I'm the one sounding more perv than you. I keep observing his every mole.  :lol:

I think JJH wasn't at Sidus anymore after he came back from military, so it's hard to be close or in contact as before. Also they never encounter even at award shows or events. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't know much about her. I saw her only in Windstruck, which I didn't like, and in The Legend of the Blue Sea. Is she aloof?

Okay maybe not aloof exactly, maybe just full star mode? I don't know if that helps. Like the female version of Won Bin? More on CFs, only two dramas in the past 20 years. Won't get caught dead wearing anything unfashionable. I'm not sure if she ever appeared in variety shows (where you have less control over your image). After My Sassy Girl (which was a super huge hit in Asia), her face has been everywhere. 

Speaking of Legend of the Blue Sea, JH seems to be such an old soul, I wish he'd be interested in a less realistic drama (a bit supernatural/fantasy-ish) for a change.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I also wondered about that. It seemed they were really close before he enlisted- he said that she was like his sister, but after the army, I haven't seen a single picture of them together, though he did go to her wedding, so I guess they are still friendly.

Sometimes it's hard to be close like as before because both are married. If JH is too close to her, won't know if her husb will not like it. Or if she's too close to JH, wifey may not like it. Personally I also have guy friends whom I was close to before but after he got married, we "drifted" because his wifey doesn't like it. So, things like this do happen in real life.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Sometimes it's hard to be close like as before because both are married. If JH is too close to her, won't know if her husb will not like it. Or if she's too close to JH, wifey may not like it. Personally I also have guy friends whom I was close to before but after he got married, we "drifted" because his wifey doesn't like it. So, things like this do happen in real life.

Yes, that's very common. They hv their own lives and family and are not in the same company anymore. They will hv less chance to "bump" into each other and what more to say when both are so busy. Unless they make extra effort to spend time together, and that would be quite weird also, I suppose if they do it too often. The media would definitely be quick to pick things up and blow it over the top. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ding77 said:

The media would definitely be quick to pick things up and blow it over the top. 

This is the scary one. The media can cook up some juicy stories. The thing I like about JH is that, outside of work, he doesn't simply behave with ladies. He's courteous, he keeps his distance (safe distancing :lol:) & he doesn't simply hug or put his hands on ladies shoulder. Even take group photo also you might probably realise he sometimes is the odd one out like far from the ladies. :lol:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, budgerie said:

This is the scary one. The media can cook up some juicy stories. The thing I like about JH is that, outside of work, he doesn't simply behave with ladies. He's courteous, he keeps his distance (safe distancing :lol:) & he doesn't simply hug or put his hands on ladies shoulder. Even take group photo also you might probably realise he sometimes is the odd one out like far from the ladies. :lol:

And this is also why he insists on addressing his female co-stars using formal speech, which often frustrates those actresses. In healing camp they said that some actresses complained that it is impossible to become his friend because of that. LDH expressed frustration with that, and also mentioned that he didn't use formal speech with the other actress in Chuno, and JH said that he had no choice since that actress didn't stop demanding he doesn't use formal speech with her! It was funny to see how indignant he was about that :D 

You can see in Yacht Expedition how the tall girl in a bit too touchy, and how JH maintains a distance while trying not to appear rude :)  

• Like 5

I saw this post, in the last picture it looks like JH. At first I thought he cut his hair, but it looks like his hair line is too low for JH, so I think he's wearing a black cap (beanie).

The translation of the caption:

"It was amazing...
I saw Jang Hyuk...
Just... he was handsome even from a distance.
I was waiting for the signal
Such luck..
#Celebrity
#Janghyuk #Dadongi mom everyday
#Life of a working heart #On the way to work in the morning
#Today"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG8lTyRl6oB/ 

• Like 4