Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

4 minutes ago, mintea18 said:

We've been waiting for 9 months, 2 more months won't be too long haha. I'm so excited already! (A little worry about the casting though, hope it will turn out fine ^_^)

It's true!! We have been camping here in this thread for quite some time, right? Haha.. got so excited this week, so end up with watching the clips of JI again :wink: Still unbeatable as my favorite kdrama of all time and korean actor :) 

Hopefully there are more news on the Two Cops and a special thread for the drama later on :D 

• Like 5

Still busy filming Drug King.......filming in summer wearing that trench coat must be super hot!  Fighting, JungSuk-ssi :wub:

@mintea18 Am ready to set up tent at the Two Cops thread!  Let's go :D  But how to spazz when there's still no leading lady? Hehe....why don't they just cast Park Min Young since she just said in her recent interview that she would like to work with her agency-oppa, JJS  "함께 연기해보고 싶은 배우에 대해서 박민영은 같은 소속사 식구인 조정석을 꼽으며 “로코에서 조정석 오빠를 만나고 싶다”고 입을 열었다.".......she also mentioned that after acting in mostly melodramatic roles, she wants to be in a rom-com!  Two Cops is a romcom and JJS is the leading man.......wonder if she's hinting to the casting god out there!?!:rolleyes:

Source

Just finished watching Seven Day Queen with PMY as the titular character and boy, this actress sure knows how to cry bucketful of tears and her acting and chemistry with the two male leads, and with her nanny was just amazing to watch! PMY was so good in the drama and would love to see her act opposite uri JJS :wink:

• Like 3

Thanks so much @Go Seung Ji for the thread Two Cops! 

Let's go camping there @mintea18 @kenjo80!!

I agree for PMY as the leading lady. I think I put her as one potential candidate for JJS leading lady in some posts in this thread in the early 2017. I like her in Healer. I also like the Seven day queen, she has very good chemistry with both guys. I actually like more the interaction of PMY and LDG there. I can imagine JJS super powerful acting with her :D 

Btw have any of you watched The Fatal Encounter? I haven't watched it. If I'm not mistaken JJS is the villain there? I just found this MV in Youtube, seems it's from The Fatal Encounter. CMIIW. He seems so "different" here :), still charming though *so bias because of being his fans :wink: 

• Like 4

On 8/11/2017 at 9:08 AM, kenjo80 said:

Still busy filming Drug King.......filming in summer wearing that trench coat must be super hot!  Fighting, JungSuk-ssi :wub:

@mintea18 Am ready to set up tent at the Two Cops thread!  Let's go :D  But how to spazz when there's still no leading lady? Hehe....why don't they just cast Park Min Young since she just said in her recent interview that she would like to work with her agency-oppa, JJS  "함께 연기해보고 싶은 배우에 대해서 박민영은 같은 소속사 식구인 조정석을 꼽으며 “로코에서 조정석 오빠를 만나고 싶다”고 입을 열었다.".......she also mentioned that after acting in mostly melodramatic roles, she wants to be in a rom-com!  Two Cops is a romcom and JJS is the leading man.......wonder if she's hinting to the casting god out there!?!:rolleyes:

Source

Just finished watching Seven Day Queen with PMY as the titular character and boy, this actress sure knows how to cry bucketful of tears and her acting and chemistry with the two male leads, and with her nanny was just amazing to watch! PMY was so good in the drama and would love to see her act opposite uri JJS :wink:

@kenjo80 @mundaliv I like JJS and PMY's friendship. Her acting in dramas is very natural... If PMY becomes JJS's leading lady there's nothing more I could ask for..... Since she said she would like to work with JJS in a rom-com, there's no reason not to cast her in "Two Cops"! *keep finger crossed*

You're right @mundaliv, that MV is from "The Fatal Encounter" and he played the villain in it... It's not my liking, but the movie shows us more of the versatile actor JJS. He was full of charisma. His eyes acting always gets me :D I like his other saeguk "The Face Reader" more. He got many awards for his role in it. Check it out if you haven't yet :wink:

• Like 3

@mintea18 finally I finished Fatal Encounter because of the MV. Not my liking too, that's why I never managed to watch more than 10 minutes previously. But out of my curiosity of the dialogue of JJS in this movie, finally watched it :D Sageuk and korean movie are not really my thing (prefer kdrama more). So need really time and mood to watch this combination, though lately I watch more sageuks in comparison with last years. I haven't watched Face Reader as well, I think I'll watch it in these days. 

Seeing him as assassin with some emotional conflict really shows how he is such a great of actor :) Always like his eyes acting!! 

• Like 3

I watched the Fatal Encounter.  As i watched Yi San before so I sort of understood the part of the show they wanted to protray.  The story shows the complexity of the people in the kingdom... it even inject lives to the assassin (eg. Jo Jung Suk) into multi-dimensional person.   But without much history knowledge, the show feels too "artistic".

• Like 3

@tok-soompi You're right. Sageuk movies require knowledge of Korean history/culture. So it isn't as easy for international viewers to watch them as it is for Korean viewers... I've only watched 2 sageuk movies so far because they have JJS :)

Hi @Catherine Kim I think that pic was taken when he was filming "Jealousy Incarnate" (??), cause his look here really reminds me of Lee Hwa Shin. But I'm not really sure. Anyone has other idea?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Catherine Kim said:

@mintea18  Maybe is from "Jealousy"... But this child looks older than in the drama :(

Yeah, the child isn't Bummy. I don't know the exact time that pic was taken but I'm sure it's not recent, maybe last year or a couple of years ago :tongue:

Miss Hwashin and Bummy... :)

giphy.gif

Cr: as tagged

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Catherine Kim said:

Hello:) Does anyone know where this picture was taken? Shooting a film or drama?:wacko:

S6SOR9O-IYg.jpg

16 hours ago, mintea18 said:

@tok-soompi You're right. Sageuk movies require knowledge of Korean history/culture. So it isn't as easy for international viewers to watch them as it is for Korean viewers... I've only watched 2 sageuk movies so far because they have JJS :)

Hi @Catherine Kim I think that pic was taken when he was filming "Jealousy Incarnate" (??), cause his look here really reminds me of Lee Hwa Shin. But I'm not really sure. Anyone has other idea?  ^_^

He is not JI's Beom!  I remember this child actor appeared in Goblin....so, I googled and voila, his name is Jung Ji-Hoon (Source). Looking at this boy's filmography, he was also in JJS's My Annoying Brother as young D.O.!!  Omo, I don't remember seeing this child actor as young Doo Young in the movie........it must have been a very brief appearance :wink:

@mintea18 I have not watched Fatal Encounter as I did not like the idea that JJS plays a villain!  I have watched quite a few sageuk movies and dramas and the latest one is Seven Day Queen which is one of my favourites so far.  Dropped The King Loves after 2 eps. And of course my favourite sageuk movie is The Face Reader.....watched it again recently on tvN Movies channel.  JJS and Song Kang Ho have such great chemistry!  My Annoying Brother is scheduled to be aired on tvN Movies channel sometime end of this month and I will re-watch to check this child actor out as the young Doo Young :D

• Like 4

@kenjo80  JJS's performance in The Face Reader is totally jaw-dropping! Had to watch this movie 2 times because of him and of course his chemistry/bromance with Song Kang Ho! Imagine seeing these two together again and do promotion for "Drug King" :rolleyes:

I don't remember seeing the child actor in Hyung too... Maybe his scene got cut? Watching SDQ and enjoying it so far :tongue: PMY's acting is very good in it. But does it have a happy ending?

• Like 3

@Catherine Kim  The boy looks is really familiar. Perhaps because he appears in Goblin like @kenjo80 said? 

I watched The Fatal Encounter finally because I was curious after watching the MV. Although Jung Suk is the assassin there, but I won't say that he is the real villain. He is a victim also. He has so many layers and emotional touch of his character. I was surprised myself watching it. But I don't want to watch the movie again, too scary!!!

Better enjoying Lee Hwa Shin :wink: Seems can't get enough of episode 8 of JI, Hwa Shin singing with Na Ri :) 

@kenjo80 The King Loves is not good? Haven't tried to watch it. 

@mintea18 SDQ is addictive! It would be great if PMY could partner with JJS in a drama, either romcom or melodrama. I think their chemistry will be awesome :D 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jinny_jw said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nemonanst/status/897659229632376832

just found Chojungsuk's HD photo at Baeksang Arts Award 

Chef and Nabong :blush: 

@Jinny_jw let me post the HD pics here :D  Thanks for sharing!

XeBwGlP.jpgIS0fViY.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Aww....seeing these pics and how great their on-screen (and off-screen!) chemistry was in OMG, how I wish they would partner up again.......this time, JJS as the possessed cop :tongue:  and coming on to PBY (as the feisty reporter) incessantly....hahaha!  That would be such a treat for my eyes!  A fan can dream, can't I?:rolleyes:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mundaliv said:

@Catherine Kim  The boy looks is really familiar. Perhaps because he appears in Goblin like @kenjo80 said? 

I watched The Fatal Encounter finally because I was curious after watching the MV. Although Jung Suk is the assassin there, but I won't say that he is the real villain. He is a victim also. He has so many layers and emotional touch of his character. I was surprised myself watching it. But I don't want to watch the movie again, too scary!!!

Better enjoying Lee Hwa Shin :wink: Seems can't get enough of episode 8 of JI, Hwa Shin singing with Na Ri :) 

@kenjo80 The King Loves is not good? Haven't tried to watch it. 

@mintea18 SDQ is addictive! It would be great if PMY could partner with JJS in a drama, either romcom or melodrama. I think their chemistry will be awesome :D 

@mundaliv oh wow, after reading your comments (and the others too) about Fatal Encounter, I might just watch it one of these days!  Am not feeling the leads in The King Loves in the first two episodes, maybe it gets better since the reviews have been pretty good.........am a big fan of Im Siwan in Misaeng but in TKL, the Goryeo prince character has not captivated me enough for me to carry on watching.....go watch it for yourself, you may like it (it's another love triangle plot.........I must say I prefer the two male leads in SDQ).

• Like 3