Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

17 hours ago, soulgirl012 said:

Awww~ Where's PNR? It feels like 1/2 the pie's missing without her at the award show! Pls show up at SBS award show!

To fill that 1/2 empty bottle, here's something that'll cheer us up!

Who do you choose? JJS or GKP? Keke~

@soulgirl012 I think when asked the same question in another interview a few days later, GHJ answered GKP!!  She said she likes to change her mind and I was like :sweatingbullets: hmmmmmm, why the change of heart so fast??  Even her co-star was surprised by her answer. 

Anyway, really hope GHJ will not do another MIA tomorrow.:crazy:

1 hour ago, Jy Jy said:

@kenjo80: yeahhhh, I don't understand why not Gong Hyo Jin in even, but her image at No. 7 :cry:

She must have her reasons for not turning up at the Top Star Award ceremony :vicx:  Wonder if someone else received her award on her behalf.

• Like 3

Another one from dramabeans 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/2016-year-in-review-part-7-editors-picks/

BEST COMEDY

jealousy_comedy.jpg

Jealousy Incarnate

festerfaster: Jealousy Incarnate wasn’t just a funny drama. It was a heart-wrenchingly personal story of two people battling through their weaknesses that kept you laughing through its darkest moments. It annihilated its hero’s vanity, while celebrating the heroine’s determination to face every embarrassment and humiliation head-on. It plumbed the ridiculousness of human foibles to strip its characters of their pretensions, and then hit us with confrontations so raw that it left us bleeding. And through it all, it kept the humor of the situation glaringly alive, so that you chuckled even as your heart ached for Hwa-shin and Na-ri.

He was childish and proud. She bore every indignity with grace and patience. This woman who had never let embarrassment keep her from doing her job was the only one who could weather Hwa-shin’s vitriol and get through to the man behind the wounding words. Some of the hardest laughs the show earned were during intensely poignant moments, when boiling emotions spilled over in hilarious but touching monologues. And oh, how glorious was the comeuppance, and how satisfying the revenge was when prideful Hwa-shin suddenly found that Na-ri had become the center of his petty world.

For Best Actor, Jo Jung Suk is one of honorable mentions. 

• Like 5

@mundaliv - Yay, Best Comedy of the Year!!  JJS is indeed one of the top, if not the top, actors for 2016 and no one else can portray the Hwa Shin character as only JJS can......he is such a versatile actor with an expressive body (and facial expressions) that can project a vast range of emotions from jealousy to anger to despair to love and more.....and on top of that, he is one hot kisser!!!

4 hours ago, Jy Jy said:

Could you please translate. Thanks :blush:

@ Kenjo80 

@Jy Jy - can't understand the whole conversation, mianhae!  Don't think they mentioned GHJ's name but I think the lady MC asked if he would do a melo in 2017 and he answered he would like to. To end the interview, she asked for a hug from JJS.......she said it's her 소원 wish!  Awww, it's every fan's wish to be hugged by him :)  And YESSSSSS, a melo in 2017 would be the perfect follow-up drama after JI....hope the writers and producers out there take note of this and cast him in a melo role for his next project!

• Like 4

Jo Jung-suk promotes English education

XPhJ7Nk.jpg

Jo Jung-suk, who played the older brother to EXO’s D.O. in the film “My Annoying Brother” and appeared as a merman in “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” is promoting English education.

Jo became the official face of Yanadoo, an English private education institute, in November. 

Yanadoo’s Instagram account revealed model shots of the 36-year-old and a minute-long commercial clip, in which Jo makes full use of his cheeky charms as he throws the promotional lines like a playful older brother. 

Heaving a sigh of exasperation, Jo begins, “Is your new year’s resolution mastering English conversation, too?”

“Are you good at English? Do you like studying? No, you aren’t, and no, you don’t. So don’t pain yourself studying the big words you will never use in real life,” Jo says, emphasizing the need to get comfortable speaking the foreign language by using simple vocabulary.

News

Actually, the CF video is more like a "reenactment" of HwaShin giving audition tips to NaRi in the stairwell in ep 14. Obviously, the reporter of this article has not watched JI :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kenjo80 said:

@mundaliv - Yay, Best Comedy of the Year!!  JJS is indeed one of the top, if not the top, actors for 2016 and no one else can portray the Hwa Shin character as only JJS can......he is such a versatile actor with an expressive body (and facial expressions) that can project a vast range of emotions from jealousy to anger to despair to love and more.....and on top of that, he is one hot kisser!!!

@Jy Jy - can't understand the whole conversation, mianhae!  Don't think they mentioned GHJ's name but I think the lady MC asked if he would do a melo in 2017 and he answered he would like to. To end the interview, she asked for a hug from JJS.......she said it's her 소원 wish!  Awww, it's every fan's wish to be hugged by him :)  And YESSSSSS, a melo in 2017 would be the perfect follow-up drama after JI....hope the writers and producers out there take note of this and cast him in a melo role for his next project!

So agree with you about JJS's acting. And did Dramagod hear our wishes? Can we really see him in a melo in 2017?? Angsty JJS is so addicting, and seem like many Korean audiences feel the same too! I have a good feeling that there's really a possibility that he will do a melo in 2017 :) Let's pray more to Dramagod! haha

6 hours ago, kenjo80 said:

She must have her reasons for not turning up at the Top Star Award ceremony :vicx:  Wonder if someone else received her award on her behalf.

I've just heard that GHJ haven't attend any award ceremony since 2012 (?).. So I'm not sure if she will show up at the Award show tmr :cold_sweat:

@karen527 yes, after watching the whole show I could see that his English is not bad. I think he was just a bit nervous when he said "Can I help me" hahaha. And we know that he can understand what we say if we have a chance to meet him and talk to him. Just the thought of that make me happy. Really hope I can meet Jungsukkie one day! :blush:

• Like 4

@kenjo80 @mintea18 Haha, I was also so surprised watching the lady in green hanbok suddenly hug JJS :D I thought it's not so common to hug people in awards ceremony in Korea ;) But perhaps because it's Jung Suk ssi charms then :) 

I'm so excited for tomorrow. Will he come to the awards ceremony? He should come, right? What time is the awards ceremony?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kenjo80 said:

@soulgirl012 I think when asked the same question in another interview a few days later, GHJ answered GKP!!  She said she likes to change her mind and I was like :sweatingbullets: hmmmmmm, why the change of heart so fast??  Even her co-star was surprised by her answer.

WHAT? really? Haha. That is so PNR, changing her mind on which boy she likes! XD

And you mentioned he is such a versatile actor with an expressive body ... that reminds me of recent vids I saw of this youtuber compiling scenes of JJS/SJH... of him blinking and sighing. It's so interesting to see JJS acting with his entire body, especially those eyes... they are like live creature of its own!

And guys, I was looking for the SBS Redcarpet/Award start time and found that you can watch them live here!!!

And you can watch the award teaser, SBS's special clip on Best Acting, and Best Couple. Can't wait to catch JJS and the whole cast live!!!!

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, mintea18 said:

@soulgirl012 Thankss! I just found this video on that channel too. It's SO funny LOL

Can anyone tell me what episode the part at 4:53 from? :)

@mintea18 this is the part when both of them were stranded on an island and had to spend the night together......CEO Shin was such a scaredy cat......lol.......oh so cute!  This is from ep 38 :)

wMAECc3.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mintea18 said:

So agree with you about JJS's acting. And did Dramagod hear our wishes? Can we really see him in a melo in 2017?? Angsty JJS is so addicting, and seem like many Korean audiences feel the same too! I have a good feeling that there's really a possibility that he will do a melo in 2017 :) Let's pray more to Dramagod! haha

I've just heard that GHJ haven't attend any award ceremony since 2012 (?).. So I'm not sure if she will show up at the Award show tmr :cold_sweat:

@karen527 yes, after watching the whole show I could see that his English is not bad. I think he was just a bit nervous when he said "Can I help me" hahaha. And we know that he can understand what we say if we have a chance to meet him and talk to him. Just the thought of that make me happy. Really hope I can meet Jungsukkie one day! :blush:

Yes, let's pray to Dramagod to grant our wish for JJS to do a melo in 2017 and pair him with another awesome actress :phew:

Really?  GHJ has not been to any of the award ceremonies since 2012......oh why? Why?   I guess I won't get my hopes high to see JungSuk-HyoJin walk the red carpet together tomorrow.:sweatingbullets:  I will be more than satisfied as long as uri JJS is there.  He has to be there to receive his award, right?  I am certain that he will win an acting award.......either High Excellence or Daesang!  Fighting JungSukkie :)

@karen527  @mintea18 yeah, JungSuk's command of English is not too bad......he can survive in a foreign country!! In ep 1, he even managed to request the hotel receptionist for a change to a 3-person apartment, successfully arranged car rental for 7 days (instead of 6) - was very surprised when he could understand the rental car company employee's "long" explanation on when to return the car.....Jung Woo was saying they speak English too fast whereas JungSuk just admitted that their English is poor......LOL.  When he is not nervous, his command of English is passable! 

Hehe watching Running Man now with guest Kim So Hyun and she's singing "Wrongful Encounter".......awww how this song will always remind me of our ShinNari couple!

• Like 4

@mintea18 Oh Thanks! So it won't be so late to wait for his pics in the internet :D Can't hardly wait to see the SBS awards event!!

Today I saw the news on MBC awards yesterday. Seems that MBC held it first, while SBS and KBS will have the event today. 

The vids on JJS in YTBLSS is perfect! Do not have to rewatch 50 episodes to see the clumsy CEO Shin ;) 

@karen527 I think JJS english is good enough :) only that he needs more practice and vocabulary to be more fluent. Wonder why he does not do the yanadoo CF in English mix with Korean?

@kenjo80 episode 8 when HwaShin sang the song Wrongful Encounter :D The first time I watched the episode, I did not know that JungSuk ssi is a musical actor ;) I was like.. wow, his voice is soo good and that song is difficult but he can sing it nicely!! Just after that I googled him.. no wonder then.., hehe

• Like 5

On 30/12/2016 at 8:25 PM, soulgirl012 said:

And guys, I was looking for the SBS Redcarpet/Award start time and found that you can watch them live here!!!

The "Red Carpet" part has just ended. No sign of JJS or GHJ yet ;_;

The Award show will be live-streamed here in 20 minutes

http://www.vlive.tv/video/19407/playlist/19522/2016-SAF-연기대상-SBS-DRAMA-AWARDS

• Like 1