Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@cravey Personally, I don't think she will be gone that long. At the max an episode or so and even then they might give us scenes wherever she is at.

@ DDuk, thank you so much for the preview..hic hic...waiting for translation...why do I feel so much love between Boon Yi and Bridal Mask? I love the preview. Can't wait for Wednesday to come. He kissed her forehead? *nervous* How can he be so gentle under a mask? Doesn't/isn't he always been this gentle as KT anyway? MD brought out the really good side of KT!

Dear alll, sorry, I'm been away for a while. Please pardon me if I repost something that has been posted.

“Bridal Mask” Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon’s voice become KBS’s phone voice

“You’re calling to KBS? I am Joo Won”

Hot couple of hot drama Bridal Mask of KBS on Wed-Thurs nights became KBS’s phone voice

Staring from 4th July, KBS changed their automatic voice on the phone into “Bridal Mask” main character’s voices. The automatic voice on the phone will last 30 seconds when someone call to KBS and instead of having waiting for the sound like: “Tuuuuuu…..”, they will hear: “Hello. I am Joo Won who is playing the role as Lee Kang To on KBS drama Bridal Mask. And I am Jin Se Yeon, playing the role as Mok Dan. Please give Bridal Mask your love”

This is the first time KBS change their phone’s automatic voice into the voice of actors on a drama. This is showed that KBS is really care about Bridal Mask. “Bridal Mask” is KBS’s special drama with the money of 100 millions.

A related person of KBS said: “We just try to do something new in the company and the idea of change automatic voice came out. “Bridal Mask” is received much more love from viewers, that’s why we chose Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon’s voices. We’ll set the automatic voice as their voice for 3 weeks”

“Bridal Mask” is now having a highest rating on rating race of Wed-Thurs drama with 14,8% (AGB), Ghost of SBS is 11,4% and “I Do I Do” of MBC is 8,7%

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1704859957

Engtrans: yoonshinli

http://joowonenglish.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/bridal-mask-joo-won-jin-se-yeons-voice-become-kbss-phonevoice/

Waaaaaahhhhh That forehead kiss OMG so so sooooooo sweet :). Imagine us if a real kiss is going to happen (which will ;) ) But I dont want it in the last episodes, please give us at least 8kisses :P

I hope the kiss will be as long as the hug XDDD

sometime a forehead kiss can be hotter, cuter and even better than a normal kiss geez is it wednesday already??? last weeks were a torture to me 

Omg ep13 preview!!! I hope Gaksital survives. I love the ost "goodbye day", it goes so well with the show.

I know this is too early to say, but do you think Kang To will die at the end of the drama? What are your prediction for these people's fates without having much gripe on the comics?

@kokky I love your artwork! I have been reblogging some of these graphics on tumblr. Its so nice to see you here at soompi. :D I love that graphi where you say "its never too late..." True. He made a decision, almost at the eleventh hour but look at what he's accomplishing now. Its changing him too.
@Dudie I agree that Shunji cannot find out about Kang To being Gaksital for a good long time. I think it will happen towards the end. At this point Kang to would have to go into hiding if his cover is blown. It defeats the purpose of him living this double life. Right now this is how it needs to be, with Shunji and Co. clueless or at least unable to pin point Kang To as Gaksital.
@mrdimples thank you for those links. The upcoming episodes look so exciting! Cannot wait. :D Gaksital crashing this gala is going to be very action packed and there will definetely be some amusing moments. 
@secretlyforyou I really want that to happen if she's away for an episode or 2. I am hoping we get some gamechangers here because I would love for there to be more Kang To/Mok Dan interaction to get her thinking about him and his motives.

I realize that most revenge dramas tend to have pretty tragic endings for the characters pursuing revenge. And right at the start I went into this show thinking it would be a revenge drama, but what has really hit home for me was how much of a redemption story it is. Sure, he went after his mother's killer (kenji) within hours of her death and burial beside his brother, but ever since then all the casualties have been people on his brother's hit list. Crooks who Kang San knew were decieving the Josean people and who needed to be brought to justice. Heroes usually step in when people are unable to save themselves from situations. They avenge people who are in helpless situations. When he put an end to the crooked former police chief and returned the bill of sale documents to the people I think Kang To was avenging those people. If not he could have just finished the man off and kept going. But he did something for those people, among whom were folks who had insulted him and still would if they saw him without the mask. Then he saw them thanking him with grateful hearts. I think the cold heart he had towards the world is thawing. Agreeing to work with Damsari and helping them with their plans shows that he's now working towards the greater good. 
I might be one of the unpopular ones who wants Kang To to live, but I'll say it, unpopular as I may be for doing so. I hope he lives. 
Even if you felt he should die to properly be redeemed or atone for his sins, think about it. Dying is the easy way out. And lots of dramas do it. I would love if this writer took on the challenge of writing about a character who found redemption in his lifetime and then lived to tell the story. Now that's something worth telling!And living...with all his memories, of his wrongdoings and eventual redeption...that is harder. Living is harder.And gosh darn it, I want some hope at the end of all this! ;):D I want to believe that in a world when crazy things happen there are everyday heroes and that these men, despite their mistakes in the past can have some sort of future. 
At the end of the day what are the offences he should die for? Killing Kang San? Killing Kenji? Serving the regime?I would think that serving the regime was a choice he made to keep his family out of poverty. He tortured people and even tortured Mok Dan. At the time she was merely a problem case for him. Then she became this link to Gaksital. All he saw was a girl he could try and use to lure Gaksital. His years under the regime had desensitized him and to him torturing her was like torturing anyone else. I do not condone what he did for one minute. I'm simply saying he did it strategically and not because he didn't like her or something personal. Of course when he realized who she was he backed down in seconds. Now is this acceptable? That he treated her this way, whoever she was? No? Should he die for this? I would like to think: no.
Forgive me for saying this but I don't hate him for killing Kenji. True it was a moment of rage and he was exacting revenge-not something I condone. But I don't hate him because Kenji was a terrible man. He showed no remorse for accidentally shooting Kang To and Kang San's mother who succumed to her wounds. He laughed about how their home had been burned to the ground. And it was sheer dumb luck that Kang San did not kill him that night. Kang To showed up and his intervention saved Kenji. If not for that Kang San might have killed Kenji for the same reason-revenge.As for the death of Kang San...unpopular opion again-Kang To shot a man in a mask that he had been chasing after. He did not know it was his brother. Why? His brother never told him. In the years when Kang To was young and still wide-eyed and not as removed or cold, Kang San never found it in his heart to tell his brother or mother. I really wonder about this.
Everytime I heard Kang San think "Kang To ah....its me, your hyung. Your hyung" when he was wearing that mask, I was practically screaming out loud "Kang San you brother does not know that! You want him to realize its you but you're not telling him!" And where did that get him? He was shot by Kang To who had no clue that the vigilante he shot was the older brother he adored.
There will be casualties in this show. The whole premise of the show pretty much guarantees that there will be some big deaths. Some of them will probably really hit us in the gut. I just hope Kang To and Mok Dan are not among them. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic but I hope he makes it through. That at the end of all of this, when all the bullets have flown and the battles have been fought and the dust finally settles, he and his beloved Boon Yi are left standing, ready to start the rest of their journey.

I want MD and KT living. Together. Happily.

It's not written anywhere that a hero has to die to make him great or his actions worthier. U.U

I want MD and KT living. Together. Happily.

It's not written anywhere that a hero has to die to make him great or his actions worthier. U.U

@princess_narnia & @Lily_Rose

I so agree with both of you. I am sure Kangto will live in the end but somehow I am afraid Mokdan will die :(. I hope both of them will make it so that they can be there for each other and finally marry and produce some offsprings :P. Sorry but both of them have no one (I think Mokdan's father will die) and it would be afwul if they end up dead. I have two options: both death or both alive. I cant wait for their kisssss :P

@princess_narnia3fBBY.gif
oh gosh, you know I agree with you so much. And really this drama, while it does have its revenge element - it is not completely about that. Plus, in a good percentage of the revenge dramas I've watched its about a good person going down a dark path and losing who they are - thus why a lot of them die. Kang To, it started differently. He started out the bad guy and is slowly working his way to the light. Do I want to see him die after he works at becoming a better person and helping his own people? NO WAY. And really since so many people are expecting that, I'd like to see the writer surprise people and let him live with his love. 
@Lily_Rose Exactly! He doesn't have to die for all the good he's going to accomplish to matter. 

@marie67 hang in there, dear. I'm really hoping that the writer aims to bring them through this and let them survive...after all there is this back story of them as childhood sweethearts. They've made it to this point against some crazy odds (they should both have died in that field over a decade ago) so I'd like to think they will both make it out of this together. :D :Lets keep hoping. :)
I'm waiting for the mushy scenes too. Really hoping we get some really romantic stuff.Haha, gosh I'd love to see the little Kang Tos and Mok Dans running around. Bet they'll be as feisty as their mommy and as devious as their dad. 
EDIT:
@secretlyforyou oh how I wish I had an appropriate gif right now to react to your comment! :D Ideally something with a hysterically happy person hopping about! ;) What you said about Kang To's journey being the opposite of what happens in most revenge dramas...SO SO SO SO TRUE, girl! This is a right switcheroo. After all this I sincerely want him to live. To continue being the hero.
And I'm so with you about the writer doing something different here. Why not? :D

SOOOoooOOOooo here is my take on the Kangto and Mokdan relationship....
I'm sorry.I want things to go slow for this couple. (ok not slow to the point where I want to stab my eyeballs out) but slowly?... If you get my drift?She is head over heels in love with Gaksital which I am totally fine with. But she see him as a wonderful personification of what her dorumnim would be....
Kangto is everything that she hates.Kangto sides with the Japanese, He tortured her, put her in front of a firing squad, smacked her around... 
You cannot fall in love with someone like that right away. Love isn't an on and off switch. It needs to be gradual.
Yeah, Kangto dropped hints that he is the dorumnim from her past but after all that he's done to her, you can't help that Mokdan just can't see through that. If she did that would just defy logic. 
Do I want Kangto and Mokdan to be together? HELL YEAH. Do I want it to happen right away? NOOOO.
So, that's my take on this couple.. what do you think?

@DDuk The thing is.. it's already moving at a snails pace. LOL. We are hitting the halfway point this week and she still hates him. For me one of two things needs to happen
1) He needs to make some grand gesture either by helping her circus friends or father out  - in order for her to see that he is changing and that he might not be the guy she knew before. He gave her that warning about a spy....... IMO, he did get through to her there because I think if he hadn't shown up and warned her, she wouldn't have been on guard so much - and might not have been so observant with Rie. 
or
2) She needs to find out he's Gaksital. 
Personally, I prefer the first option because I'd rather she didn't know he was her young master for a while. And she doesn't even have to develop feelings in any way for him at this point - just see that he has changed a bit. I'd like to see their relationship move forward, even if its only one step right now - its been at a standstill for a while. And considering their past it is understandable, but I think something needs to happen. 
For me, shes not in love with Gaksital. I've already gotten into this a few pages back, but for me its idol worship and fascination. He's her hero, so, its understandable. But I'm not of the thinking you can love someone you don't even know. She doesn't know the man under that mask at all. She thinks she does but even then its her memory of a boy 13 years ago. She doesn't know the man he is now.

i still don't like the thought of gaksital and mok dan together. :'(

kangto-yaaaa, FTW!

thoughts on a possible ending:

tumblr_m6m224JvcM1qdj81g.png

Since confirmation of Bridal Mask's four episode extension, and as much as I'm glad that we have it because the story has so much to work through with the characters and plot, I'm nervous, especially for the ending.

There are those predicting a tragic end for Lee Kangto and those hoping for a happy one. I am on the Happy Ending Ship and please, please, PLEASE do not sink us, writers. I have a fear that they might, but ultimately, I don't think they will because I don't believe the writers and producers are ignorant of the times today.

This might be my irrational love for Gaksital (and Joo Won) speaking, ha, but with mending relations between Korea and Japan, how exactly would they end this drama tragically?

First, if we consider the Korean angle, in this fictional Bridal Mask world--a reflection of 1930s Korea--how could Gaksital, Korea's hero, their one hope for freedom from the occupation, die? If they're working towards mirroring Lee Kangto with his family--willing to die for the independence movement--I might be willing to accept an imminent Lee Kangto death, but because I think Lee Kangto will surpass everyone who came before him in motivation and heart, I can't accept it.

I'm putting my trust in the writers.

tumblr_m6m23fyLBo1qdj81g.png

Lee Kangto will go from cheerful, carefree boy, to desperate young man, to angry servant of the Japanese empire, to bitter, vengeful son and brother, to hero--a hero we all genuinely root for because he's taken the time to contemplate and learn from all his experiences to make clear right from wrong.

How and why would you kill this hero? Korea's hero? Especially if we know that Korea will one day gain its freedom from Japan in reality.

Now if we're looking at it from the Japanese angle, where I'm thinking the writers are being most sensitive to the Korea-Japan relations, they're likely considering carefully the fate of Shunji. He respresents the hope that we know will come to be--that Korea and Japan will one day be on good terms.

tumblr_m6m4c0oGw51qdj81g.png

Will Shunji's end be tragic? I don't know. I don't know! Unlike with Kangto, I'm leaning more towards maybe since he has the most people to lose (or sacrifice himself for): Mok Dan, Kangto, his father. But then again, do you kill the one good Japanese man in the drama? I know he's gotten loopy, but still.

The most seemingly predictable move at this point is that Kangto would die, but I REAAALLY don't think he will. I almost want to say, I know he won't. From what I've seen, he's been a redeemable character. This might be Joo Won's portrayal of Lee Kangto speaking, but I never once thought he wasn't redeemable, and now, especially after Ep 12, I know he's a character I can support fully. When it comes to Mok Dan, I have a gut feeling she'll never die. Ha. Shunji, maybe, maybe not. Sad day if Shunji goes Kangsan, but real, on us. Teeeeaar!*

The writers have already done a fantastic job of balancing both sides of the occupation conflict with the conflicted Lee Kangto and the damaged Rie. I'm kind of trusting at this point that the resolution will be just right.

Whatever.

Just some likely flawed thoughts from a crazed Gaksital fan. Ha. I'll probably end up being proven completely wrong at all fronts.

Just know I am pushing for a good, fitting, and yes, happy ending all the way.

@Starlitelet, I know I'm being a little paranoid lol. Ok, if to go with my guts, I think Shunji will die, KT probably will survive, still can't decide about Mok Dan :(

@princess_narnia haha :P Lets hope together for a good ending...But first we need some cheesy romance and deep deep emotions from both of them for each other ;). Would like to see Kangto X Mokdan kids. Would be so funny him running after them while she reprimands him for not keeping an eye on them, and he goes all lovey-dovey on her, she still being angry. He goes and changes into his Bridal Mask outfit and takes her captive until she is all lovey-dovey too :P. THAT is the PERFECT ending for this drama ^^