[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Korean TV programs win awards at Houston Worldfest

A total of 15 Korean TV programs won awards at the 46th Worldfest-Houston International Film & Video Festival, local broadcasters said Tuesday. 

Three programs from SBS, four from MBC and eight from KBS received positive reviews and won awards from one of the oldest and most respected television and film festivals in the U.S. 

At KBS, “KBS Special: Kim Jong-il”; documentaries “Dharma, in Search of Truth” and “Super Fish”; and drama “The Princess’ Man” won a Platinum Remi. Documentary “Icarus’ Dream” and “Drama Special: For Her Son” won a Grand Remi, while drama “Man from the Equator” nabbed a Silver Remi. “KBS Science Special: Exploring the Human Mind ― Me” won a Special Jury Award. 

At SBS, “SBS Future Korea Report Documentary Special ― HAV 257” won a Platinum Remi, followed by drama “Crayons in My Heart ― Two Boys in the Ring” and “Kim Byeong-man’s The Law of the Jungle” grabbing a Gold Remi. 

At MBC, TV drama “Heart Strings” and entertainment show “I Am a Singer” received a Platinum Remi followed by drama ““Moon Embracing the Sun,” and “Tears of the Antarctic,” winning a Gold Remi. 

By Bae Ji-sook (baejisook@heraldcorp.com)

cr:willenette via ksh thread

This drama is still getting more awards? Definitely a good one. One of the few dramas that can be watched again and again. Relatively not too much blood, nice ending. Wonder how it goes in other countries.

Han Ga In also won the Best Actress in
Remarkable Awards 2012 German Korean Entertainment Awards

Best Actress part starts at around 4:45

Unfortunately, Kim Soo-Hyun lost to Park Yoo-chun for the best actor award; and Rooftop Prince was selected over the Moon Embracing Sun as the Best TV Drama.

• 2 weeks later...

mview said: Han Ga In also won the Best Actress in
Remarkable Awards 2012 German Korean Entertainment Awards

Best Actress part starts at around 4:45

Unfortunately, Kim Soo-Hyun lost to Park Yoo-chun for the best actor award; and Rooftop Prince was selected over the Moon Embracing Sun as the Best TV Drama.

@gukseon
Don't worry that much. Park Yoo-chun is a good actor and he was in two beloved dramas in 2012: "Rooftop Prince" and "I Miss You", so he has bigger fan base. This award is from K-drama fans in Germany, who only watch 1 drama with Soo-hyun, but 2 with Yoo-chun
Soo-hyun beat Yoo-chun in all great awards in Korea. Soo-hyun even got Baek-sang best actor (like Oscar in the US), over Yoo-chun. Therefore, in the eyes of film critics, Soo-hyun delivers more difficult acts in TMTETS than any of other actors (although all nominees are very very good actors.
It's still to be point out that Soo-hyun can deliver the best act due to the great support from other actors/actresses, especially Han Ga-in and Jung Eun-pyo. Feel bad that Eun-pyo didn't win much awards.
Han Ga-in is rightfully awarded. It's easier for Soo-hyun to act in love, if he is facing HGI :o) and HGI actually has significant role to drive the viewer ratings up.
It is possible that the German fans decide to select a combination of Sangeuk and modern life drama over the Sangeuk alone (TMTETS) and modern life alone (I Miss You). It doesn't diminish the fact that TMTETS is an exceptional drama.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chibiottoman

I really wonder this drama. My sister's watched it and I've only witnessed some parts of it, [i was looking at what she was watching] and I really want to watch this drama. My last drama, the last drama that I watched was Full House Take 2 and since then.. I don't feel like watching a drama... but I still think that, this will erase that Full House thing's bad effect on me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kimsoohyunfans

Tai Vivian Let's Support our Dear KIM SOO HYUN! Let's Vote for him.

Now Kim Soo Hyun is at 2nd place less 149thousand votes than the 1st . Just left 7 days, please try best to vote for him. Each ID can vote once a day (24 hours), each IP allow 5 different ID to vote per day. That means everyone can apply ID (xxxx@any.com) as many as you can and to register in Mnet. And then find different IP (different places e.g. home, school, office, coffee shop, shopping mall, public area .....) to vote. To register in Mnet is really easy. Still remember Kim Soo Hyun was the winner of Drama Star and Blue Carpet Star in 2012 ??? Vote now !!!!

Category: 20's Movie Star Male in 2013

click to register and vote :http://20choice.interest.me/ranking.m 

^Just click the link to Vote and support our dear Soo Hyun - cc

http://20choice.interest.me/vote.m

• 1 month later...
Guest NEWMARIO

'Moon' actress puts off dating

Source | 2013/09/04 | 119 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

Share on reddit

photo344631.jpg

Kim Yoo-jeong, the 14-year-old star of MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon", said she is not going to start dating until she turns 20.

"I'm not so jealous [of other couples]", she said on cable channel QTV's "I'm Read Kim Yoo-jeong in LA" yesterday, after spotting a couple on a date during the filming of the episode.

"I think I'll be dating someone when I'm 20, and the relationship will be secret".

She also said that she hopes to grow taller and become prettier. 

"I want to be active in taking roles in many different works, and I hope to build some good friendships with Hollywood stars", she said.

Meanwhile, over on Kim's Twitter account, she released images of herself in a hanbok, the traditional Korean outfit.

"Are you all preparing to welcome the Chuseok holiday?" she wrote. "I'm saying hi to you, for the first time in a long time, wearing a hanbok".

Kim used to wear hanbok all the time when she acted in period drama "The Sun and the Moon" last year. 

She added that the photo was taken during a promotional photo shoot.

By Lee Sun-min

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )

Guest koala chingu

I've only just watched this and loved it. Love the OST too, but couldn't find a proper translation for it, so I did it myself.
The song is about the longing for a lover no longer with the person or passed away..
[MV] [1080P] 린(Lyn) - 시간을 거슬러(Against the Time) 해를 품은 달 (The Moon that Embraces the Sun) OST Part 2