[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest serendipity8989

@maichurchill   What the heck is going on in that picture?? O___O 
LOL can someone explain? I'm curious too! :P

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are thinking mokdan might have something to do with the new comfort women plot, like getting captured or something, but I dont think she'll be involved (I hope not). Rather, I think this is the perfect oportunity for our new character to show up and show her skills. I'm imagining her to be the one who saves these girls. Maybe she gets captured too and creates a "jail break"

I think we have to remember that in a forum like this where we can't see each other's body or facial language or tone of voice, what is written and read may be perceived very differently from what is intended.

The guy in the brown hat transporting the comfort women looks like one of the police officers. So from what he said, he is disgruntled with Shunji protecting Mok Dan. Spells trouble.

Wanna share some nice MV's too, with very suitable BGM songs :

Found this rare MV of Shunji x Mok Dan. It's beautifully made, we can see the heartbreaking downfall journey of their relationship. Awww, this MV's reminding me that I used to liked this pair too.

And this is one of my most favorite Kang To x Mok Dan MV 'till now:

And this is MV with newest song from OST part 4 "You in My Arms" by Bohemian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vDtDW9VdFY

The lyrics (lovely, it's pretty much sums up KT feelings toward MD, esp. regarding his real identity confession to her):

You In My Arms

Finally, my love is going to you
But you still can't see me
If you just turn around, I am there
But you still treat me cruelly

* When you are in my arms, crying
When you are struggling with love
I will always be standing in that place
So you can always come into my arms and lean on me

Don't try to place me in your past love
I can't live without you
If you just turn around, beautiful days are earnestly calling you

* Repeat

I'm looking at you
I'm hurting like this
Don't forget me

* Repeat

Come into my arms anytime, into my arms for you

I'm introducing one of my friends to bridal mask, and we're watching the show together. We keep having these conversations about what a great guy shuunji is, how he's like her favorite character, and she's so sad he's probably not going to get the girl in the end. Poor friend of mine, i don't want to spoil it for you, so I'll just laugh at you behind your back. She's gunna hate me in a week or two for not telling her....hehe.

I just finished watching the latest episode of 1N2D where they visited Dokdo Island. 
This island was in the news recently when the South Korean president visited it and Japan got very angry, recalling their envoy and calling Korea's ambassdor. You can read more here. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/9466912/South-Korean-leader-visits-contested-islands.html
This is not to invoke another Korea vs Japan debate. I just want to say that when Joowon visited the island together with the 1N2D members and their guests, he was the most emotional one. Kim Seung Woo also cried but for Joowon, his tears kept flowing. When he was asked a question, he tried to answer but his voice broke and he couldn't get out much.ddoko.jpg
I will rewatch with subs to understand. I wonder if his emotions are so stirred because of him being in Gaksital. I guess being in the drama makes him empathise more with his people and nation. Gaksital is certainly stirring up people in Korea. I hope it will not lead them to hate Japan or the Japanese of today but more for arousing the younger generation to know more about their history and appreciate the sacrifices that their elders make. 
-edit- Softy translated on her blog that Joowon said that he cried because all this time he didn't know about Dokdo enough and now that he is there, he thought to himself " I am a Korean what did I do for Dokdo?"
I think in a way that's part of Lee Kangto's transformation. In the beginning, it was just revenge for his brother and his family. But as he sees his people being trampled, the rebels fighting the occupiers like eggs thrown against the big boulder, as people died for Gaksital, he must have asked himself "I am a Koren and what did I do for Joseon?"

@mrdimples : Aww.. Joo Won. I empathize with him, when I'm learning my country's history, I also cried when I found out the atrocities that happened in WWII, when I went to Corregidor, the last stand of Philippines and US and one of the most bombed island, I can't help but be emotional. Maybe it runs in the blood or just being patriotic. I'll be waiting for that episode coz I just watched the 1st part. But don't worry, I don't hate the Japanese because of that, I just hate what had happened and I hope it will not happen again. But then, as they say, All's fair in love and war.

Sorry to bother u everyone, just wanna ask I'm sure someone wrote about joowon tumblr which contain Joowon's caps from bridal mask episode. Can u give me the link?

Sorry to bother u all, but I can't fulfill my desire about joowon! Thank u everyone, Gaksital fightiiiing!

ok so I was scrolling scrolling and saw this....
this ladies and gents is Ahn Hyung Joon...f53iq8.jpg
AKA....
25qcfw6.jpg

literally when I saw this....33uct55.gif
then it quickly escalated to ....23w5th.gif

it is so jarring to see him without the mane of glory and the FABULOUS stache.
thanks to konnomai from tumblr for opening my eyesss 

Guest sunshine4ever

@serendipity8989, thank you so much for the translation. I agree with Jin Se Yeon that it is hot. It felt like heaven when I could get a cold shower.  Poor cast, they have to wear clothes that look like they're in the winter/fall especially those who are wearing suits.

Pavlichenko - wow, MV for OST 4 came out so fast...don't know why I don't like the ballads too much...singer doesn't sing too good...
by the way, are you by any chance Korean?

DDuk  - did he do something to his eyes...is it just me but I don't see  a resemblance between the two? anyway, Jun's hot and tall even though he didn't speak a single word  until he's told to by Rie...

I like how almost all have an assistant..for KT has Abe and BG, SJ has Koiso, and Rie has Jun...they are all important people even though they don't do much hahaha

-edit-
@ texashot, nope, no written translations for new previews  yet. I think preview usually comes out on Monday or Tuesday, but it's too soon for now

I'm back \:D/ I got home dead tired yesterday evening and didn't even have the strength to type a proper post, however, I managed to download the new episodes, watch them and read all your amazing posts and opinions that I missed so much. Actually, I logged in on Tuesday evening from Greece for a while but the internet connection was really slow so I only managed to give some reactions. However, what I want to say the most: I was away for a week and I missed 25% of the entire posts!!! You're all incredible ^:) I'd spent over 2 hours reading them, it feels like I've been all the time with you and watching live :) though I must say I'm glad I missed the little war that had broken out here in my absence.

Here are some random thought and tidbits about episodes 19 and 20:

1. I love the fight in the beginning of episode 19 :-bd !!! He threw daggers before but we'd, actually, never seen HIM throwing them. It's a nice touch adding them to Gaksital arsenal as opposed to the guns he must face. And there is even a SWORD for Gaksital in this episode!!! FINALLY AN UPGRADE FOR OUR FAVOURITE SUPERHERO, HURRAY \:D/ !!! Even the scriptwriter must have realized that he wouldn't have survived a very long time with just his favourite iron flute ;)) . LEE KANT TO, WHAT A WARRIOR \m/ !!! (And only the day before he lost a substantial amount of blood :-O . Baek Gun, please, send me that miraculous medicine of yours :-c , I'll be a millionaire $-). And they even let him slash the flag so kudos for that, too, since that was the only thing the anniversary scene in episode 13 really lacked. It's just another pitch perfect fight scene that BM delivers.2882jv5.png2lwn2gn.png6pz2hz.png20pf09z.png
  2. How did she get that jacket off him :-O I feel cheated I want to see that :-w where is bts when you need it2ljl4zk.png24niexv.png
  3. How did he overtake those cars without his (remote control) faithful horse :-O ?! BEHOLD, another curious case of Gaksital's magical powers! GAKSISPEED \m/ ! Take that Superman! (He doesn't even sweat!)  2vjygqc.png
  4. You know, lately almost every week in every single episode (usually at the end of it) I wonder how could possibly KT get out of this hole only for him to get into even a bigger one in the next X_X. Of all the k-drama out there I must have chosen the one that causes the most massive heart attacks per episode, well, since Faith is the next drama on my must-watch list I must be a glutton for punishment 8-}. But I don't give a damn, GAKSITAAAAL, BRING IT ON \m/o0cux.png2ue5wdf.jpg35i6913.jpg1z5sq5v.png

Am I the only one who miss badass Lee Kangto? He was just so hot then, not that he isn't now but a different feel. 
6a600c338744ebf86bf18ba7d9f9d72a6159a7a2(I just wondered, looking at all these backs of the policemen, how is it that Lee Kangto's jacket is shorter so that it shows his butt more and why is Lee Kangto's pants so much tighter than anyone else? I don't think it's because Joowon put on weight while his uniform got tailored. Maybe the tailor is pervy too, haaaa!)
And say Yeah to Lycra d833c895d143ad4bc3bea95882025aafa50f0691e61190ef76c6a7ef7cd847befdfaaf51f2de66a8

Archived