[Drama 2012] Syndrome 신드롬

creidesca

It's been bugging me (where else have I seen him) since he made his first appearance in the drama, but I finally got a name to go with the character of Yang Sang-doo (양상두)! The actor's name is 김호창 (Kim Ho Chang).

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has YW finally grown into his own after assisting on the shunt procedure? Any thoughts on what was going through his mind when he sat on the floor of the changing room?

Eun-hyun must be fustrated since no one seems to be stopping TJ. Hopefully his appeal to YW was the right decision. I'm seeing Eun-hyun, YW, and HJ as the new future of the University Hospital (or at least in the neurosurgery dept).

Actress Han Hye Jin posted the following to her twitter:

9otsvr.jpg

vavhxi.jpg

Episode 15 preview is up at the jTBC website

Can someone please tell me what happened in Ep. 15? I knew it would have been a bad idea

for YW to go see that patient with his emotions all going haywire. I hope that patient doesn't die or it's going to be all on him.

Thanks.

Thank for the Ep. 16 preview. I wonder who is going

to bring YW back after he leaves the hospital?

I feel so bad for him at this moment.

creidesca, those drawings are pretty cool! Who drew them? Do you know?

sorry for the late reply, woke up at 4AM just to get ready to head to school to register for a class (1st come first serve as there's only 24 spaces available for a very impacted class).

kitty99, I'm confused...

I could tell that YW had a difference in opinion w/ the other male doctor, but it looked like he ended up following that guy's orders, or am I wrong about that?

Being YW's mother, Eun-hee sure hasn't been taking notice of her son--how could she not know about YW's special place (the greenhouse). And does she really have a brain tumor? But why, oh why, did she have to tell YW that Min Sung Joon is his father when he is still reeling from finding out what TJ did to her?

I'm not sure who drew the pictures, the drawings don't seem to have a signature. Han Hye Jin uploaded the pics herself. She made no comment on who drew the pictures, just that her time as Lee Hae Jo will be coming to an end soon I think. Maybe she drew them?

sorry for the late reply, woke up at 4AM just to get ready to head to school to register for a class (1st come first serve as there's only 24 spaces available for a very impacted class).

kitty99, I'm confused...

I could tell that YW had a difference in opinion w/ the other male doctor, but it looked like he ended up following that guy's orders, or am I wrong about that?

Being YW's mother, Eun-hee sure hasn't been taking notice of her son--how could she not know about YW's special place (the greenhouse). And does she really have a brain tumor? But why, oh why, did she have to tell YW that Min Sung Joon is his father when he is still reeling from finding out what TJ did to her?

I'm not sure who drew the pictures, the drawings don't seem to have a signature. Han Hye Jin uploaded the pics herself. She made no comment on who drew the pictures, just that her time as Lee Hae Jo will be coming to an end soon I think. Maybe she drew them?

Ay....I wish I knew what was going on. But, if you are referring to the top part, based on what I could take from it,

I don't think he told YW to do anything. He just told him what his father is doing wrong. YW, I guess, just wanted to go and question his father on why he did that to his mother and the other people. Again, speculation, still have to wait for subs.

I can't blame Eun-hee for not noticing that part. She has her own problems and have to think about how to oust TJ out of that position without damaging the image of the hospital. She thinks that since YW doesn't know anything, then she doesn't have to worry about him. I think now, she will be especially more paying attention to her son considering the events that happened.

I was thinking the same thing as you did. Why would she tell him who his real father is at this time? I was thinking that maybe they were thinking that YW is so devastated with having that kind of a father, by telling him that his real father is not him might ease the pain a little. I sort of thought of that before they did it, but after thinking about it, I think it's worse if she did that.

I feel so bad for him. He first thinks that his father, which is not real now, is so horrible for doing that that he could only turn to his mother, which she ruined that saying that she kept that secret about his real father from him. So, he can't turn to his mother now, can't really go to his teacher who is apparently his real father who he has to somehow absorb, I think the only person he could talk to would be HJ. But, given all the things that happened and her father being one of the patients on the list, he doesn't know how to deal with it. So, now, he has no one to turn to and his career is on the line. Ay...I hope things go better for him later.

Is this series really 20 episodes? How are the ratings so far?

I believe it's supposed to be 20, as the drama to replace it starts on the 23rd, according to one of the articles posted on dramabeans.

About Eun-hee...

shouldn't she have already known that the greenhouse was his special place even before her prosopagnosia, before TJ took control, had she been an attentive mother? At least look there before asking for help. But I guess all these years she's been too wrapped up in the hospital to notice that her son may not have wanted to take over the hospital in the first place.

YW mentioned the T-wave. Why did I feel that the other male doctor dismissed it? May be if he wasn't preoccupied by what he's learned about his "family" he would have been more vocal in the treatment of the patient.

Here's an article out today that discusses YW in today's episode (his reaction to the revealing of truths, to handling the patient...) : http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=212323 (in Korean).

I believe it's supposed to be 20, as the drama to replace it starts on the 23rd, according to one of the articles posted on dramabeans.

About Eun-hee...

shouldn't she have already known that the greenhouse was his special place even before her prosopagnosia, before TJ took control, had she been an attentive mother? At least look there before asking for help. But I guess all these years she's been too wrapped up in the hospital to notice that her son may not have wanted to take over the hospital in the first place.

YW mentioned the T-wave. Why did I feel that the other male doctor dismissed it? May be if he wasn't preoccupied by what he's learned about his "family" he would have been more vocal in the treatment of the patient.

Here's an article out today that discusses YW in today's episode (his reaction to the revealing of truths, to handling the patient...) : http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=212323 (in Korean).

Thanks for the article, if only I knew how to read it. I would love to know what his reaction was.

Well, with Eun-hee,

wasn't diagnosed with a some sort of a sickness (I forgot what it is) that lead to the surgery which lead to the prosopagnosia? I think, yes, she probably wanted her son to take over the hospital, but apart from that, she was also sick which made her a less attentive mother.

I have a feeling that male doctor dismissed it. I think YW would be a good doctor, but he just has to learn how to control his emotions. Not blaming him for anything considering everything that he found out. I just think that he should have passed trying to treat that patient if he wasn't into it. Can you do that? I think that would have been better.

Thanks for the article, if only I knew how to read it. I would love to know what his reaction was.

Well, with Eun-hee,

wasn't diagnosed with a some sort of a sickness (I forgot what it is) that lead to the surgery which lead to the prosopagnosia? I think, yes, she probably wanted her son to take over the hospital, but apart from that, she was also sick which made her a less attentive mother.

But her tumor existed before her father passed away. He wanted her to use it as a reason to build the intensive care center. The realization of the intensive care center only happened thanks to a government grant, but due to TJ's interference, the money was split between the brain center and a supposed intensive care center.

I don't know, HJ's father was blinded because of surgery, yet he's devoted to his daughter and doesn't seem to dwell on the what ifs. He's only afraid of holding back his daughter. I had hoped Eun-hee would come to a similar understanding--a chance for her to be able to experience what she had missed out on. At the beginning of her prosopagnosia she became aware of her other senses, but have you noticed lately that she can only recognize the person if they speak to her? Even with her own son, he has to tell her that it's him that's standing in front of her. She's no longer trying, depending on the trial drugs with devastating side effects.

But her tumor existed before her father passed away. He wanted her to use it as a reason to build the intensive care center. The realization of the intensive care center only happened thanks to a government grant, but due to TJ's interference, the money was split between the brain center and a supposed intensive care center.

I don't know, HJ's father was blinded because of surgery, yet he's devoted to his daughter and doesn't seem to dwell on the what ifs. He's only afraid of holding back his daughter. I had hoped Eun-hee would come to a similar understanding--a chance for her to be able to experience what she had missed out on. At the beginning of her prosopagnosia she became aware of her other senses, but have you noticed lately that she can only recognize the person if they speak to her? Even with her own son, he has to tell her that it's him that's standing in front of her. She's no longer trying, depending on the trial drugs with devastating side effects.

I don't know if I'm saying this right, but maybe blindness is like an end. There may not be any other problems coming after being blind. But, with Eun-hee, it's in her brain that causes that prosopagnosia. I think her condition might have worsen because of some other effects in the brain. Maybe her condition is worsening and we are not seeing the whole picture because maybe the it wasn't explained.

I think she loves her son wholeheartedly, but I'm pretty sure if her son really never told his mother about the greenhouse and really wanted to keep it as a place for him to be quiet and in peace with no one to bug him, then it would be hard for her to know. I think she gave him space and not be a typical mother who kept tabs on where her son is 24/7.

I really want to know if she told YW the actual reason as to why she left his real father and married TJ. I really hope this secret comes out. I would love to see Eun-Hee together with MSJ again. It was really sad for her to have to leave him.

Okay, I can give that she might not know about the greenhouse, but to not know that her son had entertained other thoughts outside of medicine. Unless she thought he's still young, that he'd come around when it's time. Her "mother's kindness" might just end up breaking her only child.

YW now believes that his life has been a complete farce. Did I mistaken in hearing Eun-hee mentioning YW's grandfather before she got to the point that TJ is not his father but Sung Joon is? And did she keep out the fact that TJ knows that YW isn't his son?

I think her condition worsened because of the drugs she was so insistent that Sung Joon obtain for her. Or at the least, the trial drugs facilitated in worsening her condition. Before she took the 2nd dose, Sung Joon had received a call from his friend telling him of the disastrous side effects. I thought her plan had been to pretend the return of her brain tumor, but it might have become a reality. It's a bit confusing because I am unable to tell whose brain scans she give Sun Woo and/or Sung Joon and/or given to her by Sung Joon. If her tumor has returned, doesn't it look like she is keeping Sung Joon in the dark, while telling Sun Woo?

Ratings for EP 15, according to AGB Nielsen was 2.245%! For that one episode, it more than doubled its viewership from the 1st episode, and broke its own episode ratings. Another article has the ratings for EP 15 at 1.885% (it still more than doubled it's viewership from the 1st episode).

Oh and a spoiler article regarding stills b/w HJ & YW for what I believe is for a scene in EP 16: http://asian-drama.org/song-chang-ui-han-hye-jin-kiss-raise-anticipation-for-syndrome/

Oh Oh! The kiss scene happens right at the end of episode 16...but if you take a look at the sequence of the stills at the jTBC as opposed to the ones at asian-drama.org, I think we see what happens after the kiss???

Guest superstar998

Does anyone happen to know the artist who sings the theme song between Eun-hee and Sung Joon? Also who sings the theme song that is being played at the end of episode 15?

Ratings for EP 15, according to AGB Nielsen was 2.245%! For that one episode, it more than doubled its viewership from the 1st episode, and broke its own episode ratings. Another article has the ratings for EP 15 at 1.885% (it still more than doubled it's viewership from the 1st episode).

Oh and a spoiler article regarding stills b/w HJ & YW for what I believe is for a scene in EP 16: http://asian-drama.org/song-chang-ui-han-hye-jin-kiss-raise-anticipation-for-syndrome/

Oh Oh! The kiss scene happens right at the end of episode 16...but if you take a look at the sequence of the stills at the jTBC as opposed to the ones at asian-drama.org, I think we see what happens after the kiss???

Thanks for the info and thank you semi-fly for the torrent link. I'm so happy right now that I had to express it here after I watched it. I would love to know what happened, but I guess I have to wait for the subs, whenever people have free time. Can someone just answer me one thing? So, what happened to YW in regards to his work at the hospital? Thanks.

I'm sooooooooooo happy for the ratings!! Sooooooo happy for that scene!! I'm just reallllllly happy now!!!! I didn't know how I could wait for the next episodes, but after this, I don't care when the next episodes air!! :P Okay.....maybe I do care when the next episodes air because I want to see what happens next.

Okay, I can give that she might not know about the greenhouse, but to not know that her son had entertained other thoughts outside of medicine. Unless she thought he's still young, that he'd come around when it's time. Her "mother's kindness" might just end up breaking her only child.

YW now believes that his life has been a complete farce. Did I mistaken in hearing Eun-hee mentioning YW's grandfather before she got to the point that TJ is not his father but Sung Joon is? And did she keep out the fact that TJ knows that YW isn't his son?

I think her condition worsened because of the drugs she was so insistent that Sung Joon obtain for her. Or at the least, the trial drugs facilitated in worsening her condition. Before she took the 2nd dose, Sung Joon had received a call from his friend telling him of the disastrous side effects. I thought her plan had been to pretend the return of her brain tumor, but it might have become a reality. It's a bit confusing because I am unable to tell whose brain scans she give Sun Woo and/or Sung Joon and/or given to her by Sung Joon. If her tumor has returned, doesn't it look like she is keeping Sung Joon in the dark, while telling Sun Woo?

Oh, his other intentions, yeah, I think she knows, but as like every other mother out there, she wants the best for her son, which is to run the hospital. Didn't YW sort of accepted it and even wanted to go into Neurosurgery to cure his mother? I'm not sure, but I think if YW voiced it more, then maybe she would consider it. I guess his mother's condition ended up taking over his intentions in the end. I think he is finding that being a doctor isn't so bad right?

Oh, so she did mention about the grandfather? I would think so. If she was planning on spilling the beans about who the real father is, then she would have to start from the beginning and that is with the grandfather. Although, I'm not quite sure if she is still telling him everything though. Maybe, she just wants to say the important stuff and leave out everything else bad about TJ so as to burden him less? I'm not sure.

Well, I think she might tell Sung Joon if her tumor has returned. But, for now, I think she would keep things about her condition secret until she knows the truth. Maybe in the end, Sung Joon has to operate on her and then her illness will disappear. I'm guessing.

Ep. 16 answered my question about where the drawings came from. :P

I wonder what happened with YW's patient at the end of ep 15? Did she die because of him? That made him leave the hospital?

I feel sorry to YW for what happening to him lately. Seems his mom told him the truth about his grandfather and biological dad. The most heart-breaking for him I guess is the fact that HJ's dad is one of TJ's victim whom he assumed as his dad.

It's a good one, still hope it will'be subbed into the end.

Oh, his other intentions, yeah, I think she knows, but as like every other mother out there, she wants the best for her son, which is to run the hospital. Didn't YW sort of accepted it and even wanted to go into Neurosurgery to cure his mother? I'm not sure, but I think if YW voiced it more, then maybe she would consider it. I guess his mother's condition ended up taking over his intentions in the end. I think he is finding that being a doctor isn't so bad right?

Haven't seen EP 16 yet, but I don't think Eun-hee believed YW would do something outside of medicine, or leave her side (as far as the US), for that matter. Yet, she was completely shocked when she stumbled upon the acceptance letter from UCLA in TJ's office.

Oh, so she did mention about the grandfather? I would think so. If she was planning on spilling the beans about who the real father is, then she would have to start from the beginning and that is with the grandfather. Although, I'm not quite sure if she is still telling him everything though. Maybe, she just wants to say the important stuff and leave out everything else bad about TJ so as to burden him less? I'm not sure.

And leave out the bad things about herself too, right? Afterall, she did attempt to use TJ's mom's genetic disease as leverage against him in the first month of the marriage, knowing full well they hadn't slept together. The guy hadn't done anything to her except accept her marriage-in-name-only back then. Gosh, I'm sure her father used that against him too!

Well, I think she might tell Sung Joon if her tumor has returned. But, for now, I think she would keep things about her condition secret until she knows the truth. Maybe in the end, Sung Joon has to operate on her and then her illness will disappear. I'm guessing.

Hmm, then why did Sun Woo stop himself from telling Sung Joon about Eun-hee even before her brother walked into the room?

Archived