[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluedelacour

I hope the kiss will be as long as the hug XDDD
sometime a forehead kiss can be hotter, cuter and even better than a normal kiss geez is it wednesday already??? last weeks were a torture to me 
like literally XDDDD
guess we will have the kbs preview on monday  *sighs*
btw @mrdimples thanks for the translations my heart oh my poor heart so Mok Dan will be away 
geez -EDIT-
wait a second ... from the preview...
the hug was all night?? cause she is sending him away in the morning ... and we saw the sunset in ep 12 right? ... from the text preview Shunji was wondering where Kang To were since he didnt see him sleep... so I should say was the longest hug ever XDDD

Guest Jessi15

@mrdimples Your comment makes me laugh so hard, the part about the clothes or the mask k :)) Thanks for the link to ep13 preview. It is so sad to see them say goodbye. I hope it won't be for too long, may be 1 episode. I can't think of the possibility where there is no BM-MD or KT-MD for the next 2 episodes. It is too much [-X So MD called BM "Young Master" ? And met with no response again? If so it is the strangest relationship ever.... and also confirms my thinking about MD's thinking or heart set on BM being the "Young Master". Oh my ... how is BM/KT going to get out of that alive? Isn't it like a suicide mission? I suspect he may be captured or injured and that's where Rie will come in and starts another 3 way love relationship... can't wait until Wed, why is it so slow ** sigh**

I hope the kiss will be as long as the hug XDDD

sometime a forehead kiss can be hotter, cuter and even better than a normal kiss geez is it wednesday already??? last weeks were a torture to me 

like literally XDDDD

guess we will have the kbs preview on monday  *sighs*

btw @mrdimples thanks for the translations my heart oh my poor heart

so Mok Dan will be away 

geez -EDIT-

wait a second ... from the preview...

the hug was all night?? cause she is sending him away in the morning ... and we saw the sunset in ep 12 right? ... from the text preview Shunji was wondering where Kang To were since he didnt see him sleep... so I should say was the longest hug ever XDDD

omomomooooo!!!thank you  @mrdimples  !

I just translated MD and KT's lines because come on... thats what we really want to know right?

episode 13 previewwwww omgahhhh
MD - I'll pray that we will one day meet again. When that day comes I hope to see your face. the face that must have changed. I'll pray that I can see your face.

KT - BoonYi, even though I let you go right now, I just need you to survive. Wherever you are, whatever you do I will always find you. when i find you I will always protect you.

AIGOOO I just hope he doesn't get hurt..... T^T that emo samurai looks menacing.... 

youtube link for the previewhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbTmB_an_ZM&feature=youtu.be

Guest dreamlover01

Hi. I've been a silent lurker and somehow i'm propelled to register and post something here. I was a soompi member about 10 years ago... Anyway, I'm loving this kdrama especially with what's happening with MD and KT. I hope MD will love KT and not BM. I watch BM live every Wednesday and Thursday night and I don't think many of you know about this link that I found accidentally. It's for smartphone users out there.

http://smart.kbs.co.kr/live/index.php

Guest sunshine4ever

@ DDuk, thank you so much for the preview..hic hic...waiting for translation...why do I feel so much love between Boon Yi and Bridal Mask? I love the preview. Can't wait for Wednesday to come. He kissed her forehead? *nervous* How can he be so gentle under a mask? Doesn't/isn't he always been this gentle as KT anyway? MD brought out the really good side of KT!

Dear alll, sorry, I'm been away for a while. Please pardon me if I repost something that has been posted.

“Bridal Mask” Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon’s voice become KBS’s phone voice

“You’re calling to KBS? I am Joo Won”

Hot couple of hot drama Bridal Mask of KBS on Wed-Thurs nights became KBS’s phone voice

Staring from 4th July, KBS changed their automatic voice on the phone into “Bridal Mask” main character’s voices. The automatic voice on the phone will last 30 seconds when someone call to KBS and instead of having waiting for the sound like: “Tuuuuuu…..”, they will hear: “Hello. I am Joo Won who is playing the role as Lee Kang To on KBS drama Bridal Mask. And I am Jin Se Yeon, playing the role as Mok Dan. Please give Bridal Mask your love”

This is the first time KBS change their phone’s automatic voice into the voice of actors on a drama. This is showed that KBS is really care about Bridal Mask. “Bridal Mask” is KBS’s special drama with the money of 100 millions.

A related person of KBS said: “We just try to do something new in the company and the idea of change automatic voice came out. “Bridal Mask” is received much more love from viewers, that’s why we chose Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon’s voices. We’ll set the automatic voice as their voice for 3 weeks”

“Bridal Mask” is now having a highest rating on rating race of Wed-Thurs drama with 14,8% (AGB), Ghost of SBS is 11,4% and “I Do I Do” of MBC is 8,7%

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1704859957

Engtrans: yoonshinli

http://joowonenglish.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/bridal-mask-joo-won-jin-se-yeons-voice-become-kbss-phonevoice/

Guest y101y

Omg ep13 preview!!! I hope Gaksital survives. I love the ost "goodbye day", it goes so well with the show.

Guest Starlitelet

I know this is too early to say, but do you think Kang To will die at the end of the drama? What are your prediction for these people's fates without having much gripe on the comics?

@kokky I love your artwork! I have been reblogging some of these graphics on tumblr. Its so nice to see you here at soompi. :D I love that graphi where you say "its never too late..." True. He made a decision, almost at the eleventh hour but look at what he's accomplishing now. Its changing him too.
@Dudie I agree that Shunji cannot find out about Kang To being Gaksital for a good long time. I think it will happen towards the end. At this point Kang to would have to go into hiding if his cover is blown. It defeats the purpose of him living this double life. Right now this is how it needs to be, with Shunji and Co. clueless or at least unable to pin point Kang To as Gaksital.
@mrdimples thank you for those links. The upcoming episodes look so exciting! Cannot wait. :D Gaksital crashing this gala is going to be very action packed and there will definetely be some amusing moments. 
@secretlyforyou I really want that to happen if she's away for an episode or 2. I am hoping we get some gamechangers here because I would love for there to be more Kang To/Mok Dan interaction to get her thinking about him and his motives.

I realize that most revenge dramas tend to have pretty tragic endings for the characters pursuing revenge. And right at the start I went into this show thinking it would be a revenge drama, but what has really hit home for me was how much of a redemption story it is. Sure, he went after his mother's killer (kenji) within hours of her death and burial beside his brother, but ever since then all the casualties have been people on his brother's hit list. Crooks who Kang San knew were decieving the Josean people and who needed to be brought to justice. Heroes usually step in when people are unable to save themselves from situations. They avenge people who are in helpless situations. When he put an end to the crooked former police chief and returned the bill of sale documents to the people I think Kang To was avenging those people. If not he could have just finished the man off and kept going. But he did something for those people, among whom were folks who had insulted him and still would if they saw him without the mask. Then he saw them thanking him with grateful hearts. I think the cold heart he had towards the world is thawing. Agreeing to work with Damsari and helping them with their plans shows that he's now working towards the greater good. 
I might be one of the unpopular ones who wants Kang To to live, but I'll say it, unpopular as I may be for doing so. I hope he lives. 
Even if you felt he should die to properly be redeemed or atone for his sins, think about it. Dying is the easy way out. And lots of dramas do it. I would love if this writer took on the challenge of writing about a character who found redemption in his lifetime and then lived to tell the story. Now that's something worth telling!And living...with all his memories, of his wrongdoings and eventual redeption...that is harder. Living is harder.And gosh darn it, I want some hope at the end of all this! ;):D I want to believe that in a world when crazy things happen there are everyday heroes and that these men, despite their mistakes in the past can have some sort of future. 
At the end of the day what are the offences he should die for? Killing Kang San? Killing Kenji? Serving the regime?I would think that serving the regime was a choice he made to keep his family out of poverty. He tortured people and even tortured Mok Dan. At the time she was merely a problem case for him. Then she became this link to Gaksital. All he saw was a girl he could try and use to lure Gaksital. His years under the regime had desensitized him and to him torturing her was like torturing anyone else. I do not condone what he did for one minute. I'm simply saying he did it strategically and not because he didn't like her or something personal. Of course when he realized who she was he backed down in seconds. Now is this acceptable? That he treated her this way, whoever she was? No? Should he die for this? I would like to think: no.
Forgive me for saying this but I don't hate him for killing Kenji. True it was a moment of rage and he was exacting revenge-not something I condone. But I don't hate him because Kenji was a terrible man. He showed no remorse for accidentally shooting Kang To and Kang San's mother who succumed to her wounds. He laughed about how their home had been burned to the ground. And it was sheer dumb luck that Kang San did not kill him that night. Kang To showed up and his intervention saved Kenji. If not for that Kang San might have killed Kenji for the same reason-revenge.As for the death of Kang San...unpopular opion again-Kang To shot a man in a mask that he had been chasing after. He did not know it was his brother. Why? His brother never told him. In the years when Kang To was young and still wide-eyed and not as removed or cold, Kang San never found it in his heart to tell his brother or mother. I really wonder about this.
Everytime I heard Kang San think "Kang To ah....its me, your hyung. Your hyung" when he was wearing that mask, I was practically screaming out loud "Kang San you brother does not know that! You want him to realize its you but you're not telling him!" And where did that get him? He was shot by Kang To who had no clue that the vigilante he shot was the older brother he adored.
There will be casualties in this show. The whole premise of the show pretty much guarantees that there will be some big deaths. Some of them will probably really hit us in the gut. I just hope Kang To and Mok Dan are not among them. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic but I hope he makes it through. That at the end of all of this, when all the bullets have flown and the battles have been fought and the dust finally settles, he and his beloved Boon Yi are left standing, ready to start the rest of their journey.

Archived