3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Ok now that it’s over, can he cut his hair already???? 

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Noooooooooo! A cut could also me mean a “disastrous pain”, like a bowl cut (I really hope he avoids that for his next role) 

it’s hilarious this is the number 1 thing we think about after his show. HAHA. I really have no idea why he’s not cutting it but chances are he’s using it for the show? Or he just wants to enjoy the long hair since it’s awhile since he has it. I agree that his hair looks shiny and voluminous. Good for shampoo or hair care CF LOL. I don’t mind a longer hairstyle for his new show actually, but prefer if it’s a bit wavy and properly styled. 

someone commented that the director of this new OCN show (previously director of Quiz From God), the way he directed QFG, the show had a very Japanese vibe to it. Characters, look etc. Who knows, maybe he wants JH to have a flamboyant Jap style? LOL. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Btw I was watching on Juji TV the last episode halfway, and suddenly it stopped at 24th min or so. Did anyone face this issue? Now I’m trying to reload but the page won’t show the video at all anymore. 

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, cute! Jang Seung-jo from Money Flower commented on JH's post... The translation is a bit strange, so if anyone can translate... I did manage to get that he told JH at the end that he loved him! So sweet. Also JH's friend from GOD commented...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NqsktJiUlqtC2ElazR7bMeVX38CCUXbAXwHI0/

Wow so he posted a pic on IG? He must be happy for him to post something about the show finally! So sad he privatised the account before I became a fan, can’t follow him now. And I super love his bro chemistry with Jang Seung Jo. The latter is a great actor too. I hope they can work together again one day!!

if anyone can translate their convo I’d be very appreciative!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw I was watching on Juji TV the last episode halfway, and suddenly it stopped at 24th min or so. Did anyone face this issue? Now I’m trying to reload but the page won’t show the video at all anymore. 

Try huajuwang.net

• Like 3

12 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes. I think he did. He always feels sleepy when he is a little drunk. Look at his red face..haha.. so cute.

Little Crown Prince is so adorable. 

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Mmm.. he looks very handsome.. but I prefer another hairstyle..

Imagine we are so "worried" for his new drama hairstyle. Not this straight hairstyle please. No bowl hairstyle also. 

11 hours ago, yoeda said:

Okey, how's the ending? Who's dead who's alive? :lol:

Edit: Opss no worries. I got myself spoiled on other thread. 

Ok, spoiler is for you. 

Spoiler

Hwi and SH died. Bang Won and HJ alive and those bunch of Hwi friends also alive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Wow so he posted a pic on IG? He must be happy for him to post something about the show finally! So sad he privatised the account before I became a fan, can’t follow him now. And I super love his bro chemistry with Jang Seung Jo. The latter is a great actor too. I hope they can work together again one day!!

if anyone can translate their convo I’d be very appreciative!

I could watch the drama on hanjuwang 韩剧网. I'm glad the drama is over. I shall not rant here since there are fans who haven't watched. 

But 1 thing to tell you how STUPID the whole scene is. Bang Won private guard got 1 stab by SH and died very fast. SH got multiple stabs from BW guard and soldiers but didn't die instantly. Still can wait for Hwi to come out from BW chamber and tell long story. 

I'm just glad this drama is over otherwise I will go crazy seeing Hwi and SH get stabbed numerous times and don't die.

Bang Won in this last episode is so (I am speechless). I'm glad writer followed history. Ruthless Bang Won. He should act a drama in which he is an emperor. He got the prowess. Great acting Bang Won but he is so lonely. :bawling:So heartbreaking to see him sad. Shitty father of his didn't recognise Bang Won even till the end. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

My Country’ ep 16 (finale) Knetz comments (SPOILER ALERT)

Spoiler

1.       Thank you all for your wonderful acting in my country. (+1084 -17)

2.       Although the story got worse and worse, but the actors and actresses had all been loyal with their great acting, everyone worked hard (+802 -20)

3.       Do you have to kill everyone? (+594 -9)

4.       I was happy to see Jang Hyuk’s Lee Bang-won !! (+450 -24)

5.       It’s all torn up, I am crying (+199 -14)

6.       I've been expecting a sad ending from the beginning, but it was sadder than I thought especially when Seon-ho died. It's a good drama with a good title. Thank you all the actors in my country. I hope you can see Woo Do-hwan and Yang Se-jong together in another work! (+174 -12)

7.       I know the drama is different from the actual, but I think I can understand why Lee Bang-won chose to be lonely and killed all people, should have given him the credit from the start. Great acting from Jang Hyuk (+170 -10)

8.       The ending is a little.... It's strange to go to the palace recklessly and fight. It's strange that smart Seon-ho had no plans, and I don't understand why they decided to join hands so late; the ending is such a pity. (+153 -7)

9.       It’s better than Vagabond (+140 -3)

10.   I like the harmony between the older and younger actors. Jang Hyuk as expected was full of strength. Although Yang Se-jong, Woo Do-hwan, and Seolhyun were new, I find them refreshing and I liked their emotional lines. Moonbok also had a challenging time hahaha. You have all worked hard. (+129 -5)

11.   I was amazed that Seon-ho remained alive till Hwi came out (+124 -2)

12.   Woo Do-hwan was so handsome (+135 -13)

13.   It was Jang Hyuk's supporting role. Jang Hyuk shines and the young actors have been learning seriously ~ I look forward to future works from Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se-jong and Seol Hyun. (+113 -4)

14.   Occasionally I admire Seon-ho’s beauty, his eyes acting were good, should be able to become an outstanding actor (+112 -9)

15.   I admire Jang Hyuk's performance. Writer.. Lee Bang-won worked hard for all the actors and actresses (+110 -7)

16.   Once you mention Lee Bang-won you think of Jang Hyuk. Although the plot of the last episode was disappointing, but it's the best acting ever. (+98 -7)

17.   My Country Review: Jang Hyuk, Lee Bang-won "Worked hard" (+90 -2)

18.   Jang Hyuk's final scene is a smash hit. (+87 -5)

19.   You're so good at acting Woo Do-hwan! (+96 -15)

20.    Jang Hyuk’s face was full of tears …  It was a good and fun drama, everyone had worked hard (+80 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003304347

1.    It was a heartbreaking ending for Hwi and Seon-ho. I liked all the actors' performances, but I think Jang Hyuk, who did a great job even if he were not the main character in every episode of the drama, will be remembered as an actor well suited to the character of Lee Bang-won! (+74 -5)

2.    Writers should have killed all of them so that they could not have gone far away and lived in a village and lived happily ever after.ᅲ (+49 -0)

3.    It’s a zombie drama which all the extras die after being hit once, but the main characters survived even after being pierced by a sword. (+37 -5)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003304379

2019112501001922200130101_20191124092002

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

My Country’ ep 16 (finale) Knetz comments (SPOILER ALERT)

Judging from the comments of knetz and your opinions in this thread, I can conclude that the plot is not really that good but the acting especially from Hyukie is worth watching. So glad he accepted this role. When he chooses a role, it's either a hit or a miss. But this definitely is a hit. He got so much praise for acting as LBW in this drama. I am so happy for him. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Judging from the comments of knetz and your opinions in this thread, I can conclude that the plot is not really that good but the acting especially from Hyukie is worth watching. So glad he accepted this role. When he chooses a role, it's either a hit or a miss. But this definitely is a hit. He got so much praise for acting as LBW in this drama. I am so happy for him. 

Indeed the story got worse and worse as is stated in 1 of the comments from k netz. But JH is superb as Bang Won. Have you watched yet? 

• Like 2

The finale certainly feels very crappy and incomplete without subtitles. I hope I change my mind after watching with subtitles. I hope there is “some” substance or explanations in those long dialogues and monologues that explain the crazy events on the finale (at least I want to understand BW and the King) 

I really wish I could understand that last dialogue between Hwi and Bangwon

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

The finale certainly feels very crappy and incomplete without subtitles. I hope I change my mind after watching with subtitles. I hope there is “some” substance or explanations in those long dialogues and monologues that explain the crazy events on the finale (at least I want to understand BW and the King) 

I'm out today so I couldn't give you my amateur translation. Will try to do so when I'm free. Btw, when is english subtitle coming out? 

• Like 1

“My Country” Jang Hyuk showed a unique presence till the end 

In JTBC’s drama 'My country’ which ended on 23 Nov, Jang Hyuk showed a captivating performance that was met with great acclaim right till the last episode.  

From the beginning to the end, it was Lee Bang-won. Jang Hyuk erased not only himself but also the shadow of his previous works, portraying only the character Lee Bang-won.

Rather than the outward appearance of the desire-obsessed "Lord of Blood", Jang Hyuk imprinted viewers with a humane version of Lee Bang-won who was building a country for the abandoned,  allowing them to see the character from an angle previously unknown.

It was a great result of the meeting of an actor with solid acting skills and a historical character who had made great achievements. Although the history of the founding of the Joseon Dynasty was a big spoiler, Jang Hyuk has newly created an unimaginably delicate yet strong Lee Bang-won, and the public has given great cheers for its birth.

After finishing the final shoot, Jang Hyuk said, "After the movie 'The Age of Innocence,' I had a great thirst for the character Lee Bang-won, which I only managed to satisfy in 'My Country.' That alone is really satisfying," he said.

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20191124001346165

20191124001346165_1574570900_1.jpg?15745

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Ok let me try

Edit : This is the first dialogue, not the last one.

BW : You are here because you have something to say

Hwi : I need to meet the Northern army (or something) , to convince them not to be make use of by the King, that's the only way we can all survive.

BW : Why don't u ask the reason I killed your father?

Hwi : Need to destroy all, so there is no need to ask you

BW : I faked the documents that your father was corrrupted, then I bribed others to give false testimonies

Hwi : Don't say any more

BW : As compared to Poeun, I was more afraid of my master Seo Geom's sword so.. I killed him

Hwi : Stop it !!! Don't be mistaken that I am not killing you because you are the prince, it is because I need to protect the people important to me.

BW : Then, go ahead and hate me! Then I can kill you after that.

Hwi : I will bring the wine, then you can kill me.

BW : You need to come before the ceremony of the crown prince, after that whatever you say will be meaningless

Hwi : Please keep your promise

BW : In the end you still cannot own yourself

Hwi : You will not be able to own anyone in the end (leaves)

BW : (to himself) Will there be nothing in the end?

Edit OK I realised I translated the wrong portion above, it should be this one

BW : I had hoped that you won't come, yet I wish you will be here to see
Hwi : Why did you break your promise? Why didn't you believe me? I thought you would be different. At least I thought you will not abandon anyone.

BW : The country for the abandoned, only can be realised on this seat (pointing to the king's seat). Everything that will be sacrificed in order to realise this, I will be responsible for it

Hwi : (points sword at BW) Then this sacrifice, get rid of it, take back your orders, or you shall die here

BW :  Looks like you mean it this time
Hwi : The people I love, all those innocent people, let them off
BW : In this case, you will need to die
Hwi : I am wiling to die
BW : (looks at Hwi and smiles) You have saved everyone. Take back the order !
Hwi : (puts down sword and leaves)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

For those who have watched without subtitle, here is (amateur) translation of last episode. I only do Bang Won cuts. Not interested in the other 3 of them. :D 

Spoiler

When BW raised his sword, he told SH to "rest". Hwi came to SH rescue. BW said "you have come to stop me? I said before, if you stop me, I will kill you as well". Hwi raised his arrow and said "try and see. Just like what you did to my father". BW said "I lied to you and you want to kill me". Hwi said "you killed my father, you make use of me and everything, I can forget about it. Everything you done for me I will also forget it. Let SH go. He is my most precious friend. Let me protect him. If you refuse, you will die here. BW said "go, this is reward for all your contributions. Go as far as possible". 

BW raised his sword to look at it. His personal guard came in. Bang Won said "I recalled when you 1st came to see me". His guard answered "that is memory already". BW said "after you have killed more than 10 people, you ran towards me. I thought to myself "I want to have this person". BW said "it is the same for Hwi, (BW shouted) he is my man! But have I ever have this person? Guard said "you are waver now". BW asked Guard "is this how you see it"? Guard said "SH came to kill you and Hwi helped him instead. If you let them live, the world will mock you" (BW recalled an earlier incident which King said Hwi looked like his father). BW said "dances of the swords, is this what the ex king wants? All the blood will flow during the Crown Prince coronation". (To be continued).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Prettysup Yiiikes! Why so cold freaking Bangwon? Ugh! Im kinda disappointed in him, even though I know he was who he was, but I know he ended up caring for Hwi genuinely and felt guilty towards him so why act like a cold hearted richard simmons now? At least say sorry!?! Like, yeah I killed your dad and I’ll have to kill you but hey “it hurts me more than it hurts you” or something lolol, or sorry but wikipedia says I’m a psychopath and I can’t help myself but your dad was a great man and so are you. Why this need to rub his heinous act on Hwi’s face? Almost feels like noble idiocy when the male lead is trying to get the female lead to hate him ugh! 

And where’s the “I never desert my people” BS and “the country of the abandoned” BS?  I wish they had shown Yi Bangwon’s “country” a bit, to feel that all the sacrifice that was done to make him king, was worth something and that he at least kept his word on building a nation for the people (we know in real life he was bloodthirsty but he did many good things for the advancement of the dynasty. They could’ve shown that in one scene)

Thank you so much for this translation :D although I was referring to their last dialogue when Hwi went to “kill” him.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Yiiikes! Why so cold freaking Bangwon? Ugh! Im kinda disappointed in him, even though I know he was who he was, but I know he ended up caring for Hwi genuinely and felt guilty towards him so why act like a cold hearted richard simmons now? At least say sorry!?! Like, yeah I killed your dad and I’ll have to kill you but hey “it hurts me more than it hurts you” or something lolol, or sorry but wikipedia says I’m a psychopath and I can’t help myself but your dad was a great man and so are you. Why this need to rub his heinous act on Hwi’s face? Almost feels like noble idiocy when the male lead is trying to get the female lead to hate him ugh! 

And where’s the “I never desert my people” BS and “the country of the abandoned” BS?  I wish they had shown Yi Bangwon’s “country” a bit, to feel that all the sacrifice that was done to make him king, was worth something and that he at least kept his word on building a nation for the people (we know in real life he was bloodthirsty but he did many good things for the advancement of the dynasty. They could’ve shown that in one scene)

Thank you so much for this translation :D although I was referring to their last dialogue when Hwi went to “kill” him.

Yeah I didn’t realise there were 2 dialogues between them haha.. have edited my earlier post to translate yeh second one 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1