[Drama 2012] Syndrome 신드롬

creidesca

Guest Hanjae

Hi everyone, I just wanna ask what is the title of the song being played  on the ending scene of Episode 14. It started with the word 'Baby...' , i think its lyrics are English, This is not Remember by UKISS, I really wanted to download it but i can't find the title.

It's "Don't Cry" by Paran, from their 3rd album, U.R.M.S. I think it was Track 4?

You'll find that quite a few of the songs played at the end of episodes were Paran songs, and I remember at least one episode where they played a really old song by UN. Not sure why Syndrome didn't seem to have an OST, but at least I can't fault their song choices. :P

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest superstar998

Hi, Can anyone please tell me who sings and the title of the song that they always play between Eun-hee and Sung Joon? I really like this song. Thank U in advance. :)

Hi. I'm on Episode 16 but Eun Hee is still weird....there's a scene in the car where she's talking to Sun Woo where he's telling her to get surgery and to tell Sung Joon. She basically says no to all his suggestions but then making a stupid sad face she asks, "what should I do?". Dude, he just told you what to do and you basically told him to shove it. Why is she unwilling to leave the hospital and get surgery because of her son. I don't understand. Sung Joon is there already so what difference does it make if she's there or not? Even if the kid get's fired for making a mistake is that more important than her life? Why is his not inheriting the hospital more important than her life. That doesn't make any sense to me. The priorities of some of these characters are hilariously disordered.

This has been a pattern with her. Not listening to anyone else and making stupid decisions on weird priorities. She took a drug that could cause tumor recurrence just to recognize dude's face. Isn't that selfish? What about her son? What about Sung Joon himself? How much worse for them would it be if she ended up dying just so she could see them? Isn't her presence more important...It's not like she was blind. 

I'm not sure if you know it or not or if you want to be spoiled. I'll just put it under spoiler tags.

At first I thought she was quite weird too, but she is trying to use herself to find evidence to catch TJ. In other words, if she has a tumor, TJ will want to operate on her and because he likes to do brain mapping, he will do that to her. At the same time, she is trying hopefully figure out which part of the brain he will mess up and catch him on it. It was confusing to me, but by the time it got to the end, I got it. She doesn't want to tell SJ because he will blame himself for letting her drink that medicine. As for her son, I don't think it's the inheriting part that she is worried about, I think she is more worried that if she leaves, then TJ might harm her son.

As the Paran song wasn't listed in the credits at the end of the episodes, I wonder if the production only had limited copyright?

I've noticed for the jTBC dramas, the official physical OST doesn't get released till way later.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest altinneen

After concluding this drama I found a few things weird and a few things upsetting:

Weird: Were the neurosurgeons seriously doing organ harvesting? Were they harvesting their own dad's organs....holy crap that's insane. I can't even contemplate doing anything remotely like that. Yet there they are doin it with the whole staff watching....

Also generally it's bad practice for a dude to do surgery on his own family cause he won't be un-biased. So when Cha Tae Jin was using the fact that he's husband as the defacto reason for surgery that was weird.

When her "husband" was brain dead in the room did anyone else find it kinda unsettling that O Eun Hui and her man were in their together with him comforting her. Similarly it seemed kind of settling for them to be there when he was getting harvested.

Upsetting: Oh Eun Hui was kind of a terrible person to Cha Tae  Jin. It was a very cruel thing to marry him having no intention of treating him like a husband or giving him any emotional attachment. That she called him her father's dog, and threw away the ring he got her, and lived coldly with him for those many years probably helped turn him into a monster. Even the way he talked about his diseased mother was awful... add to that she was carrying another dude's kid....I mean, he didn't have to go psycho and mess all those ppl up  but he wasn't gonna end up a normal happy guy.

Cha Yeo Uk accepted too easily that his father was evil...I mean...even if he wasn't kind to him the dude at least pretended to be his father for >20yrs...I feel like it would have been hard to believe that stuff about him and target him.....although I guess it was easier after the dude messed with his mom's brain.

That anasthetist who willingly assisted in those criminal surgeries got of way to easy....

Cha Tae Jin, died, yeah, but did he also take the easy way out.....I dunno....

Also I have a moral question. About the brain map....yes the data was sourced from countless unethical and criminal acts....but now that those were done, doesn't it make sense not to get rid of it....so that the sacrifices of those patients involved was not in vain? I personally don't think I would have gotten rid of that cd.

What do you all think? If something useful and had the potential to help millions of people would you throw it away if you knew it was the result of unethical work?

I think I wouldn't. Especially considering how many early medical experiments up until the late 1900's  (and upon which much of our current medical knowledge was built) were highly unethical.

Of course knowingly doing something unethical to get results is inexcusable but since the damage has already been done...you know, put those sacrifices to good use. That's all I'm saying.

Regarding the organ harvesting in the OR. I think YW and GEH were just there for the prep? They left before the operation.

Yeah, in a way, OEH turned CTJ into a monster. But CTJ was mostly consumed by his greed and ambition, even leaving his

most beloved girlfriend.

CYU has always been the last person to know, last person to react. :)

Finally concluded watching Syndrome! Very touching scenes for all characters. Tears just kept flowing. Thanks to everyone here who gave recaps and especially to Prisma who did the English subs on darksmurfsubs However I think I'll watch it again because the first time round, the flow was somehow interrupted as I watched the episodes without subs as they came on then went back to watch them with subs. blush.gif

Overall, it was certainly an enlightening drama (covering areas of neurosurgery I never knew before like the "awake surgery"!) and with very good moral values. It could certainly lead to a discussion on how we are filled with both our lights and shadows and how we deal with that and those who hurt us with their shadow side. I would certainly recommend it to anyone but then of course I would recommend any work of Han Hye Jin! smile.gif

Thanks very much to Cresidesca for starting this thread (and also for sharing with me You are a Star - I'm still in the middle of it!) I also came across an earlier forum which you initiated for Guem Soon! That was really excellent!

By the way I just wanted to share how touched I was when Han Hye JIn consented to a request I made in meeting my mother in Singapore. I never expected it to make the news but since it's out there, here's the article - http://alturl.com/i48w8

Of course while I am so happy for my mom, I'm also so envious of her as I missed meeting HHJ, having left Singapore a week earlier!

Have any of you met her in person?

She is truly the coolest! Thanks to all her fans here for their continual support and I look forward to communicating with you all again on future forums discussing her future projects. 

Blessings to all!

Guest angelbayguh

I really like the song that is played at Eun-hee and Sung Joon scene...anyone know the title or artist of the song ??? I can't seem to find it anywhere...Thanks!

wmpc,

thanks and welcome for mentioning me.

That was so good of HHJ to do that for your mom.

Reading that article brought tears to my eyes.

Aws, HHJ without makeup is even prettier X 100!!

Awwws, Han Hye Jin... she sure looks super friendly and down to earth.

I like her. AJA GEUM SOON is a MUST WATCH!! You'll never regret it.

150+ episodes just seemed to fly by. I even watched it twice! It was that good!

See you in the next HHJ project.

I really like the song that is played at Eun-hee and Sung Joon scene...anyone know the title or artist of the song ??? I can't seem to find it anywhere...Thanks!

You can pm credeisca. She might know.

I like her.  AJA GEUM SOON is a MUST WATCH!!  You'll never regret it.

150+ episodes just seemed to fly by. I even watched it twice!   It was that good!

I totally agree Prisma that Be Strong (Aja) Geum Soon is a must watch! Actually that was the series that turned me into a big time HHJ fan and since watching it (only last year) I've been playing catch up with all her past dramas. smile.gif She is pretty amazing in all the characters she's played. 

I really hope I'll be as blessed as my mother to meet her in person one day. ^^

Guest altinneen

By the way I just wanted to share how touched I was when Han Hye JIn consented to a request I made in meeting my mother in Singapore. I never expected it to make the news but since it's out there, here's the article - http://alturl.com/i48w8

Of course while I am so happy for my mom, I'm also so envious of her as I missed meeting HHJ, having left Singapore a week earlier!

Have any of you met her in person?

She is truly the coolest! Thanks to all her fans here for their continual support and I look forward to communicating with you all again on future forums discussing her future projects. 

Han Hye Jin is a freakin goddess

Guest angelbayguh

Finally found it! the song is called 내곁으로와 by JULY .... but I can't find it anywhere to download..anyone know where I can download it? Thanks!

wmpc,

Am unable to send you a PM. Looks like I have been blocked by your acct? Anyways, I had uped episodes 73-84 of You are a Star to my mediafire folder earlier this week. I'll try to get more up tonight or tomorrow.

Hi guys !

I've juz finished watching Syndrome and I absolutely fall in love with the drama XD Can't believe i still keep replaying the episodes even if this is a medical drama. And compared to other medical dramas, this is a family rather romance drama. But i rlly love it and the whole casts :X

:( I wonder if anyone knows where to find the OST of the drama, as the only song I could find is Remember by UKISS. Anyone knows where can I find the other song where they usually play during EunHee-SeungJun scenes :( pls.

Thanks a lot in advance !

• 2 months later...

for those in Northern America who can use mvibo.com, they have begun e-subbing many of the jTBC dramas, including Syndrome! The 1st 2 episodes of jTBC dramas are free for viewing!

And wink, I'll try to get the rest of the You are a Star episodes up within the next week.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived