Su Ae 수애 | Soo AE

71e

Hi, chingudeul~

Newbie here :) SSAM made me watch all SA's dramas and movies :D I really love her acting!!! She's now my top actress in Korea, I must say. It's unfortunate I didn't get to know her way before I visited Korea as I saw that she has an event last yr of Dec 2015 where fans are welcome. Anyway, all the best to her and her fandoms!!! I hope she'll take a new role this coming 2017. 

• Like 1

Guest BrisaBreeze

Hello and welcome to the thread!

Aww, you were so lucky to be that close to her, even though you didn't see her in person. lol. But I consider it as one of the closest chances to meet her. I will be in Korea for a couple of days after Sweet Stranger and Me ends. I hope she has an event or something there. *finger crossed* :D

Sweet Stranger and Me

Episode 11 Preview

Source:  KBS 한국방송 (MyloveKBS)

1480310738-17_zps3qhlliys.jpg

1480294706-12_zpsqnzqwrvy.jpg

2016112700275_0_zpsu3xughih.jpg

And Su Ae's 10 sweet smiles.

1480118403-98_zpscawqlpgv.jpg

Source: Top Star News & The Star

Oh, I'm surprised to see the drama got nominated for some kind of awards considering the rating had been pretty bad. I thought it might get the cut, but it was safe, and next week will be saying goodbye. 

When was the last time she went to the big television award show? Can't remember maybe long long ago. It will be interesting to see if she attends this year. She may not win anything because you know popularity wins .., but how about showing support to the drama team? Just thinking..:)

Guest BrisaBreeze

Well, I think I never saw her attending any drama award show since I've been her fan. lol. And it's been like 7-8 years already. I don't know, but I think we have to wait a little longer. Maybe next year if she has a new drama? But I do hope that she attends the ceremony with the cast this year too.

As for 2016 KBS Drama Awards, you guys can vote for her here. As well as the best couple award here. Btw, don't forget to vote on Dramabeans as well. :D

Sweet Stranger and Me

Source:  KBS 한국방송 (MyloveKBS)

I like Soo Ae since I watched Mask last year. Ju Ji Hoon and her really brought out the show. Since then, I have watched Queen of Ambition and Thousand Day Promises. I would say she was really good in these dramas, and also beautiful. She looks a bit different from other Korean actresses. Maybe it is the charisma. When I started watching Sweet Stranger and Me, I have high hopes as all her previous dramas have done pretty well. However, after the first few episodes, the ratings started to fall. I can understand why. There are simply too many subplots and too many irritating characters in the drama. Even the second leads are just like bystanders sometimes. The male lead sometimes looks quite cute but sometimes I feel his acting can be better.  And his presence on screen is also not very strong. I wonder whether is that also a reason. Why does Soo Ae not act with top actors nowadays? Comparing her to Jeon Ji Hyun or Song Hye Kyo, she doesn't lose out to them at all, or even better.  Frankly speaking, for a drama to succeed, the oppas are actually very important. I was really hoping at the beginning that the lead actor in this drama was Jo In Sung, Hyun Bin or even Ji Chang Wook. But that was only a dream. Maybe her low profile character does play a part here. 

I kept on sighing as I watched the drama. The writer has created a mess out of the whole show. But I would still continue watching to support the actors. Hopefully, they will have better luck to work with the top writers in kdrama....

• Like 1