[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Awww, thanks, @partyon, dear chinguuuu!  :wub::wub::wub:

I am always up for a KSH marathon, so count me in! I just cannot promise I'll watch it regularly (2 episodes per week), as I am rarely home these days & can't get a hold of my computer at all. But will try to be here for the discussions! :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hahaha.. My honest opinion is that this drama is the best saeguk.. and then the 2nd one is the Iljimae with Lee Joon Gi in it.. 

3 hours ago, partyon said:

You can start watching the first episodes immediately, but remember that you are not allowed to start commenting on this thread earlier than on Wednesday Aug 19th.

Let's have some fun!

I actually started  rewatching it again prior to IOTNBO ep 15-16 ending.. My mistake.. Now I am watching Dream High

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is interesting B) Thank you for the invitation.  I guess I'm IN since I've never experienced watching it :

- together with others at the same time

- episode by episode in order  :D 

I can't even remember the actual event that made me watched it the first time ;)  

Since I'll have a major event on Aug. 21, a few days before is enough to spare. 

Okay, let's do it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@partyon Thanks for the tag/invite. I actually always wanted to watch this drama and I never got around to watching it. My wish list of classic dramas to watch with no time or incentive too. I would be interested in joining as I have a lull in my drama rotation right now. 

I look forward to the comments and our interactions.

i love Dae Jang Geum thanks to my mom and Jumong. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow, so many chingus who are ready to watch this drama! :kiss_wink: Glad to see that we have re-watchers, as well as, people watching this drama for the first time!

So far people who have signed up for this are: @ncly @Nodame @Berou @H0ney @YongZura⁷ @TiNaDo @im0202 @MayanEcho

@sharoon0136 Come here, this is where you sign up! :kiss_wink:

Let's see how many other chingus join us!

Yay!

:getmygrooveon:

Remember, commenting about ep 1 and 2 is allowed starting on Wednesday! Feel free to start watching the first episodes today, though. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

@partyon YES YES YES x 10000 times!

Thanks for the invitation :D I'm going through a drought and heartbreak after It's Ok To Not Be Okay so I'm glad to be joining another marathon with KSH in it. I was contemplating to whether I should watch this drama on Netflix and I'm glad I have an actual motivation and push to do so. 

See you all soon! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, partyon said:

Hello friends!

Welcome to the season of swords and destiny. For those who don't know, August 15 was Korea's independence day. inspired, we decided to create an event season focused on saeguks and having a re-watch of some classics.

The Moon Embracing the Sun is one of the dramas that was selected along with Empress Ki and Faith. Yay!

How will a re-watch party work?

Very simple -- tag your friends and let them know you are watching and would like them to join you as well.

We are hoping to have at least a small group of 5-10 chingus so that we can watch and enjoy as a group.

After all, a drama is more entertaining when you are watching along with others, no? 

If you are interested, please raise your hand and say you are in -- just so that we know we have company. People are free to join in at any time just like in a regular drama thread. If you realize that the drama is not your cup of tea at some point, do not feel bad if you want to drop it. It happens to all of us from time to time .

Every week - we will watch 2 episodes and post right here on this thread.

You can watch at your convenience but post your responses to the episode no earlier than Wednesday each week. So just like Mon-Tue dramas, we discuss from Wed till the following Tue.

Now, if you get excited and start watching more episodes, just be aware that others may or may not have watched them and so may not be able to comment.

So if you can, please stick to that week's episodes for posting and commenting.

Also, please do not add spoilers in your posts that might take away from the enjoyment of the chingus watching for the first time....

Here is a sample schedule for the first 5 weeks:

Aug 19-Aug 25 -- ep 1 & 2

Aug 26-Sept 1 -- ep 3 & 4

Sept 2 - Sept 8 -- ep 5 & 6

Sept 9 - Sept 15 -- ep 7 & 8

Sept 16 - Sept 22 -- ep 9 & 10

The re-watch party rules can also be found on the first post of this thread.

Are you excited? Is Kim Soo Hyun your oppa? Oppa looks really excited!

You can start watching the first episodes immediately, but remember that you are not allowed to start commenting on this thread earlier than on Wednesday Aug 19th.

Let's have some fun!

tagging: @Teeners @40somethingahjumma @Alice Wonderland @bebebisous33 @rocher22 @Nodame @scarletlover1 @Helena @mademoisellesia  @Lmangla @larus @TiNaDo @Berou @MinLyn @Jillia @H0ney @cenching @blademan @blue_fleurs @JungRok @floweroad @ncly @aisling @demarchelier @Not Me @lolly84 @jeonghyang @libra22 @sharoon0136 @YongZura⁷ @Samuel Yohanes @lebeaucouple @RanP @Yanny @Latte_Anyday @debbsthebee @backstreetboysfan   @cooleet  @jeijei @Night_Owl @Liting1 @Cayu18 @stella77 @shazai @madmad min @vangsweetie637 @heartoppaya @tarjig @Learry

I would to join in but I  have to many airing drama's right now. I am so sorry :(. I will watch this as soon as I can thought :).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Jillia ~ ah I see; always wonder if all the saeguks shoot in the same location. the background generally looks the same in most dramas. or is it just a reflection of history that the architecture style didn't change much? wonder how picky knetz are when it comes to background on historical details...

40 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Most indoor scenes are filming sets built for the drama itself or reused from other sageuks. :D Outdoor scenes are filmed in Korean folk villages and sometimes even at the real palaces. :) I think METS has been filmed in Minseokchon in Yongin City for the village scenes and in the same town there is a place called Yongin Daejanggeum Park which is a huge permanent filming location for MBC sageuks.

oh I see; so it is a permanent filming location for MBC? is it far from seoul? wonder how these actors, PDs and assistants get there? do they have to travel? do they stay near by in some hotel for all the months of filming? wonder how it works?

a question for the re-watch gang to get started on -- @sharoon0136 @ncly @Nodame @Berou @YongZura⁷ @TiNaDo @im0202 @MayanEcho @MinLyn @H0ney      ....   -- so this drama is based on a novel. while it is set in joseon dynasty, the characters are all fictional. so how do you feel about book adaptations? when you see dramas set in a certain time period, what expectations do you have?

Edited by Lmangla
adding more names to tag list
  • Like 4

oh wow @Jillia, so have you read the book for moon/sun? what is the style? is it written in an old language or in modern language? were they any specific bits that you felt the drama cut out because it didn't fit for various reasons? or was it pretty close to the book?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

oh wow @Jillia, so have you read the book for moon/sun? what is the style? is it written in an old language or in modern language? were they any specific bits that you felt the drama cut out because it didn't fit for various reasons? or was it pretty close to the book?

HI I did not know there was a book. Can I get the title if the the book so I can read it if it is translated.  @Jillia  I am also curious too @Lmangla

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so how do you feel about book adaptations? when you see dramas set in a certain time period, what expectations do you have?

To be honest, I'm more rigid when I'm watching book adaptations. I expect that the drama would at least be recognizable from the novel it is based on. :) I would also presume that most of the highlights in the book would be in the show. 

I actually like period or fantasy dramas more than the modern times type. ^_^ Their clothes are more fascinating, and their buildings, furniture, and practices are easier to the eyes. Moreover, it piques my curiosity on how an iconic scene or dialogue would be delivered.

• Like 2

@partyon Thanks for the invite, chingu. Unfortunately i am currently watching a few dramas, so don't think i am able to participate. Nevertheless, I will try to drop by occasionally to join the thread when i am free. Enjoy the re-watching, guys!  :highonflowers:

• Like 1
  • Love 1