Choi Woo Shik 최우식

Guest jaerin07

Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"Choi Woo Shik would sign up for a season 2 of Fool's Love in a heartbeat

by Rara Pop on Thu, Apr 09, 2015

Hogu.png

Choi Woo Shik recently did an interview with Star News regarding his completed drama Fool's Love. He gushed about how grateful he was to have been UEE's on-screen boyfriend in this fun and heartwarming show. He also added that "If they ever make a season 2, only UEE has to give permission," showing that he would love to make a comeback as the adorable Ho Gu.

Screen_Shot_2015-03-12_at_10.02.50_PM.pn

Regarding his pairing with UEE, Choi Woo Shik only had good things to say.

"UEE noona doesn't have a boyfriend right now. I'm not in a relationship either, so I was happy that I'd be dating UEE noona in the drama. I dated her vicariously through my character in the drama. When else would I ever have the chance to date UEE noona? It wasn't actual dating, but personally, I was happy. UEE noona probably didn't like it too much, but I was satisfied."

He continued, "UEE noona helped me a lot. She even led the romantic scenes. I liked all the romantic scenes I had with UEE noona, like the kiss scene or the hug scene. I want to work with UEE noona again. If they ever make a season 2, only noona has to give her permission."

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/choi-woo-shik-would-sign-up-for-a-season-2-of-fools-love-in-a-heartbeat/

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"Choi Woo Sik Talks About Love And 'Fool's Love'

BY Julie Jones | Apr 09, 2015 01:21 PM EDT   

Choi Woo Sik and Im Seulong

Choi Woo Sik recently wrapped up his role in "Fool's Love, a drama in which he was loved by two people, the lawyer by Im Seulong and the professional swimmer played by played Uee.

Even though they used the device of mistaken identify, the drama dealt with some controversial issues, including homosexuality, in a more open way than k-dramas usually do. Im Seulong's character thought he loved Choi Woo Sik's character Ho Gu but he was basing his feelings on a kiss he once exchanged with Ho Gu's twin sister, played by Lee Soo Kyung. He thought that she was her twin brother and this led to confusion about his sexual preference. While that mistaken notion was played for laughs it lasted long enough for him to experience the fact that you cannot help who you love. Or the truth that some people are penalized for feelings they cannot help.

In a recent interview with Korean media outlet Star News, Choi Woo Sik spoke about working with his co-star Im Seulong and how much he enjoyed shooting their close and personal scenes.

In one of his favorite scenes, Im Seulong pushed him up against the wall to confront him about his feelings.

" It was fun," said Choi Woo Sik. "He's taller than me and it felt weird having his breath so close to my face. There were so many NG's and we laughed so much. It was weird but I would do it again. One more time?"

It's not the first time that a role he played led viewers to question his real life preferences so he wanted to be clear on the subject. It happened before when he appeared in "Rooftop Prince" with Park Yoochun.

"I was misunderstood a lot in 'Rooftop Prince' when I played the eunuch but I like women," he said. "It's not easy dealing with homosexuality in our country. It was only possible because it wasn't explicit. Please don't misunderstand."

Choi Woo Sik appeared in "Fated To Love You" and "Pride and Prejudice" before taking the starring role in "Fool's Love." He is now up for a role in the action horror film "Busan Bound," a film in which a virus turns people into zombies. Gong Yoo is also considering a role in the film, playing a man who is trapped on a train when zombies strike.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/81151/20150409/choi-woo-sik-talks-about-love-and-fools-love.htm

Guest adikkeluangman

The cast and crew for movie Busan Bound meet up for the first time yesterday. Posted on director Yeon Sang Ho twitter.
150415 디오 부산행!!! 고사!! CCnxp6MVAAAWQ-X.jpg
Gong Yoo, Ma Dong Seok, Choi Woo Shik, Ahn So Hee, Kim Soo Ahn and Kim Eui Sung were there. 
-----Seulong talks about his co-stars, 2AM, J.Y. Park, his ideal type, and more in interview
2AM member and actor Seulong shared all to Newsen, including his wrapped up drama 'Hogu's Love', about 2AM, J.Y.Park, and more.
About his 'Hogu's Love' co-star UEE, he said, "UEE and I are close because we've been in the industry together since she was very young. Since she lost weight, she got really pretty. I like her energy, and she's so kindhearted. I was affected a lot by her energy."
Some might have previously perceived actress Lee Soo Kyung in a negative light due to her statements at the press conference for 'Hogu's Love', but Seulong only had good things to say about her. He said, "Lee Soo Kyung and I are 9 years apart, but we match well. She's really good at acting. She puts in a lot of effort, and she was born with acting talent. It was really nice to be partners with her, and I received a lot of help too. After our kiss scene, we teased each other by saying 'Your skills are way above average.'"
CB_5ax2WYAALxdd.jpg

Seulong also talked about his character as a gay man and yet another kiss scene with co-star Choi Woo Shik. He said, "To be honest, when I filmed with Woo Shik, I burst out laughing just by looking at his face. For the romantic scenes, we acted them out in an exaggerated way for fun and had a lot of fun filming. For the kiss scene, Woo Shik really did fall asleep. It was obvious that he'd be tired because he filmed 22 hours a day. If Woo Shik was conscious during that scene, he probably wouldn't have been able to film it because it was so funny, but he kept sleeping. That's why we were able to film the scene easily. However, after seeing that scene, UEE said 'that's dirty.' To be honest, I was more nervous filming that kiss scene than I was filming the kiss scene with Soo Kyung."
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/04/seulong-talks-about-his-co-stars-2am-jy-park-his-ideal-type-and-more-in-interview
-----[Hogu's Love] Lee Soo Kyung, UEE, Choi Woo Shik, Lim Seul Ong.11060306_466115826875769_469379847841000

Guest adikkeluangman

[busan Bound] Couple shot of Choi Woo Shik and Sohee during the first dinner.
CCn7JBdUMAAPW2D.jpg

-----[Hogoo's Love] Hogu preparing bath for baby GD.1896979_467340233419995_8601181633325161

Guest adikkeluangman

Choi Woo Sik Posts Clarification About “​Controversial” Photo

Actor Choi Woo Sik has given an explanation after a picture that he posted on Instagram caused some confusion among fans.

The actor posted the clarification to his Instagram on April 29, saying, “I’m sorry for posting a picture that may have been misunderstood. The picture was of me imitating a gesture of a hip hop artist that I like called Drake. I didn’t intend any hidden meaning in the photo, but I’m very sorry for the confusion it has caused.”

The photo in question shows Choi Woo Shik as he scowls while making a strange hand gesture. After some netizens began to assert that the gesture was a symbol for the online community Ilbe, the actor removed the photo and posted the above apology.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/29/choi-woo-sik-posts-clarification-about-controversial-photo/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

2015 JYP NZ AUDITION from 최우식

He gave shout out for the audition. Why not he speak in English here.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

He never tweet anything instead shared pictures on his IG account. Hope everything is OK with him.

Guest adikkeluangman

Choi Woo Sik channe​ls his childlike playfulness in 'Big Issue'

'Big Issue' magazine dropped a few cute shots of actor Choi Woo Sik, who was recently in tvN's 'Hogu's Love,' on June 3.

The concept is appropriately called 'Let's play together,' showing his childlike playfulness with the help of bright colors and settings like a teal background and playground set. His adorable charms that are unique to himself radiate throughout this shoot.  

choi-woo-sik_1433367086_CWS.jpg

In the interview, he said, "There is one ambition that formed while I was filming the movie, 'Set Me Free.'  Young Jae, whom I acted out, did not have a lot of lines, so as I expressed the feelings he firmly kept in, I felt that, 'There must be something bigger than speaking.'  I want to try acting a part through sign language sometime."  That's a big challenge to set for himself!  This only shows his passion for acting and expression.  

Meanwhile, he plans to engage in filming for another movie, 'Busan Bound,' which has to do with zombies!

choi-woo-sik_1433367086_CWS2.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/choi-woo-sik-channels-his-childlike-playfulness-in-big-issue

Guest adikkeluangman

Another daily life photo of ‪#‎Choiwooshik‬ from his instagram! Thumbs up for those who are fascinated by his heartwarming look! :)

He such a bright boy and hope he will stay this way for a long time.

Guest adikkeluangman

Exclusive Interview With Choi Woo Shik of 'Fool's Love'!

While filming for the hotly anticipated movie 'Bound for Busan," co-star Choi Woo Shik found time to catch up with us and answer some of our questions.

- What excites you these days?
"Lately, I've been really into rock climbing. I'm on the slender side, so I think that's why I find it easier."

- Do you have plans for the summer? If you have, this is a chance for you to secretly reveal them...
"I think I will be in Busan a lot during the summer to shoot the movie. Since I really like Busan, it will feel just as if I was on vacation. Whether it is the climate or the food, I think it lacks nothing. See you all in Busan!"

- Aside from Korean and English, are there other languages you'd like to learn?
"If I get the chance, I would like to learn French or German. I think the accents of those languages are very charming."

- What is Choi Woo Shik's perfect date like?
"A date out on the streets, holding hands. I like active dates that involve nature, like camping, picnics, and fishing."

- Who's your ideal type of K-Pop girl group?
"A-Pink!! They're a really cute girl group."

- Have you made friends with other actors through your work?
"Definitely! So far, I've made friends with Park Seo Joon, Jung Suk Won, Choi Jae Hwan, Lee Shi Un, and many more. I tend to make friends with older guys. My trip to Southeast Asia with Seo Joon was especially fun and unforgettable."

- What's your most memorable scene from "Fool's Love"?
"My time with Geum Dong was particularly memorable. I was pretty worried because I'd never worked with babies before, but it felt healing just to be with him."

- How long did it take to get the "chick dance" right?
"Actually, that children's song was totally improvised on set, along with the dance!"

choi-woo-shik_GIF.gif

You portray Young Kuk in "Bound for Busan"—what is that character like?
"Young Kuk is a baseball player. He's a brave high school student who struggles to save people during a disaster caused by a strange virus."

- What're your future plans? What kind of roles would you like to play?
"For now I'm concentrating on the movie shoot, but I hope you'll be seeing me in a drama again soon! There isn't one particular character I'd like to play—instead, I'd like to find a role that I can play really well. I would like to show familiar acting that people don't find uncomfortable. I will continue to work hard in the future, so thank you for your continuing support!"

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions, Choi Woo Shik—we look forward to seeing "Bound for Busan"!

http://blog.viki.com/2015/05/exclusive-interview-with-choi-woo-shik.html

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

This is new interview with media but with no new picture. Maybe get ready for new project. It so long, hope there kind soul will translate this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

JYP′s First-Ever Male Band DAY6 to Debut on September 7

JYP confirmed it will be debuting its first-ever male band DAY6 on September 7. 

JYP released a music video teaser video for DAY6′s debut song Congratulations on its official YouTube channel on September 2. 

97373002.jpg

The teaser clip shows a man is on the subway who sees his girlfriend laughing with another man. The song′s intro plays in the background before leading into the chorus "Congratulations! You′re something else."

JYP actors Choi Woo Shik, Jang Hui Ryoung and Kang Yoon Je grab our attention as the stars in the music video. 

JYP stated, "DAY6 is a six-band member, made up of Do Woon (drums), Won Pil (synth-vocal), Jun Hyeok (keyboard-vocal), Jae (electric-vocal-rap), Sung Jin (electric-acoustic guitar-main vocal), Young K (bass-vocal-rap), who are not only talented vocalists, but are skilled in writing and composing songs. All of the DAY6 members participated in writing and composing the songs in their upcoming debut album The Day and plan to show the public a variety of sides, so we ask for your support and interest."

The lead single Congratulations was created by DAY6, producer Hong Ji Sang and collapsedone. It is an honest expression of one′s last words for a former lover who has found someone else. The ironic lyrics and a shift in the song halfway adds to its fresh appeal.

Meanwhile, DAY6′s first mini album The Day will be released on various music sites on September 7. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/97373/jyps-first-ever-male-band-day6-to-debut-on-september-7