[THE OFFICIAL] EXO 엑소 THREAD ll #weareoneEXO

AlexandraReid

^

^@PsychedelicAir i actually am not that worried because if you remember

shinee performed lucifer at the same time as hurricane venus promos

fx debuted while shinee was promoting ring ding dong

//and I cant remember exactly but I'm pretty sure suju and shinee promoted at the same time as well at one point

I totally agree with you about SM kind of whoring out KAI though; I love the guy

but something about the blatant use of his sex appeal makes me a bit uneasy ;_;

I wonder how he feels being marketed like this. I guess another thing is that; it just brings up the

popular saying of how SME treats their artists more like products than human beings...and it's a bit sad.

still thankful for all the nice photoshoots though!!!~~ (+ he should be getting a cut from endorsements right? if so. T_T RIGHT ON KIDDO! GO GETTEM)

I have a strange urge to shop at CK now. hm

happy 15 pages guys!

Guest emilykins

if you download the file, the scans are even larger than the ones on the website!!

kai alskchakjsdf these pictures are messing with my headㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ i am glad that he is getting so much exposure, he's definitely easy on the eyes haha but again i wish sm would give some of the other members some more chances to shine..i mean from the beginning kai has been the face of exo. sm why can't you promote them all equally!!!!

also i'm not worried about shinee and exo promoting at the same time.  a lot of sm artists have promoted at the same time and it's worked out fine.  like jisol mentioned, shinee had a comeback at the same time f(x) debuted and they turned out fine!! 

sorry for the double post hehe^^ 

about exo debuting alongside shinee..maybe it just means they will debut at the same time shinee is doing promotions??  i really hope they do a joint stage at some point^^  i think it would be really fun to watch since i love both exo and shinee!!  well exo's debut should be coming up soon, with the showcase at the end of the month and everything..i'm really really excited!  can't wait to listen to their whole album, and i'm anxious to see them on music programs~~^^  EXO fighting!!

@emilykins ..Chanyeol is my bias..so thanks for the photos..even on his pre debut pic he's already a cute guy..

@jisol its good to know that exo already have subbers..that was fast.. exotics are really amazing!!smile.gif

exo k and shinee area really close

look at shinee thanks to

they always mention exo memebers

i look forward to their interactions ,yeah for more pairings haha

*quoted image*

Thanks Eunice for all the updates all these while.

Just thought I would translate the members who got thanked to by the other SM labelmates in their albums. :) Just a quicknote that the OO means its someone else not related to EXO so the Chinese fan KIMKAI didnt translate the names.

SUPER JUNIOR

Sorry Sorry Album

Kyuhyun: To my trainee dongsaengs, JoonMyeon(Suho)

Bonamana Album

Kyuhyun: Charming Future Artist JoonMyeon,....

Mr Simple Album

Kyuhyun: My love Joonmyeon (wow how close are they lol, and you can see they are getting closer and closer by each album. :D)

SHINee

The SHINee World Album

Jonghyun: ..., lanky lanky Jongin(Kai), I-won't-write-your-name Joonmyeon ah...

Key: My Chan!(Chanyeol i guess), Jongin fighting and work hard, handsome fellow Joonmyeon, Let's all work hard together and meet at the top!

Minho: ... Our lovely little dongsaengs(can also mean 'fellows', can tell that he's close to them as well by the tone), Jongin, Sehun, Chanyeol, I can't live without you guys, you don't need me to say this to know right? Thank you Joonmyeon hyung. Please give us support in future as well.

Lucifer Album

Onew: Joonmyeon ah himnae.

Jonghyun: Joonmyeon ah, the world is big and has a lot of strong competitors, haha..

Key: Chanyeol, thank you everybody!

Minho: My lovely Joonmyeon, I really treasure you alot, do you know that? Fighting!

Taemin: Ah! Yes, quickly debut(referring to someone, which is of course EXO). And you know who I'm talking about right? Little fellows..haha (once again, you can tell that they're close if they're using this tone with EXO)

f(X)

Pinocchio Album

Sulli: Minseok oppa who's currently practicing hard (Note: Minseok is actually Xiumin's real Korean name)...Chanyeol oppa.

Krystal: Joonmyeon oppa...

Amber: Joonmyeon oppa, Jongin,Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Yixing, Minseok hyung(she actually used hyung to Xiumin LMAO. She's really close with him if she's using hyung to joke with him)

Please do credit when you take out of this thread or soompi. and of course, this is all thanks to the help of the amazing Chinese EXO fans @ EXO's baidu bar. (Source is from web, picture from Namoo Kkun and translations to Chinese by KIMKAI. Chinese to english is me.)

Wow, SuHo's really popular lol.

And i agree with the SHINee/EXO promotion overlap. SM hasn't done it in awhile but they used to have overlapping promos in the past (Suju Sorry Sorry/SNSD Gee, SNSD Genie/SHINee Juliette, SHINee RDD/f(x) Chu or was it Lachata lol, there's more) Its usually a couple weeks after the first group or when the first group is starting to wrap up promos that they start promoting the 2nd (and I can sort of understand this, I mean SM has a lot of groups and if you give them the average ~2-3 months promo for each one there wouldn't be enough months in a year to promote everyone) and it's also good exposure by having the rookies with the sunbaes. Besides I have a feeling that SHINee's promotion cycle might be a bit short b/c they're going to start their Japan tour in April so EXO's promotion cycle shouldn't be too affected.

Guest PsychedelicAir

@PsychedelicAir i actually am not that worried because if you remember

shinee performed lucifer at the same time as hurricane venus promos

fx debuted while shinee was promoting ring ding dong

//and I cant remember exactly but I'm pretty sure suju and shinee promoted at the same time as well at one point

SHINee was an established group by then

f(x) was a rookie at the time.... but they didn't have this many teasers that stretched out to months like EXO did

Having a SHINee comeback before debutting EXO is an anti-climax to what was building up over this long time - why would SM do that? It's bad enough that the momentum was unpredictable and has failed to pick up after the "History" prologue: Deviating attention away from a rookie group is almost ruining what could potentially be bigger by the time the début date arrives.

Then there is my other issue with SHINee: I adore SHINee, and believe me when I say that I miss them so much but I would have rather had them back promoting for a longer time and with a full album after being away for so long. Ever since watching W-Live, I have wanted to see more EXO-SHINee interactions and hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks but my issue with all that is going on just now is timing.

I totally agree with you about SM kind of whoring out KAI though; I love the guy

but something about the blatant use of his sex appeal makes me a bit uneasy ;_;

I wonder how he feels being marketed like this. I guess another thing is that; it just brings up the

popular saying of how SME treats their artists more like products than human beings...and it's a bit sad.

still thankful for all the nice photoshoots though!!!~~

I'd love to know but I doubt we'd get a fully honest answer... and I don't just mean the photoshoot but the endless teasers and juggling them with his studies. The boy is given too much work... and why is it not spread out to the remaining 11 to at least lessen things for him? I like Kai and his competitive personality but little by little I worry for him. The dance video was the in-your-face moment for me; he looked so exhausted and I admire how he held his pain till the end [such a committed and dedicated individual] When I complain about Kai, I don't complain about the effort and energy that he puts in his work but the amount of work SM gives him.

And i agree with the SHINee/EXO promotion overlap. SM hasn't done it in awhile but they used to have overlapping promos in the past (Suju Sorry Sorry/SNSD Gee, SNSD Genie/SHINee Juliette, SHINee RDD/f(x) Chu or was it Lachata lol, there's more) Its usually a couple weeks after the first group or when the first group is starting to wrap up promos that they start promoting the 2nd (and I can sort of understand this, I mean SM has a lot of groups and if you give them the average ~2-3 months promo for each one there wouldn't be enough months in a year to promote everyone) and it's also good exposure by having the rookies with the sunbaes. Besides I have a feeling that SHINee's promotion cycle might be a bit short b/c they're going to start their Japan tour in April so EXO's promotion cycle shouldn't be too affected.

Looking at SHINee's schedule, the first date of the Japanese Tour is the 25th but what is driving me crazy is the "confirmed"/confirmed news that EXO's press conference.

EXO-K = 31st March

EXO-M = 1st April

= = = =

Fandom names

[RUMOUR] EXO-K fans will be called "longitude" while EXO-M fans will be "latitude"...

(Anyway, the company has no plan for the EXO overall activity, but each to develop new markets)

source: Weibo

credit: EXOphilippines

"I'm more latitude than longitude" - no, it doesn't sound right

I can see where this is coming from and it does have more meaning than Exotic but out of curiosity what would you guys rather have as the name of EXO's fandom?

EDIT:

BTS: High Cut Photoshoot

Guest lolly88

Thanks Eunice for all the updates all these while.

i love you for translating it , :wub:

am very bad in Chinese translations so i am so glad someone could translate it and shared it with the fans

I kNOw by Now everyone has seen the BTS of high cut magazine but

these are the little things fans gif and i thought i share it

I got to hand it to chinese fans who spot this

sehun ...why are you biting

2e4hs2f.gif

Baekhyun...

looks like a little thug ,yet so cute :P

dy1251.jpg

121r136.jpg

suho,joonmyun

he's gonna gain lots of fans now ..due to this

2rr2cjl.jpg

28ku1xi.jpg

2rhmyh1.jpg

wv24n9.jpg

34ffeh1.jpg

2v97mv6.jpg

Guest singerchick

KRIS is soooo frikin beautiful, I would feel, even as a girl, confidence issues standing next to him. lol

I think EXO-K, judging from their rehearsal, video is the better dancing group. I tend to prefer more powerful dancers, so that's prob why.

They gained so much momentum from all the trailers and the release of "History," they should really take advantage of this momentum and release something new. Maybe I'm being greedy. heehee.

Sehun reminded me of someone, but I could never put my hands on it, and it's finally hit me (no pun intended), doesn't he bear a resemblance to HIT-5's Yang Fan?

Or is it just me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NJBh4vQk9o

Yang Fan Shows up @ :33 and again at 1:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CApqvMj6L-M

Yang Fan shows up at @ :41

Guest m3lissA

Hello everyone!!! :D

It's been a long time since I last opened my soompi account, and this is my first time posting in EXO thread. I really really love this group. Actually, I started following them since Teaser 1. Haha! :D What a looooooooooong wait, but finally!!! I feel that their time is near! I can sense it. <3 Jaewon Shim gave us an update of EXO's shooting... which only means one thing. Maybe the just finished shooting their debut MV! It can't be another prologue, I'm sure of it. Also, I've read somewhere about the rumor that they'll officially debut during Shinee's first promotion cycle which I think is a really good idea. They can get a lot of support from their sunbaes, to give them more courage~ Kekeke! ^^~

Mmmm.. This is the first time that I can't choose a bias from a group! OMGOMG LOOOL <3 Anyway, thank you everyone for posting those sexily gorgeous pics! *droooooooooools* Since, classes just ended for the semester... I'm free to spazz whenever I want to!

This is all. Hahahaha! I'll be patiently waiting for EXO's explosive debut!!! *smellsrookieoftheyearaward* Hoping for the best... EXO fighting! :) :) :)

*pops out*

SHINee was an established group by then

f(x) was a rookie at the time.... but they didn't have this many teasers that stretched out to months like EXO did

Having a SHINee comeback before debutting EXO is an anti-climax to what was building up over this long time - why would SM do that? It's bad enough that the momentum was unpredictable and has failed to pick up after the "History" prologue: Deviating attention away from a rookie group is almost ruining what could potentially be bigger by the time the début date arrives.

Then there is my other issue with SHINee: I adore SHINee, and believe me when I say that I miss them so much but I would have rather had them back promoting for a longer time and with a full album after being away for so long. Ever since watching W-Live, I have wanted to see more EXO-SHINee interactions and hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks but my issue with all that is going on just now is timing.

I don't think it's deviation. Promoting a rookie group with a sunbae group is a common tactic entertainment companies use in order to raise awareness for the rookie group. EXO is fairly hyped and anticipated as it is, but keep in mind that they're still a rookie group, one that still hasn't debuted at that. There are a lot of people who know of them, but there are a lot more people who DON'T know about them, so more exposure for the group will cause them no harm. SHINee is an established group already. Say there is a news article regarding EXO alone; compare that with an article with SHINee's name and EXO's name in it. Which would generate more views? Having SHINee with them at the same time could further expose EXO to new fans and people who don't know about them yet, but could come across them due to references and connections to their already established sunbae group. (This is why SM had EXO do a photoshoot with their sunbaes before they even debuted. Event with sunbaes = free exposure)

As for the teasers, SM was experimenting with the concept, but when push comes to shove, I don't think the process of debuting will be any different from what they've done before. I blame the lack of momentum on the numerous teasers that lack diversity; SM basically threw out 20+ teasers of the same thing. At first it's good and it catches your attention (wow, that guy can dance!) but think of the next teaser (he can dance!) and the next (he can...dance) and the next (okay, we get it. they're good at dancing) and so on and so forth. I feel like SM failed to utilize all the teasers in an effective way, and it kind of takes away the hype for the group. I think using each teaser to showcase a little bit of each member's talent would've been a better use of the teasers than what SM did.

Looking at SHINee's schedule, the first date of the Japanese Tour is the 25th but what is driving me crazy is the "confirmed"/confirmed news that EXO's press conference.

EXO-K = 31st March

EXO-M = 1st April

If EXO's press conference is really the 31st, then I would say all is going to plan. SHINee will be coming back this week so a one week lag time is fairly normal since the hype around their comeback would've died a bit by then (add to the fact that SHINee will probably have a short promo cycle so like i said before, less overlapping between the two groups.) EXO is a new group so I don't think SM really expects them to win anything at the music shows (yet), and if SHINee wins it'll stay in the family so it won't affect them very much.

^ I love your analysis of SM's strategy with the teasers, it totally makes sense now that you explained it. In a way, I see why they didn't decide to showcase every member's talent, they kind of used that strategy with SNSD's debut (of course, you can tell MUCH less production value was placed on their teasers) and it didn't actually generate that much interest (I don't think snsd really exploded with popularity until early 2009).

With what SM is doing now, people who are interested are kind of, say baited by the fact that we still don't know a lot about the other members so therefore we keep coming back to EXO in hopes SM is actually releasing something about them, haha. // reverse psychology in play? I think one thing everyone can pretty much agree with is that we're waiting for their debut.

@singerchick I've heard he looks like danson tang and wuzun as well :) (he would have been a pretty good candidate for exo-m actually SEHAN would have actually happened if he was ;_;)

group pic

aWcwO.jpg

source: galaexo

does anyone know where I can find a large version? the links I clicked into were broken

hello EXOtics~

i'm a cassie but it seems like exo's gonna be the new dbsk

kind of in the same way dbsk was the new h.o.t.

but there's 6! like shinhwa. so hopefully.. in the future they will be as close knit QQ

my only wish for exo is that they don't turn into SuJu..... :T

so i'm excited. i've also read a few of the posts and i think the way they're sexualizing kai is not particularly unlike SME haha

it feels less dirty than the way taemin was presented in replay...

SO YEAH MY FAVORITE IS THE SHORTY D.O. WOOOOOOOOO SO SHORT

nice to meet all of you~

Guest babyblueangel

1f60e94a83fb89aa0c00377.jpg

cr: as tagged

EXO to hold showcases in Korea & China, announces April debut

445892731.jpg

SM Entertainment’s fresh new faces EXO will hold showcases in both Korea and China. Fans are quite anxious in anticipation as the group has released many teasers but have yet to debut. The agency officially announced the event via their official website and through SNS portals.

The event, set for March 31st in Korea and April 1st for China, will also commemorate the 100-day anniversary since their first video teaser on December 23rd, 2011. Not only will this showcase be EXO’s first live stage, it will also be the first step in their foray for their long-awaited debut. It was officially announced that they will be releasing their debut album in April.

Meanwhile, the two showcase events will be held on March 31st at Seoul Olympic Stadium and on April 1st at Beijing’s iconic National Centre for the Performing Arts. All 12 members of EXO-K and EXO-M will be present at each showcase.

20120323exoshowcase600x.jpg

cr: allkpop

All 12 together!! How exciting

:D

Eunice: You're very much welcome. :)

anyway heard that Kyuhyun and Yesung would be featured in EXO's teaser, hopefully its the debut teaser. Let's see what's SM planning in the following days.

Kyuhyun and his love..Suho. /fangirls

Guest Hee_Young2404

hello EXOtics~

i'm a cassie but it seems like exo's gonna be the new dbsk

kind of in the same way dbsk was the new h.o.t.

but there's 6! like shinhwa. so hopefully.. in the future they will be as close knit QQ

my only wish for exo is that they don't turn into SuJu..... :T

so i'm excited. i've also read a few of the posts and i think the way they're sexualizing kai is not particularly unlike SME haha

it feels less dirty than the way taemin was presented in replay...

SO YEAH MY FAVORITE IS THE SHORTY D.O. WOOOOOOOOO SO SHORT

nice to meet all of you~

Hi:D

I love dbsk, but I didn't get what you meant by saying you wish for exo don't turn into suju

really confuse there.