So in this article they are saying that JH's character "is unlike any other character seen before". That's a big statement, especially since according to its description, this character sounds exactly like any other character in OCN shows... Interesting...

Jang Hyuk Confirms Role as Genius Profiler in "Call It Like You See It"

Actor Jang Hyuk is starring in the new OCN drama "Call It Like You See It".

"Call It Like You See It" is a suspense thriller drama about a genius profiler who lost everything and a detective who remembers anything she sees once tracking down a serial killer they thought to be dead.

Jang Hyuk tackles the role of Oh Hyeon-jae, a genius profiler who turns ill-tempered and a loner after he loses everything. He used to be the best criminal analyst, but one day he loses his fiancé to a bombing caused by a serial killer.

While he lives a secluded life, he meets a detective named Cha Soo-yeong (Choi Soo-young), who has special skills to track down the killer.

Jang Hyuk has been appearing in numerous dramas with various characters and he's coming back to OCN for the first time since "Voice".

The production says, "It's impossible to picture anyone else but Jang Hyuk for an OCN genre drama. He's got his style and many want to see him acting in these kinds of dramas. Oh Hyeon-jae is unlike any other character seen before".

Meanwhile, OCN drama "Call It Like You See It" can be seen in 2020.

https://www.hancinema.net/jang-hyuk-confirms-role-as-genius-profiler-in-call-it-like-you-see-it-135271.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

So in this article they are saying that JH's character "is unlike any other character seen before". That's a big statement, especially since according to its description, this character sounds exactly like any other character in OCN shows... Interesting...

Jang Hyuk Confirms Role as Genius Profiler in "Call It Like You See It"

Actor Jang Hyuk is starring in the new OCN drama "Call It Like You See It".

"Call It Like You See It" is a suspense thriller drama about a genius profiler who lost everything and a detective who remembers anything she sees once tracking down a serial killer they thought to be dead.

Jang Hyuk tackles the role of Oh Hyeon-jae, a genius profiler who turns ill-tempered and a loner after he loses everything. He used to be the best criminal analyst, but one day he loses his fiancé to a bombing caused by a serial killer.

While he lives a secluded life, he meets a detective named Cha Soo-yeong (Choi Soo-young), who has special skills to track down the killer.

Jang Hyuk has been appearing in numerous dramas with various characters and he's coming back to OCN for the first time since "Voice".

The production says, "It's impossible to picture anyone else but Jang Hyuk for an OCN genre drama. He's got his style and many want to see him acting in these kinds of dramas. Oh Hyeon-jae is unlike any other character seen before".

Meanwhile, OCN drama "Call It Like You See It" can be seen in 2020.

https://www.hancinema.net/jang-hyuk-confirms-role-as-genius-profiler-in-call-it-like-you-see-it-135271.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Indeed, tall claims but I am also taking it with a grain of salt that all promotional articles will say something like that? Though I really hope to be proven wrong and the character is really unlike usual. 

I’m not very enthusiastic about the ill tempered part though. I hope it lasts only for as long as he is living that secluded life, or that he slowly softens up as part of his character development and becomes warm and passionate again. 

And I didn’t know so many people wanted Hyukie in an OCN drama haha. They sound like they REALLY want to associate him with OCN and he fits the role like a glove. 

I wonder if this role is a case of him also wanting to “make right” his dissatisfaction with the Voice role? Ill tempered guy who lost everything. Maybe he wants to get a second chance to do it right this time, just like how he does with Bang Won. 

• Like 5

Actress Jin Seo-yeon confirmed to act in OCN 'Say What You Saw' with Jang Hyuk

In the drama, Jin will play the head of the metropolitan investigation team's team, Hwang, who served in key posts in the police, including the leadership of intelligence crimes and the task force in special cases. Team Leader Hwang is a complicated figure who considers police work a vocation but also has a tendency to oppose the authoritarian organizational system.

So now we have 1 genius profiler vs 2 lady detectives. Sounds good !!

• Like 4

So, in the translation of this article, the description of JH's character says "Jang Hyuk played the profiler's wacky recluse Oh Hyun.". Wacky. Wacky means strange in a funny way. Lee Gun was wacky... That's different than just saying "eccentric". Again, in every article we get a different description of this character... 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003492556?lfrom=twitter

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I’m not very enthusiastic about the ill tempered part though. I hope it lasts only for as long as he is living that secluded life, or that he slowly softens up as part of his character development and becomes warm and passionate again. 

I guess after losing everything , his temper can't be very good. But I hope he is not like Detective Moo..hopefully less yelling..and like what you mentioned, his character will start to warm up to others coming into his life.. 

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

So now we have 1 genius profiler vs 2 lady detectives. Sounds good !!

Wow! And they will do the leg work, not him! Will anyone of them carry a torch for him? 

54 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Jang Hyuk played the profiler's wacky recluse Oh Hyun.". Wacky. Wacky means strange in a funny way. Lee Gun was wacky... That's different than just saying "eccentric". Again, in every article we get a different description of this character... 

Cannot  imagine him being wacky after all that had happened to him..haha!  But who knows, maybe he is hiding his true feelings beneath that mask.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yes! That is the episode! Chinese subs don't really help me :) Though I did notice he spoke much less in this episode...  but the summary on your IG post is good too! Thanks for posting! 

If any of you can convey more of what they were saying- I'd be grateful!

@azureblue7Wow, you are fantastic and have always been the one very fast. You have all these information at your fingertips! :blush:

I like the parts - (1) imagine you going to the market and you have JH talking to you non stop. For me, I will cancel my market trip. (2) He seldom attend classes - that is nice to know our Hyuk doesn't like to study. Lol.  

So...what will papa Hyuk say if his boys ask him if they can absent from school today? :sweat_smile:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I guess after losing everything , his temper can't be very good. But I hope he is not like Detective Moo..hopefully less yelling..and like what you mentioned, his character will start to warm up to others coming into his life.. 

Wow! And they will do the leg work, not him! Will anyone of them carry a torch for him? 

Cannot  imagine him being wacky after all that had happened to him..haha!  But who knows, maybe he is hiding his true feelings beneath that mask.

I don't feel very enthusiastic too but wait and see. If it is the same Director, how far can the directing be from Voice?

Probably we are going to see a cry baby Hyuk more at the parts when he lost his fiance. He does very well in cry scenes. Hopefully one of the lady detective is able to nurse his broken heart back to health. Some light romance is fine (add spice). I hope he doesn't become like Li Gun that kind of wacky after his fiance died. :grimace:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I don't feel very enthusiastic too but wait and see. If it is the same Director, how far can the directing be from Voice?

Probably we are going to see a cry baby Hyuk more at the parts when he lost his fiance. He does very well in cry scenes. Hopefully one of the lady detective is able to nurse his broken heart back to health. Some light romance is fine (add spice). I hope he doesn't become like Li Gun that kind of wacky after his fiance died. :grimace:

I really hope there will be romance. The shows that don't have romance at all, like Voice and The guest, seem oddly disconnected. They maintain a certain distance from the characters because they don't explore their emotions in that way. Romance is not just about romance, it also gives the characters a way to speak from the heart and reveal more about themselves. As this character is supposed to be a genius, I really hope that he will be a more emotional version of Lee Young Ho from Beautiful Mind. I don't think he got enough love for that role... Also, JH looks so good these days, you can't give him a role and not have him be sexy!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Earlier I thought Jin Seo Yeon's character is either serial killer or right-hand of the serial killer. But she is a cop and it's good news for us. She often plays wacky/temperamental characters so there is chance that Hyukie's character might be allowed to be more 'normal' to balance overall tone of the drama.

I'm assuming her character is quirky on the basis of the synopsis.

I hope his character is only good at using brain and otherwise is dude in distress who needs to be saved by female leads like his character in Windstruck. Only problem is all of  guys who loose their lovers in K dramas have nasty temper. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

No no no I have said it a few times, Voice director Kim Hong-san is not the director this time, he is just the creator. The director is Lee Joon-hyeong who directed God's Quiz.

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes!! Glad that his new drama is gaining attention too!

That's great, and I hope to get its official English title soon, there are so many different versions around haha

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Earlier I thought Jin Seo Yeon's character is either serial killer or right-hand of the serial killer. But she is a cop and it's good news for us. She often plays wacky/temperamental characters so there is chance that Hyukie's character might have been allowed to be more 'normal' to balance overall tone of the drama.

I'm assuming her character is quirky on the basis of the synopsis.

I hope his character is only good at using brain and otherwise is dude in distress who needs to be saved by female leads like his character in Windstruck. Only problem is all of  guys who loose their lovers in K dramas have nasty temper. :sweatingbullets:

Haha you put the sleeping vampire as your profile pic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I really hope there will be romance. The shows that don't have romance at all, like Voice and The guest, seem oddly disconnected. They maintain a certain distance from the characters because they don't explore their emotions in that way. Romance is not just about romance, it also gives the characters a way to speak from the heart and reveal more about themselves. As this character is supposed to be a genius, I really hope that he will be a more emotional version of Lee Young Ho from Beautiful Mind. I don't think he got enough love for that role... Also, JH looks so good these days, you can't give him a role and not have him be sexy!

Some romance will be nice. If it is detective all the way like voice, might get boring.

@Prettysupsorry sorry sorry....i got it wrong. I keep thinking it is the same director.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Some romance will be nice. If it is detective all the way like voice, might get boring.

@Prettysupsorry sorry sorry....i got it wrong. I keep thinking it is the same director.  

Can't blame you, the news keep harping that its a reunion of Jang Hyuk and Kim Hong-sun after Voice, perhaps they are trying to milk Voice's popularity.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

perhaps they are trying to milk Voice's popularity.

I definitely think they are. Afterall it was OCN’s first hit drama. 

Haha I’m jumping ahead of time here, but what are we going to do after this OCN drama?? I can’t help but feel a little sad At the prospect that we are inching closer to his end 40s which is a time he said he wants to slow down. We have been so spoilt in the past, him announcing new drama before his current drama ends. :dissapointed_relieved:

Do you guys think that the OCN drama may be his only drama in 2020 and maybe he will come back in 2021? He has afterall been doing so many projects in the past 10 years. Though I’ll be happy for him if he takes a break and spends time with family, which he needs!! 

Ok silly worries aside, I’m really looking forward to this drama! I think they said it will air in February 2020. Hopefully there are no delays! 

So many possibilities in his characterization. The adjective used keeps changing LOL. Wonder if it’s a translation issue or the shows PR person can’t make up his/her mind what term to use lol. 

I need to start watching beautiful mind. All of you have been raving about it and yet I have not watched. :sweatingbullets: I also want to finish Voice, purely for JH. Fingers crossed this new show is more intelligent than Voice. I would love if they have lots of unexpected twists and turns. And yes some romance would be good too! I’m quite certain if there is romance it will be with Soo Young and not Jin Seo Yeon. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I definitely think they are. Afterall it was OCN’s first hit drama. 

Haha I’m jumping ahead of time here, but what are we going to do after this OCN drama?? I can’t help but feel a little sad At the prospect that we are inching closer to his end 40s which is a time he said he wants to slow down. We have been so spoilt in the past, him announcing new drama before his current drama ends. :dissapointed_relieved:

Do you guys think that the OCN drama may be his only drama in 2020 and maybe he will come back in 2021? He has afterall been doing so many projects in the past 10 years. Though I’ll be happy for him if he takes a break and spends time with family, which he needs!! 

Ok silly worries aside, I’m really looking forward to this drama! I think they said it will air in February 2020. Hopefully there are no delays! 

So many possibilities in his characterization. The adjective used keeps changing LOL. Wonder if it’s a translation issue or the shows PR person can’t make up his/her mind what term to use lol. 

I need to start watching beautiful mind. All of you have been raving about it and yet I have not watched. :sweatingbullets: I also want to finish Voice, purely for JH. Fingers crossed this new show is more intelligent than Voice. I would love if they have lots of unexpected twists and turns. And yes some romance would be good too! I’m quite certain if there is romance it will be with Soo Young and not Jin Seo Yeon. 

I was thinking the 2 ladies can vie for our genius profiler's attention?

As for his future plans, I think u did indeed worry too much haha. I do not think this will be his only drama in 2020, after all if he is willing to take on supporting roles, I am sure there are many projects for him to choose.

As for the airing date, the only delay I can forsee will be Lunar New Year on 25-26 Jan 2020, which fall on a Saturday/Sunday. If they decide to stop broadcast for that week, then the drama preceeding it will extend by a week, and this one will air on 8 Feb instead of 1 Feb.

• Like 3