[Drama 2012] Syndrome 신드롬

creidesca

I forgot about that. But I'm not getting the feeling that she knows. May be all she knows is that there was once a relationship b/w TJ and Eun-hyun's mother.

Yeah, that is all she knows. I went to rewatch that part.

I would think she has the most effect on TJ--the nightmare of TJ in EP 7.

Haha!! I think so too! She always thought he was a good doctor, so maybe in one of the end scenes, her image might pop up and stop him from doing something bad. I highly doubt it, but I'm just thinking. I can't believe he was staring at her brain when she was sleeping on his lap. I felt bad for him until I saw him do that. Oh geez!!

I know in EP 18, TJ specifically told YW in front of Sung-joon. Am unable to recall where else he might have heard of it before this.

I sort of thought he did somewhere in Ep. 18, so that sounds about right. I was actually looking for more of a reaction from YW to confirm that he knew, but I didn't see that, so I wasn't sure if he knew or not. I guess he found out so much about everything that has happened so far, his mom redeveloping a brain tumor has officially become just one of those things he didn't know about before. In other words, he has lost all the shockness in him.

Am definitely relying on the english subs. If the drama had been dubbed in mandarin and there were c-subs to go along w/ the chinese dialogue I might understand a tiny bit more than just from the Korean raws, but still not enough to fully know what is going on.

Oh, I see. I like to read english subs too if they are available because I can't read that much chinese. But, usually the chinese subs come out first, so I have to rely on that.

Hmm.....I wonder what is going to happen in the last two episodes. I really hope Eun-hye doesn't die or something to expose TJ because I would be really sad. Can't wait for the next episode. So sad that this drama is ending, but because I love it so much, I'm going to constantly rewatch it like I'm doing right now.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get   the download links for the KOR  versions of episodes 17 and 18 on kpopella : http://kpopella.org/2012/04/10/syndrome/#more-11251

The softsubs of episodes 15 and 16 are up on Darksmurfsub. Although they are not done yet, they are understandable and helped me a lot in the comprehension of what is going on right now in the last episodes.smile.gif

You can get   the download links for the KOR  versions of episodes 17 and 18 on kpopella : http://kpopella.org/2012/04/10/syndrome/#more-11251

The softsubs of episodes 15 and 16 are up on Darksmurfsub. Although they are not done yet, they are understandable and helped me a lot in the comprehension of what is going on right now in the last episodes.*quoted image*

Oh that's good! I know it really is very difficult to watch an episode trying to guess what is going on. Thanks for the information. The chinese subs came out for Ep. 17 and not 18 yet, so just in case ppl want to know what is going on. I will summarize.

So, YW told HJ about his real dad and that TJ is doing brain mapping and he caused his mother to have that medical affect (really don't know how to write that word). YW asked what would she do if she had someone do that someone that she cherished and HJ said she would still continue to do her job at the hospital. She said he should go be with his mother cause his mother is the one in pain now. He should be strong in front of his mother and if he wants to be weak, he could do it in front of her (HJ).

Eun-hyun told Sun Woo about him going to do something like TJ and told him that he was TJ's son.

YW told his mother that he wants to know everything that is going on and not to keep anything from him.

TJ wants to oust SJ and asked Eun-hye's brother to help him.

YW told SJ that he will try to get used to what is going on. YW asked SJ what he did when he found out he had a son considering he ran off when he found out who his real father was. SJ said he wanted to, but he still came back. SJ said he wants to be his support and that he was proud to have YW as his son. YW asked SJ to tell him everything that TJ has done with the patients.

YW wants to know what Eun-hyun is plotting and he said he won't tell him. YW told Eun-hyun to use him considering he can help him out.

TJ wants YW to do something else other than neurosurgery and YW told him that he knows that he is not his son. TJ told YW that he and his mother are not going to divorce each other so in the mean time he should just fulfill his duties as his son.

Eun-hyun keeps telling HJ to stop being in neurosurgery and says things that hurt her.

Sun Woo tells SJ that Eun-hye is really having a brain tumor and not just faking it. He also tells him that Eun-hyun wants to perfom the same type of surgery that TJ does.

YW tells HJ about her father being the first patient that TJ experimented on.

A person that was living on the streets came into the hospital needing brain surgery.

Eun-hyun calls YJ to get information about what she has so far about brain mapping. Eun-hyun is going to operate on that person that was living on the streets and told YW to be his assistant.

HJ went to TJ and asked whether he deliberately gave her dad blindness.

It isn't in chronological order and I'm just writing it as I remembered it. I hope this helps ppl who are still waiting for english subs to come out.

I really love the father and son relationship in this show, I'm meaning SJ and YW. YW is probably really happy that he has a dad that cares about him.

Thanks for the link for the preview. I'm pretty sure YW is in a church praying for his mother, unless someone else got hurt. I guess TJ is operating on Eun-hye considering SJ was talking to YW in the church.

I really want to know how this series ends, but I\m getting very sad. I'm so attached to it and now it's ending!! Ay.....oh well then. I'm already rewatching the episodes cause I'm getting a withdrawal from this series. It's just sad that there is so little people to talk to, but that is better than no one.

I really hope Eun-hye doesn't die because I really want to see her with SJ again. I keep having a bad feeling that she might end up in a coma or something. I feel really sad about this couple. I also want to see HJ get together with YW in the end. They make a good couple! I'm actually really interested as to how they can get TJ out of there without the expense of Eun-hye. I honestly feel sorry for TJ not being about to be with Eun-hyun's mother, but what he is doing to the patients is unforgiveable. Maybe, they can get him to leave the chairman position and live with Eun-hyun's mother. That would be good for him too. I think if it ended like that, the show would be perfect, but again, I feel that someone will die or something. Ay.....I hope I'm wrong.

The chinese subs are only available until Ep.17. Are there only 20 episodes for this drama? I wonder if Creidesca or anyone could give us a spoiler for today and tomorrow's episode since I could not watch on-line.

@kitty99

Yes, I hope Eun Hee will not die and will reunite with SJ, 'cos they still love each other very much. They certainly look good together and with YW, they are a much happier family than with TJ.

These were posted on Han Hye Jin's twitter today...from the last day of filming:

clsts.jpg

hsela.jpg

ylfii.jpg

woflm.jpg

and from news sources:

cab4d600c3b8d3a36dfda9b.jpg

2012041616481611141.jpg

And...EP 20 preview clip @ jTBC: http://home.jtbc.co.kr/preview/PreviewView.aspx?vod_service=2&prog_id=PR10010064&menu_id=PM10012088&epis_id=EP10011747

from the looks of it...I'm basing off of the preview for the final episode,

Eun-hee makes it out of surgery, and could it be TJ who gets into some type of accident???

I'll start watching EP 19 once I get back from my local Rite Aid to finish off a rebate.

Thanks semi-fly for the torrent link.

Thanks creidesca for posting the EP. 20 preview link and for the bts pictures.

Well, in Ep. 19,

it does show that Eun-hee makes it out of surgery okay. There was a father/son hug which I loved very much and SJ and Eun-hee were hugging and crying too which I loved. SJ is really good for staging that. I don't get most of the dialogue, but all I know is that Ep. 19 is all about Eun-hee surgery and how they staged it so that TJ does the surgery, does his brain mapping and well...we know nothing happens cause they changed the instrument. Now, I know what that is for. That instrument is made to just smoke and not cut anything.

I was really anxious watching Ep. 19 and watching everyone nodd head at each other. It was worse when I didn't know what they were doing. I was hoping whatever they were plotting works.

In Ep. 18, the whole ordeal about Eun-hee's brother paying someone was to get SJ out of the hospital. From what I gather, he must of performed sugery on YJ's uncle and then he died. So, TJ used that against him and wanted YJ to blame SJ. I guess the kneeling from Eun-hee worked considering in Ep. 19 I think,

YJ didn't go for it and SJ was fine. I want to know what YJ said to SJ though. Probably told him about Eun-hee kneeling and probably saying they are so lucky to have each other.

Again, guessing.

From what the preview for Ep. 20, seems to show is that

TJ does get into an accident and this is obviously after everyone spoiled his plans. He probably got ousted out of the hospital and couldn't take it, so he wasn't paying attention to his driving and go into an accident. I think he dies?

As much as I hate him for what he did, on some levels, I do feel sorry for him and if he ends up where I think he is ending up, I think that is quite sad. From the preview,

as much as Eun-hyun hates his dad, he did not want him to die or get into an accident like that

which tells you that he on some levels do love his dad, just don't want him to do bad things. I actually wanted TJ to be with Eun-hyun's mother considering the mother has been longing for him for so long. I guess for the things he did, it is difficult for him to get out of free?

Is YW and HJ ever going to get together? Was the kiss just a kiss and nothing else is going to happen? I feel that HJ still doesn't know how she feels. SJ and Eun-hee loves each other while these two? I feel that the only romance in this series is SJ and Eun-hee. Oh...I really want to see YW with HJ in the end even if it is the last scene considering I know this series is not all about romance. I mean, at least it wouldn't seem like all the chasing that YW did in the beginning is such a waste and instead attention should be on something else. Again, ranting...feeling like this couple is going no where.

Now what could HJ have said to YW at the end of the episode to give him that expression? Plus,

Eun-hyun tells HJ that TJ is his dad and apologies profusely to her. Sometime before that, Eun-hyun learns that YW isn't TJ's son.

. I appreciate the flashback/memory sequences of TJ while he performs surgery on Eun-hee. Also, did

Eun-hee recognize Sung-joon? I know in front of the others she did a well job of pretending, even in front of her own son.

And hah! Kwang-hee

finally gets to see TJ's true self.

Now what could HJ have said to YW at the end of the episode to give him that expression? Plus,

Eun-hyun tells HJ that TJ is his dad and apologies profusely to her. Sometime before that, Eun-hyun learns that YW isn't TJ's son.

. I appreciate the flashback/memory sequences of TJ while he performs surgery on Eun-hee. Also, did

Eun-hee recognize Sung-joon? I know in front of the others she did a well job of pretending, even in front of her own son.

And hah! Kwang-hee

finally gets to see TJ's true self.

Yeah, I want to know too. I guess we can guess what the expression might mean after the end of the last episode.

I think Eun-hyun knew that

YW wasn't TJ's son when Eun-hee said something which made Eun-hyun look at YW and YW to look at him back.

It's like they told all the secrets there in that tiny room.

I saw that

Eun-hee recognized SJ, but it could be like the time when YW came back from running away and Eun-hee called out to YW and he was shocked that she knew it was him even though she still had that sickness.

It really would be great if that did cure the sickness. If it did, then I really want to know how that happened.

Well, I was happy about the revelation that Kwang-hee found. He finally sort of convinced me that he loves his sister with that kind of a reaction.

Well, tomorrow is the end. I wonder how it will end.....

Thank you semi-fly for the torrent link.

I'm sad the series is done, but without the subs, the ending left me with mixed feelings. I don't know what they are doing with TJ, but

I think after all this work of trying to oust TJ, they sort of did it, like kick him out of the hospital, but at the same time kept his career?

I don't know. I feel that another episode would be good considering too much things were happening in this episode. Again, maybe if I knew what they were saying, then this episode might be a good ending. I hope someone can answer my questions like,

I guess by the end, YW and HJ are together? I'm not annoyed about the less romance with this couple considering it is a medical drama, but I mean too much chasing in the beginning and then one scene. Okay, I'm complaining. I think I'm complaining because I'm not quite sure when HJ decided that she like YW way more than Eun-hyun. I guess somewhere down the line she did and it wasn't shown. So, what about the parents? I guess Eun-hee is still married to TJ and well, her and SJ could just be way more than best friends? I really want to know what they were doing to TJ though.

I had wished that they just get TJ to quit the chairman position and be with Eun-hyun's mom, but ay....oh well then...I guess. I'm rambling now considering I really didn't have that good of a feeling watching the ending. Maybe, after people watch it and comment about it, then it might shed some new light for me. But, right now, I'm confused and depressed.

I cried pretty much through the final episode, even though I didn't understand much of it. I, too, am confused about what they were doing with TJ's body. It seemed like an inspection of some sort before ???. Plus while Eun-hee was in TJ's hospital room, didn't the machine give off warning sounds? So something already happened?

And the whole key to TJ is Eun-hyun's mother isn't it?

Well, I believe the YW chasing HJ in the beginning was to show how sheltered YW had been for the most part of his life, because I was irritated at the immaturity of his character (the shower scene comes to mind) and could understand why Eun-hyun felt YW had much to learn. However, by the end of the drama, each man's perspectives have changed and I think there is respect for the other? Looks like HJ learned a life lesson from her father. Interested in knowing what Eun-hee had to say by TJ's hospital bed.

I really liked the final scene of Eun-hyun's. And SJ was there to give him encouraging words. Eun-hyun's state of mind must have been better compared to either TJ's or SJ at that age.

Hmm..I keep having a feeling that TJ is either

in a coma or brain dead. And what they were doing to his body, I think is to let him die peacefully?

I can't possibly think of anything else they would do to his body.

Ratings for the final 2 episodes:

19 = 1.812%

20 = 1.890%

More than doubled its ratings from the 1st episode. And the final episode is its highest rated episode.

From hancinema:

"Syndrome" ends successfully with near 2%

General Service Channel JTBC drama "Sydnrome" ended with a viewing rate of almost 2%.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 18th, "Syndrome" on the 17th ended with 1.890%.

This is slightly higher than the previous day's episode on the 16th. It is even more meaningful since it didn't drop percentage until the very end.

"Syndrome" is the first medical drama on the General Service Channel that revolves around the fight for authority and love story between the doctors with the matter of secrets at birth well blended in.

Meanwhile, Channel A "K-Pop - The Ultimate Audition" rated 0.436%.

---------------

Also, the drama has been sold to Germany for broadcast.

---------------

And jTBC has 2 new BtS clips up here: http://home.jtbc.co.kr/Sketch/SketchView.aspx?epis_id=EP10011877

Ratings for the final 2 episodes:

19 = 1.812%

20 = 1.890%

More than doubled its ratings from the 1st episode. And the final episode is its highest rated episode.

And jTBC has 2 new BtS clips up here: http://home.jtbc.co.kr/Sketch/SketchView.aspx?epis_id=EP10011877

Thank you for the ratings news and the bts clip!! That is great to hear!!

I keep thinking what that last part meant for YW and HJ and I sort of finally got it. I remember when that happened, it was

Ep. 4 and YW drew the picture with the caption that she made his heart beat differently which means he likes her. Well, now here, it is HJ that tells YW to listen to her heart which I think means the same thing, that now she likes him too.

That is a good way to end the couple that way. I always thought that scene way back with YW and HJ was a very nice scene that makes me still remember it.

Oh cool!! I'm glad the ratings never dropped till the end. That is very nice to hear.

I finally got to watch Ep. 18 with the chinese subs and was very happy about it. There was actually a lot of things that I didn't know happened. For one thing,

SJ never knew that that Eun-hyun was TJ's son until this episode. I always thought he knew too, but after thinking back, I realized he didn't. Eun-hee was the only one who knew everything before everyone else. YJ's uncle died and apparently the surgery was done by SJ watching/teaching HJ and YW how to do/or prepare the surgery. The Eun-hee's brother used this death to blame it on SJ for letting under one year students do that surgery. Eun-hee told everyone that she was going to let TJ do the surgery except for TJ, she told him that she was going to let SJ do it. HJ in the beginning actually thanked TJ for doing to surgery on her dad because if he didn't, he would have died instead of just going blind. Eun-hyun never did anything to the guy that was living on the streets, he just made it like he did something and spread that news to his father. Apparently, I think the guy was already blind? I didn't understand that part of the translation, but I know he faked doing something to the patient. I finally understand the confustion on YW's face in the end, he was shocked about his mother wanting the surgery right then.

I really dislike that brother of Eun-hee's. I bet later on he probably felt really bad for listening to TJ all the time and helping him. Or, he might just continue on going the way he likes it.

I find that the character of YW is really nice. He doesn't seem to hold any grudges. He still calls him father after everything he has done to his mother and the fact that he wasn't really always there for him. Maybe after knowing everything, it's easier to let things go now?

Guest Beluga14

I can not find any KOR version that is required for the subtitle. could somebody post a link where I can find KOR version from episode 09 to END, please? Or are there any other versions that I can sync with the subtitle on http://www.darksmurfsub.com ?. I really like this drama and would like to watch it urgently. so please help me.

I can not find any KOR version that is required for the subtitle. could somebody post a link where I can find KOR version from episode 09 to END, please? Or are there any other versions that I can sync with the subtitle on http://www.darksmurfsub.com ?. I really like this drama and would like to watch it urgently. so please help me.

Beluga14, for EP 15-20 you can find the KOR version over at kpopella.org. Have you tried syncing the subs on darksmurfsub to the Khai rips for EP 9-14? Darksmurfsubs give you the option to sync the subs yourself when you go to download the sub. You just need to know what is the first line of the subtitle and find out at what time it is said in the rip you have downloaded then input that that time under the "Adjust Time & Download" to create the subtitle file that will match with your video rip.

Archived