[Drama 2012] Syndrome 신드롬

creidesca

Guest Beluga14

Beluga14, for EP 15-20 you can find the KOR version over at kpopella.org. Have you tried syncing the subs on darksmurfsub to the Khai rips for EP 9-14? Darksmurfsubs give you the option to sync the subs yourself when you go to download the sub. You just need to know what is the first line of the subtitle and find out at what time it is said in the rip you have downloaded then input that that time under the "Adjust Time & Download" to create the subtitle file that will match with your video rip.

Thank you so much^^

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: is it a good drama?

im planning to download it

Well, I personally love it. It has a mixture of romance, angst, suspense, secrets, and it talks about saving people. I really don't know how to discribe it, just watch a few episodes and see. I always do that to a series I want to watch to see if the storyline attracts my attention.

Well, Ep. 19 had a lots of things happening.....

SJ told Sun-Woo to book a room to make it seem like he is still doing the surgery for Eun-hee even when he was suspended to get TJ's attention. HJ and Eun-hyun was going to be assistants in the surgery and SJ handed that instrument over to HJ and told he to switch it when TJ uses it. SJ told Eun-hyun to find evidence as to what side effect TJ was going to make Eun-hee have. Eun-hee told Eun-hyun that YW was not TJ's son and TJ knows. SJ said that secret is going to be used

SJ told Sun-Woo to book a room to make it seem like he is still doing the surgery for Eun-hee even when he was suspended to get TJ's attention. HJ and Eun-hyun was going to be assistants in the surgery and SJ handed that instrument over to HJ and told he to switch it when TJ uses it. SJ told Eun-hyun to find evidence as to what side effect TJ was going to make Eun-hee have. Eun-hee told Eun-hyun that YW was not TJ's son and TJ knows. SJ said that secret is going to be used to prevent the surgery from happening and it will also be something that Eun-hyun can use to make it seem like he is on TJ's side. Sure enough, everything went the way SJ thought it would. TJ said if SJ went on trying to do the surgery, then he will makes things difficult for YW and SJ. Eun-hyun said that he wasn't happy that a suspended is doing this without permission and asked TJ to do something about it. TJ told Eun-hyun that he was going to make her a mad lady by having her emotions run wild.

Eun-hyun told this to SJ and SJ had to find out what part of the brain he was going to do that on. So, the surgery is done by TJ, he kicked YW out of the room and had Eun-hyun as his first assistant and HJ as his second assistant. SJ found out what part of the brain he was going to do it on and told it to HJ. TJ had flashbacks to a time where he wanted to give a ring to Eun-hee and Eun-hee said don't do that. Apparently, it seemed like TJ was the one who made it seem like the patient that died while SJ had operated was made to look like that by TJ and she could not forgive him for that. He also had a flashback to where he was thinking that he wasn't going to be able to live a happy life, so since he gave up that, then he will go on doing what he thinks is right. TJ did do something to that part of the brain that SJ said he would, but luckily the instrument was changed. Still, it wasn't sure if anything else happened while TJ was taking to tumor out.

YW went to the church and prayed to God to save his mother. SJ told him that the surgery was done and they won't know what will happen until she wakes up. He told YW that if he wanted to hate someone, then he should hate him because if he didn't leave his mother in the first place, then things might not be as bad. YW asked if he could call him father and then he said thank you for being his father. (I love this part!! I teared watching them hug.)

I think two days later? Eun-hee woke up with a really bad temper and even threw her own brother out of the room. TJ came to see and after being convinced that she was a mad lady, didn't care about hurting YW or KH. TJ wants to send Eun-hee to a mental hospital and her brother wouldn't allow it. TJ said unless you want to take care of her like that, then you should make arrangements. I'm pretty happy that Eun-hee's brother cared about her here. TJ met up with SJ on the way back to his office and told SJ that he would not let him off that surgery that caused YJ's uncle to die. HJ met Eun-hyun on the rooftop and Eun-hyun told her that he was TJ's son and apologized for wanting to ignore the fact that her father's blindness was caused by TJ because he wanted revenge on TJ so much.

YJ went to tell SJ not to worry about that surgery. In the eyes of a doctor, SJ did nothing wrong and she said she was going to tell her family to drop the lawsuit. She also told him she was leaving soon. SJ went to see Eun-hee and she told him nothing's wrong, everything was an act and told him not to worry. (Also, love this part, they make me want to cry!! They love each other so much!!) TJ told Eun-hyun that everything is going the way he wanted and told Eun-hyun that he would give him what he has on brain mapping if he told him where his mother was kept. (Wow!! Eun-hyun is really good as hiding his mother. Even, TJ can't find her!)

YW and HJ had a conversation outside their secret hideout. HJ said that for once in her life she wanted to someone to die and that was TJ.

Sorry, if it is not in order. I'm basing it on what I remember. I guess the lesson that HJ learns from her father would have something to do about how she felt about TJ in this episode.

I love everything that happened in this episode!! Now, I just need to understand what Ep. 20 was doing and then I will be happy.

Have been away on a short vacation and have only now been able to play "catch up"! Was so curious as to who would get the gal - HJ - in the end!! Was secretly hoping it would be EH but it was YW!! So all his courting paid off! LOL! Poor EH! After such a sad past, I was hoping he would have HJ to lighten up his life. Oh well!!

I don't completely understand the last few episodes as the completed English subs are only at Episode 14 and perhaps that could be the reason why I found the drama to be increasingly filled with "talking heads" for the last few episodes - that is, just a lot of dialogue and not so much action which is fine I guess when you comprehend what they are saying. Anxiously waiting for the English subs to be completed!

So glad the ratings only got higher. 

Thanks for the OtS links Creidesca and the set visit photos Han Hye Jin tweeted was organised by her cafe / fan club! Too bad I'm not in Seoul to have had the chance to join them!

Meanwhile, I will finally start on "You are a Star" (thanks again Creidesca!) 

Well, I personally love it. It has a mixture of romance, angst, suspense, secrets, and it talks about saving people. I really don't know how to discribe it, just watch a few episodes and see. I always do that to a series I want to watch to see if the storyline attracts my attention.

Well, Ep. 19 had a lots of things happening.....

Apparently, it seemed like TJ was the one who made it seem like the patient that died while SJ had operated was made to look like that by TJ and she could not forgive him for that. He also had a flashback to where he was thinking that he wasn't going to be able to live a happy life, so since he gave up that, then he will go on doing what he thinks is right.

Did they go into detail how TJ manage to do this? Or what exactly did he do?

I had wondered what kept driving TJ's focus on brain-mapping. That was the only sense of accomplishment he had left when he thought he would never have a son and his marriage a contract. It would be interesting to see how things would have turned out if both women had told their man he was to be a father.

Did TJ tell Eun-hyun what the password to his brain-map files was?

TJ told Eun-hyun that everything is going the way he wanted and told Eun-hyun that he would give him what he has on brain mapping if he told him where his mother was kept. (Wow!! Eun-hyun is really good as hiding his mother. Even, TJ can't find her!)

Did TJ know about Hee-Yeon's illness? I'm more wowed that TJ would willingly give Eun-hyun the files just to see Hee-Yeon once! Both YJ and Eun-hee tried to access his brain-map files but were unsuccessful.

wmpc, sorry I haven't been able to upload more episodes within the past couple of weeks. Not been able to gain access to my brother's laptop, since he has the better upload connection.

Did they go into detail how TJ manage to do this? Or what exactly did he do?

I'll tell you exactly what the subs say, I'm not sure if it helps. Eun-hee said that TJ made the patient that SJ was going to do surgery on, before he/she died, to sign an organ donor sheet. After the patient died, TJ told the patient's family about it and made it look like some medical accident. Then, she told him not give him the ring because it will make her throw up.

Hmm....I do want to know what would happen if the women did tell their men that they will become a father. I'm pretty sure the men would not leave the women they love and well...this show would not happen.

Did TJ tell Eun-hyun what the password to his brain-map files was?

I'm pretty sure he did considering Eun-hyun was looking at the CD and well, TJ did find his mother in Ep. 20. It just wasn't indicated in Ep. 19.

Did TJ know about Hee-Yeon's illness? I'm more wowed that TJ would willingly give Eun-hyun the files just to see Hee-Yeon once! Both YJ and Eun-hee tried to access his brain-map files but were unsuccessful.

He just said that he was Eun-hyun's father and Eun-hyun asked if he believed him, and TJ said it's hard for him to believe anyone. He said that adding Eun-hyun to the project made him think about it a lot and since, he is in, they should make the best for themselves. I think TJ only knows a little about what Hee-Yeon's illness could be considering she did say she was 23 years old when they first met. So, TJ could only guess what her illness is. Eun-hyun never told TJ about her illness in Ep. 19. Maybe in Ep. 20? I think TJ is thinking if he can't trust his own son, then who can he trust? He is hoping that Eun-hyun will not betray his own father. I know he loves Hee-Yeon, but I think he is also saying that to show that Eun-hyun is equally important and he would trade the password for the files for her. I think it is supposed to make Eun-hyun feel that his father still cares and not give his files away.

I hope it helps to understand the storyline while you guys are waiting for the English subs. Sometimes, the English subbing says something that is easier to understand than the Chinese subs. So, I still suggest you guys to watch the English subs when it comes out to get a better understanding of the series.

I'm downloading Ep. 20. I'll tell you guys the ending later. :P

Hmm..this is like my third time doing this. I really don’t know why the internet hates me. I’m not giving up until this is done.

So, Ep. 20

TJ told Eun-hyun that the password is Kang Hee-Yeon. He said that even though it is hard to believe people , he will believe him because he is his son.

Eun-hyun met up with HJ and asked her to eat with him. He said he always wanted to know how it feels to eat with her. He then told her that he got the brain map files and that the password was his mother’s name.

YJ went to see Eun-hee and felt sorry for what happened to her. She said that TJ helped her up when she was down and made her feel like she wasn’t alone. She said she is leaving to atone for her mistakes.

HJ listed all the people that went blind that TJ operated on. She said that neurosurgeons feel like Gods when they save people, but hide when something happens. Eun-hyun said that he didn’t want to be like that. HJ said that too many people are suffering already, we should get TJ to pay for his mistakes.

YJ left the hospital. Eun-hyun took the CD to SJ. SJ took the CD to TJ and said that he got his brain map files. TJ says that he doesn’t know what he is talking about. Eun-hee said that she is evidence to catch him. She purposely made him perform surgery on her because she knew he would do something to her. The CD has the files related to what nerve will make a person’s personality change. She then took out a pen that recorded a conversation between Eun-hyun and TJ that says what TJ wants to do with Eun-hee, like make her into a crazy person.

TJ went to Eun-hyun and said I trusted you and not you ruined my life’s work. He said we both did the same thing to patients. Eun-hyun said I’m not a monster and told him to give himself up. TJ said what if I don’t want to, Eun-hyun said that he told him where his mother is so it would cause him to want to give himself up.

TJ went to his car and YW tried to ask where he was going, TJ ignored him and left. (So, sad!! He loves his father so much even after he did so much wrong. I wonder is TJ feels that the son that is not his cares more about him than his actual son. I don’t think so, but I wished he did.) TJ drove to see Hee-Yeon. Hee-Yeon asked him if something happened at the hospital and told him that he should try not to take responsibility for everything because there are things that cannot be controlled. TJ told her to stop waiting for him. She said she will always wait for him because she loves him. TJ said that if had chosen a different path before, whether things would have changed.

TJ drove back and decided to commit suicide by driving into an oncoming truck. Eun-hee went to tell SJ that TJ tried to commit suicide. HJ went into ER and tried to resuscitate him. Then, YW and Eun-hyun came in. After a while, TJ’s heart managed to beat again.

(I knew this would happen. So sad!) YW is in the room with TJ when Eun-hee and SJ came in, he told his mother that TJ is in a brain dead condition.

Sun-woo went to comfort Eun-hyun and said it wasn’t his fault. He told him that TJ is about to die, he should be in the same room as he is.

HJ went to see YW and talked about having TJ’s organs donated to atone for his actions and he should talk it over with Eun-hyun. She told him that Eun-hyun was TJ’s real son. (Hmmm….YW is always the last to know these things.)

Eun-hyun ‘s in TJ’s room saying that he hates him because at the last minute, he still does something like this. If he had treated him as a son, he should be a father to him. YW came in and said he knew that Eun-hyun is his son. At the rooftop, YW mentioned about having TJ’s organs donated. He thinks that TJ would want him to make the decision. Eun-hyun asked him what he would do. YW said he would donate his organs because it can help a lot of people. Eun-hyun said okay.

Eun-hee’s in TJ’s room saying of all the years she has lived with him, she wanted him to suffer and die. But, now that he is like that, she doesn’t feel that way. She said they are both pitiful. She’s like, but you are worse because you don’t have a place you want to stay. She said if we had made a different decision back then, would things have been different? SJ comes in and said that Eun-hyun and YW want to donate his organs. He said they should let him go.

HJ’s dad went to visit HJ and told her to give the dumplings to YW and all the other doctors, including TJ. HJ asked her dad what if TJ had purposely made him blind, would he want to take revenge? He said I only feel thankful for what he did because it gave him a chance to make dumplings for his daughter and spend time with her even if he is blind. He said that every parent would be happy just to be with their children and that is what he feels.

Eun-hyun thanks YW for letting him the decision and YW thanks him for making the decision with him.

SJ told Eun-hyun at the rooftop that because TJ ended up like that, the investigation stopped. He handed the CD back to Eun-hyun and said he would be the best person to deal with it. He said that as neurosurgeons, when we save people, it is like we are Gods, but really we are not. We can only be like them in heart. He said he doesn’t want Eun-hyun to find his answer in brain mapping, but in himself.

YW told HJ that everything that is able to be donated was donated, even his body was used to teach people how to do cut open a body (Oh geez!! He ended up like that!! Doesn’t if feel like in the end, he can’t even be buried in peace?). HJ said that we should be good neurosurgeons together, neurosurgeons who have a strong heart. YW said a human heart and not a tiger’s heart.

Oh..done!! Hopefully it doesn’t get erased again!! When Eun-hyun was throwing that disc, I was thinking that as a doctor, he might have just killed someone on the street with a disc, or at least injured that person.

I really would have wanted something better for TJ than this, but I guess the drama is supposed to say no matter what good the reason is for the decision that was done, the person has to take responsibility for any consequences that come.

I really wished the writer would write a better explanation as to whether HJ and YW ended up with each other rather than that. Ay…I guess they seem like they are!! Ay…not clear enough!!!

kitty99, I noticed that Darksmurfsub has made available a 2nd version of E-subs, using Chinese translations from TSKS.

Really? What episode is it on?

Hmm..this is like my third time doing this. I really don’t know why the internet hates me. I’m not giving up until this is done.

So, Ep. 20

TJ told Eun-hyun that the password is Kang Hee-Yeon.

Just had to do a quick reply: Looks like 3rd time's the charm. And aha! I was telling myself around EP 9 that I wouldn't be surprised if that was the password.

YW told HJ that everything that is able to be donated was donated, even his body was used to teach people how to do cut open a body (Oh geez!! He ended up like that!! Doesn’t if feel like in the end, he can’t even be buried in peace?). HJ said that we should be good neurosurgeons together, neurosurgeons who have a strong heart. YW said a human heart and not a tiger’s heart.

Since I signed a donor card, I don't feel that way? Anyways, TJ still lives on through his various donated organs.

Really? What episode is it on?

Darksmurfsubs has it up to EP 12 with the TSKS I think? But the e-subs aren't fully translated for those episodes yet. Hopefully soon.

Guest ask90

Hey people,

As much as I like the song sang by U-Kiss, anyone know where to download the full ost? T.T....i cant find it anywhere!!

Guest altinneen

I'm still watching Episode 14 but I have to say that Cha Yeo Uk is beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

Why did he have to "thank" Kang Eun Hyun in a very prick like manner after knowingly pushing him out of surgery. If I was scrubbed in already to a surgery I wanted to do and a jr doctor came in and pushed me out I'd be freakin pissed off. If I saw him in the hall he'd have to ignore me. But to arrogantly say "thanks" when I obviously didn't want to give up my spot but had to due to the senior doctors command, is plain prickish. Eun Hyun should have slapped him in that situation, especially with their added back history.

Also Cha Yeo Uk's face but more particularly his bowl/helmet haircut annoy me. His face is not particularly good looking to begin with and that ultra terrible haircut...man it just doesn't work.

On another topic, how is Han Hye Jin so freakin pretty in every thing she does. She has a conversation so prettily. She eats so prettily. She runs so prettily. She does surgery so prettily. She smiles in a way that show's through her surgical mask so prettily. It's unbelievable just how pretty she is. Clearly another level of beauty above the average beautiful K drama star. She's just captivating.

Guest altinneen

Also on Episode 14. Eun Hui is not a nice person herself at ALL. She acts innocent in front of her friends and son but she's a snake.

Kang Eun Hyun who is already estranged from his father was trying to help her but she threatens to harm him if  Cha Tae Jin does anything to her son.

Furthermore she puts Kang Eun Hyun at risk by telling Cha Tae Jin he confessed to her that he was his son when in actuality he denied it.

What a b****.

Also her willingness to let other patients be harmed in order to gather evidence is so far beyond ethical boundaries it's criminal.

Since I signed a donor card, I don't feel that way? Anyways, TJ still lives on through his various donated organs.

Oh I didn't mean it that way. I meant after all the organs were given away, his body was just given to science. It would be nice to have it buried. I would give away my organs too.

TSKS, I think, only has it subbed in chinese up to Ep. 12. I got the rest of the chinese subbed episodes from a different website.

altinneen, hmm...I think he was trying to be nice and not offend him. He was trying to make it seem like he is not just taking over his spot, but making it look like he gave it to him. He could of just ignored him, but wouldn't Eun-hyun think it was rude? Well, in this case, Eun-hyun would prefer him not to say thank you, but YW thinks it's proper to say it that way. Some people out there would like it that he did that. Yes, he is naive, but at least he isn't like any other rich jerks out there. He could of just be arrogant...would that be better?

Sometimes I just think that Eun-hyun is just jealous that YW gets everything easy and even has his dad. What Eun-hyun doesn't see is that TJ doesn't treat him like a father should treat his own son. Yes, he's around, but that's it. He doesn't much care about him, so in a sense, YW is also lacking some fatherly love. YW just thinks that he is busy and leaves it. To him, as long as TJ occasionally talks to him, it's good enough. YW on certain level are getting things easy, like entering neursurgeon department, but there could be other things that no one knows about. HJ thought of him a certain way too when she heard he was rich and that the hospital is technically his in the future, but she also saw other things that made her think otherwise.

Okay, I believe that there are times Eun-hee is quite mean herself. But, I really can't blame her at that point in time because TJ was the one that caused her to have that amnesia thing (I really don't know how to say that word), so she thinks that Eun-hyun maybe helping his dad later or something, so she uses him. I believe that in treating Eun-hyun, she was quite mean at times.

When I watch this series, I can't really get mad at anyone. Yes, some of the people in there gets me mad, but then I look at the circumstances, then I just ignore it and watch the show. I really applaud the writer for knowing how to make me mad at them and sympathize with them at the same time. I was even doing that for TJ when he is supposed to be the most hateful person in the show.

HI guys, since CTJ donated his organs, you mean he died? OMO!

I'm still in episode 16.

Hopefully, I can reach epi 20 soon.

And I agree... this Cha Yeo Uk's hair is like a helmet! Lols... good thing we have Han Hye Jin too look at to balance the view. LOLs.

Oh I didn't mean it that way. I meant after all the organs were given away, his body was just given to science. It would be nice to have it buried. I would give away my organs too.

When I signed the donor card, I had also thought about my body. If it's useful, why not? Otherwise, it will just eventually become fodder for the micro-organisms and scavengers. Of course I told my mom of my decision so she knows. Remember in EP 2 or 3 we saw Eun-hyun opening the cranium of a dead subject? That was likely a body also donated to science.

altinneen, hmm...I think he was trying to be nice and not offend him. He was trying to make it seem like he is not just taking over his spot, but making it look like he gave it to him. He could of just ignored him, but wouldn't Eun-hyun think it was rude?

That's where I think YW is still childish/immature. He might believe he's not offending, but he ends up being offending to the other party. He has yet learned to assess the situation, to consider from the other person's perspective.

Eun-hee shouldn't have thought Eun-hyun to be like his father. Her own father experimented on humans too. Then should she think herself capable of that as well?

I recall how Eun-hyun reacted in EP 1 when TJ complimented him before Eun-hee's surgery. He didn't know how to respond. First, it coming from his father and secondly, TJ a person who likely doesn't compliment many people. Therefore, he wouldn't think much of how TJ is around YW, that being the way TJ is. Because if he had, he would have known what the relationship between Eun-hee and TJ was like and that TJ had a woman on the side.

I'm still wondering when Eun-hyun knew TJ was experimenting on patients. After eavesdropping on Eun-hee and YW outside her office? He worked on a dead body right before he sent off the anonymous letter.

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

Syndrome Episodes 15-20 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

33kygq0.jpg

Syndrome Episodes 15-20 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4019-syndrome-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about

FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Thanks neeras for posting the link for the English subs!!

I find that YW never really gets angry in the show. Hmm.....I think his mother protected him so well that he ends up being naive. I wonder if he just doesn't know what is going on, or he just lets it go as long as there are no conflicts. I don't know, but I find that sometimes a person that is way too nice can be perceived as being naive. In this show, YW seems like a way too nice of a character. The character is written to make it seem like he is always happy go lucky, which catches the attention of someone like Eun-hyun who feels that he should have some conflicts in his life and tells him about TJ's brain mapping and what he did to his mother so that he would know what real pain is. Eun-hyun seemed to be dropping all the bombs to everyone in the show.

The only reason I feel that Eun-hyun could be harbouring some jealousy feelings of how YW gets to have TJ while he doesn't is because after he finds out that YW is not TJ's son, from my point of view, those feelings seem to have disappeared. He seemed to be a bit nicer to YW because, from my point of view, YW is no longer someone that he thinks took his father away from him. At the rooftop at the end, Eun-hyun even says I'm glad we are not brothers which at that point, to me, made them become friends.

Guest iamallanpaolo

Hi everyone, I just wanna ask what is the title of the song being played  on the ending scene of Episode 14. It started with the word 'Baby...' , i think its lyrics are English, This is not Remember by UKISS, I really wanted to download it but i can't find the title.

Guest altinneen

Hi. I'm on Episode 16 but Eun Hee is still weird....there's a scene in the car where she's talking to Sun Woo where he's telling her to get surgery and to tell Sung Joon. She basically says no to all his suggestions but then making a stupid sad face she asks, "what should I do?". Dude, he just told you what to do and you basically told him to shove it. Why is she unwilling to leave the hospital and get surgery because of her son. I don't understand. Sung Joon is there already so what difference does it make if she's there or not? Even if the kid get's fired for making a mistake is that more important than her life? Why is his not inheriting the hospital more important than her life. That doesn't make any sense to me. The priorities of some of these characters are hilariously disordered.

This has been a pattern with her. Not listening to anyone else and making stupid decisions on weird priorities. She took a drug that could cause tumor recurrence just to recognize dude's face. Isn't that selfish? What about her son? What about Sung Joon himself? How much worse for them would it be if she ended up dying just so she could see them? Isn't her presence more important...It's not like she was blind. 

Archived