Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

Guest BluOltremare

Lee Jung-jae is one of my favorite actors.

I have wonderful memories of his interpretation in Air City. :)

Source: javabeans

Lee and Park shoot ‘em up

September 24th, 2008 // by javabeans

gun_ljj_psy.jpg

Actors Lee Jung-jae (Typhoon) and Park Shi-yeon (La Dolce Vita) and director Kwak Kyung-taek (Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth) visited the NIS (National Intelligence Service) Security Pavilion in Seoul on the 24th as honorary agents.

Their visit comes before the remodeling of the NIS Pavilion begins on October 1. In the nine years of its operation, nearly 160,000 security agents have been trained there. After touring the grounds, the three made their way to the shooting range to try out their skills with real rounds and real revolvers.

Lee Jung-jae, who played an NIS agent in the action drama Air City, shot five rounds out of a real revolver (all five shots hit the bull’s-eye of his target — guess all that movie training came in handy!), while Park Shi-yeon did almost as well with three of five bull’s-eyes.

gun_ljj.jpg

nis5.jpg

Park: “Through this visit, I’ve learned that the NIS is much more than a defense operation, but also handles intelligence and security threats like industrial espionage and cyber hacking.”

Lee explained that despite playing an agent, the real-life agency feels like a distant thing for most Korean citizens: “It’s not very approachable for everyday citizens. But with this visit to the NIS, I feel much more familiarity with the agency.”

nis1.jpg

nis7.jpg

nis3.jpg

nis4.jpg

nis6.jpg

nis2.jpg

nis8.jpg

Via No Cut News

Guest kierelun

Air City is such a cliffhanger, why cant it end with them together, poor CJW who was left behind heartbroken afterall the other woman is his ex so why change his mind at the last minute. But I really love Lee Jung Jae's solid acting, he is so natural yet serious. Hope to see him in another action packed drama.

• 3 weeks later...

Making a splash with Disturbance in Her Barroom

November 5th, 2008 // by javabeans

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Lee Jung-jae in a comic role — much of his recent stuff (Typhoon, Air City) has him playing strong, in-command characters — so it’s welcome to see him embracing his goofball side in Disturbance in Her Barroom.

The cast gathered on November 6 for the production press conference, with stars Lee Jung-jae and Kim Ok-bin at the focus of the event.

The movie is a comic action fusion sageuk, and Lee’s character is described as a Joseon-era fighter — a goofy hero who goes up against the rich and powerful. It sounds a bit like a larger-scale Hong Gil Dong, except more farcical and with higher production values.

more here:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/11/making-a...in-her-barroom/

November 14, 2008

Celebrity Stand Collapses at Audi Launch

The launch ceremony of the new Audi A4, held on Thursday afternoon at the Olympic Hall in Seoul, was marred by the collapse of VIP stands near the stage, leaving a number of celebrities, including top actress Kim Hye-soo, injured. According to witnesses, the VIP seating stand collapsed at 8:10 p.m. when crowds swarmed towards the new Audi car as it appeared center stage.

Celebrities, including actresses Kim Hye-soo and Choi Kang-hee, and actors Jung Woo-sung, Lee Jung-jae and Ryu Seung-bum, were sitting in the VIP area. Some escaped the site unharmed, but others sustained minor bruising.

An Audi official said, “We are aware that one of the guests was injured, but none of the celebrities needed hospital treatment as far as we know.” A fireman said, “Two or three celebrities sustained light injuries, like scrapes.” One witness said, “The VIP seats looked like they were made of wood, but I think the stand collapsed under the pressure of the stampede.”

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com, thanks to melusine for the highlight

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0811140015.html

200301679.jpg

VOD clip from news.empas.com

200301668.jpg

VOD clip from news.empas.com

Guest Bradamante

Source: javabeans

Press conference No. 2 for Disturbance in Her Barroom

November 18th, 2008 // by javabeans

barroompress2.jpg

*drool*

I’d already posted about the upcoming comic sageuk film Disturbance in Her Barroom (check that post out for video, stills, and the first production press conference), but there were so many lovely pictures of star Lee Jung-jae at the press gathering on the 18th that I had to share.

(Oh right, and his castmates were also there: Kim Ok-bin (Over the Rainbow), Kim Seok-hoon (Blissful Woman), and Lee Won-jong (Dasepo Naughty Girls).)

The movie title literally translates to “Gibang Riot in 1724” [1724 기방난동사건'], a gibang being a gisaeng house; Kim Ok-bin plays a top gisaeng (recently graduated from gisaeng school at the top of her class) with whom Lee’s character falls in love at first sight. Lee gets into trouble constantly, always getting caught up in fights and leader of his own group of thugs.

Lee Jung-jae explained why he was drawn to this project, saying that he found it less interesting to keep playing his previous characters, and wanted to give a shot at playing a wild ‘n loose type.

The film opens December 4.

barroompress1.jpg

barroompress3.jpg

barroompress5.jpg

barroompress4.jpg

barroompress7.jpg

barroompress8.jpg

barroompress19.jpg

barroompress10.jpg

barroompress20.jpg

barroompress21.jpg

Via Sports Chosun