Good morning everyone! I'm continuing where I left off yesterday, so that I won't forget my train of thought regarding the subject of military ranking. So many distractions, plus have to watch Ep 5 in a bit. LOL As usual I will be late joining in the discussion today, but will be able to help with live recaps tomorrow.
@myphim, @_misty_, I also thought initially that Daejang is a simplified way of calling CY, plus yes it can mean generally Leader, and Ajusshi does call scary daddy Lee Daejang in City Hunter. LOL
@mattie2012, hope I am answering your question below. @myphim, CY's final rank I will discuss in my next post. :)
Whilst looking around for information on military ranks, I found this explanation below. Basically it is on early Joseon military ranks, but I suspect early Joseon cannot be far different from late Goryeo.. so hopefully this applies:
The rank system of Chosun army was complex to begin with. The central army, and the provincial army had differnt ranking system. Furthermore, many temporary command such as Sunbynsa, Sunchalsa, Chobanjang, Banguhsa was added in times of war.
Therefore from the above explanation, I'm assuming that Do sun Eui Sa (post given to Ahn Jae in Ep 19) is a temporary post given in times of war/emergency as explained by Dramafever subs. Hope @sia3 can clarify if this is so, if there is an equivalent post in Chinese. 
Then he gives the entire list of Military posts and provincial army posts that I will post in my final installment. In this post I wanted to quote this forumer in his final comment where he says:
These are the ordinary military postion name for central and provincial army. 
But when they are actually on the field, temporary tactical ranks were assigned to each officers that I listed above
Tactical command ranks are
DaeJang (Army general): Commands 10,000~30,000 men WeJang (Bragadier General): Commands 2,500~7,500BuJang (Regiment commander): Usually commands 500~1,500 menTongJang (Battalion commander): Usually commands between 125~375 menYeosu (company commander): commands 125 menDaeJung (Platoon commander): commands 25 men
So from here, we can see that the Wudalchi has a separate command rank (although definitely it is not temporary as they are the royal bodyguard to the King) but perhaps it is a tactical command rank, as CY is at the same time Chungnangjang and Wudalchi Daejang. So here we can see that Daejang is Army General that commands 10,000 to 30 000 men, and BuJang ie Choong Seok is Regiment Commander (or as we call him Assistant General) that commands 500-1500 men. 
Incidentally modern day military ranking for North and South Korea also include Daejang. Refer : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_military_ranks_of_Korea
So in the military context at least, there is a specific post for Daejang. 

Is he the type to swoon? Remember he has his manly pride to uphold. ;))  I still remember how he denied that he had fainted with Jang Bin in episode 4.

True.

Then let the swooning for us, and the skinships for Daejang.

I'm pretty sure the hug would have been just a civility if she had confessed at that moment.

Look how he was in fire, leaning on her like that with burning eyes. The eyes say it all ! It's a "I want to eat you" stare ;)

i81XhfMcR0lY2.jpg

Credit picture to Myphim.

Okay, do I read too much on it ?

I must stop now.

Continuation of LMH Japanese interview:
Question 5:  This one is about KHS:x   - OK, I struggled with this one but the gist is there.  KHS is absolutely a mischievous woman!
 -Q9:共演したキム・ヒソンさんの第一印象と面白いエピソードは? イ:キム・ヒソンさんの第一印象は、僕は子供の頃から 見ていたイメージ通りで、明るく前向きで素敵なエネルギーを持っている女性でした。エピソードは、彼女は茶目っ気があって、キスシーンではお互い笑わせよ うとしてそれに忙しくなったり、片方が感情を作っているときにいたずらを仕掛けたりもしました。そういう雰囲気の中で撮影できたので、とても楽しく撮影し ました。 
What was your first impression of Kim Hee Seon and what episode with her did you find interesting?  (another translator says funny episode)
My impression of KHS since I was a child was a woman who is nice and bright and has positive energy. For the episode, there was the kissing scene where she was being playful and making me laugh [or making us laugh at each other].  And when I am emoting (or acting or being in character) she plays a prank [or practical joke].Since I was shooting in an atmosphere like that, I had so much fun.

@WutHmone, actually once @Maja pointed out that rice cracker and outfit, I remember it too coz hehehe, YS was checking Nana out after she comes out from shower. It should be either Ep6 or 7 the first night YS moved in with her. Hahaha....he was cute in there, Maja probably remember the shower scene all too well. ;))

mattie2012 said: Continuation of LMH Japanese interview:
Question 5:  This one is about KHS:x   - OK, I struggled with this one but the gist is there.  KHS is absolutely a mischievous woman!
 -Q9:共演したキム・ヒソンさんの第一印象と面白いエピソードは? イ:キム・ヒソンさんの第一印象は、僕は子供の頃から 見ていたイメージ通りで、明るく前向きで素敵なエネルギーを持っている女性でした。エピソードは、彼女は茶目っ気があって、キスシーンではお互い笑わせよ うとしてそれに忙しくなったり、片方が感情を作っているときにいたずらを仕掛けたりもしました。そういう雰囲気の中で撮影できたので、とても楽しく撮影し ました。 
What was your first impression of Kim Hee Seon and what episode with her did you find interesting?  (another translator says funny episode)
My impression of KHS since I was a child was a woman who is nice and bright and has positive energy. For the episode, there was the kissing scene where she was being playful and making me laugh [or making us laugh at each other].  And when I am emoting (or acting or being in character) she plays a prank [or practical joke].Since I was shooting in an atmosphere like that, I had so much fun.

@Yuuni @myphim

That stare is so intense isn't it. If I remember correctly, that happen after ES talk to JB about that person. In the script, CY overhead them but not completely, so he misunderstood her feelings towards him. Therefore I believe in this scene, he's probably confused with what's she's doing. But the stare tells me he's definitely touched with her attempt to save him ...Damn I want the novel so much, I want to know what they think and feel.

Guest WutHmone

sia3 said: @WutHmone, actually once @Maja pointed out that rice cracker and outfit, I remember it too coz hehehe, YS was checking Nana out after she comes out from shower. It should be either Ep6 or 7 the first night YS moved in with her. Hahaha....he was cute in there, Maja probably remember the shower scene all too well. ;))

azzurri said: mattie2012 said: Continuation of LMH Japanese interview:

sia3 said: @Yuuni @myphim
That stare is so intense isn't it. If I remember correctly, that happen after ES talk to JB about that person. In the script, CY overhead them but not completely, so he misunderstood her feelings towards him. Therefore I believe in this scene, he's probably confused with what's she's doing. But the stare tells me he's definitely touched with her attempt to save him ...Damn I want the novel so much, I want to know what they think and feel.

Guest WutHmone

Notice how he says "since I was a child"... must be to remind us and himself that she is so much older than him (and married!). LOL

That's what I thought too :))

He must know that there are some crazy Faithlings out there ;))

@ myphim : "I want to eat Rice soup" stare ? I didn't know this expression. :)) Is it new ? I didn't back track all the pages yet.

Ok final part...
Here we have to refer to the Final Episode, at almost the end when ES ends up at the inn, orders food and then asks questions from an unknown Wudalchi soldier (who happens to be the assistant director in a cameo role!)
After the question and answers are over, and we now know that it is the 5th year of Gongmin's reign, the soldier is called over to the other side and along with ES, we see him talking to a mustachiod Deok Man who is obviously now his superior. And then our favorite puppy Dae Man now sporting a pony tail, and also obviously also a superior joins him. (Sorry I'm taking the time to watch this scene again and relate it, but I'm getting there. Hehe)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmBIsIQ5FaS7PUlzDs3m2(Credit to Dramabeans)ES's eyes are watery seeing her puppies again. And then another familiar face emerges, and it's Choong Suk. He looks around and asks, "Where is Daehogun?" (Daehogun is translated as commanding general)
Deokman says "He has gone to the place where the tree is."Dae Man cuts in and says, "We should get him some food. When Daehogun goes to that place with the tree, he stays there for four days."
So finally we know, that at least at the end of Faith, CY's post is now Daehogun. But if we look at the original list I posted, this post is not there again. So back to the military ranks from early Joseon that I posted above:
Anyway, here is the basic rank of central and provincial army in early Chosun.
Central Army
Grade: Position Name 2A Dochongguan (Supreme commander) Theoratical heads of army and navy. Usually held by royal princes2B Buchongguan (Vice-supreme commander) 2B Ohwejang (Guard General) Generals who were actually responsible for army. 5 of them had overall command of their respective army.3A Sanghogun (High general)3B Daehogun (Grand general)4A Hogun (General)4B Buhogun (Vice-general)5A Sajik (Virtuous officer)5B Busajik (Virtuohs officer, JG)6A Sakua (Brave officer)6B Busakua (Brafe officer, JG)7A Sajung (Just officer)7B Busajung (Just officer, JG)8A Sameng (First officer)8B Busameng (First officer, JG)9A Sayong (Rising officer)9B Busayong (Rising officer, JG)
Roughly, Sanghogun~Buhogun (Grade 3A~4B) was brigade or army level generalsSajik~Busakua (Grade 5A~6B) was regiment level officers roughly equivalent to modern colonel or lt. colnel.Sajung~Busajung (Grade 7A~7B) was battalion level officers)And the rest (Grade 8A~9B) were company level officers rouhly equivalent to modern captains or lieutenant. Also Grade 8A~9B was given to men at arms (Gapsa) units to act as lower ranking officers in times of war. 
Ahh getting too long again... will continue next post. :)

At long last, my inputs on the Bromance for @mattie2012 and everyone :D (though, I felt like I've talked a lot about these two already, but hey! Here's some more!!!! :P
Since Mattie is covering this topic as an ongoing series, I'm not planning on delving too much into it other than to give a historical context on the story of Gongmin and Choi Young as a set up for Faith.
First, Goryeo under the Mongol influence.By the time the real Gongmin came into power, Goryeo was already on a path of decline. As you already know, Yuan Empire had a firm grip on the peninsula. Yuan also had to deal with internal conflicts within its boundary -- Yuan ruling class was comprised of the Mongols while the majority of the population was Han Chinese. That presented a problem and we later knew that the Ming would soon replace Yuan Dynasty. I can go on and on about the Mongol Empire, Genghis Khan and his descendants, but it's not really related to Faith at all, so I'll stop here. 
Needing resources to fight rebellions inside China, Yuan decided to imposed heavy tax collections among other things on the people of Goryeo. The story of a little girl to be sent to Yuan in Faith is historically accurate. Ki Chul's sister was sent there via this practice as well, except she got lucky, placed at a royal palace and her beauty won the heart of the Yuan Emperor of that time.
Second, Goryeo's ruling class. They comprised of the Military class, scholars, and landholding elites of different clans. In theory, the land of the nation belonged to the King. In practice, these elites held possession of these lands. They rented the property to the citizens and collected taxes off of that. In history, land possession was a major political/social/economic issue in pretty much every nation. 
Combined one and two together, you'll see the socio-economic problem that plagued the country. The people lost trust in the King. Wealth and possession earned were not enough to survive and on top of that they (people) had to send a portion of their hard earned living to the government and Yuan empire. Overtime, the people started losing faith in their leader. So Gongmin began his reign under very difficult circumstances as depicted in the story. 
Choi Young's background was also interesting. The military class of the time was also losing its influence. They were not revered by the people. Goryeo at the time was dominated by the practice of Buddhism, so there were certain aspects of the religion influencing the king's way of governing. Later under the Joseon Dynasty, Confucius served as a guide to nation's philosophical psyche. In theory, there are a lot of overlaps between Buddhism and Confucianism (I'm not an expert on these two ideologies, so I can't really explain clearly). The point is military class was starting to lose its influence in the government. We didn't see a king leading his men too battle all too often anymore like in ancient time.
So that's it. Some historical background on Faith. Just to make it clear, Faith is fictional. Not everything has to adhere to historical events and timelines, but the context/set-up/environment is true to the time period. I think with a historical knowledge, we can view Faith a little bit differently. 
ETA: Thanks all for your kind words regarding my analysis. I hope these long comments don't bore you to death. A few reasons for my in depth analysis of Faith are 1) I love the story! 2) To stick it to the critics. If anyone thinks the writing is bad, you have my permission to use my posts as a rebuttal piece :D