Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest fallen*angel*

it really is my pleasure :)

Korean practice for me as well :D

Oh wellz, those words truly are beautiful. It was so nice to translate sentences packed with so much emotion.

I'm leaving for a camp tomoro and will have no internet for a few days :(

No internet? Oh, no :(

But please have a great trip. Lucky you. :D:);)

We will miss you, Sweet Rain.

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mangchilo

"Stupid idiot", "Bastard", "Retard" -_- WHEN ITS JOKING TO FRIENDS, etc, ITS THE SAME THING <_< and "Babo" can mean all of them. No need to get fussy about it -_- When you call someone a "retard" how many of you's actually mean to say that the person should goto a Psychiatrist? We just say it to tease someone.

Sure, i coulda found the real word that actually means "bastard" in korean(모조), but that would be inappropriate within the Korean language to call your friends as a joke -_- I just sed "Babo" and "Byoung Shin" coz they are the common terms that are equivalent of calling your friends "retard" or "bastard" as a joke -_-

hey hey, no need to act all offended 'cause i wasn't meaning to offend or say you're totally wrong, just clarifying for the person in case they didn't know so they know they're actually calling their friend more like an idiot, which is slightly different from what they actually asked for. and you're right, you wouldn't use 모조, but they weren't really asking for the literal word for bastard, anyway. so no need on your part, either. it's just that "bastard" and "retard" have a different feel, you know? sorry if it sounded like i was being "fussy." -_-

Guest stellabella

Can someone please tell me the correct way to use names like oppa, nuna, eunie, etc? All my younger cousins refer to me as eunie or nuna, as do i to my older cousins, i'm just not sure whether you're supposed to use them with any older people around your age?

please and thanks.

or 큰복 누리세요 is like "Hope you get lots of blessings".

I guess as Jaeho sed, it's like "happy new year" ;)

hahahaha, yeah, i guess the "시아"(Shia) would sound more better than "씨아"(Ssia) but its pretty much almost the same.

In my opinion, i would leave "준스"(Junse) as it is than "준수"(Junsoo). i know it sez "JunSU", but im thinking that when that is pronounced in the native tongue (Chinese?) it would come out as "준스".

Well, for the person who wanted it translated, here are your options depending on how u wanted it to sound

Junsu (where the "U" is subtle and short) = 준스

Junsoo (where the end sounds longer and and sounds more like "ooo") = 준수

Umm, "Xiah Junsu" when sed in the original Chinese accent, im guessing that it would sound more like "Sha-Junsu". In that case, it would be more accurate to say "샤 준스"

Don't you know DongBangShinGi? Xiah Junsu is a member and his name is written 시아 준수. lol

Can someone please tell me the correct way to use names like oppa, nuna, eunie, etc? All my younger cousins refer to me as eunie or nuna, as do i to my older cousins, i'm just not sure whether you're supposed to use them with any older people around your age?

please and thanks.

Normally, there shouldn't be a huge age gap. There are a lot of other factors too, like the type of relationship. Still, it's you that should come up with what to say because honestly, this is all very natural/obvious.

If you're like 15 and the person is 40, you wouldn't call her 언니. (Can you read Korean?) If you're like 35, then it should be OK to call her that.

I'm 17 and I call a 29 year old guy 삼촌 instead of 형 because he's a family friend.

There are some cases where the WAAAY older person asks you to call him/her 오빠/형/언니/누나 though.

Guest stellabella

Yep, i can read korean, i just usually don't know WHAT I'm reading LOL.

I speak a little Korean, but I understand it almost completely. I use to speak fluently when i was a little girl, but when we moved back to the states I quickly converted to English and now all is forgotten!

I'm trying by best to learn the korean language. I want to be completely fluent in it, gramatically and all. Anyone have a suggestions for good online schooling or anything?

i need some help too! can you guys translate to me?! thanks! :)

영어가 너무 서툴러서 , 한글로 편지를 쓸수도 있을것 같아요. ?I찬은가요?

The sentence is kind of weird.

Literally it's "Because my English is so bad, I think I can write the letter in Korean too. Is that OK?"

But I think he/she was trying to say that his/her English is so bad that the letter's gonna be written in Korean.

By the way, I'm assuming that "I찬은가요" is "괜찮은가요" because it's a typo.

Hi, can anyone write me this sentence all in Korean (including the name Ryan)

"I love my Ryan"

Thanks

우리 라이언 사랑해.

Guest sweetbaby

Can someone translate this, please.

"I am so in love with my sexy Korean tutor. I want him so bad. Yeah! It's true!"

Thank you milions in advance :)

Guest stellabella

an RRN is a Residence Registration Number. All korean citizens have one (it's like a social security number) and they are used a lot on the net when signing up for something for proof of your identity and residency in Korea.

I think you can get an account under foreigner though. You just have to know how to read and speak korean to do so. And I can't help you with that. I can read but i won't know what I'm reading.

Guest yoonshik

Can someone translate this, please.

"I am so in love with my sexy Korean tutor. I want him so bad. Yeah! It's true!"

Thank you milions in advance :)

"i am so in love with my sexy korean tutor."

nae sexy han gwa wae lul nuhmoo sarang han dah.

"i want him so bad"

um... there's alot of ways, but i dont know which. so.

Yeah! it's true!"

dont really know how to use that with the other sentences.

sorry if i didn't help much

Guest sweet_rain

QUOTE(Jaeho@ Jan 1 2006, 12:28 AM)

Don't you know DongBangShinGi? Xiah Junsu is a member and his name is written 시아 준수. lol

^i had no idea...not much a DBSK fan LOL...dang

But please have a great trip. Lucky you.

We will miss you, Sweet Rain.

^THanks :) I had a blessed time at the beach :D

hey hey, no need to act all offended 'cause i wasn't meaning to offend or say you're totally wrong, just clarifying for the person in case they didn't know so they know they're actually calling their friend more like an idiot, which is slightly different from what they actually asked for. and you're right, you wouldn't use 모조, but they weren't really asking for the literal word for bastard, anyway. so no need on your part, either. it's just that "bastard" and "retard" have a different feel, you know? sorry if it sounded like i was being "fussy."

^ sorry if i sounded that way :i somtimes write in a way that seems confronting even when i dont intend to :( Its this thing called "internet" where we can only communicate in words and we dont know the real mood of the other person, lol

please and thanks.

^ im sure we've done this before...here is the post that explains it:

As with when to say Oppa or Hyoung...always put it in the viewpoint to who it relates to.

eg: you're a guy, but ur referring to another girl's older bro....You would say "Her Oppa" NOT "Her Hyoung"....of if the guy is older than you...it would be "My Hyoung....Her Oppa"

Simply...

With Oppa...its always HER oppa (and MY oppa if ur a girl)

With Hyoung...its always HIS hyoung* (and MY hyoung if ur a guy)

*there are exceptions....sometimes girls call older guys "Hyoung" especially if they're a bit Tom-Boyish, etc..but these cases are rare.

but with people who are similar age...there is no real set "rule" saying "thou must say "hyoung" to the guy 1 year older than you",etc. It depends on how intimate you are with the person. If you're distant, perhaps u call them by their older title...if ur like friends, im sure u can just call them by name. If u wanna make sure, talk about it with the people concerned. Its ok to ask them "should i call you Hyoung?", etc and reach an agreement

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH HADURI AND DAUM CAFE CAUSE I WANA JOIN BUT DUNO HOW CAUSE I KANT READ KOREAN I WOULD APRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME THANKS

I remember replying to this on Soompi long ago...let me find that post...

IF YOU'RE MORE THAN 14 YEARS OF AGE:

https://register.daum.net/JoinInDaum/html/general.html

IF YOU'RE 14 YEARS AND YOUNGER:

https://register.daum.net/DaumRegister/html/kids.html

ok, i'll try to guide u thru.

1. First click that above link, and u should arrive at a screen. Goto the bottom and tick that box under all that information stuff (this is the "accept the terms and conditions" stuff)

Then click the button on the LEFT (to goto next step)

2. You should now be in a page where u have to put in personal info.

I translated the fields u have to fill in in order they are in the site:

*ID (what you want your email to be called). The little button on the left that says "중복확인" is to check whether someone else has same email as u. YOU MUST CLICK THAT BUTTON TO CHECK, OTHERWISE U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCEED

아이디ID 정보

*Daum이름(닉네임) = What you want to be your Nickname or your Name on Daum.

* 비밀번호 = Password

* 비밀번호 확인 = Retype Password

개인정보

* 이름(한글) = u must write your name in KOREAN. We can make up a name if u dont have a Korean name. Tell me your English name, and i'll try to translate it into Korean, so u can copy+paste

* 성별 = Male or Female? the circle on the left is MALE and the one on the right is FEMALE

* 생년월일 = Birthdate (Year, month date) Leave the option circles next to it as they are

* 거주지 주소 = country u live in. Click the box on the right that sez "국외". USA = 미국 Australia = 호주 NZ = 뉴질랜드 Britain = 영국 Canada = 캐나다 (my guesses on where u might live)

최종학력 = Student Status. (from the first one, moving down in the options):

-choose one

-none

-starting primary school

-finishing primary school

-starting junior high

-finishing junior high

-starting senior high

-finishing senior high

The ones on the bottom apply to university, but ur not uni student, are u?

직업 = occupation (just click on the bottom one -_-, which means "other" or the 3rd one from the top (학생), which means "student")

결혼여부 = Marriage status (leave it as it is...unless ur married -_-)

The Next section where there are 2 option thingys refer to advertisments and newsletters u get from DAUM. Leave them as they are if u want to get Daum Newsletters, or change it to the other option if u dont want them.

Then on the bottom, u would see a picture of some korean words. U gotta type them in. If u dont know how to type korean, then ummm, right click the box that has the characters in it and "copy". Paste it somewhere on your computer and then send me the file by email on naekku88@hotmail.com and i'll try to write it for u and then u can copy and paste into the blank space (?)

ACTUALLY IF THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS SOUND TOO HARD FOR U TO DO, JUST SEND YOUR DETAILS UNDER ALL THOSE HEADINGS ABOVE TO MY EMAIL (naekku88@hotmail.com) AND I CAN REGISTER FOR U AND GIV U THE PASSWORD(which u can change).

^hope that helps...took me a while to find it (it was at Page29 or something in this forum +_+)

Formal Korean:

"제 섹시한 한인 가정교사(or 과외) 선생님이랑 사랑에 빠졌습니다. 나는 그를 무척 원합니다. 예! 사실입니다"

Informal Korean:

"내 섹시한 한인 가정교사(or 과외) 선생님이랑 사랑에 빠졌어. 나는 그를 무척 원해. 응! 사실이야"

^wow..i spent long doing everything else, and i had to translate it quik...if anyone sees errors, feel free to correct me :)

Oh Fantastic! I've been looking for this thread and didn't realized it was pinned.

Can I have this translated to korean? Hostile manner.

"You people always ruin everything right when things get good."

Guest sweet_rain

"You people always ruin everything right when things get good."

"당신들은 꼭 일이 잘 되기 시작할때 모든 것을 망친다니까!"

Umm, something like that ;)

its as correct as i can make it lol

Guest sweet_rain

Anyone have a suggestions for good online schooling or anything?

dont they have any "Korean schools" in your area, like Saturday classes, etc?

For 'online' thing to be effective, you gotta be at a certain level where u know the basic. Then u can use those basics to keep practicing and improve.

That is wot im doing here on Soompi, kinda.

I really appreciate that people ask for translations :)

Otherwise, if ur parents are fluent at korean, i would look to them for help

Archived