Faith-lings! I mark my return ;) 
Oh, how I have missed you all!!! >:D< Let's see..I missed the recaps and the fashion show and the guessing game. Man..I also missed the kissing scene! ahhh!! 
On a lighter note, I am feeling much better now. thanks for the chicken soup @sia3. it was really good watching all those parody =)) but I didn't get to backtrack since then. Did you post anymore up??
@awesomeduck @myphim: hahaha..it seems like you two sent me both kind of soups. Noodle soup and Daejang rice soup was delivered to my house at the same time via FedEx. I told the delivery man that Noodle soup isn't my type of remedy so for him to return it to sender. But I kept Daejang's rice soup. I ate it almost every day, even sipped it to the last drop :D
So, since I have returned..Faith-lings..tell me..where should I begin??  the anatomy session??? ;))

@azzurri : About the Dosun Hwisa title, I searched the translation of the explanation that was given in Faith. Even if the translation was horrible, I could understand the gist and it was as you said. And in Joonni's recap it says : "He also promotes Ahn Jae so he can command the military in time of emergency."

Guest WutHmone

@vangsweetie637  Hello dear! Glad to have you back.Are you getting better now? >:D<
You can start your anatomy session from anywhere at anytime you want. Is the text preview also out? :))

@Yuuni : How could you miss @sia3 's "Colgate" and "This is how you eat rice soup" commercial?? They are on page 1436. Enjoy! =))

Edit : They are also HD! HD!! @Yuuni :D 

vangsweetie637 said: Faith-lings! I mark my return ;) 
Oh, how I have missed you all!!! >:D< Let's see..I missed the recaps and the fashion show and the guessing game. Man..I also missed the kissing scene! ahhh!! 
On a lighter note, I am feeling much better now. thanks for the chicken soup @sia3. it was really good watching all those parody =)) but I didn't get to backtrack since then. Did you post anymore up??
@awesomeduck @myphim: hahaha..it seems like you two sent me both kind of soups. Noodle soup and Daejang rice soup was delivered to my house at the same time via FedEx. I told the delivery man that Noodle soup isn't my type of remedy so for him to return it to sender. But I kept Daejang's rice soup. I ate it almost every day, even sipped it to the last drop :D
So, since I have returned..Faith-lings..tell me..where should I begin??  the anatomy session??? ;))

sia3 said: @WutHmone, actually once @Maja pointed out that rice cracker and outfit, I remember it too coz hehehe, YS was checking Nana out after she comes out from shower. It should be either Ep6 or 7 the first night YS moved in with her. Hahaha....he was cute in there, Maja probably remember the shower scene all too well. ;))

Guest WutHmone

Maja said: sia3 said: @WutHmone, actually once @Maja pointed out that rice cracker and outfit, I remember it too coz hehehe, YS was checking Nana out after she comes out from shower. It should be either Ep6 or 7 the first night YS moved in with her. Hahaha....he was cute in there, Maja probably remember the shower scene all too well. ;))

i34NhR3xkqyWA.jpg

KC was so eager to finally get rid of his long love rival (a.k.a ES)

i5RZ1DPMZtbNE.jpg

KC : "No, Young-ah ! I'm the only one who is allowed to touch you. I took so many baths for you. Don't do that, Chaebal ! :(( "

His heart must have been crushed when Daejang came to save his Lady, and well.. kissed her.

I remember too well the face KC made after this infamous kiss.

Okay, let's do one minute of silence for KC's broken heart.

Seriously, can't imagine the uproar it would have been if Noodle was present in this scene..

Credit pictures to Anomalous ;)

Yuuni said:
KC was so eager to finally get rid of his long love rival (a.k.a ES)

KC : "No, Young-ah ! I'm the only one who is allowed to touch you. I took so many bath for you. Don't do that, Chaebal ! :(( "

His heart must have been crushed when Daejang came to save his Lady, and well.. kissed her LOL
I remember too well the face KC made after this infamous kiss.
Okay, let's do one minute of silence for KC's broken heart.
Seriously, can't imagine the uproar it would have been if Noodle was present in this scene..

Credit pictures to Anomalous ;)

WutHmone said: Maja said: sia3 said: @WutHmone, actually once @Maja pointed out that rice cracker and outfit, I remember it too coz hehehe, YS was checking Nana out after she comes out from shower. It should be either Ep6 or 7 the first night YS moved in with her. Hahaha....he was cute in there, Maja probably remember the shower scene all too well. ;))

Ok... so referring to my previous post, Choi Young went from being Hogun (General) to the next level which is Daehogun (Grand General), ie from Rank 4A (0r senior) to 3B (or junior). He was still not at the pinnacle of his carreer, and from history we know that he progresses higher until he reaches the highest command/head of the military. Not sure what that's called in Goryeo period. 
Also, if we go back to Episode 3, when mr whiny tells CY to attack GC's house, CY answers and says that (I'm quoting Viki's translation here), "The 1000 soldiers that are guarding Hwangong Palace, and Yongwoo's 2000 soldiers, are under the direction of Sang-changgun." Sangchanggun is translated as Supreme Commander, and if we refer back to linntann's list of Goryeo military posts. Sang-changgun is Supreme General, senior grade 3 (3A) - which then should be CY's next post after Daehogun. So in Faith there is a mix of both these military ranking systems that I found. The central army consists of 5 different army troops ie Eungyang (hawks on wing), Yongho (dragons and tigers) and 3 other groups , so Sang-changgun is probably the supreme commander of the 5 central armies... but this is just my assumption. Because in the early Joseon ranking there are 3 higher posts, including Supreme commander (who is usually a prince) but not sure it is the same for Goryeo.

@mattie2012, just wanted to mention... as you talked about how ES called him Changgun/Janggun while teaching him how to do "Aja" and High Five. I think she didn't really know his exact post, but he is generally called Choi Young Janggun now.. which can mean simply General Choi Young.  :)
Ok what is the significance of the ranking system.. each level there is a junior and senior rank. I don't know what it is overall, but I did find mention of how each grade will be 'paid.' For example Chungnangjang which is at Rank 5, receives an annual stipend of 120 bushels of rice, an allotment of 70 kyol of paddy fields, and 27 kyol of forest land, the rank of Major or Sanwon at Rank 8 receives an annual stipend of 33 bushels of rice, an allotment of 30 kyol of paddy fields and 10 kyol of forest land.  Note 1 kyol is believed to be 45.496 sq meters. They were also paid in silver and gold, but the amount is not mentioned. (Ref: Korea: The Mongol Invasion by William E. Henthorn.) 
So... yeah, Daejang was rolling in wealth since he never claimed his pay all this time (Chungnangjang pay x 7 years), so just imagine what all that would have come to in terms of cash he never claimed. ES must have had a ball shopping! And we missed that scene! *STAB*
I think that's all folks, for now. Phew! I think I fried my brain! 

:)) 8-X

azzurri said:
Ok what is the significance of the ranking system.. each level there is a junior and senior rank. I don't know what it is overall, but I did find mention of how each grade will be 'paid.' For example Chungnangjang which is at Rank 5, receives an annual stipend of 120 bushels of rice, an allotment of 70 kyol of paddy fields, and 27 kyol of forest land, the rank of Major or Sanwon at Rank 8 receives an annual stipend of 33 bushels of rice, an allotment of 30 kyol of paddy fields and 10 kyol of forest land.  Note 1 kyol is believed to be 45.496 sq meters. They were also paid in silver and gold, but the amount is not mentioned. (Ref: Korea: The Mongol Invasion by William E. Henthorn.) 
So... yeah, Daejang was rolling in wealth since he never claimed his pay all this time (Chungnangjang pay x 7 years), so just imagine what all that would have come to in terms of cash he never claimed. ES must have had a ball shopping! And we missed that scene! *STAB*
I think that's all folks, for now. Phew! I think I fried my brain! 

:)) 8-X

CONCLUSION OF LMH's Japanese interview:
Last one for the night
:)>-
Question 6 :  
-Q6:初の時代劇に挑戦するにあたって心がけたのは? イ:時代劇をとるときに苦労する一つに、僕自身、過去 を生きたことがないので、想像に任せて演じなくてはならないところが多いので、あえて、長い時間をかけて山にこもって乗馬の練習をしたり、間接的な経験で はありますが、できるだけ自然と触れ合う努力をしました。役作りでは、毎回キャラクターによって違うんですが…一つのところに重点を置きます。たとえば 「シティーハンター」の時は、彼は寂しさを持っている人間だったので、常に寂しさを念頭に置いて演じました。今回おnチェ・ヨンは責任感のある人物なので そうしたところに重点を置きました。人との約束に置いて、周りの方から見たらこの人物は頼もしい、信じられるなと思ってもらえるような人物づくりをしまし た。 
What were the challenges (or challenge) of playing a part in a historical drama? (Wasn't too clear on the question but it looked like they wanted to know if LMH thought about the challenges of being in a period drama)
One struggle when taking on a historical play is that I have never lived in the past so a lot has to be left to the imagination and must be performed.  You can confine yourself to a mountain or practice horseback riding but those are indirect experiences.  I made an effort to interact with nature as much as possible.  In making a role or part (or playing a role)  I will focus on one place although it varies depending on the character.  In City Hunter for example, I played a role of a human being that was lonely.  So I constantly played this loneliness in my mind.   This time, Choi Young is a man with a sense of responsibility so emphasis was placed on that [or that is what I focused on].  When he makes a promise (or commitment), you can tell from the people around him that he is reliable so the creation of such a person was believable. [or I was able to make this role believable.]
An interesting tidbit at the end:The writer mentioned that there were more guys in the media since City Hunter.  Perhaps the historical drama has attracted more male fans.
LMH has fan-boys in Japan ;)

Next scene: ES's is attempting her detective work...in search for the diary...she sneaks in a room and starts searching...we see stalker CY at his old tricks again...(I think he likes checking her out from behind)She's about to drop a small bottle but CY manages to catch in time before the guards are alerted...He drags her into a cupboard thingy...they get real close...CY asks - what else is written in the diary? does it have anything to do with your safety? ES: NoCY: If that is so then give up on that book. I don't care about the future so just give upES: This is related to you....CY: I don't want to know...It doesn't matter about my deathES: Then..what I can do for you would be nothing...(Awwwwww) Soon we have to part for real :(( This isn't like others who fight and then part. We can't go to each other when we're drunk or coincidentally run into one another ...It's to simply part for REAL...but STILL on the other side that you are living well I have to be able to think that way so how can I give up!!! (LOVE U ES) :x :x

CY doesn't know what to do after hearing that or is his heart broken to pieces knowing that they will have to break up and never see one another again!!! He runs out probably worried he might eat her alive if he stayed any longer...

Exactly ! I remember in the script tidbit Icesiren translated, CY was leaning closer and closer toward ES as she was talking. That's why he left abruptly, he wouldn't have been able to contain himself otherwise ;))

Don't know why they didn't follow the script ?

Is it bad acting or bad PD again ? è___é

@myphim:  ES drags all of her gifts to DH and tells him she is breaking off her engagement to him;  She decided she wants to stay by CY's side.  I will finish this scene' date=' you can do next one.[/quote']

The first time I saw this scene, I thought she was going to run away and steal all the gifts with her :))

@myphim... yeah I nearly fried my brain looking up the military ranking system.  8-X oh wait! Maybe it is fried! I hope reading all my ramblings didn't fry your brain too! LOL I never thought I would care two cents about military rank, but I spent days looking up these things - all because of Faith. 
But I learnt so much along the way, one of it being that there really isn't much information about Goryeo because there are barely any records. What records there are, were actually written by Joseon scholars. So a lot is assumed or drawn from conclusions. I think this is one of the things that writernim mentioned before, why she is attracted to the story of Gongmin and Choi Young. There are a lot of tales, but because everything is open to conjecture, it is interesting to build a story around that piece of history.  :D
@Yuuni, thank you for helping me look up Do Sun Eui Sa...  >:D<
Oh and yes @myphim, he came from a family of scholars and public servants... I think it was mentioned that his ancestor played an important role in the founding of Goryeo. So yeah... family inheritance plus chungnangjang pay.. and later when they meet again he progressed really fast up the ranking to Daehogun (and I'm sure he didn't spend anything while she was gone), so... after tearful and moving reunion and maybe some goodtimes at the inn (Wink!), they can go shopping again!  ;;)
@vangsweetie637, I think we're all ready for that anatomy lesson now! 

@azzurri said:
@mattie2012, just wanted to mention... as you talked about how ES called him Changgun/Janggun while teaching him how to do "Aja" and High Five. I think she didn't really know his exact post, but he is generally called Choi Young Janggun now.. which can mean simply General Choi Young.  :)
Your post is very informative :-bd   Thanks for the clarification.  And I can see why your brain cells are fried;)  Mine feels the same way right now.

Yuuni said:

awesomeduck

wrote:

»

Next scene: ES's is attempting her detective work...in search for the diary...she sneaks in a room and starts searching...we see stalker CY at his old tricks again...(I think he likes checking her out from behind)She's about to drop a small bottle but CY manages to catch in time before the guards are alerted...He drags her into a cupboard thingy...they get real close...CY asks - what else is written in the diary? does it have anything to do with your safety? ES: NoCY: If that is so then give up on that book. I don't care about the future so just give upES: This is related to you....CY: I don't want to know...It doesn't matter about my deathES: Then..what I can do for you would be nothing...(Awwwwww) Soon we have to part for real

:((

This isn't like others who fight and then part. We can't go to each other when we're drunk or coincidentally run into one another ...It's to simply part for REAL...but STILL on the other side that you are living well I have to be able to think that way so how can I give up!!! (LOVE U ES)

:x:x

<br />

CY doesn't know what to do after hearing that or is his heart broken to pieces knowing that they will have to break up and never see one another again!!! He runs out probably worried he might eat her alive if he stayed any longer...