[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest Lily_Rose

I want MD and KT living. Together. Happily.

It's not written anywhere that a hero has to die to make him great or his actions worthier. U.U

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@princess_narnia & @Lily_Rose

I so agree with both of you. I am sure Kangto will live in the end but somehow I am afraid Mokdan will die :(. I hope both of them will make it so that they can be there for each other and finally marry and produce some offsprings :P. Sorry but both of them have no one (I think Mokdan's father will die) and it would be afwul if they end up dead. I have two options: both death or both alive. I cant wait for their kisssss :P

@princess_narnia3fBBY.gif
oh gosh, you know I agree with you so much. And really this drama, while it does have its revenge element - it is not completely about that. Plus, in a good percentage of the revenge dramas I've watched its about a good person going down a dark path and losing who they are - thus why a lot of them die. Kang To, it started differently. He started out the bad guy and is slowly working his way to the light. Do I want to see him die after he works at becoming a better person and helping his own people? NO WAY. And really since so many people are expecting that, I'd like to see the writer surprise people and let him live with his love. 
@Lily_Rose Exactly! He doesn't have to die for all the good he's going to accomplish to matter. 

@marie67 hang in there, dear. I'm really hoping that the writer aims to bring them through this and let them survive...after all there is this back story of them as childhood sweethearts. They've made it to this point against some crazy odds (they should both have died in that field over a decade ago) so I'd like to think they will both make it out of this together. :D :Lets keep hoping. :)
I'm waiting for the mushy scenes too. Really hoping we get some really romantic stuff.Haha, gosh I'd love to see the little Kang Tos and Mok Dans running around. Bet they'll be as feisty as their mommy and as devious as their dad. 
EDIT:
@secretlyforyou oh how I wish I had an appropriate gif right now to react to your comment! :D Ideally something with a hysterically happy person hopping about! ;) What you said about Kang To's journey being the opposite of what happens in most revenge dramas...SO SO SO SO TRUE, girl! This is a right switcheroo. After all this I sincerely want him to live. To continue being the hero.
And I'm so with you about the writer doing something different here. Why not? :D

SOOOoooOOOooo here is my take on the Kangto and Mokdan relationship....
I'm sorry.I want things to go slow for this couple. (ok not slow to the point where I want to stab my eyeballs out) but slowly?... If you get my drift?She is head over heels in love with Gaksital which I am totally fine with. But she see him as a wonderful personification of what her dorumnim would be....
Kangto is everything that she hates.Kangto sides with the Japanese, He tortured her, put her in front of a firing squad, smacked her around... 
You cannot fall in love with someone like that right away. Love isn't an on and off switch. It needs to be gradual.
Yeah, Kangto dropped hints that he is the dorumnim from her past but after all that he's done to her, you can't help that Mokdan just can't see through that. If she did that would just defy logic. 
Do I want Kangto and Mokdan to be together? HELL YEAH. Do I want it to happen right away? NOOOO.
So, that's my take on this couple.. what do you think?

@DDuk The thing is.. it's already moving at a snails pace. LOL. We are hitting the halfway point this week and she still hates him. For me one of two things needs to happen
1) He needs to make some grand gesture either by helping her circus friends or father out  - in order for her to see that he is changing and that he might not be the guy she knew before. He gave her that warning about a spy....... IMO, he did get through to her there because I think if he hadn't shown up and warned her, she wouldn't have been on guard so much - and might not have been so observant with Rie. 
or
2) She needs to find out he's Gaksital. 
Personally, I prefer the first option because I'd rather she didn't know he was her young master for a while. And she doesn't even have to develop feelings in any way for him at this point - just see that he has changed a bit. I'd like to see their relationship move forward, even if its only one step right now - its been at a standstill for a while. And considering their past it is understandable, but I think something needs to happen. 
For me, shes not in love with Gaksital. I've already gotten into this a few pages back, but for me its idol worship and fascination. He's her hero, so, its understandable. But I'm not of the thinking you can love someone you don't even know. She doesn't know the man under that mask at all. She thinks she does but even then its her memory of a boy 13 years ago. She doesn't know the man he is now.

Guest crazy lulu

i still don't like the thought of gaksital and mok dan together. :'(

kangto-yaaaa, FTW!

thoughts on a possible ending:

tumblr_m6m224JvcM1qdj81g.png

Since confirmation of Bridal Mask's four episode extension, and as much as I'm glad that we have it because the story has so much to work through with the characters and plot, I'm nervous, especially for the ending.

There are those predicting a tragic end for Lee Kangto and those hoping for a happy one. I am on the Happy Ending Ship and please, please, PLEASE do not sink us, writers. I have a fear that they might, but ultimately, I don't think they will because I don't believe the writers and producers are ignorant of the times today.

This might be my irrational love for Gaksital (and Joo Won) speaking, ha, but with mending relations between Korea and Japan, how exactly would they end this drama tragically?

First, if we consider the Korean angle, in this fictional Bridal Mask world--a reflection of 1930s Korea--how could Gaksital, Korea's hero, their one hope for freedom from the occupation, die? If they're working towards mirroring Lee Kangto with his family--willing to die for the independence movement--I might be willing to accept an imminent Lee Kangto death, but because I think Lee Kangto will surpass everyone who came before him in motivation and heart, I can't accept it.

I'm putting my trust in the writers.

tumblr_m6m23fyLBo1qdj81g.png

Lee Kangto will go from cheerful, carefree boy, to desperate young man, to angry servant of the Japanese empire, to bitter, vengeful son and brother, to hero--a hero we all genuinely root for because he's taken the time to contemplate and learn from all his experiences to make clear right from wrong.

How and why would you kill this hero? Korea's hero? Especially if we know that Korea will one day gain its freedom from Japan in reality.

Now if we're looking at it from the Japanese angle, where I'm thinking the writers are being most sensitive to the Korea-Japan relations, they're likely considering carefully the fate of Shunji. He respresents the hope that we know will come to be--that Korea and Japan will one day be on good terms.

tumblr_m6m4c0oGw51qdj81g.png

Will Shunji's end be tragic? I don't know. I don't know! Unlike with Kangto, I'm leaning more towards maybe since he has the most people to lose (or sacrifice himself for): Mok Dan, Kangto, his father. But then again, do you kill the one good Japanese man in the drama? I know he's gotten loopy, but still.

The most seemingly predictable move at this point is that Kangto would die, but I REAAALLY don't think he will. I almost want to say, I know he won't. From what I've seen, he's been a redeemable character. This might be Joo Won's portrayal of Lee Kangto speaking, but I never once thought he wasn't redeemable, and now, especially after Ep 12, I know he's a character I can support fully. When it comes to Mok Dan, I have a gut feeling she'll never die. Ha. Shunji, maybe, maybe not. Sad day if Shunji goes Kangsan, but real, on us. Teeeeaar!*

The writers have already done a fantastic job of balancing both sides of the occupation conflict with the conflicted Lee Kangto and the damaged Rie. I'm kind of trusting at this point that the resolution will be just right.

Whatever.

Just some likely flawed thoughts from a crazed Gaksital fan. Ha. I'll probably end up being proven completely wrong at all fronts.

Just know I am pushing for a good, fitting, and yes, happy ending all the way.

@princess_narnia haha :P Lets hope together for a good ending...But first we need some cheesy romance and deep deep emotions from both of them for each other ;). Would like to see Kangto X Mokdan kids. Would be so funny him running after them while she reprimands him for not keeping an eye on them, and he goes all lovey-dovey on her, she still being angry. He goes and changes into his Bridal Mask outfit and takes her captive until she is all lovey-dovey too :P. THAT is the PERFECT ending for this drama ^^

@princess_narnia haha

:P

Lets hope together for a good ending...But first we need some cheesy romance and deep deep emotions from both of them for each other

;)

. Would like to see Kangto X Mokdan kids. Would be so funny him running after them while she reprimands him for not keeping an eye on them, and he goes all lovey-dovey on her, she still being angry. He goes and changes into his Bridal Mask outfit and takes her captive until she is all lovey-dovey too

:P

. THAT is the PERFECT ending for this drama ^^

Guest TaroTard

I am FINALLY caught up with this show, I had been watching it weekly until episode 6 and then my life got so busy I was unable to watch the episodes as they came out, I read what was going on in here and on dramabeans and had been desperate to catch up, it finally happened!!!
I have been a lurker in this thread since it started, but I felt this drama is so good I need to leave at least one comment in here. I love how they have done the transformations. Also I think and hope MD got that KT was warning her last episode, it looked as if she got it because she looked confused. Kudos to the old guy for getting KT spot on, everyone else thought her was ridiculous for suggesting KT has feelings for MD, loved that. But ya, I really hope that it was realisation that I noticed there, it might bring something new to their relationship. So far it has been MD hating on KT, which is fair enough, but if she figures out he warned her something could finally start developing from the confusion.Anyway, babbling cos I am so excited XD
Can't WAIT for the next episode <3 keep up the good comments and theories guys, I love to read them ;P and thanks muchly to the people who work hard to give us the episodes and subtitles! I am so eternally grateful!

Guest stoffkimba

@stoffkimba: OMO your description of how Mok Dan sees Gaksital had me giggling her for a few minutes. You're so right. He's an idol star of sorts for her. And yes they have been really clever about it so far. I found him having to watch her pretty interesting. They are just bickering right now and she did try to stab him several times (fiery pair, aren't they?), but she is noticing that he's softer now. His behaviour seems to baffle her. [...] She's going to wonder what on earth is going on. I'm loving it.

^^^^^ YOU ARE AWESOME
1/. Has anybody got any idea how old the main characters are supposed to be? or about what ages??? MD definitely seems very young, so Im not sure if she's supposed to be younger than KT or what.
2/. YESSS. Im praying for a happy ending - something different. I don't feel that killing off characters in the end is a good way to wrap up things. KT and MD deserve to live, don't they? I want to see them at least get married and have kids. I watched East of Eden having soo much hope in a happy ending, but the writers were trying to be creative (sarcasm) by killing everybody off. shucks

@nenechanchan, I think they're in their mid twenties. Since their flashback was 13 years ago, KT then looked to be somewhere between 12-14 and MD 12 or 13, dunno. So that would make KT 25 - 27 and MD 1 or 2 years younger than him. That's my guess. I could be wrong of course ;)

Guest crazy lulu

@stoffkimba, abe is the best, overall. ha. i love the bumbling innocence of his character. so unbelievable that he's an officer, but who cares. :) and i don't know that i'm fully on the konno ship--there isn't too much to go on when it comes to his character-- but i don't mind him, so that's a plus. :)>-

Guest stoffkimba

@cravey: about their ages... I think you are right with regards to the math, but I just cannot see MD as anything else but a 19, maybe 20, year old. They both totally have that "young" vibe... I don't even think of them as man and woman (in an erotic sense). They're both cute little kids - what do you call it? dongsaeng? - to me. puppy kitten aaaaaaaaw ^^; If they are really supposed to be mid- to late-20s, they are doing something wrong. (Or maybe not wrong, but strange.)

@Crazy LuLu: :) I kind of want Abe to have a love line with the circus girl and get some happy ever after. He could be that Japanese who stays in Korea and is loved by everyone anyways. :) But, yeah, him as a police man? *hmmmmmm* But I don't mind. Maybe it's 'cause I grew up on Indiana Jones Nazis and such (who were *"$&%%§ idiots) and not the Col. Landa type. So, never mind realism. I'm a SciFi fan, anyway. :P

Now, for something completely different: BM needs more love! And ratings.

In connection to that I've got a question: do they count those viewers that watch on their site (after having registered)? If so, then that's what we should be doing. :) Has anybody from overseas - I saw they had a possibility for "foreigners living overseas"  to register - any experience with the official KBS service? If you register as a foreigner, do you get to watch the Korean programmes or are they trying to give you some "international audience" BS?

Somewhat OT, but I kind of wanted to share "da love". I did some print-outs of GS screencaps and such (I'm using GS for drawing practice atm - if I can't escape the "fever", I might as well embrace it, eh? :3), left the room and when I got back I found my cat sprawled on the pics. Looks like he (it's a he) kisses KT and goes possessive on Shunji. :D (Maybe you think I'm crazy for posting this; if this is considered spam, I'll just delete the link. I'm a cat lover, so I'm not sure if my judgement in these matters is not a bit furried. ;) )

junilovesgaksital.jpg

@nenechanchan, I think they're in their mid twenties. Since their flashback was 13 years ago, KT then looked to be somewhere between 12-14 and MD 12 or 13, dunno. So that would make KT 25 - 27 and MD 1 or 2 years younger than him. That's my guess. I could be wrong of course

;)

Guest mrs_d_42801

Hi. I've been a silent lurker and somehow i'm propelled to register and post something here. I was a soompi member about 10 years ago... Anyway, I'm loving this kdrama especially with what's happening with MD and KT. I hope MD will love KT and not BM. I watch BM live every Wednesday and Thursday night and I don't think many of you know about this link that I found accidentally. It's for smartphone users out there.

http://smart.kbs.co.kr/live/index.php

Archived