[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

Guest Starlitelet

Starlitelet  I agree .Right now Jang II is just an richard simmons but he never had a friend. Sun Woo who was  always there for him and supported him was way more mature and level headed(even if he did like to fight all the time) I think the difference is Sun woo had a father who truly loved him where as Jang II father I really don't know what to say about his dad other than  he is and was a sorry piece of poop!! A poor excuse for man,father and human being.I could not believe Jang's dad told Jang II to run away when Sun Woo was fighting for him The man is a total loser!!.He provided  for Jang II but he never taught Jang II the things a father should. Like respect for others/yourself, how to be a friend,doing for other helps you grow as a human  that kind of stuff.Poor Jang II was a such lonely kid and now  lonely adult.  Jang II  jealousy and possessiveness has further pushed Ji Won away from him. She never liked him in the first place but once his father had that talk with her it was a wrap after that.I hope Jang II grows up despite his father it would make the plot a lot more interesting.

Hi shedevil77 ^^!

It's no an excuse to go kill someone especially when he's your only friend - haha! No matter how messed up you are, killing is beyond being "mean" or "back-stabbing" someone.

I agree that Sun Woo is much more level-headed and has more common sense than Jang Il. Though, I find that Jang Il's father loves him as much as Sun Woo's non-biological father loved Sun Woo. They just have a different way of showing it. Of course, Sun Woo's non-biological father was more appropriate and had higher standards/morality, hence, it passed onto Sun Woo. However, Jang Il's father sacrificed so much for his son. If that is not love, then I don't know what it is - haha. I'm sure that he has no plan of ripping off from his son's money. I find it's clear from his actions that he wants the best for his son, but he's setting up horrible examples for Jang Il to follow. Such bad parenting, but then Jang Il is also a horrible son. It's like a dead-end - haha! So what does Jang Il do? He looks down at his father even more... it's kind of funny because he can see that his father is a coward/"butt-licker", but he's pretty much a worst coward. Anyway, I honestly dislike his character at the moment. He's just so stupid. I don't mind evil characters, but this guy is seriously stupid.

Haha- so true! It was an easy way out for Ji Won to reject Jang Il. I thought it was just a little too convenient :P.

I think he deserves to be lonely. Honestly, he doesn't cherish those who protect him. Soo Mi and Sun Woo were both back-stabbed several times. I thought he would regret trying to kill Sun Woo, but it seems like if he was given another opportunity, he would go ahead without contemplating.

I agree about the plot could/should be more interesting if Jang Il's character doesn't stoop so low. Though, I doubt they'll do that with the direction they're taking thus far. As of right now, I hate seeing his emo face vicx.gif.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, is that really Jang Il's father? I don't know if I missed something about that. I mean is Sun Woo's father's killer really Jang Il's biological father? Thanks in advance ^^.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dabdi

"The Sword is The Pen." (from DC Inside Uhm Tae Woong Gallery)

96.jpg

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/jukdo/media/real/index.html

99.jpg

Starlitelet, If I understand what you are asking me yes Jang II bio dad did indeed kill Sun Woo's non bio dad. But the rat bastid (I forgot his name  )  tried to kill  Sun Woo 's dad  and  thought he had but Sun woo's dad was only unconscious.  Then the rat bastid asked Jang Ii 's dad to go bury him which he tried to do but Sun woo non bio dad woke up; so Jang II dad  strung Sun Woo's dad up a tree trying to make it look like suicide. The kicker to all this is Soo Mi's dad saw the whole thing ( Sun woo's dad pleaded for Soo Mi's dad to help him) burt he  didn't... ACE coward. Both those father has an important element missing in their personalities !! Really hateful people.Poor Soo Mi is another love obsessed fool I don't know where these women get the idea if I stalk you long enough you will finally fall for me. NOT!!!  One thing is sure Soo Mi is going to blackmail Jang iII into a relationship if she can  But it might end up getting her killed.Jang II dad is very dangerous, a scared weak coward like him would to anything to protect his secret.And to threaten his  precious son ...Well we know how that will turn out  don't we.... ALL BAD!!! I enjoy seeing you here because you always have something interesting to say

if I got the news right EM will be the only drama aired on Wednesday cause there is election or something

Yes you got it right, according to girlfriday on Dramabeans, "Rooftop Prince will be preempted and air Episode 7 on Thursday. The King 2 Hearts is planning (or trying) to keep its original schedule but hasn’t given their official statement, and Equator Man will stick to its original schedule."

Thank god we're getting TEM on Wed, it's the only drama I look forward to.

Guest Starlitelet

Starlitelet, If I understand what you are asking me yes Jang II bio dad did indeed kill Sun Woo's non bio dad. But the rat bastid (I forgot his name  )  tried to kill  Sun Woo 's dad  and  thought he had but Sun woo's dad was only unconscious.  Then the rat bastid asked Jang Ii 's dad to go bury him which he tried to do but Sun woo non bio dad woke up; so Jang II dad  strung Sun Woo's dad up a tree trying to make it look like suicide. The kicker to all this is Soo Mi's dad saw the whole thing ( Sun woo's dad pleaded for Soo Mi's dad to help him) burt he  didn't... ACE coward. Both those father has an important element missing in their personalities !! Really hateful people.Poor Soo Mi is another love obsessed fool I don't know where these women get the idea if I stalk you long enough you will finally fall for me. NOT!!!  One thing is sure Soo Mi is going to blackmail Jang iII into a relationship if she can  But it might end up getting her killed.Jang II dad is very dangerous, a scared weak coward like him would to anything to protect his secret.And to threaten his  precious son ...Well we know how that will turn out  don't we.... ALL BAD!!! I enjoy seeing you here because you always have something interesting to say

Greetings shedevil77 ^^!

I'm so glad to see you here as well :3. 

Sorry, if I confused you. I meant to say that is the "rat" man  who killed Sun Woo's non-biological father (also forgot his name - haha!) really Jang Il's biological father? I don't know if I missed something or it's just not clear in my mind... but I remember from somewhere that they're not really blood related. It might be my mind playing tricks on me also. Man, I'm watching too many dramas at the same time - haha.

I really hope Soo Mi isn't just some girl blinded by her abusive unrequited love. It's just too heartbreaking to see her go downhill. She was/is my favorite character at the moment. Though, if she continues to follow/"crawl" after Jang Il further even if it's futile, I'm not gonna feel sorry for her anymore. It's like she's asking that upon herself. Jang Il didn't do anything for Soo Mi to make her that crazy over him (maybe it's just me). I also think she's gonna use the secret to her advantage in the future. However, I hope it's not to get together with Jang Il. That'll just be even more stupid - haha. She should be protecting poor Sun Woo!! What kind of friend is she??? Oh yeah, Jang Il's father is dangerous. He's such a coward/stupid that no one pays particular attention to him, but I think those are the kinds of people you have to stay even more alert with. It's kind of like Jang Il. I have no clue why most of the people don't know he's "evil". Maybe they're just ignorant like Soo Mi or they just don't believe it.  

Guest littlepig310

Can anyone tell me what is DC Inside? a website for holding pictures? Warning messages always appear when I open forum pages with DC links...sweatingbullets.gif  some malwares were found when I scanned my pc after accidentally opened forum pages with DC inside links...sweatingbullets.gif  

BTW..the drama getting so good and I like it...!! very beautiful camera work, drama soundtracks, excellent acting of actors... good directing ..!! hope the rest of the script is going to be good too..!

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

The Equator Man Episodes 5 and 6 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

theEquatorMan.jpg

The Equator Man Episodes 5-6 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4316-the-equator-man-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about

FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Greetings shedevil77 ^^!

I'm so glad to see you here as well :3. 

Sorry, if I confused you. I meant to say that is the "rat" man  who killed Sun Woo's non-biological father (also forgot his name - haha!) really Jang Il's biological father? I don't know if I missed something or it's just not clear in my mind... but I remember from somewhere that they're not really blood related. It might be my mind playing tricks on me also. Man, I'm watching too many dramas at the same time - haha.

I really hope Soo Mi isn't just some girl blinded by her abusive unrequited love. It's just too heartbreaking to see her go downhill. She was/is my favorite character at the moment. Though, if she continues to follow/"crawl" after Jang Il further even if it's futile, I'm not gonna feel sorry for her anymore. It's like she's asking that upon herself. Jang Il didn't do anything for Soo Mi to make her that crazy over him (maybe it's just me). I also think she's gonna use the secret to her advantage in the future. However, I hope it's not to get together with Jang Il. That'll just be even more stupid - haha. She should be protecting poor Sun Woo!! What kind of friend is she??? Oh yeah, Jang Il's father is dangerous. He's such a coward/stupid that no one pays particular attention to him, but I think those are the kinds of people you have to stay even more alert with. It's kind of like Jang Il. I have no clue why most of the people don't know he's "evil". Maybe they're just ignorant like Soo Mi or they just don't believe it.  

Oh, my bad I think the rat man is Sun woo's bio dad. but the rat man was such a crazy jealous man he  wrongly assumed the friend was the father (of her unborn child)which he isn't the friend just loved sun Woo's mother silently.

Guest kaeruchan

video preview is out! 

Preview Ep 7

new song...and so many surprises! 

SM is going to meet JW, most probably as SW's guardian. and JI, what are you doing to JW??!!! 

sorry for the rant..but 

I'm happy to get my daily dose of EM on the usual time. yeay! wednesday, come to me~! 

and recap for ep 6 from me..

http://thetalkingcup...-man-episode-6/

oh, here's the text preview from KBS site. 

선우와 지원은 서로의 마음을 느껴가고 두 사람의 사이를 알게 된 장일은 괴로움에 빠진다. 경필의 죽음을 목격한 광춘은, 용배에게 비밀유지비 3천만원을 준비하라며 협박편지를 보내고, 용배는 이 사실을 노식에게 알린다. 한편, 노식은 용배의 일처리를 탓하며 자신이 직접 선우가 한일인지 알기 위해 안마봉사를 하는 선우에게 접근하는데...

Guest dabdi

Can anyone tell me what is DC Inside? a website for holding pictures? Warning messages always appear when I open forum pages with DC links...*quoted image*  some malwares were found when I scanned my pc after accidentally opened forum pages with DC inside links...*quoted image*  

BTW..the drama getting so good and I like it...!! very beautiful camera work, drama soundtracks, excellent acting of actors... good directing ..!! hope the rest of the script is going to be good too..!

DC Inside is a big internet forum in South Korea with lot of topics/gallerys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Inside

There are security problems with DC Inside pages, I know, but I ignore them since a year and I don't have any problem with my pc and I hope there won't be any problem in the future... If I find pics there I will bring them to you. :ph34r:

You're right. EM was good at the beginning and is getting better and better and better...and maybe it will be the best... :phew:

103.jpg

video preview is out! 

Preview Ep 7

new song...and so many surprises! 

SM is going to meet JW, most probably as SW's guardian. and JI, what are you doing to JW??!!! 

sorry for the rant..but 

I'm happy to get my daily dose of EM on the usual time. yeay! wednesday, come to me~! 

and recap for ep 6 from me..

http://thetalkingcup...-man-episode-6/

oh, here's the text preview from KBS site. 

선우와 지원은 서로의 마음을 느껴가고 두 사람의 사이를 알게 된 장일은 괴로움에 빠진다. 경필의 죽음을 목격한 광춘은, 용배에게 비밀유지비 3천만원을 준비하라며 협박편지를 보내고, 용배는 이 사실을 노식에게 알린다. 한편, 노식은 용배의 일처리를 탓하며 자신이 직접 선우가 한일인지 알기 위해 안마봉사를 하는 선우에게 접근하는데...

Thanks !!!  youdabomb.gif 

If you like sageuks Equator man viewers why don't  you take a peek  at  Soldier/god of War  .Very good  acting,  beautiful clothing(with  a very powerful woman's role)  But NOT a romantic  love story though. But it does have a sad love story.The story is about a monk who becomes a slave and  then  goes on to become the most powerful man in Goryeo (  for 60 years)Compelling thrilling  but sad. It is up to episode 14 fully subbed on VIKI and 12 on DRAMACRAZY

regarding the recaps on DB ( not really liking them ) anyway she did mention a couple of things that caught my attention about ep 6 like why is Sunwoo is holding off his revenge.... I dont think a blind man who is basically alone can do much about that and he is putting some psychological pressure on the guy afterall .. now he is trying to understand how did it happen

the other thing is the change in Jiwoon teen/adult character...I agree that the girl showed some anger but to describe her as frightening! I would say that after years of working non stop and living poorly that anger either died or is hidden it is true that they are softening her up for Sunwoo sake cause they dont need another bitter person in the show but they would not have connected her to the president without a purpose so maybe one day she will show some of the old spirit

0d338744ebf81a4c2584016.jpg

2934349b033b5bb5b758cd5.jpg

Hello! ^_^ I decide to watch EM thanks to Dramabeans Recaps! and is really a Good drama, It have what the others dramas currently airing don't so It really is a good show if you want to watch a dark drama...

I can't wait for the next episode... I'm so glad that I won't have to wait until thurs. to watch Equator Man like the other 2 lol....

With this ep. I totally left all my hopes for Jang Il going to the good side, seeing how he try/let SW die for the second time :o:crazy: he really is going crazy now!! And now with JW and SW he will go 100% crazy! I really thought that he was regreting doing that but well it seems not anymore...

Poor SW how he still wants to understand JangIl's reasons from classics for what he did!

Guest littlepig310

DC Inside is a big internet forum in South Korea with lot of topics/gallerys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Inside

There are security problems with DC Inside pages, I know, but I ignore them since a year and I don't have any problem with my pc and I hope there won't be any problem in the future... If I find pics there I will bring them to you. :ph34r:

You're right. EM was good at the beginning and is getting better and better and better...and maybe it will be the best... :phew:

*quoted image*

dabdi, thanks very much..! i would not try to open dc inside..now my computer got some malwares and don't know how to get rid of them..!ph34r.gif i am fine with photos on news and other sources..thx!!

i have a feeling jangil still has some little room for his own redemption...if he is a pure cold blooded killer, the drama will be much less interesting to watch..as it will just be a thriller drama..haha...

Guest dabdi

littlepig310!

I'm so sorry. I hope you can get rid of them.

With the next time jump probably will change the atmosphere of the drama again.

Will it happen in ep 8?

Archived