Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest fallen*angel*

umm~~hahaha, wow thats a tricky one to ask, coz its hard to think of some off the top of my head, lol

Some of those translations i did for Sweetbaby are very very nice :)

umm

"너는 사랑받기위해 태어난 사람이야...그러니까 내가 많이 사랑해줄께" (You were someone born to be loved...so I'll give you lots of my love) hahahah, kinda corny a tiny bit, coz im making these up :lol:

pronounced "Noh-Neun sarang-butgi-Weeheh Teh-Oh-Nun Sarum-Ee-Yah...Geu-Roh-Ni-Gga Neh-Ga-Money-Sarang-Heh-Joule-Ggeh"

Umm

"나는 널 영원히 사랑할꺼야" (I'm gonna love you forever) "Nah-Neun Nol Yong-won-Hi Sarang-Hal-Ggo-Yah"

"너는 나에게 세상에서 제일 아름다운 사람이야" (You are the most beautiful person in the world to me) "Noh-Neun Nah-Eh-Geh Seh-Sung-Eh-Soh Je-Il Ah-Reum-Dah-Oon Saram-Ee-Yah"

Hahah, this is all i can think of atm....perhaps some other people can list some more...this is hard for me, coz i dont say much of these lovey dovey things in korean...xD

http://langintro.com/kintro/first.htm

Yeah, you mean like a Korean Alphabet thing, right? Hmm, i'll see if i can find one online...

http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/korean_hangul_unicode.html <-- try this link

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/korean.htm

http://langintro.com/kintro/alphord.htm

If you have the Korean IME installed with your Windows, there might be a hotkey which u press to switch between typing Korean and English. For me, it switches when i press Right-Alt or Left-Alt+Shift..

Goto:

Control Panel --> Regional and Language options --> Languages (the middle tab on top) --> Details (Make sure Korean IME 2002 is default) --> Key Settings (see which key is used to change between Input Languages)

hope it helps

Sweet _rain, thank you so much. That's so awasome. You can be a novelist now heyhey:)

Kamsamida.... and love you <3333

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any website or program that can pronounce the korean you type in? I want to hear 되 + 될 pronounced the CORRECT way [because 외/왜/웨 all have different sounds], I'm anal about this kind of stuff. I know most koreans say them all like 왜 but I want to say it correctly. It'd be really helpful to me!

Guest sweet_rain

Is there any website or program that can pronounce the korean you type in? I want to hear 되 + 될 pronounced the CORRECT way [because 외/왜/웨 all have different sounds], I'm anal about this kind of stuff. I know most koreans say them all like 왜 but I want to say it correctly. It'd be really helpful to me!

^thats a very good question..but i wouldnt have a clue where to find such programs...i guess u gotta search the net, lol.

But Korean is a language that is easy to speak in, coz the characters are 100% logically based on sound and phonetics (unlike English, which has heaps of sounds that are not logical such as "tough"...unlike Chinese, which has characters based on meaning rather than sound).

But out of the ones u mentioned:

되 = Dweh or Deh (when sed fast)

될 = Del

뒤=Dwi

왜 and 외 sound the same= Weh

위, 웨 = Weeh

^

Thanks sweetrain, but romanizing just screws everything up. So I'm a bit confused!

위 and 웨 are same? I pronounce 웨 like 왜 but at the back of the tongue like I do with 에 (after ALOT of practice and hardwork, I can now smoothly pronounce 에 and 애 correctly =D) 될 is just said like 델?

Thanks again.

While I wait for that, can I get another translation? =D

"Those are bolds words coming from someone who betrayed his family. Why would you care?"

Guest sweet_rain

^ 위 and 웨 do NOT sound the same. 위 sounds like wee, as in the E soun and 웨 is weh, as in the EH sound.

-liyang

^you're probably right, lol. I wasnt sure about what "웨" would sound like, coz its not commonly used xD

While I wait for that, can I get another translation? =D

"Those are bolds words coming from someone who betrayed his family. Why would you care?"

informal/confronting:

"가족을 배신한 사람인 주제에 말하나 겁없이 하네. 당신이 뭔데 걱정이야?"

될 is just said like 델?

When 될 is read slowly, it would kinda sound like "dwehl"..but normally Koreans say it fast that it pretty much sounds more like "dehl"(델). So it doesnt really matter which way u pronounce it - its such a commonly used word that people will understand u either way.

(after ALOT of practice and hardwork, I can now smoothly pronounce 에 and 애 correctly =D)

Hmm, i thought 에, 애 sounded the same (sounds like Eh)

its 얘 and 예 that sound like "Yeh"

Guest mikasaranghae

sweet_rain or someone... please help to write this in hangul, korean characters, thank you.

"sweety, you're my cutest and most precious angel. i am honoured to know you and feel so blessed to have you in my life. i wanna take care of you and love you forever. i pray that you and i will be "as one" until we close our eyes for the last time. i love you with all the beats of my heart. i am yours, always and forever. i'll wait for your love until the end of my life. baby, please never forget i love you"

i know it's a lot but please help me.

thank you to the sky for the kind soul who will help me with this complex message.

kamsahapnida.

Guest LAgirl_213

what the heck it uljang?

짱 (jjang): Korean slang that means "best." Ulzzang means "best face" in Korean and it's used both online and in real life.

The ulzzang craze, although currently dying, started in South Korea. Many ulzzang wannabes post up their pictures on various websites, and voting and chatting can be done on many of them. Competitions are often used to pick the best ulzzangs. Some ulzzangs, however, have not relied solely on the internet. For example, some have gained popularity at school for being attractive. Most ulzzangs, however, use the internet to share their photos.

Many ulzzangs use Haduri, which is a web camera program popular among teens in Korea. People also take normal or digicam pictures. Some even use Photoshop to edit themselves. Fakers don't make it far, and they usually get busted.

The most famous ulzzangs may earn celebrity status. Some ulzzangs may even become real celebrities by going into acting, singing, or modeling careers. Two examples of former ulzzangs are Goo Hye Sun and Park Han Byul.

The two most known zzang categories:

Ulzzang/얼짱: Based on the face. 얼굴 (ŏlgul) means "face" in Korean.

Momzzang/몸짱: Based on the body. 몸 (mom) means "body" in Korean.

"Ulzzang" with "zz" is the most common way it's written out in English on ulzzang websites. Variations on romanization include eoljjang, uhljjang, uljjang, and so on.

Guest sweet_rain

sweet_rain or someone... please help to write this in hangul, korean characters, thank you.

"sweety, you're my cutest and most precious angel. i am honoured to know you and feel so blessed to have you in my life. i wanna take care of you and love you forever. i pray that you and i will be "as one" until we close our eyes for the last time. i love you with all the beats of my heart. i am yours, always and forever. i'll wait for your love until the end of my life. baby, please never forget i love you"

i know it's a lot but please help me.

thank you to the sky for the kind soul who will help me with this complex message.

kamsahapnida.

ummm, i shall try my best ;)

"나에게 제일 귀업고 가장 소중한 천사가 바로 사랑스러운 자기야. 당신을 만난 것은 나에게 큰 명예를 주었고, 당신이 내 삶에 있다는 것이 참으로 영광이라고 생각해. 나는 너를 평생 사랑하고 같이 지내며 보살펴주고 싶어. 우리가 눈을 마지막으로 닫는 날까지 서로 "하나"로 지낼수있기를 기도하고 있어. 나의 심장의 모든 박동들이 당신을 사랑한다고 외치고있어. 나의 마음은 영원히 당신에게 있을꺼야. 나는 너를 위해 내 삶이 끝날때까지 기다려줄수 있어. 자기야..내가 자기를 끈임 없이 사랑한다는것을 언제나 기억해주기를 부탁해."

Hahah...that was a hard one, coz some of those expressions dont really translate directly into Korean and I had to compensate for that by changing it a tiny tiny bit (as is normal for all kinds of translations)

Beautiful words :wub: I reassure you, that the only changes i had to make are mainly grammatical so that it flows much better in Korean :) (eg: Putting "sweety" at the end of the first sentence rather than front)

Guest fallen*angel*

ummm, i shall try my best ;)

"나에게 제일 귀업고 가장 소중한 천사가 바로 사랑스러운 자기야. 당신을 만난 것은 나에게 큰 명예를 주었고, 당신이 내 삶에 있다는 것이 참으로 영광이라고 생각해. 나는 너를 평생 사랑하고 같이 지내며 보살펴주고 싶어. 우리가 눈을 마지막으로 닫는 날까지 서로 "하나"로 지낼수있기를 기도하고 있어. 나의 심장의 모든 박동들이 당신을 사랑한다고 외치고있어. 나의 마음은 영원히 당신에게 있을꺼야. 나는 너를 위해 내 삶이 끝날때까지 기다려줄수 있어. 자기야..내가 자기를 끈임 없이 사랑한다는것을 언제나 기억해주기를 부탁해."

Hahah...that was a hard one, coz some of those expressions dont really translate directly into Korean and I had to compensate for that by changing it a tiny tiny bit (as is normal for all kinds of translations)

Beautiful words :wub: I reassure you, that the only changes i had to make are mainly grammatical so that it flows much better in Korean :) (eg: Putting "sweety" at the end of the first sentence rather than front)

WOW~!

beautiful, indeed. Sweet_rain, you are the PRO and the best. You help everyone so kindly. Simply unbelievable. <3333

Guest V A L XD

i got to youtube to learn my korean. it's very helpful. Some some uploaded video lessons.

just search for: Korean how to speak korean. each episodes is about 13 minutes long. and at the end of each episode, they over a hangul word and how it can be use and what words it make. and it repeats that episodes lesson and the previous lesson.

hope thats helpful!

Guest guiyeoni

What are the nice pharses to say to lovers in Korea, besides i miss you & i love you?

something sweet, romantic & senxual....artistic...

thank you in advance, guys!

"너는 사랑받기위해 태어난 사람이야...그러니까 내가 많이 사랑해줄께"

haha i like this~~ this reminds me something really funny i saw in Hello Francesca (some krn drama)~~

man:넌 정말 착한여자야...

woman:왜?

man:니 눈보면서 나 너무 행복해..

Man:you are such a kind lady...

woman: why?

man: because looking into your eyes just makes my happy.

Guest babossagaji

What is this?

Someone를 따라하려 하지마 ㅋㅋ 불쌍한게 ㅋㅋㅋ

All I know is 하지마 and ㅋㅋㅋ .

Guest mikasaranghae

sweet_rain'

thank you a whole lot for the translation. hope that didn't take too much of your time.

you're really nice and helpful.

kamsahapnida, <33333

Archived