3 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No, according to history the King will abdicate and pass the throne to his second son Bang-gwa, whom we have not seen yet in this drama.

Will YBW later kill Banggan?

18 minutes ago, nyk said:

Will YBW later kill Banggan?

No, they will fight during the Second Strife and BW exiled Bang gan after the latter lost. YBW did not kill any of his brothers by the same mother. 

And this is so true hahaha

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha actually WDH cut his hair some time ago, in fact he has already began filming his next project. But our Hyukie is still seen boxing in his long hair. So my guess is either Nam Seon-ho is going to die soon, or they managed to hide his hair under the cloth, or they finished filming his parts first. Whatever the case, our JH has not finished yet.

WDH is doing new Kim Eun-Sook drama and filming is under way. Although personally I think it's absurd that he has to play 2nd lead to Lee Min Ho(don't understand his appeal although his popularity is immense). 

He must have concluded his part first. 

Why did it take so long to film My Country?  

4 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

WDH is doing new Kim Eun-Sook drama and filming is under way. Although personally I think it's absurd that he has to play 2nd lead to Lee Min Ho(don't understand his appeal although his popularity is immense). 

He must have concluded his part first. 

Why did it take so long to film My Country?  

LOL if JH can play 4th lead why can’t WDH? He still has a long way to go, good opportunity to work with famous writer, grab the chance boy ! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No, according to history the King will abdicate and pass the throne to his second son Bang-gwa, whom we have not seen yet in this drama.

In the preview for ep 13, there was a line that said it was the King's revenge. So I think the story will twist a little longer before King will abdicate. And Seon Ho - is he good or is he bad? 

• Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, budgerie said:

In the preview for ep 13, there was a line that said it was the King's revenge. So I think the story will twist a little longer before King will abdicate. And Seon Ho - is he good or is he bad? 

Oh I don’t watch previews coz I want to avoid spoilers. The director said during the second press conference that one character will have a twist at the end, I am guessing it’ll be Seon-ho. 

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

LOL if JH can play 4th lead why can’t WDH? He still has a long way to go, good opportunity to work with famous writer, grab the chance boy ! 

I personally think it's also absurd that JH plays 4th lead in a drama.:w00t: 

On the serious note for last few years KES has been casting highly popular as well as talented actors to compensate for quality of the script. In her last drama Yoo Yeon-Sook and Byun Yo Han agreed to be 2nd and 3rd leads because with KES's popularity nobody can say no to her dramas(except Won Bin:lol:). WDH being second lead is actually a great offer for him. But I just don't like LMH and find his acting weak. While other cast members of this new drama are much stronger. Not just this KES has also repeated her leading man which I think is rare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Can you believe it that episode 11 and 12 were the only episodes I did not fast forward but I still must rant about episode 12.

There was so much fighting but when it came to Bang Won fighting (with Seon Ho), it was so short. The only satisfaction I got was seeing Bang Won drew the sword and kill Nam Jeon. Can we not waste Bang Won armour looking outfit, let him fight longer! :triumph:

And what happened in between scenes. When Bang Won was at the pavilion giving Hwi instruction to go kill Nam Jeon, his face was clean. But when he re appeared again on screen, his face got blood stain. Who did he fight with to have so much cuts and blood stain on his face? Did I miss it or it was not shown? 

The killing of Crown Prince was so not exciting! He is the Crown Prince, come on, make it a little more tense! We are going to kill the Crown Prince here. Make it more exciting. Haiz!   

I haven't seen the episodes yet- fell asleep twice while trying to watch the beginning of ep 11. That's what happens when JH is not on screen soon enough...:D But what you are describing sounds right considering how this show has been till now- bad editing, bad continuity and missing scenes. The interesting thing is that in all the comments I'm seeing on twitter and IG no one is mentioning that. Which is similar to what happened when the entire scene leading to the fight in the forest protecting the queen went missing. And to that I will say- this show is so lucky to have JH. His acting is so epic that he manages to distract from all the shows goofs. I guess people think that they are confused just because JH's performance is so mind-blowing! :joy:

So instead the show makes sure the only epic fights will be between the leads because they're the leads. But I saw a comment on the My country forum saying that even those fight scenes are anti-climatic since the viewer already knows nothing will happen to them until the last episodes, so those scenes fall flat. And I agree with that- trying to make us think either of the leads or YBW are dead or going to die is waste of time, especially YBW as he is a known historical figure. This is why I thought the way they did the scheme of YBW pretending to be dead was idiotic- all the viewers know he's not going to die, so what is the point? And again the only thing that distracted the audience from the obvious and made that whole episode epic was JH's acting.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Me!!! I love it! Creepy and my type of genre.

If it's creepy then deal is sealed for me.:P

Actually I've also started watching Chinese drama Nirvana on Fire because everybody around me has been raving about it for years. I'm just in 3rd episode but nobody told me I'll be watching flying martial artists. 

I find lengthy dramas overwhelming so I've decided to put it on the hold for a while and start the OCN drama. 

Has anybody watched Nirvana on Fire? It seems like a good drama and also has great reviews. Should I complete it?

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

The interesting thing is that in all the comments I'm seeing on twitter and IG no one is mentioning that. 

I think no one complains because no one expects more scenes of Bangwon since he is not the lead. The audience just fills the blank as its usually the case. To a certain extent I “understand” the argument that pretending certain characters are dying when we know they can’t die yet is anticlimactic but then that would apply to every work of fiction ever. Just because we know Daegil can’t die until the end, doesn’t mean we are not moved by the hanging scene or the torture scene. Same here, I was interested in knowing why Hwi shot arrows at BW, I never thought BW was going to die, but I was intrigued, is he faking? Did he get hurt for real? Etc 

• Like 3

‘My Country' Jang Hyuk, proves a Lee Bang-won by his acting alone 

In the 12th episode of "My Country," which aired on 9 Nov, Lee Bang-won (played by Jang Hyuk), vented his frustrations over his unrecognized efforts as both a subject and a son, decided to cut off his father-to-son  relationship with Lee Sung-gye. By destroying the bridge, he signalled the beginning of the First Strife of the Princes.

At this time, Jang Hyuk expressed his earnest desire for the king's approval and his father's praise through his eyes only, showing all his longing, will and agonizing emotions, bringing a new breath into the character of Lee Bang-won, dubbed as the "Lord of Blood," to perfectly express Jang Hyuk's version of Lee Bang-won.

Then, at the ending, when Lee Bang-won was watching Lee Seong-gye sobbing while holding the body of Bang-seok, his hand was seen to be shaking even though he had achieved what he wanted, showing the character's emptiness despite his success. The breathless performance makes the drama more immersive and electrifying.

Attention is being paid to how Jang Hyuk, who proved his own version of Lee Bang-won by his acting alone, will continue to play Lee Bang-won in the drama.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111258931

201911101326778261_5dc792d51ebc5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I haven't seen the episodes yet- fell asleep twice while trying to watch the beginning of ep 11. That's what happens when JH is not on screen soon enough...:D

Ep 11 was bearable for me. The veterans are all out in full force with their acting. Lol. But I had to rant about ep 12 as you saw. :sweat:

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But what you are describing sounds right considering how this show has been till now- bad editing, bad continuity and missing scenes.

I guess being JH fans, we have been used to "details" :sweat_smile:but this show we are missing much on details and we try to piece one and one together it still doesn't tally.  

11 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

The interesting thing is that in all the comments I'm seeing on twitter and IG no one is mentioning that. Which is similar to what happened when the entire scene leading to the fight in the forest protecting the queen went missing. And to that I will say- this show is so lucky to have JH. His acting is so epic that he manages to distract from all the shows goofs. I guess people think that they are confused just because JH's performance is so mind-blowing! :joy:

I am not sure is it just me, or just you and me or some of us, who have an issue with the writing. I know some people are fine with the writing as in, it is written like this so we accept it is written like this. Thankfully JH is in this so each time he appears on sceen, people forget what happens to the bad writing. 

11 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So instead the show makes sure the only epic fights will be between the leads because they're the leads. But I saw a comment on the My country forum saying that even those fight scenes are anti-climatic since the viewer already knows nothing will happen to them until the last episodes, so those scenes fall flat.

The fighting between Hwi and Seon Ho is not that epic either. I hate scenes like they fight, their sword intertwine, and they stare at each other for a long time. Waste time! On the contrary, the fight between Bang Won and Seon Ho is worth watching. Bang Won is so swift that before you can watch it properly, it is over. I had to go back again to watch this scene. Yes, show is trying to tell us that Bang Won is a super good fighter and he can put Seon Ho down in seconds but please, it was too fast. At least do a "slow motion" to show the fighting.   

I know I rant about this earlier but still I want to rant again. The killing of the Crown Prince. I had to go back to watch it again because I didn't see who is the killer :o It's like struck by lightning speed. So much so that this important scene, killing the Crown Prince is so insignificant. 

23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

And again the only thing that distracted the audience from the obvious and made that whole episode epic was JH's acting.

That's why people are fine with the bad writing, bad editing. That scene when he re appeared with a bloody face is like the scene in the forest. You ask yourself what happen before this? JH definitely deserve an award as Bang Won. I wish the people who wants to produce a historical drama like this, should make it longer so that the story is told properly and not like this, when we have to guess what happened. Sorry I just got frustrated watching ep 12.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Actually I've also started watching Chinese drama Nirvana on Fire because everybody around me has been raving about it for years. I'm just in 3rd episode but nobody told me I'll be watching flying martial artists. 

I find lengthy dramas overwhelming so I've decided to put it on the hold for a while and start the OCN drama. 

Has anybody watched Nirvana on Fire? It seems like a good drama and also has great reviews. Should I complete it?

I have. It is 50 episodes. I watched it because of actor Hu Ge. I became a fan of him after watching The Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008 which was one of his masterpiece or maybe is his masterpiece. His chemistry with Ariel Lin was superb. 

C drama "flying around" is quite normal. :expressionless:It is a good drama but it also is overwhelming to watch with so many revenge and so many who and who and who that get you confused. Good luck watching!   

If you like the actor Hu Ge, if you haven't watched Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008, I suggest you watch that one. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Me again!!! Yes you should continue. I watched it years ago. Can't remember much..my gut feeling tells me you should continue.

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Me again!!! Yes you should continue. I watched it years ago. Can't remember much..my gut feeling tells me you should continue.

I often wonder it would be nice if JH can act a 仙侠 type of drama, like those in C drama, flying around type. Immortal. He would look super good in all white long gown. Usually the immortal are superb in martial arts. And they fly too so horses are not needed. :sweat_smile:You know, the story similar to "The Journey of Flower" that type. :grimace: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

20 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I often wonder it would be nice if JH can act a 仙侠 type of drama, like those in C drama, flying around type. Immortal. He would look super good in all white long gown. Usually the immortal are superb in martial arts. And they fly too so horses are not needed. :sweat_smile:You know, the story similar to "The Journey of Flower" that type. :grimace: 

U want to see him fly? Here u go 

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

‘My Country’ ep 12 Knetz comments

I am so proud to be his fan. I am so happy for him. Knetz considering him as a reincarnation of Lee Bang Won is a great compliment. I am so excited to watch this after it ends. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1