[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

@nenechanchan ok, I'll acquisce and agree that he more than cares about her. I think we can then compromise that he's at that 1st level of love, where his feelings are still strongly influenced by past and present regret. EP 11 & 12 were definitely a turning point and now he'll start to fall in love with her present self. And what's more I think that MD will fall for KT not knowing he's her young master. That would really be a nice touch if she'd fall for what and how he is now not being under the influence of old feelings AT ALL. Just imagine how happy KT would be :') tumblr_m6gn0lheT21qcgmhf.gif

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aikawaringo

cravey

wrote:

»

it's to early for him to be in love with her. I still think he just cares very much about her. But we're getting to the falling in love part. They just need more moments together where he is KT not Gaksital. And I think a few "weird" (from Mok Dan's POV) actions from Kang To towards her and she'll remember what that ajusshi said that maybe KT likes her and that will get her thinking that maybe, just maybe he does. Maybe he's changed. I just want her to fall in love with him as Kang To not as Gaksital. Please, writer, make it happen so 

[-O<

<br />

And I say that first kiss will happen in episode 18 

;))

And it will be between KT as KT

@aikawaringo when all's said and done and she'll know everything, I think she'll be able to overlook that :) All the good he's done and is yet to do will overshadow that time of "dark Kang To". I've seen similar thing happen before on a TV show (hint hint my avatar LOL), so I know it's possible to overlook even more serious things than slaps and whips.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of us want MD to fall for KT before she learns that he is Gaksital or the young master. I think she realizes that he changed a bit, everytime he's acting considerate or smiling at her or when he looks at her with his eyes that say how hurt he is to know that she hates him enough to want to kill him... Ahhhh those eyes, they do weird things to me ahaha! I think it would be possible for her to fall for him as KT and it would mean so much more for KT to know that not every joseon people hate him.

Guest Jessi15

@cravey I agree that it would be wonderful to see MD fall for KT and not BM but if we look at the last hugging scene in EP12 then I can't see how it is possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong that by this stage of the drama, MD seems dead set that BM is her Young Master although I don't see how because he never said a word to confirm that he is indeed Young Master that she thought him to be. Remember the scene in the forest where MD first met KT/BM and she said something like "... even if you are not the Young Master..." so I think that she only THINKS that BM must be her Young Master because she found the knife in the valley. I think that the writer and production company has overlooked some crucial points that makes the story realistically. Another scene in EP12 where I found it a bit far-fetched and unreal is where SJ woke up after being hit in the police station and run after and found BM with Comrade Park talking. The camera angle shows that he can see them clearly, not as if they are hidden behind the pillar or something and yet with his skill, he missed!!! I need to go back and check it again to be sure, may be I have missed something..

Now let us go back to the discussion about MD falling for KT, to me the HUG in last episode confirms how deeply she is in love with BM. I don't think it is a hug out of gratitude for having safe her life. It is part of but not just because of that reason. From the way she keeps holding on to the knife consistently from the ep1 to now, that act speaks for itself that she is the type who is true to her love and she won't easily fall out of love (now this is where I puzzled and contradicted myself that we viewers knows that KT and Young Master is one person but what if MD found that BM is not who she thinks he is!!). If that hug didn't come about then yes, I would agree it is possible for her to gradually fall in love with KT may be after a lot of painful soul-searching but after seeing the way she hugged BM, I can't think how the writer is going to make MD falling for KT as KT. Well, with drama it is nothing impossible but to make it happen, there needs to be a lot of twists and I am all for it if they can think of some plausible scenarios to push the rating up.

Ah, I wish for one of us here knows Korean so that we may leave some messages in Joo Won Daum Cafe heheh... JW said in the video that posted by sunshine4ever that he would often checks for comments and videos etc...

Wonder what happens to EP13 preview? Could it be that they are doing what-so-called live-shooting? or are they changing the tactic in the hope of bringing the rating back to 1st place? why the week goes to slowly  ** sigh** ? Also wonder when we are going to see Rie in action? She is supposedly to be skilled in martial arts and in the interview and press conference, it is indicated that we will see her in action. Same with MD, I want to see her to do some more fighting scenes like in the 1st episode and not just running away or being chased at.

Guest alysanne

@Jessi15: During the time when they were talking about extending Gaksital, the PD said that they already have a script until Episode 14.  But if they're shooting too slowly, then they might have already gone into live-shooting mode.  There's a written preview for Ep. 13 in the Facebook fan page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/%EA%B0%81%EC%8B%9C%ED%83%88-Gaksital-Bridal-Mask-KBS/357051687695412

ep 12 was really good this week. Love the sleeping scene with KT and Shunji... now KT knows how his brother felt when they did the exact scene.

Unable to tell Shunji how he feels and hear him crying and his suffering... poor thing!!

It's great to see KT has changed. Although he still carry out the orders, but much more smarter...

This drama is addictive... why's the rating dropping? Although Ghost is great too.. but Bridal Mask should be NO. 1.

Can I ask, why is this post flag as spam?? I don't get it. Please explain.

Guest Jessi15

@Jessi15: During the time when they were talking about extending Gaksital, the PD said that they already have a script until Episode 14.  But if they're shooting too slowly, then they might have already gone into live-shooting mode.  There's a written preview for Ep. 13 in the Facebook fan page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/%EA%B0%81%EC%8B%9C%ED%83%88-Gaksital-Bridal-Mask-KBS/357051687695412

@Jessi15 I acknowledge your points and worries. We're all worried as to how the writer will develop all these feelings. But, remember how we all used to worry of how they'll show KT's transformation into Gaksital - would it be too fast, would it look realistically, would we be able to see the "whys", etc. And it turned out great. I think with 16 eps to go, the writer still has time to come up with enough twists and turns and to show us MD falling for KT. Again - fingers crossed  [-O<
P.S - LOIS LANE FELL FOR SUPERMAN BEFORE SHE FELL FOR CLARK KENT AS HIMSELF ;))

I've been lurking on this thread for a while, but I had to come out of hiding to comment on a few things. (=
@Jessie15 I don't know, for me, she's not in love with Bridal Mask. She herself might be confusing what she feels as just that because she probably doesn't really know what being in love is. It comes across to me as idolization and hero worship(and really it makes sense, what girl wouldn't fantasize about a guy that keeps saving her? ). You can't be in love with someone if you don't know them. She doesn't know the man under the mask at all. She knows the boy from 13 years ago, she doesn't know the man he is today. Her falling for Kang To is another story and I think once that happens, she will really know what being in love is. Because she has seen the bad Kang To already, now she will start seeing more and more of his good side - knowing and accepting both sides to him, that is being in love with someone to me. And I am definitely one of those people that would like to see her develop some feelings for Kang To himself before she finds out he's Bridal Mask/Young Master. 
@aikawaringo I think its possible. When all is said and done, she will be able to forgive him for what he's done. I actually think Kang To will be the one that won't be able to forgive himself moreso than her. Maybe I've seen too many other shows where the couples have this very type of set up and the writers make it work. LOL. On TV shows, nothing is impossible for me. To me, Mok Dan is the key for Kang To to heal and live any kind of a life after this is all over. 

@cravey heeee  :D Never say never, that's what I say. 
Also, it looks like we have an explanation of why there is no preview. They are STILL shooting 13/14, according to Joo Won. His tweet - from today(that someone roughly translated)
Translation (not verbatim):
Shooting all day and night for 13th and 14th episodes. Doing actions and competes in practice of course. Drama will also be funny ^^ Expecting a lot of good things.

Guest y101y

@Secretlyforyou i totally agree with your comment about MD falling for KT. Writers turned bad KT to good KT, good Shunji to bad Shunji when we all thing how is it possible. So they got to show us MD falling for KT.

Also isn't KT the main character here and doesn't the main character gets the girl in the story??? After all it is a drama!

@cravey as a fellow Delena shipper I understand what you mean about pairs in impossible situations and ships that don't seem like they can work. Lets keep the faith that the writer will deliver and that this show's otp will take off! :D
@secretlyforyou I agree 100%. Fantasizing about a man in a mask is not love. It might be a girlish crush or infatuation. To truly love someone you have to know them, flaws and all. That's love. Its ironic isn't it that its now Kang To under the mask and not Kang San...and yet she cannot tell the difference? I think she would have paid more attention if this was more than just a crush. Right now he is someone she dreams about and has an idealistic view of. Kang To, with his flaws and her issues with him, is still a real guy standing in front of her. I too cannot wait to see their interaction and I agree that I'd love if she started feeling for him before it became a Mok Dan/Gaksital thing. I think a big gesture is needed here. Kang To needs to do something that changes the way she views him quite drastically. Next week might provide that.
Just my two cents...
I think it is realistic to have a man slowly become a hero as opposed to there being an overnight change. Most superhero stories are shown in movies where within the space of an hour and a half, the hero's journey is told. With 24 (now maybe 28) episodes to tell this story it makes sense not to rush it. Kang To had his first big eureka moment when he discovered that Mok Dan was his beloved Boon Yi and then when he lost his brother and mother it devastated him and catapulted him to the point he is at now. His journey is not over and that's what makes this so interesting. He is still en route to becoming the hero...Gaksital proper. He's still finding his way. He's wearing the mask but he has more to learn. He's chosen the right path now and that is what has all of us cheering.I also find it really interesting that his skipping in the forest was due to his decision to help Damsari and not just because of Mok Dan. He's happy that he's doing the right thing. This is yet another step in the right direction. He's beginning to feel it, as opposed to just doing it (like when he avenges his family by killing Kenji). He will become the kind of man that Mok Dan can be proud of and one who she will love. Its like they are both the right people for each other but the timing wasn't right before. We are getting there though.
As for his past deeds, I think its important to consider the Context. When he tortured her he was an officer under the regime who had chosen to serve the regime to put food on the table for him family. Like it or not it was part of his job to interrogate people. He is very ashamed about this now and we see how he is unable to continue doing it. Having to whip her in the torture room seemed to kill him on the inside. Another thing to remember is the time. This is set in the 1930s where the Josean people were under the Japanese regime so seeing violence like this was more commonplace. I do not condone it, I'm simply saying that in this context it was almost a way of life for them to be dodging bullets and sessions in the torture chamber. If this happened today it would be considered horrific. Look back at the dramas set in the Josean era or before. A man who did something treacherous would be put to death. Even his family was put to death as part of his punishment. A woman dressing up as a man and being educated (hello Sungkyunkwan Scandal) was considered a huge scandal and a punishable offense. CONTEXT matters. It really does.
EDIT: @y101y I love your comment because it just added some levity to all this. :D The way this is set up, technically he should get the girl. KDramaland rules dictate it!
You so rightly pointed out how the characters have switched places. Just like people are so horrified at Shunji's reactions, I wish more people would cheer about Kang To's choice to be a better man.

@princess_narnia exactly, if one can forgive killing one's brother (thank God for eternity rings...or not - RIP Alaric :( ), then one can forgive slaps and whips.
I will just put my faith in the writer and trust him to do a good job. So far I've no complaints ;)

@cravey haha, so true. ;) The context in which so many of those things happened really matters. He's a different man now. And even though he shot at her in ep 5, was it? He didn't know it was her at the time. His horror at what he had done was so evident. He's trying and he's working his way towards being someone worthy of her. I just want Mok Dan to have an eye opener and realize that Kang To isn't the same guy anymore.
Agreed. :D So far things have been well balanced. I do like proper build up even to romance so I'm prepared to wait. I just hope next week has a few nice surprises that push the OTP together in some way...

Guest crazy lulu

i'm on team Kangto-Mok Dan, ALL THE WAAAYY.

mok dan with gaksital still feels awkward to me. it's like she's in love with a ghost--nothing's real about it. her affections were technically first for hyung (heh) anyways, so whenever she's ogling gaksital, i get a little :-/.

same goes for the young master-boonyi love. that was your life of OLD, kangto and mok dan. let's move on, k.

now kangto-mok dan... :D.

Archived