[Drama 2011] Queen Insoo 인수대비

Admin

how to watch this drama without subtitle...if there is a recap...or discussion here at least I can understand. so sad it seems just  a few interested with this drama.I have download up to episode 42 but i can't watch because not understand...

darksmurf subtitle still no progressing ...anybody know here is there darksmurf continue to sub this drama ??

U watch this drama...? I found someone that have same interest with me.....Can I ask u....how to woman name .... married to insoo son... she a bit older than the king

The actress playing Deposed Queen Yoon is Jun Hyebin.

In History, Deposed Queen Yoon is few years older than Sung Jong (Current King).

That's why she looks older than the King.

After she gives birth to a son (Yun San Gun) she becomes Queen but later on she gets stripped of her position as Queen and gets kicked out of the palace. I believe she is given poison as punishment and dies. I don't remember why she was kicked out and given poison but Queen Insoo (her mother in law) orders it.

There was a movie and a drama that was about Deposed Queen Yoon.

SBS drama The King and I and the movie The King and the Clown.  In the King and the Clown, the King portrayed there is Deposed Queen Yoon's son, Yun San Gun.

If you watch these 2, you will be able to find more about Deposed Queen's history and background and what happens to her.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GRAPEJUICE

Rating is 2%?? Is that normal for cable?? That is horrible for KBS, SBS, and MBC.

That's weird because this drama is really good...

Guest TheKaitoon

Hi Everyone,

Queen Insoo Episodes 1 to 12 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

Queen Insoo 1-12 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about 

FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

darksmurftsub finished English subtitle only at episode 2. i could not see anymore of english subtitles after episode 2. Please advice how to get english subtitle after episode 2 at darksmurf. your kind respond would be greatly appreciated.

how to watch this drama without subtitle...if there is a recap...or discussion here at least I can understand. so sad it seems just  a few interested with this drama.I have download up to episode 42 but i can't watch because not understand...

darksmurf subtitle still no progressing ...anybody know here is there darksmurf continue to sub this drama ??

U watch this drama...? I found someone that have same interest with me.....Can I ask u....how to woman name .... married to insoo son (the king now)... she a bit older than the king

I have no idea what Darksmurf's up to.

The actress playing Deposed Queen Yoon is Jun Hyebin.

In History, Deposed Queen Yoon is few years older than Sung Jong (Current King).

That's why she looks older than the King.

After she gives birth to a son (Yun San Gun) she becomes Queen but later on she gets stripped of her position as Queen and gets kicked out of the palace. I believe she is given poison as punishment and dies. I don't remember why she was kicked out and given poison but Queen Insoo (her mother in law) orders it.

There was a movie and a drama that was about Deposed Queen Yoon.

SBS drama The King and I and the movie The King and the Clown.  In the King and the Clown, the King portrayed there is Deposed Queen Yoon's son, Yun San Gun.

If you watch these 2, you will be able to find more about Deposed Queen's history and background and what happens to her.

Actually the information in the spoiler is slightly incorrect.  Here's the full detail --

Deposed Queen Yoon (DQY) became the queen before she gave birth to her son.  Afterward, she lost favor w/ the King b/c she was a very jealous woman, and she was terrible to other court ladies the king slept w/.  Being jealous was considered a serious character flaw in a married woman, and Queen Insoo didn't approve of it at all.  But DQY was somewhat protected b/c she was the mother of won-ja (1st born royal prince).  But one day, she was so jealous & angry that she ended up scratching the king's face, and this was unforgivable, even for her position & status.  So she was stripped of her title & got kicked out.  (BTW-- it is said that she was involved in some plots to frame other court ladies that she didn't like, and the discussion of stripping her title came about w/in 4 months after she gave birth to her 1st son....so things went bad for her real fast.  And even though she was able to hang on, she was humiliated in other ways, such as having her birthday feast canceled, etc. Even being pregnant again & giving birth to another son was able to save her status & power.)

The final punishment (poison) happened because the court ladies, etc. reported to Queen Insoo that the deposed queen was not at all regretful and that she was angry at the king & Queen Insoo.  This enraged Queen Insoo, and the king didn't object at all to sending the poison.  He also exiled DQY's bro & mother as well, IIRC.

Most historians seem to agree that the king didn't love DQY at all toward the end, even though he let her son (Prince Yun San) inherit the throne, w/ the order to his officials that no one was to discuss the circumstances surrounding DQY's death.  Prince Yun San was adopted by the king's third queen & he didn't know the full history about his birth mother until late,r which led to massive purges.  Eventually officials got tired of him, and kicked him out.

Rating is 2%??  Is that normal for cable??  That is horrible for KBS, SBS, and MBC.

That's weird because this drama is really good...

Yes.  I tihnk it's pretty good for cable.  If this had aired on MBC and other main channels, it would've had better rating.

Guest cococrust

ep 42 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c9smny

ep 43 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nqa172

ep 44 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kx0x5g

Can anybody who understand korea tell me

1.why the King crying with his mum Queen Insoo?

2.Why Queen Yoon look like she do something evil and afraid ? what did she do?

3. Is queen mother and queen Insoo compete for the power? Its look like they are not in good term? I think when they both young they have good relationship mother in law / daughter in law.

can anybody help me ??

I have no idea what Darksmurf's up to.

Actually the information in the spoiler is slightly incorrect. Here's the full detail --

Deposed Queen Yoon (DQY) became the queen before she gave birth to her son. Afterward, she lost favor w/ the King b/c she was a very jealous woman, and she was terrible to other court ladies the king slept w/. Being jealous was considered a serious character flaw in a married woman, and Queen Insoo didn't approve of it at all. But DQY was somewhat protected b/c she was the mother of won-ja (1st born royal prince). But one day, she was so jealous & angry that she ended up scratching the king's face, and this was unforgivable, even for her position & status. So she was stripped of her title & got kicked out. (BTW-- it is said that she was involved in some plots to frame other court ladies that she didn't like, and the discussion of stripping her title came about w/in 4 months after she gave birth to her 1st son....so things went bad for her real fast. And even though she was able to hang on, she was humiliated in other ways, such as having her birthday feast canceled, etc. Even being pregnant again & giving birth to another son was able to save her status & power.)

The final punishment (poison) happened because the court ladies, etc. reported to Queen Insoo that the deposed queen was not at all regretful and that she was angry at the king & Queen Insoo. This enraged Queen Insoo, and the king didn't object at all to sending the poison. He also exiled DQY's bro & mother as well, IIRC.

Most historians seem to agree that the king didn't love DQY at all toward the end, even though he let her son (Prince Yun San) inherit the throne, w/ the order to his officials that no one was to discuss the circumstances surrounding DQY's death. Prince Yun San was adopted by the king's third queen & he didn't know the full history about his birth mother until late,r which led to massive purges. Eventually officials got tired of him, and kicked him out.

Yes. I tihnk it's pretty good for cable. If this had aired on MBC and other main channels, it would've had better rating.

TQ very Much.... dramalover1 in this drama ....how DQY married to the King...because the ealier episode she was a slave and i think she married other man...

Answers in spoiler just in case.

Can anybody who understand korea tell me

1.why the King crying with his mum Queen Insoo?

He regrets that he hasn't visited her and shunned her for a long time to prove that he's an adult & he can rule on his own. He went to her place after Han Myung Heu told him he cannot achieve anything on his own -- that is but the supreme arrogance. He told the king to ally w/ his mother, who will die for him. So when he went to Queen Insoo's place, he's remorseful and sad that he made his mother sad.  (It is mentioned earlier in the series in a scene between him & Head Eunuch Jeon  -- the King told the HEJ that he loves his mother very much & that he'll gladly die for her)

2.Why Queen Yoon look like she do something evil and afraid ? what did she do?

She's been dissing Insoo for a long time, thinking that the king & Insoo are not getting along & that she can somehow prevent them from reconciling ever. She never went to say hello to Insoo (it was one of her duties to do so), and she lied to the king that Insoo refuses to receive her, when in fact she's never gone to Insoo's residence.  She also pretended to fall asleep every time Insoo told her proper morals & ways of good wives & queen (like in a few scenes where Insoo reads from a book & the queen purposely pretends to fall asleep to show disrespect).

She also knows that Insoo doesn't like her, and that she's afraid that if the king reconciles w/ Insoo, Insoo will have lots of power & find a reason to cast her out.  (Which of course is sort of O_o b/c if the queen had been NICER and more polite to Insoo, maybe Insoo will have a hard time finding a reason to cast the queen out....)

Another thing -- the queen is scared that if Insoo manages to cast her out, her son (Won-ja) will be stripped of his "wonja" title and cast out as well.

Though its' not mentioned in the drama, Insoo's aunt is still a member of an imperial household in Ming, and it's not that difficult for Insoo to use that connection to make it happen (get the imperial acknowledgment for the change in "wonja").  (One of the reasons why Insoo's family was so powerful was that they were related to the Ming imperial household through her aunts who were imperial concubines.)

3. Is queen mother and queen Insoo compete for the power? Its look like they are not in good term? I think when they both young they have good relationship mother in law / daughter in law.

They do not get along. They actively hate each other in the drama & they are political rivals / enemies. The Great Queen Mother thinks Insoo is a rude know-it-all, and Insoo thinks The Great Queen Mother is a power-hungry & greedy despot, who should know her place (TGQM can't read).

can anybody help me ??

TQ very Much.... dramalover1 in this drama ....how DQY married to the King...because the ealier episode she was a slave and i think she married other man...

Oh. She wasn't a slave. She was just a helper at Insoo's private residence b/c Insoo needed somebody to be an attendant. Since Insoo is a royal family member by marriage, she got a court lady to come out.

The mention of "slave" is a reference to the treatment DQY claims to have received at Insoo's residence  -- b/c DQY's not high-born like Insoo, Insoo treated her like a common slave.

As for the marriage -- are you talking about the marriage ceremony DQY had? If so, did you notice how there was no man /groom? It's b/c its' a special ceremony to show that she's marrying the king.  Not that it really means she's becoming the king's concubine or queen.  All court ladies had to do such ceremonies to show that they'll be faithful to the king, no matter what, and that they'll serve him with undivided loyalty, before they can be promoted to the next level (from Saeng-Gak-Si to Na-In) .

I hope it clears things up. If not, ask more & I'll clarify what I can.

Archived