Su Ae 수애 | Soo AE

71e

On 12/11/2016 at 11:47 AM, Floral Lee said:

I like Soo Ae since I watched Mask last year. Ju Ji Hoon and her really brought out the show. Since then, I have watched Queen of Ambition and Thousand Day Promises. I would say she was really good in these dramas, and also beautiful. She looks a bit different from other Korean actresses. Maybe it is the charisma. When I started watching Sweet Stranger and Me, I have high hopes as all her previous dramas have done pretty well. However, after the first few episodes, the ratings started to fall. I can understand why. There are simply too many subplots and too many irritating characters in the drama. Even the second leads are just like bystanders sometimes. The male lead sometimes looks quite cute but sometimes I feel his acting can be better.  And his presence on screen is also not very strong. I wonder whether is that also a reason. Why does Soo Ae not act with top actors nowadays? Comparing her to Jeon Ji Hyun or Song Hye Kyo, she doesn't lose out to them at all, or even better.  Frankly speaking, for a drama to succeed, the oppas are actually very important. I was really hoping at the beginning that the lead actor in this drama was Jo In Sung, Hyun Bin or even Ji Chang Wook. But that was only a dream. Maybe her low profile character does play a part here. 

I kept on sighing as I watched the drama. The writer has created a mess out of the whole show. But I would still continue watching to support the actors. Hopefully, they will have better luck to work with the top writers in kdrama....

Same sentiments, though. Although the drama has slowly fell apart, I continued watching it because of Soo Ae. Hehe. Hopefully she'll be back in a small or big screen as nowadays it's really hard for middle-aged actresses to keep their popularity.. Better script and storyline for our Soo Ae!!! 

So now this drama is over, time to wait for her next project news.  For me SooAe is always  my favourite when she plays serious roles. And i hope to see her team up with same age or older partner. I have my list of favourites to be her next partners, so I'm praying and hoping if my wish will come true.  I think there's plenty of materials for older actresses, i see other older actresses doing one drama after another, so still opportunities. 

For this drama, the scene that put me off is when she was drunk with shovel, lots of people like that scene, but i don't. I just find it's weird.

And they have the making of  the kiss. And seems like no NGs, make me wonder if  it's the same with Mask famous court house kiss? Soo ae is a pro isn't she? :)

• Like 3

Soo Ae has the habit of going overseas after finishing filming for every drama/film. A Korean fan met her in Prague that time after filming of Take Off 2. I also read somewhere that she went to Hawaii after the filming of Mask. Don't know where she is off now? There was this Korean variety that invited journalists to talk about celebrities. And the reporter said Soo Ae likes to do backpack traveling on her own, with the help of GPS. I really admire her. Actually, besides looking forward to news of her new project, I am also hoping for good news of her personal life :) 

• Like 3

New fan here..

is there an english subbed version of her interview in Golden Fishery ( Knee Drop Guru)...? 

She really doesn't grant a lot of personal interviews... except for movie or drama promotions...  And mostly they don't have english subs..

so..hoping for a link...

thanks and Happy New Year to everybody here..

31 minutes ago, bee8888 said:

New fan here..

is there an english subbed version of her interview in Golden Fishery ( Knee Drop Guru)...? 

She really doesn't grant a lot of personal interviews... except for movie or drama promotions...  And mostly they don't have english subs..

so..hoping for a link...

thanks and Happy New Year to everybody here..

I think she has more interviews in her earlier days as an actress. Nowadays, she grants interviews mostly for movies but I did not see any post drama interviews , such as Mask or Sweet Stranger and Me. 

I did not find any eng sub interview for Knee Drop Guru but I have watched the Chinese sub one. Basically, the interview was on several parts : 

Pre-acting days :

She was originally intending to become a rapper, together with some friends, in an idol group after graduating from high school. But she needed to pay the agency some money to join the training as an idol. After half a year, she was approached by her current agency boss to become an actress. She took 2 months to consider and accepted the offer. So she did not become an idol but an actress in the end. She came from a family where her father worked as a cobbler or a shoe polisher (I am unsure which one). So the family was not well to do. She cried as she talked about her father. 

Acting days:

She said her mother and younger brother wanted her to quit in the beginning as her acting was unnatural. But she told them she would quit after she has earned enough money to buy a house for her family. So after some time, she was a successful actress and the story goes. She said she was the elder daughter so she has a responsibility to take care of the family. She also said that she did not go to university also partly due to her family financial circumstances then. During her early acting days, there were rumours that she did not greet the senior actors. The reporters were around and words got around, labelling her rude. She clarified that she was timid and thought that nobody took notice of her then so she did not really socialize around. She said if a younger actor did things like that now, she may also find it inappropriate so she could understand the controversy. With more confidence now, she now takes the initiative to greet others first. She also apologised to Lee Byun Hyun because she said that when he wanted to talk to her, she did not respond but just blushed. She said that she should communicate with him more but because she was afraid she may fall for him because he was too charming. (I was wondering what happened. Hahaha...) 

Love life: 

She was in a relationship before acting, The person was her senior, I think. She said that  she has two relationships so far. The host asked her if any of the actors has shown affection for her since she is beautiful. She replied that there were but she always drew a boundary before it happened. 

So basically that was it. Happy New Year. 

• Like 3

Guest BrisaBreeze

If you remember, during the Sweet Stranger and Me filming, Oh Yeon Seo sent Su Ae a food truck to support her. Now it's Su Ae's turn to show her support! :) She sent OYS food trucks to her drama filming set last week. Aren't they so sweet to each other? :wub:

Source:  ohvely22

Source:  churrokingtruck