[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

whether you liked today's episode or not you got to admit....
2m2xibm.jpg
.... the man's got NICEEEE HAIRRRRRRRR
I was like....2jix4.gif
TROLOLOLOLOLLLLL 
ok on but on a serious note, I actually liked today's episode. Yeah it wasn't as epic as last weeks but you know what, it was still AWESOME as HECK!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

Hi..

Yeah,agree with starletlite. I too thought about how can so many policeman be so incapable for not being able to catch 1 person, while they were already being warned beforehand. Then again, I can still say that there are a lot of guests in the room so the police can't just shoot him recklessly.

Still..yeah, the writer need to fix the plot holes. And I also agree that someone needs to use a bazooka to create some major chaos. I mean, we're talking about a rebellion here..

Guest alysanne

@sunshine4ever: Thanks for posting the song! It's nice, though it has less of an impact compared to the first 2 songs.  Looking forward to an MV!

I've just arrived from Bruce Springsteen concert with my Dad it's almost 3 am in the morning I am dead tired (:|  I even fell and bloodied my knees, nevertheless it was worth it, and the first thing I did was to find a link to BM episode 13 and immediately watched it I seriously belong to an asylum this must be psychopatological condition 8-}.

I must say it was a quality episode. I squeeled how viciously had KT put Rie in her place =D>. How amazingly fast Gaksital is he can dodge bullets flying at him, now, I knew why he wears showy white gown - it has mysterious powers that help him avoid bullets and not the other logical way around ;) But I must admit that KT's dodging of bullets is probably the sexiest one I've ever seen. Plus KT put the knife to the neck of Shunji's father and dared S to not hesitate just as he had warned him!!!

I just don't like the way they brought in MD. It's a terrible danger after all the perils KT've gone through only to keep her alive and she just marches into the courtyard of one of the most powerful men of annexed Korea and under the very nose of police. I've read it's supposed to be a disguse but it looked like a bad joke to me. Why not put some glasses at least? Never heard of basic rules of disguise in K-dramas?: CHANGE YOUR HAIR, CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES AND PUT ON A MASK/GLASSES(your choice) FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.

I really love this drama to bits but it has some flaws that rattle me because when I'm addicted to a drama deep down I always simply want it to be perfect no matter how unreasonable notion it is. I can overlook some of them but others not so much and I like to share my opinions with you. I would gladly always rant about how great the drama is JW's acting, directing, music,...is, but I've written those odes on BM a few times before and it seems to me pointless to do so again since it's apparent to me that everybody who comes to this thread knows of its amazing qualities:x .

Tomorrow I'm going to watch live again if I wake up ;) and the livestream and internet connection holds. SEE YOU LATER TOMOR...TODAY :-h

Ps.: I found great MV in youtube:

Guest Starlitelet

@alysanne and @secretelyforyou
Thanks for the responses. I think I got slightly carried away, and thought that perhaps Kang To knew of her status since she was brought to the Commemoration. He treated her more of an inferior rather than someone of the same status as him. I guess it's the factor that he sees through her two-face actions.
No, Kang To doesn't know anything about Rie's relation to Koshikai yet. 
@rhaps and @sunshine4ever
It's true that Kang To got the idea that there were no guns in the room at that moment. However, it was pretty silly of the Imperial polices to dismiss that they might deal with Bridal Mask and "terrorists". Even though they know that Dam Sa Ri and Bridal Mask might strike, they were awfully unprepared - haha. I know I'm being picky, but those are the minor details that makes a difference between a masterpiece and something purely great.
Also, Bridal Mask never even got hit once. It's like he's invincible. I wonder why Kang To didn't use all these moves when he had to fight the previous Bridal Mask, Kang San - haha! 

I really love this drama to bits but it has some flaws that rattle me because when I'm addicted to a drama deep down I always simply want it to be perfect no matter how unreasonable notion it is. 

Guest crazy lulu

OHHH MYYYY GOOOSHH. just watched ep 13 with subs. AAAANNGGST.

wha? i loved ep 13. got my heart beating fast. these people be smart.

damsari, you must live. ~

^^ I sorta want to just go "what she said" to @secretflyforyou's post but I'll add my two cents also. :)

@trixicopper I'm with you in that Damsari might be the first of the rebels to guess. The idea was raised by his people before but he shot it down because he remembered the courthouse back when Kang San was Gaksital and Kang To was standing there with the prisoners. He just needs to think out of the box a bit. The lady with him who poses as his wife for these little missions was far more willing to pursue the "Kang To as Gaksital" option but after it was shot down that was it. I think that idea was raised or seconded by one of Damsari's assistant guys? If so, then its a matter of time before this group is in the know so to speak.

I just don't like the way they brought in MD. It's a terrible danger after all the perils KT've gone through only to keep her alive and she just marches into the courtyard of one of the most powerful men of annexed Korea and under the very nose of police. I've read it's supposed to be a disguse but it looked like a bad joke to me. Why not put some glasses at least? Never heard of basic rules of disguise in K-dramas?: CHANGE YOUR HAIR, CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES AND PUT ON A MASK/GLASSES(your choice) FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.

I really love this drama to bits but it has some flaws that rattle me because when I'm addicted to a drama deep down I always simply want it to be perfect no matter how unreasonable notion it is. I can overlook some of them but others not so much and I like to share my opinions with you. I would gladly always rant about how great the drama is JW's acting, directing, music,...is, but I've written those odes on BM a few times before and it seems to me pointless to do so again since it's apparent to me that everybody who comes to this thread knows of its amazing qualities:x .

Guest flipz

Why does the police care if their guns and ammo are stolen? Guns seem to be the most useless weapon in the show to the force. My 4 yr old cousin can shoot better playing duck hunt on super nintendo.

P.S.
And my prediction was right about Rie stopping her bodyguard at the annexation. She is just as cryptic as KT. "I want to see how well the imperial force does" really means, "I'm pretty sure KT is Gaksital and I am kind of infatuated with him so please don't hurt him Mr. Bodyguard."

Guest Jessi15

Just something has been at the back of my mind: where did KT learn his martial arts? He seemed to be very skilled in martial arts but it was never mentioned where he learned it from? His skill is of an excellent fighter and it can't be self-taught. He only learned the use of sword with Shunji but that was only limited. In Kang San, his brother's case, is understandable because KS probably has the help of Baek Gun.

I don't know about you but I can't seem to get rid of this picture in my mind where KT and MD met eye to eye with one another outside the Count's house and he just walked straight pass her like she was never there and moreover, she never questioned or feel puzzled if he recognized her and why he did not do anything? That scene seems really weird.. because if she was in disguise then it was the worst disguise I have ever seen in dramas. Even her disguise as a man in the earlier episode is a lot better.

Guest ricecak3

After the beginning romance to the

Just something has been at the back of my mind: where did KT learn his martial arts? He seemed to be very skilled in martial arts but it was never mentioned where he learned it from? His skill is of an excellent fighter and it can't be self-taught. He only learned the use of sword with Shunji but that was only limited. In Kang San, his brother's case, is understandable because KS probably has the help of Baek Gun.

I don't know about you but I can't seem to get rid of this picture in my mind where KT and MD met eye to eye with one another outside the Count's house and he just walked straight pass her like she was never there and moreover, she never questioned or feel puzzled if he recognized her and why he did not do anything? That scene seems really weird.. because if she was in disguise then it was the worst disguise I have ever seen in dramas. Even her disguise as a man in the earlier episode is a lot better.

Guest flipz

Guest ricecak3

I hope Rie will help KT, and I think she will.
Also, didn't Damsari say in previous episodes that there was a undercover cop helping them? And in today's episode during the police station scene Kimura stated only one Joseon person worked here. Flaw? I guess so?

Guest Jessi15

It showed in episode 9 in a flashback...KT was begging to Kenji to teach him but was ignored for being a Joseon person..Shunji felt burden for him so decided to teach him privately. 

Guest trixicopper

As far as Gaksital fighting his way through a crowd of police officers single handedly, anybody here ever seen an action movie? Happens all the time for the hero to take on crowds of bad guys alone. Throw in that the source material

for this drama is a comic, it's probably best to just sit back and not question things to closely. :)

MD going along on the mission today didn't bother me. She wasn't supposed to be anywhere that those who know her would be. It's not like she was going to go into the party where there would be people who would recognize her.

No one expected KT to show up like that at the Counts mansion. Since we know she's not stupid, I would like her to calm down enough for five minutes though and realize that there is NO way KT would have NOT recognized her at the Counts.

She needs to realize that something is up, put some pieces together, and start questioning KTs behavior. Hopefully soon. :)

Guest crazy lulu

Guest sunshine4ever

I just finished episode 13 with subs. Thank you God and Viki community and fansub for the subs! I cannot believe how great it was watching it live and then watching it again with subs because now I can understand everything.

I understand now why you guys were so against the idea of MD going to the annexation thing! Craziness. SJ is there and he'll know it's her for sure.

I have some thoughts to wrap up for this episode:

1. Did any of you notice SJ dad's expression when SJ was torturing DSR? Ooh, it was classically scary --- it seemed for both Taro and KT. Poor KT. He had to stand there and watch BY's dad got tortured.

2. Rie probably already knows that BM is KT and/or she really just wants to see what's up next without interfering. (I would wonder why no one is asking why KT is not around so often. Isn't it clear for people that most of the time our BM appeared, KT suddenly ran out of sight?)

3. There were couple of hints as to how DSR should know KT is BM especially with KT letting DSR slide so many times. It would be lame how DSR & MD kept saying that KT did not recognize them. KT is not that stupid, people!

4. DSR was so smart to put the bomb inside the hat and at the right moment because as SJ was walking in, KT was also checking so technically both of them let DSR in, so KT won't have to deal with the blame. I hope.

5. Wasn't sure what MD's task is, but it seems like she's accepted to the club as freedom fighters, no? I'm not sure how she's going to fight as I haven't seen her doing anything except being captured several times for the past episodes. But I'm glad there is progress.

6. Love the preview especially the end where MD was saying that she'll use SJ. Oh, I can't wait. Does that mean that she'll be sweet to SJ and pretend that she's in love with him? And KT see all of this? LOL. Oh, I can't wait.

7. The part where KT was touching Rie's face and was slightly twisting it and said some warnings to her cause me to crack up. If he knows how evil she is, he'd be freaking out.

8. Kang To is a total genius in this episode.

9. I love the count..without him, I cannot and will not be able to enjoy this episode. Every time he was scared cracks me up because his expression is so funny.

Some screen captures.

SJ's new hairstyle.

mts9yg.jpg

This is not the first time KT was wearing pink, so I can't help but capture it.
apjom9.jpg

most favorite scene here when BM was jumping up with SJ's dad's sword to cut the 22nd anniversary banner...

2w7ixbn.jpg

2w7ixbn.jpg

24e165l.jpg

Guest trixicopper

@sunshine4ever

That last pic you posted, where Gaksital slashes the banner is awesome. It would have been even better if he had managed to slash the Kinoshikai (sp?) symbol into the Japanese flag on his way down. :)

Archived