Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

What's his yedang official site address? I wanna see it too!

If there's air city2 I hope he will be in it! :)

I love LJJ but even he cannot save 'AirCity'..... but i don't mind him being in 'AirCity 2' as long as it's not with Ji Woo! I saw him being interviewed for 'Entertaiment Weekly' on KBS World and damn he looked cute, even with his curly hair and he was so funny too teasing the interviewer and having a very good rapport with the other actors ( though Kim Ok Bin didn't say much). He seems to have a very good sense of humour and that made him even more attractive so even though 'AirCity' sucks, it was somewhat watchable as he was in it....

It's been long since I've came into this thread..

I remembered I was so crazy about LJJ after Air City..

I'm glad he's coming out with a movie soon.. he fares pretty well in movies.. cos I've seen most of his movies, most of them were impressive..

Guest kdramafanusa

* HIGHEST PAID MOVIE STARS *

RANK / STARS / FEE PER FILM (Won)

1. Song Kang-ho, Seol Kyeong-gu -- 500-550 million

2. Lee Byeong-heon, Jang Dong-gun, Bae Yong-joon, Jeong woo-seong -- 500 million

3. Cha Seung-won, Jeong Jun-ho, Hwang Jeong-min, Lee Jeong-jae -- 400-500 million

4. Kwon Sang-woo, Song Seung-heon, Jo Seung-woo, Baek Yoon-shik, Jeong Jae-yeong -- 400+ million

5. Lee Young-ae, Kim Hye-soo, Jeon Do-yeon, Jang Jin-young, Jeon Ji-hyeon, Ha Ji-won -- 400 million

6. Park Hae-il, Shin Ha-gyoon, Jo In-seong, Kim Jeong-eun, Choi Ji-woo, Song Hye-kyo -- 350-400 million

7. Lee Seong-jae, Lee Na-young, Lim Soo-jung -- 300-350 million

highestpaidmoviestars.jpg

Source: ISplus

---

* HIGHEST PAID TV STARS *

RANK / STAR / FEE PER EPISODE (Won)

1. Bae Yong-joon [Legend] - 200 million (overseas earnings rights included)

2. Kwon Sang-woo [bad Love] - 100 million

3. Song Seung-heon [East Of Eden] - 70 million

4. Park Shin-yang [War Of Money] - 50 million

5. Lee Jeong-jae [Air City] - 45 million

6. Choi Ji-woo [Air City] - 40 million

7. Ko Hyeon-jeong [H.I.T.] - 35 million

highestpaidtvstars.jpg

Source: ISplus

Son Ye-jin [Alone In Love] - 50 million

Yoon Eun-hye [The First Shop Of Coffee Prince] - 20 million

1/6/06 – The representative of Son Yeh Jin’s agency “Barunson Entertainment (바른손엔터테인먼트)” reveals that SYJ will be paid 50 million Won per episode (basic guarantee + extra) to lead the 16-episodes drama “Period of Love (연애시대)” scheduled to be aired by SBS in March of 2006. This is the highest reward ever offered to an entertainer performing in TV drama. So far, Kim Hyun Joo was offered 20 million Won per episode to lead the drama “Miss Kim’s One Million Dollar Project”; Kim Hee Sun and Kwon Sang Woo also received 20 million Won per episode to lead “Sad Sonata”; Go Hyun Jung was paid 18 million Won per episode to lead “Spring Day”; Song Hye Gyo and Lee Yo Won were each paid 15 million Won per episode to lead “Full House” and “Fashion 70’s” respectively.

coming200601061624050.jpg

Source: http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2006...16240558390.htm

Yoon Eun-Hye

The 23-year old actress followed it up with “The Vineyard Man,” and most recently, “Coffee Prince.” She is reportedly one of the highest paid actresses in television, commanding 20 million won per episode.

Source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../201_11884.html

Guest dewyjube

hello everyone!

i recently watched Air City and i must admit that i didn't think much of this drama when i first started because i was just looking for another drama to start watching after my exams.

but my oh my, after watching the first episode of AC i was hooked onto the sexy LJJ. i love how gorgeous he looks in those spiffy suits. :P

i also feel that he's really different from all the younger actors.. perhaps his 'packaging' is really one of a kind? :)

oh and i've also gone on a downloading spree just to try and get all his movies and dramas from clubbox..i always wanted to know how to use clubbox but i didn't try it out cos there were other ways for me to download dramas but not for LJJ's movies since some of them are rather old.

by the way nice to meet all of you here! and i hope this thread will become livelier~ :D

oh and does anyone know where i can download LJJ's movies - The Young Man, Albatross, Fire Bird, Park vs Park and Asako in Ruby Shoes? i can't seem to find them... :(

OMG I almost forgot his birthday is tomorrow! (US time) haha..

thanks rubie babe~ muah~ you're always on top of things <3

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lee Jung Jae oppa! :wub:

Wish you all the happiest the world can offer!

(A sort of) compilation translated at hancinema.net, no specific date given. Refer the link(s) provided if interested to view all the pics of the 'couples'.

Star Couples that Met Through Dramas

Stars In Love: Star couples rumored to be together

Ji Seong ♥ Lee Bo-yeong

Lee Seo-jin ♥ Kim Jeong-eun

Lee Dong-wook ♥ Lee Da-hae

Yoo Ji-tae ♥ Kim Hyo-jin

Ha Dong-hoon ♥ Ahn Hye-kyeong

Kim Joo-seok ♥ Kim Ji-soo

Ryoo Seung-beom ♥ Kong Hyo-jin

So Ji-sub ♥ Kim Hyeon-joo

We're Married: Star couples who have even married

Yeon Jeong-hoon ♥ Han Ga-in

Kim Ho-jin ♥ Kim Ji-ho

Kim Seung-woo ♥ Kim Nam-joo

Lee Se-chang ♥ Kim Ji-yeon

Jeon No-min ♥ Kim Bo-min

Yoo Joon-sang ♥ Hong Eun-hee

Although broken up, star couples that hopefully get back together

Lee Byeong-Heon ♥ Song Hye-kyo

Lee Dong-heon ♥ Han Ji-hye

Jo Seung-woo ♥ Kang Hye-jeong

Lee Jeong-jae ♥ Kim Min-hee starcouple_37.jpg

Sin Ha-gyoon ♥ Bae Doona

Eric Moon ♥ Park Si-yeon

Our fantasies: Desiring to date?! Best couples in dramas!

Song Chang-ee ♥ Lee Yeong-ah

Lee Tae-gon ♥ Yoon Jeong-hee

Kim Rae-won ♥ Kim Tae-hee

Stars In Love: Star couples rumored to be together We're Married: Star couples who have even married Although broken up, star couples that hopefully get back together Our fantasies: Desiring to date?! Best couples in dramas!

Original source at cuve.daum.net

Translated & posted at www.hancinema.net

^ aWw.. no wonder they were sitting together at the 'Humming' VIP premiere. :D Hope it's a modern-day romance + drama story-type of movie. :blush: Don't mind if it's a tearjerker.. like 'The Last Present'. :wub:

Although JRW played most of the second-fiddle characters.. that I've seen her work in (so far).. I think she has this charming appeal to her appearance. Can't explain it but with LJJ, they'll be awesome! :rolleyes:

Thanks kdramafanusa, this is a wonderful update. Mwah!

Btw.. what's the (tentative) title in English?

I think the title is "Melrose", it's a melodrama.

Yesss!.. a melodrama. That's awesome.. and 'Melrose' sounds romantic. :wub:

After the period+action comedy flick with Kim Ok Bin, LJJ is back in a melodrama.

I can't wait! :blush: Hehee..

thanks for sharing the news Kdramafanusa....was wondering as well when LJJ was seen with Jung Ryeo-won...they will have a movie together...Ryeo-won has improved a lot since her role in My name is Kim Sam-soon...looking forward to this movie ^ ^

Guest shearerc

LJJ is a classy and refined actor.....I first saw him in Il Mare.

due to time constraints I haven't had the opportunity to check out his other works.

March 27, 2008

Dining With The Stars

A Taste of Celebrity-Owned Restaurants in Seoul

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia, Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporters

080327_p9_main.jpg

Hallyu star Bae Yong-joon owns "Gorilla in the Kitchen" a restaurant near Dosan Park.

The restaurant serves healthy, tasty dishes such as this mushroom salad with maple syrup dressing.

/ Courtesy of Gorilla in the Kitchen

In celebrity-crazed Korea, stars can hawk everything from ramyeon to cell phones to vitamin drinks. So it is no wonder that some celebrities have started their own businesses such as clothing brands and restaurants, using "star power" for their own benefit.

Hallyu superstar Bae Yong-joon, K-pop group Shinhwa, singer Kim Jong-min and actors Lee Jung-jae and Hong Suk-chun are some of the celebrities who have entered the restaurant business.

Some of these stars generate hype for their restaurants by placing their names and photos prominently inside the restaurant. Others play down the star factor and concentrate on the quality of the food and service.

The Korea Times takes a look at some of the celebrity-owned restaurants.

Actors Turned Restaurateurs

If you are a big fan of Bae Yong-joon (star of "Winter Sonata" and recent hit epic drama, "Taewangsasingi" (The Four Guardian Gods of the Kings), try visiting his restaurant "Gorilla in the Kitchen" near Dosan Park.

"Gorilla in the Kitchen" is all about healthy food. But don't let this scare you because all the food served is not only healthy but also full of taste, color and aroma.

One interesting feature of the place is the menu. Unlike plain menus that show the name of the dish and the price, "Gorilla in the Kitchen" lists the ingredients, the calories and even the nutritional contents of the dish. They also offer two size choices of the same meal: human and gorilla. The gorilla contains a little more of everything, so those who up for a big meal might as well choose the gorilla.

"Gorilla in the Kitchen" does not use butter and cream in their recipes, and also does not have any deep fried recipes. Most of the dishes are seasoned with various herbs and each offer a distinctive taste.

Another interesting service is their expert teams that help visitors choose the right food. There is the Chef Team who take care of the taste and styling of the menu, the Nutrition Team who look after the nutritional balance, and a Trainer Team that offers tips on how to keep your body healthy with the right exercise.

The restaurant is right across from the entrance to Dosan Park. Opening hours are 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. For more information visit www.gorillakitchen.co.kr (English and Korean) or call (02) 3442-1688.

080327_p9_1.jpg

Actor Lee Jung-jae also owns a restaurant, but it is a franchise of the popular Italian chain Il Mare. It's located in the Daehangno area.

Movie buffs might remember Lee starred in the Korean film "Il Mare" (Siworae) with Jun Ji-hyun, which was turned into a Hollywood film "The Lake House." To find Lee's Il Mare restaurant, go to Hyehwa Station Line 4, Exit 1 and you'll find Il Mare located behind McDonald's. Call (02) 744-8697.

K-pop & Food

Korean pop group Shinhwa endorsed the fried chicken chain Kyochon a few years ago, and ended up opening a Kyochon chicken franchise restaurant in Rodeo Street in Apgujeong, southern Seoul.

080327_p9_2.jpg

The restaurant is quite small, and decorated with autographed posters of Shinhwa members and even their framed handprints on the walls.

There is not much variety on the menu, which includes the Kyochon original chicken (8,000 won for small, 15,000 won for big servings), French fries, salad and cheese sticks. There is even "Shinhwa chicken," which is a very spicy version of the original Kyochon chicken.

Because of Shinhwa's popularity around Asia, it is no surprise there are always some foreign fans dining at the restaurant.

Angel Mahinay, a 23-year old fan from the Philippines, said that she already knew about Kyochon chicken from watching the Shinhwa commercials on the Internet.

While visiting Seoul last week, Mahinay and her friend checked out the Shinhwa restaurant to try the chicken. "I saw the Kyochon chicken commercial and I really wanted to eat the yummy chicken. Now that I have tried it, I can say the chicken is really as good as it looked on the commercial," she said.

To get there, leave exit 2 of Apgujeong station, Line 3 and walk towards the direction of the Galleria Department Store. After around 700 meters, turn right at the Hana Bank, walk a few meters and you'll find the Shinhwa Kyochon Chicken restaurant on your right.

Even K-pop music industry giant SM Entertainment is getting into the restaurant business. SM, whose acts include TVXQ, BoA and Super Junior, will open "EverySing" a restaurant with karaoke on Apgujeong's Rodeo Street.

The karaoke will include songs by SM artists, using the actual music. "EverySing" is expected to be popular among young K-pop fans. SM Entertainment is also planning on opening more branches in Korea, as well as Southeast Asia and Japan.

080327_p9_3.jpg

Kim Jong-min, a member of dance group "Koyote," also has a restaurant near Nonhyeon-dong called "Eori Beori." The name literally means silly, and is known to be Kim's nickname among friends.

The main menu is "gob-chang," or small intestines of cattle. They normally come with the restaurant's specialty sauce, which is quite spicy, but if you don't want the spicy flavor, ask the servers to skip the sauce. The intestines are cut into small bite-pieces and are broiled over a charcoal fire, which gives them a smoky taste. The dishes cost from 18,000 won to 20,000 won.

To get there, leave exit 2 of Nonhyeon station, Line 7 and walk straight until you see H Pharmacy. Turn left and walk straight again until you find it on your right. Opening hours are 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. For more information call 1577-0292 (Korean).

Hong's Restaurants

Actor Hong Suk-chun already has three restaurants in Itaewon, namely Our Place, My China and My Thai. All of the restaurants are within walking distance of the Hamilton Hotel.

080327_p9_4.jpg

There is little indication these restaurants are owned by Hong, except for some portraits of himself on one side of the wall at My Thai. Hong has appeared in several films and TV shows, but may be best known among Koreans as the first celebrity to publicly admit he was a homosexual.

My Thai, as the name suggests, offers Thai cuisine. The menu is fairly simple, with the usual Tom Yum Goong soup, Thai curry and rice dishes. There are not a lot of appetizers, except for the vegetable spring rolls served with the typical sweet and spicy Thai sauce.

The Pad Thai noodles (12,000 won) are served covered in a thin egg omelet, and small scoops of chili powder and crushed peanuts for additional flavor. The Khao Pad Gai (8,000 won) is fried rice with pieces of chicken breast, served with a chili-laden fish sauce and cucumber slices. A Thai dessert called Rummitnumkati, tapioca pudding in coconut milk, is a sweet way to end a spicy meal.

Overall, My Thai offers simple and good Thai-style food, but if you're looking for authentic Thai food, you should look elsewhere. To go to My Thai, go to Itaewon station Line 6, exit 2 and turn left at the first corner. My Thai is located on the left side. For more information call (02) 794-8090.

Hong's first restaurant is Our Place, a New York fusion restaurant and a sky garden bar where you can enjoy a different view of Itaewon's busy streets. Our Place offers pasta, steak, salad and seafood dishes.

To reach Our Place, go to Itaewon Station Line 6, Exit 3 and go to the building at the corner on the right. The restaurant is on the 6th and 7th floor.

Credits: cathy@koreatimes.co.kr, sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../135_21461.html