Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

septmoon16 said: @sunshine4ever ~ thanks :) i wish i could've been here for all the amazing discussions. just sharing a piece of my passion and sincere appreciation for a special couple that got me right in the heart.

Bridal Mask - Celebration of Kang To & Mok Dan

Part 4 (heh, i don't know how many there will be guys, please bear with me :P)

these two are truly each other's pillars. the world around them may be in chaos, yet with a look, a gesture, a stolen moment - they manage to communicate all their love and dreams for a better tomorrow.

how great is it when the hero realizes and acknowledge that his strength comes from the woman by his side?
seeing this scene, makes me realize how far they've come and grown to trust one another. the way kang to instinctively turned to shield mok dan from news of damsari's death, literally acting as buffer between her and death... iits such a small moment, but incredibly poignant. 

seeing this hurts. just thinking that in the future after a hard battle, there will be no one there waiting anxiously for his return, no one there to tend to his wounds, no one to confide in. because no matter how strong kang to is as a hero, he really needs mok dan's warmth to keep him grounded. :(

@septmoon16 I liked your last captures and words again. You know JW & SY only had about 1-2 minutes in that bus scene in episode 23 that they were sitting together passing notes and they said a few lines together, but I love their interactions in that scene very much. Her smiles and his were beautiful in that scene. Before the bus scene he called her and told her to avoid SJ, but MD said that she had everything covered even though he was worried about her he seemed to be the person who respected her very much because he allowed her to make her choices. And then in that scene she looked like she was fine after SJ approached her and he said some very positive words about her on the bus. That was a very sweet scene. I think Kangto and Mokdan are a very conservative, pure, and innocent couple yet they were able to express their love through just smiles and hands-holdings. And you captured some of the scenes so beautifully. Especially the scene that she was breaking out and crying because her dad passed away and he came and comforted her. The way he held her hand was just so firm. You know even the last scene of this drama he was still holding her hand and moving it into his cheek when he was crying. It's so sad, but I'm so glad he was able to let her go freely in that scene and was a free person because of his promise to her. (Not that he didn't have to go through the same pain as anyone else who lost their love. Not sure how to express it.) Thank you for recapping all those lovely scenes of them and especially emphasizing the hands-holding scenes. I did something similar back pages, hehe, but I never came back to post the rest of all their holding hands. So thanks so much for sharing the rest of the holding hands. :) I like the second time he kissed her on her forehead  in episode 26 and the reason I caught up with it was because of a music video. If you want you can watch it again in this

(2:09 and upward ish) and you could see that he wasn't just kissing her forehead, but he was tasting it after kissing her forehead. I don't know if you caught seeing his expression after kissing her. *winks* I think they hugged and held hands so many times that the chemistry just increased as the episodes go especially episodes 26-28. Every scene of them in episode 26 totally amazed me. And it amazed me even more is that they only have couple of minutes to convey their love for us the audience. Also another thing I wanted to add is that I like that forehead kissing scene very much also because that was the second he kissed her like that, but this time he was unmasked as opposed to him being masked in episode 13, so you could see his expressions. ^^ And since it wasn't first kiss so it was more comfortable and more real not that there was anything wrong with episode 13, but their hugging scenes remained the same. (In case you want to see the back pages I posted of their prior hands-holding, you can see them here, I think you captured majority of the scenes also.)

@valinor500, I noticed that you have Joo Ji Hoon's picture and it seemed like that was his drama before Five Fingers, no? I tried to look for information on that drama to watch. :) I like him very much in Goong and I just couldn't help but like him so much in FF also with Se Yeon. :)

@sunshine4ever, thank you for posting that MV and highlighting that 2:09 moment. I never noticed it. This reminds me of the BTS scenes of the kiss in the forest ep 18. It was so much more awesome then what was shown in the final cut. I am sure if there show more BTS, we will all be spazzing....*sigh* my lovely Mok Dan-Kangto couple

Some of you might have missed that Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon will be on Edwin Winter CF, here are some pictures of the two from catalog, at the store, and behind the scene:

IMG_20121019_24_zpsc0fcda1b.png
wintercf01.jpg
29m0le0.jpg
154ykib.jpg

Credits to DC and this blog (you can go there to see some more BTS of the settings that JW & SY were in for their winter shooting) and thanks to stearly, cutieloverz, and amlogos for posting.

And I edited and cut this out from the original picture above of the two, if you use these pictures elsewhere will you credit me? Their picture looks too awesome and I prefer not to write my name on them.

jwsy001.jpg

jwsy002.jpg

jwsy003.jpg

jwsy004.jpg

jwsy005.jpg

This will probably be my last message of Joo Won & Jin Se Yeon regarding their CF as it doesn't relate to this drama. If you would like to see their pictures and/or catch up with them you can visit Joo Won's thread, Jin Se Yeon's thread, or Joo Won & Jin Se Yeon's thread.

Bridal Mask - Celebration of Kang To & Mok Dan

Part 5 (FINAL)

Thank you for your lovely compliment ladies. This concludes my heartfelt tribute to this endearing couple. It was IS difficult to say goodbye, but alas we must.

Did anyone else swoon when he confessed to the 7 attempts it took him to make her the ring flower? :x

I did not think we would get a wedding.. really. with revolution and revenge weighing heavily on everyone's mind, it would be understandable that romance takes a second seat. so how awesome was it that when Kang To realized the importance of Mok Dan, not just as the object of his love, but the source of his strength - he reached out for her hand and asked for a future together.

For a man who lived only for the present, this woman gave him the best gift of all - the ability and the desire to dream of tomorrow.

bridalmaskmarrymeboonyi.jpg

how beautiful they are! not just physically, but emotionally. its no exaggeration to say that their eyes are brimming with joy and every smile is magically infused with a dream come true. they have traveled a long weary road to find one another, suffered so much anguish, that it just fills me with bittersweet joy to know that at least their last walk together was down this aisle - as man and wife.

bridalmaskloveyouthousandyears.jpg

Capturing these moments, I keep thinking how fleeting happiness is, and how enduring sadness can be.
Yet, I don't think Kang To would give up this moment despite knowing the pain that follows.
Because sometimes you need that bright star in the otherwise dark night. A source of comfort, a reminder that happiness although brief, is attainable and therefore, there is always hope.

bridalmaskpromisemebestrongkangto.jpg

I didn't know how to end my tribute. because i felt it wasn't right to end with such sadness. Kang To & Mok Dan's love didn't end with her death. Beyond the grave, her memory continues to be the source of his fighting spirit, she is the muse that will forever rest in his heart, until he completes his duty to the people and then may join her in rest.

so @sunshine4ever, thank you for this inspiration --- for bringing back to focus the essence of their love.

I have said it before, these lovers are not ones who will launch fireworks with their passion - they don't need such theatrics.
It is in the quiet moments of holding each other hands warmly, a basic human gesture of concern, care, understanding, and sincerity that they reach our hearts. :x

Farewell....

bridalmaskgoodbyelove.jpg

@septmoon16, thank you so much for putting that scene with his hand touching her grave. Aww, it aligns with hands-touching again! :) And thank you for making them into one composed picture. I have always wanted to do that, but never had the time and devotion to do it. You worked hard for these caps. Love them! :)

sunshine4ever said: @septmoon16, thank you so much for putting that scene with his hand touching her grave. Aww, it aligns with hands-touching again! :) And thank you for making them into one composed picture. I have always wanted to do that, but never had the time and devotion to do it. You worked hard for these caps. Love them! :)

Woah how I have missed our crazy days waiting in anticipation for the next episode.

Since Bridal Mask has ended, I don;t seem to be interested in other drama's that much. I wait for them till they're subbed or completed before watching them. The only good one, and its a really good one, is Nice Guy. I think you guys should give it a try it reminds me so much of Gaksital modern version. It is so sad and touching.

On the other hand: how's everybody doing :P

@mrdimples Thank you for that awesome 'butt-story' :P

@sunshine4ever, well..IRIS got a version no 2, and I heard that people are considering for Chuno 2, so I'm still hoping the same for BM :D.

And, yeah, I never intended to watch Full House 2 seriously. I only do it for PKW :P. He is funny there. I can't imagine Kimura Shunji brags about being handsome and becoming a fashionista :P. He is a great actor. Although he is once again being the second lead, he manages to steal the attention.

marie67 said:

Woah how I have missed our crazy days waiting in anticipation for the next episode.

Since Bridal Mask has ended, I don;t seem to be interested in other drama's that much. I wait for them till they're subbed or completed before watching them. The only good one, and its a really good one, is Nice Guy. I think you guys should give it a try it reminds me so much of Gaksital modern version. It is so sad and touching.

On the other hand: how's everybody doing :P

@mrdimples Thank you for that awesome 'butt-story' :P

Hi @marie67! Me too, I also miss the days of predicting and commenting every new episode :P. BM is the first series that I watch while still airing. I usually wait until a drama is completed before watching. I was gonna watch arang, but ended up attracted to full house 2 :P.

Btw, my friend is having a holiday in korea right now, so I browsed the internet for souvenirs. I found that Bridal Mask is one of the traditional korean mask that are sold for souvenirs. What is Bridal Mask actually? I thought it was only a story where a hero makes a mask who imitates a bride, but the mask itself turns out to be one of korean traditional stuffs?

@rhaps Hmm, I dont watch Fullhouse 2. I will start if it is finished. The only drama's I am now watching are Nice Guy and Faith. I think you should try Nice guy, it has the same vibes like Gaksital but modern version.

LOL can't you ask your friend to buy Joowon's face instead of Bridal mask :P

@marie67, I can find tons of JooWon's face here in soompi :P.. dont have to ask her to buy it for me. I considered buying the mask, though..but I wondered whether it will look creepy at night *lol*. Oh well, I asked her to buy other things instead :P

omg you guys are still here after so long! hello guys! just wondering, any of you following five fingers? i havent had the time. what do you all think of the show? and hows jin se yeon's acting in there