Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest fallen*angel*

welcome back ...sweet_rain.

we miss you for sure.

its so nice to see you're back & you had a great time at the beach.

<3

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sweetbaby

Thank you so much Sweet_Rain for help. You're such a sweetheart. Thank you:)

Glad to hear you had a blast at the beach:)

And yoonshik, thank you for trying to help. I do appreciate it a whole lot.

Love both of you <333.

Guest sweet_rain

^Thanks so much fallen*angel*,bsu and sweetbaby and everyone else who have asked for help and given me encouragement. It truly does make me feel special and motivates me :D

Guest sweet_rain

^ Hmm...to be honest, that confuses me

이해 믓 알겠읍니다.

MORE 한국말울 HELP -십시요.

감례함니다.

I have to assume that either you have used an internet translator to write that Korean OR you are someone who is leanrning Korean and is having some trouble writing in proper korean grammar..

Nevertheless, im not sure of what you are asking, but i'll see what i can do :) If anyone can offer help, that would be great :D

Ok...

with "이해 믓 알겠읍니다"....

im assuming that you wanted to say "이해 못 하겠습나다", which means "i cant understand".. You used "읍니다", which is OLD KOREAN. Nobody uses "읍니다"(it is) at the end of sentences anymore, but it got replaced by "습니다".

"MORE 한국말울 HELP -십시요" ...ummm

I figure you're asking "please help by using more korean(한국말을 더 쓰십시요)" or "please write this so it's more Korean(더 한국말 같게 써주세요)" or "please help with Korean more(한국말을 더 도우십시요)" <--i think that one is the most reasonable guess

"감례함니다.".... hmm, perhaps my Korean vocabulary is limited, but "감례" is a word that i dont know. I assume that its a typo and you meant to say "감사합니다" which means "thank you"

Uhh..hope it helped

thanks... I'm learning this form an super old korean book that I got from my father lol...

I was trying to ask for help... but as you can see, it was really bad when I try to type it in korean :P

nevertheless,

감사합니다

^ I wrote it too fast and so small I couldn't read it check it if I got it right or not.

Guest sweet_rain

^ hahaha, i was gonna ask whether it was from an old book ;)

I could tell from the "읍니다"

Some of my old books contain "읍니다" and i used to get confused about it

Nevertheless, i guess you're on the right track. Despite some of the errors, i sorta understood what you wanted to communicate. It's like that with any language that you begin to learn, hehe ;)

Guest sweet_rain

^ Nothing much really.

for example, in OLD korean, you would end sentences like:

eg: 음식이 매우 맛있읍니다 (The food is very tasty)

But for some bizarre reason, they decided to change it to

음식이 매우 맛있습니다

There is no difference wotsoever. 읍니다 is same as 습니다.

Its just that the pronunciation differs a tiny bit, lol.

습니다 is sed more like "Ssoup ni da" while

읍니다 is sed more like "Oop ni da" (but usually it sounds like Ssoup ni da, from the "있" in front which has the "ㅆ")

Guest stellabella

Can someone help me with Cyworld? I can read Korean but I have no clue what they are asking of me on some things.

I know you need a RRN, but I think i found a foreigner's application? someone help!

Guest sweet_rain

u dont need rrn to do cyworld.

i'll help u out...but first let me investigate the website (so i know which details i have to get off you)

ok...

-goto http://cymember.cyworld.nate.com/main/regist/checkmember.jsp

-click on "외국인 가입하기" which is the foreigners' applications (the oval on the left)

This is as far as i can help you so far, coz when i go into the link, i get a message saying "The Cyworld Server is too busy. Please try again later"

But i dont think applying for it is too hard. Its just the usual stuff like "date of birth" "id name" etc, isnt it? And for the stuff u dont know, u can just use a dictionary or internet translater (such as http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr )

For further help, tell us on this thread or email me on naekku88@hotmail.com ;)

Guest stellabella

Well I've gone that far myself before, but for some reason when I click the submit button, it won't let me. A nitice comes up but it's all in question marks so I don't know what's wrong. I'm thinking it's the phone number part? Because it asks for a 10 digit phone number, but in this format: 82-2-XXX-XXXX

I'm pretty sure I have everything else right though!

someone explain to me how to use 되 and 돼..its been screwing with me for years now and my mom doesn't explain it very well.

^ Think of 되 as 하, and 돼 as 해.

되다 is in the same -da form as 하다

되어 and 하여 are shortened to 돼 and 해

So...

준비 다 됐어요.

이거 먹어도 될까요?

가도 돼요?

되는 일이 없어.

안 돼!

장사가 안되는 이유를 모르겠다.

Guest sweet_rain

Well I've gone that far myself before, but for some reason when I click the submit button, it won't let me. A nitice comes up but it's all in question marks so I don't know what's wrong. I'm thinking it's the phone number part? Because it asks for a 10 digit phone number, but in this format: 82-2-XXX-XXXX

I'm pretty sure I have everything else right though!

^If its something to do with phone number, it might be that thing they had on DAUM where they have to sms a secret code to u (?)

I want to help out more, but when i click that button which goes to the application, it wont let me, coz this box saying "The CyWorld Server is too busy. Try Again Later" :o

Otherwise, the other problem might be is that you gotta check if your ID thingy is valid. Next to the space where u put in your ID, there will be this button. Click it and type in your ID to check if anyone else has it. If it sez no one else has it, i think thats when u can submit it.

Dang~~I wish i can somehow get into the application, but i'v been trying all day, and wont let me. Cyworld server must be HELL BUSY :crazy: Good Luck!

^ Think of 되 as 하, and 돼 as 해.

되다 is in the same -da form as 하다

되어 and 하여 are shortened to 돼 and 해

So...

준비 다 됐어요.

이거 먹어도 될까요?

가도 돼요?

되는 일이 없어.

안 돼!

장사가 안되는 이유를 모르겠다.

Hahahhah~i'v had trouble with that too :D

Guest fallen*angel*

What are the nice pharses to say to lovers in Korea, besides i miss you & i love you?

something sweet, romantic & senxual....artistic...

thank you in advance, guys!

Is there a page where it gives all the possible korean characters and their sounds? I tried the Korean IME thing that comes with Windows but it doesn't work well :\. I try to type some basic korean words I know but it doesn't come out right.

It says there's:

Korean Input System (IME 2002)

Keyboard Type:

2 Beolsik (2)

3 Beolsik 390 (3)

3 Beolsik Final (F)

[x]Delete by Jaso Unit (D)

[x]Enable KS C 5657 Hanja (K)

Guest sweet_rain

What are the nice pharses to say to lovers in Korea, besides i miss you & i love you?

something sweet, romantic & senxual....artistic...

thank you in advance, guys!

umm~~hahaha, wow thats a tricky one to ask, coz its hard to think of some off the top of my head, lol

Some of those translations i did for Sweetbaby are very very nice :)

umm

"너는 사랑받기위해 태어난 사람이야...그러니까 내가 많이 사랑해줄께" (You were someone born to be loved...so I'll give you lots of my love) hahahah, kinda corny a tiny bit, coz im making these up :lol:

pronounced "Noh-Neun sarang-butgi-Weeheh Teh-Oh-Nun Sarum-Ee-Yah...Geu-Roh-Ni-Gga Neh-Ga-Money-Sarang-Heh-Joule-Ggeh"

Umm

"나는 널 영원히 사랑할꺼야" (I'm gonna love you forever) "Nah-Neun Nol Yong-won-Hi Sarang-Hal-Ggo-Yah"

"너는 나에게 세상에서 제일 아름다운 사람이야" (You are the most beautiful person in the world to me) "Noh-Neun Nah-Eh-Geh Seh-Sung-Eh-Soh Je-Il Ah-Reum-Dah-Oon Saram-Ee-Yah"

Hahah, this is all i can think of atm....perhaps some other people can list some more...this is hard for me, coz i dont say much of these lovey dovey things in korean...xD

Is there a page where it gives all the possible korean characters and their sounds? I tried the Korean IME thing that comes with Windows but it doesn't work well :\. I try to type some basic korean words I know but it doesn't come out right.

It says there's:

Korean Input System (IME 2002)

Keyboard Type:

2 Beolsik (2)

3 Beolsik 390 (3)

3 Beolsik Final (F)

[x]Delete by Jaso Unit (D)

[x]Enable KS C 5657 Hanja (K)

http://langintro.com/kintro/first.htm

Yeah, you mean like a Korean Alphabet thing, right? Hmm, i'll see if i can find one online...

http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/korean_hangul_unicode.html <-- try this link

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/korean.htm

http://langintro.com/kintro/alphord.htm

If you have the Korean IME installed with your Windows, there might be a hotkey which u press to switch between typing Korean and English. For me, it switches when i press Right-Alt or Left-Alt+Shift..

Goto:

Control Panel --> Regional and Language options --> Languages (the middle tab on top) --> Details (Make sure Korean IME 2002 is default) --> Key Settings (see which key is used to change between Input Languages)

hope it helps

Archived