Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

trixicopper

said:

Am I the only one who is TOTALLY over any kind of sympathy for Rie?  The moment she became involved with rounding up young girls/women to be put to use as Comfort Women for the Imperial army, she became as big a Monster as any of them. 

I like Rie as a character as well. What is interesting about this drama is they are trying to make the case that not all japanese or Korean stooges were bad. They say that history is written by the victors. For the most part the korean occupation was not honorable and some terrible things were done. But if you were living at the time and just wanted to work and get by. You might not have joined the rebellion but yet you followed Japenese law. Rie is a person who is working for a shadow organization apparently an arm of the royal family of Japan. Technically she chose a side. This does not make her evil.

trixicopper said:
   Am I the only one who is TOTALLY over any kind of sympathy for Rie?  The moment she became involved with rounding up young girls/women to be put to use as Comfort Women for the Imperial army, she became as big a Monster as any of them. 

But I agree with most of you that the hot chemistry between Mokdan and Kangto is not so strong anymore like in the beginning. Just watch the scene where he chases her and discovers she is Boonyi. OMG the sparks! I hope the writer will soon do something about it.

Rara is a very interesting character. She is a woman who puts her own fate in her own hands. Unlike Mokdan who frustrates me to no end. Mokdan is pretty much a stumbling block in Kangto's life. she just brings trouble into his life. I wish she was more proactive in fighting for the Joseon women's cause. instead of so conveniently calling up Kangto at his police station and give him yet another thing to take care of. Rara is someone who can be a big foe to Kangto, but she is one who can be of great aid to him as well. I hope Kangto can bring out the feelings in Rara that she has shut down all these years and force her to think about the price the Koreans are having to pay for the comfort and security she has. I think deep-down she knows her adoptive father would abandon her at any given moment if it became beneficial to him. I want her to be a double-agent like Kangto. 

O.M.G. O___________O
The ratings are sooo good!
I Hope they will keep on rising! The cast must be so proud of it =) I'm really happy!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS ratings went up :D

But I worry so much about Kangto's ending. I think he will die in the end :(. Please not, I dont want him dead, only if he dies with Mokdan. They MUST do it together * ahum that sounded pervy XD

Today we have had another confirmation that delaying the episodes of a drama kills ratings.

In fact, Ghost has postponed 1 week the last 2 episodes, irreparably breaking the rhythm of the story, and these are the results (only 12.2 national - 12.8 Seoul).

I wonder what will happen with the end of AGD, delayed for 2 weeks ...

When they learn that a drama should be interrupted as little as possible?

@marie67, I agreed with you. KT and MD are destine to be together, either both die or stay alive. I want a happy ending for them. Awesome...ratings went up and continues go up til the end.

OMOOO @ THE RATINGS! TIME TO PARTY, GUYS! Such high ratings when Ghost had it's final episode! AMAZING
tumblr_m8g6xottKX1r23lnc.gif
tumblr_m8g70uMqza1r23lnc.gif
@sunshine4ever, thanks & yep I figured it was best to post direct tumblr links, more convenient for everyone ;)

I don't know why people say that KT has more chemistry with Rie. Because of lust and seduction scenes? From the BTS, I would say that KT has more chemistry with Mok Dan. When a couple doesn't say a word but only need to shoot longing and knowing looks, now that me friend is Chemistry.

@Eja, Ki Woong tweeted again, can I trouble you to translate? It seems like he's having a hard time...he says something about a love-hate relationship with Shunji haha!
"많은분들이 힘을주시네요. 정말 감사드려요. 혹시나해서 드리는 말씀인데 전 악플때문에 힘든건 아녜요. 그러기엔 제가 연기를 10년을 했는걸요. 제겐 슌지가 애증의 캐릭터인것 같습니다. 슌지가 밉지만 끝까지 책임질겁니다. 자.오늘도 슌지가 되어살겠습니다."

When I think about it, the ending of this drama, we might see either Kang To or Mokdan dying or maybe both. Or maybe, they will become part of the guerilla movement that opposes Japanese occupation like what happened in our country during the duration of the war. As the story now, it's like the precursor of the war, like the Japanese guys in the drama is getting ready and any moment now, the war will broke up.

Some of my thoughts for ep. 20 
1. I really don't like the fact that I'm starting to like Rie as a character. I've always hoped that she was Korean for a reason, and would be of use toward the end in saving Gakistal, cause I knew from early on that KT was her love interest. However, I didn't know we were gonna get so deep into KT/Rie relationship and that I would actually start to like her! This complicates things. A LOT. 
And at the end of the day, I can't see her winning. Whatever direction she chooses to go, she's losing. I think her character is inevitably gonna die for KT but that makes me wonder how KT will respond? I'm kind of second guessing KT's feelings toward Rie. I know he was just using her, but some of the scenes in this episode.. it was very intense, and I saw sincerity in KT's eyes when they were speaking to each other. 
It made me question if KT's motives were CLEAR, or if he was getting lost in his "cover" and actually developing feelings for Rie?? 

2. The scenes in which the women were being taken in as comfort women were very watered down. =( I wanted to see more realism. It made Koreans seem all too "ignorant" in what was going on in their own country, ruled by the Japanese. Would they really have thought that they were recruiting NURSES & paying them so much for doing such work? Even MD was like "wth that doesn't make sense.." I'm sure the Korean women knew what the hell was happening. & in reality, these women knew what were happening, because they were kidnapped. Some had to go voluntarily, or else they would have starved to death/beaten/raped - so I don't know if I'd call that "volunteering" b/c it's more like coercion. Nevertheless, I was a bit disappointed in those scenes.
3. Also, Rie's involvement in rounding up the comfort women was kinda IRONIC, because she herself was a gisaeng! But I think the context in which she does this is significant, because she has no other choice, it's not like she can rebel against her "father" -- But I think this shows that her "father" really doesn't love her as his daughter. Or else, he wouldn't be making her do something this degrading (to women in general, to KOREAN women which he knows she is too, and making her work in this dangerous field as a Kishokai member). He controls and manipulates her by using fear. That's not love. 
4. I'm so sick of SJ!!! I want the old SJ back, or I want to see at least a glimpse. This complete 180 is quite dramatic, and although we've been getting used to seeing darker sides of SJ... It's disgusting seeing SJ not even flinch an eye when KT gets "kicked out" 

5. KT x MD scenes MUST continue!! I get what the writers are doing, but honestly.. not seeing them together is kinda letting their passion sizzle. Well, not to them but to me. I don't like how Rie has the power to help KT (in terms of getting him reinstated, or getting him involved in Kishokai, and so forth), whereas, MD is the one needing help from KT all the time, & she can't really help him the way Rie can. That's both good & bad, but I guess I'm a bit disappointed because I felt KT kinda being sincere to Rie. 

But I guess it's also necessary to build KT x Rie to justify why Rie will give up her life to save KT in the end? Or something like that... B/c it would be weird if she did that OUT of the blue, just because of what happened years ago. I guess it's gonna build up and she's gonna really fall for KT. Therefore, ultimately helping/saving him. 
But then where the heck does that leave KT? How will he live happily ever after with MD after knowing that Rie (a good Korean woman in her own way), died for him??? 
=( 

@Starlitelet

I want to root for the OTP, but it's just not clicking with me. But I'm glad you aren't one of those people who just stick with the OTP just because we're "supposed" to.

I think people hate Rie because of who her character is, but she is actually a female version of KT(in some aspects) in the very beginning. The only reason we didn't hate KT was because we KNEW he was going to become the hero. If I'm correct with where the writers are going with this, then she too will become a much more likeable character.

The interactions between KT and Rie are actually quite pleasant and refreshing, especially because we have yet to learn more about Rie's past. Their relationship is quite compelling. I truly believe KT's sincerity in wanting to save her again, even after knowing that she's a mortal enemy. And yet, when she finds out his secret, she doesn't kill the person she hated the most, because she truly cares for him as well. And unlike MD, she takes time to comprehend the situation. She doesn't just throw herself at him, even though we knew all along she loves him. She's in denial for the rest of the episode, but we can see almost a shed of light. I like this relationship a lot better because their personalities actually compliment each other. They are both troubled individuals who dig into darkness, but miraculously find the light. They are very meticulous and calculative their moves. Where Rie has the brain, KT has the brawn. The fact they both have this dark mysterious past shrouded in clouds makes both interesting multifaceted characters.