[Drama 2012] I’ll Give You The Stars and The Moon / Moon and Stars For You 별도 달도 따줄게

mekeo117

Guest ladykimoto1125

Father Seo needs to realize that he is wasting MH by being so possessive. He will have to painfullly let go of MH.

Sharing a room with Father Seo and intruded by Grandma is no cup of tea, how long would MH put up with this situation? 

Is he doing this for his sake or for father Seo?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladykimoto1125

From the preview looks like MH is back in the Han's home and the company.

I feel so much better for him (and me), at least for now.

This role reversal incident is very hard to comprehend. Stripped of a job n a comfort zone, just because MH found his real parents. Utterly unfair, aim at real dad too. His obsession to possess his long lost son, is absurd. MH still misses his old dad, why can't they compromise? What irks too is MH is old enough to decide the path forward, why to be dictated by old fashioned mindset ? This typical K drama of wanting to control/ possess/ dictate terms on dunno archaic values really puts me of ! Seldom the word 'compassion' is displayed in kdrama

Guest ladykimoto1125

Come to think of it, MH was never in the comfort zone while living in the Han family because of mother Han. He may not have the luxury  when staying at father Seo's household but psychologically he has less stress. Poor MH, now he has to endure the chaotic situations in the Seo family during dinner time or anytime. This kind of situation he has never seen while living with the Han's. MH must feel like he is in "Alice in Wonderland". You should see the his facial expression  when the Seo's are going at each other. I have to say Ko Se-Won is really a good actor.

ladykimoto1125 said:

Come to think of it, MH was never in the comfort zone while living in the Han family because of mother Han. He may not have the luxury  when staying at father Seo's household but psychologically he has less stress. Poor MH, now he has to endure the chaotic situations in the Seo family during dinner time or anytime. This kind of situation he has never seen while living with the Han's. MH must feel like he is in "Alice in Wonderland". You should see the his facial expression  when the Seo's are going at each other. I have to say Ko Se-Won is really a good actor.

Agreed that Ko Se Won acted his role so well that one feels for his agony wanting to belong somewhere. The Han father loves him and depended on his loyalty with the company. Seo father wanted back his long lost son, of course that's natural. Just like in the song 'Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool...' Since his young life was brought up by the Seo, it must have been difficult to adapt to a big and noisy family. The issues of upbringing versus genetic behaviour comes to light here. He had a different environment while growing up, that he did not have this easygoing raucous traits of his father Seo at all. Despite mother Han cold treatment, he did not lack a father figure and love from CH in his daily life too. But I suppose this concept of 'duty calls' that spurred him to go back to his roots. What baffled me in this K drama is that he is an adult, not a kid. Han father should just allow the status quo to remain, and he get to know the Seo in his own time and everyone accept the unique situation in due course. Maybe this is culture where a patriarch wants to exert his territory and authority. In 21 century, it is difficult to put in practice. Filial piety is earned and not forced at, I should think.

I can relate to Seo father's desire to have MH with him.  Being a military man who is very traditional, he would expect MH to be the next in line in the family tree and not JW (CW's husband).  MH should learn from JW and CW how to handle their father.  Despite their father's bad temper, he is quite a softie (in my opinion)

Now, I am wondering whether mother Han will accept MH back into their house?

i'm beginning to feel wary of the way this drama is unfolding lately since the focus is on minyeok...imo they should add more sweet couple moments for jw and cw coz  she is in her interesting stage....

Guest ladykimoto1125

JW and CW  will have their sweet moment in due time. Right now CW has to pay attention to her up coming battle against her uncle.

Guest noraradzi

Only one thing i can say here, the koreans are still very deep in tradition and culture. I love to watch their family bonding and during meal time how everybody will eat together and all those korean cuisine always look temting and makes me hungry.....

imo this drama will end at 120 episodes since the new drama will start early november...i hope they will extend this drama up to 130 episodes coz i will surely miss it...

Do I sense a reluctance by MH to meet father Han? Father Seo sort of apologise for forcing the son MH to make a painful choice. Now KJ is coming back strong..what, she should have been phased out of the story. Her presence spells trouble! Can MH really be a handyman, he grew up not having to do menial work, n yet he is plastering n getting his hands n face in dirt ??? I like him in a wheeling and dealing mode, suits his profile better. He has a calming influence n very suitable in corporate world. Puts the uncle on his toes, just a glance from MH , n uncle felt threatened.

Guest ladykimoto1125

My guess is that KJ has not be phased out of the story because she will be a witness against  Ch's uncle, at the last minute, With all these years working, MH must have savings and he could find other jobs. MH's handyman situation is for KJ to see and for her to reflect on the harm she had done to MH, and that would be one of  the motivations for her to turn against uncle.

This is still not good enough reason for them to get back together. They can be friends but not as a couple(I hope).  

Chances are, MH and CH will run the company as father Han has hoped.

florence99 said: ladykimoto1125 said:

Archived