[Drama 2011] Queen Insoo 인수대비

Admin

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aelini

I don't know how to edit now that the formu has changed, or how to multi-quote, so I'm very sorry mods.

Now that that's out of the way...

It is hinted in Ep 50 that maybe the queen does have some kind of mental problems. Her eunuch mentions that it's really scary to be around her b/c she often cries then laughs, etc.

And if you look at her -- she cries, then she suddenly stops and gets nasty, etc. She's completely bipolar & crazy as the drama progresses. A part of the reason may be that she's very scared -- she misses her son, and she knows her MIL hates her, and she knows the king is surrounded by women who are pretty and younger than her. Insoo isn't THAT old in the drama, and its' likely that Insoo will continue to live for a long time, and it's most likely that the queen won't feel secure until Insoo stops hating her or dies.

hi dramalover!

I agree, she seems to be bipolar, the way she's always laughing maniacally... I thought royals don't run, but look how she races like a crazed woman to threaten or burst in unannounced into people's rooms! I think she's the architect of her destruction...If only she waited 5 mins before attacking people, she wouldn't be in this situation... The King truly loved her, as they kind of grew up together, so if she had just remembered that, and not given into senseless jealousy, she would be fine... She must be very insecure, and her wicked actions, not the other concubines, will eventually drive the King away from her...

She rejoices when the King's young wife is seriously ill, poisons a concubine, and kills her baby, kills her one true supporter, fights with and wounds the King, threatens the Great Dowager Queen when she doesn't get her way, and it seems as if Dowager Queen Insoo hasn't always disliked her... When they were younger, they seemed to get along just fine... I'm sure she did something to drive Insoo crazy!!

In a word, the Queen is insane!!!!!

Guest aelini

Can anyone tell me why exactly Queen Yoon was not allowed to see her son? I feel bad for her in that regard...

hi dramalover!

I agree, she seems to be bipolar, the way she's always laughing maniacally... I thought royals don't run, but look how she races like a crazed woman to threaten or burst in unannounced into people's rooms! I think she's the architect of her destruction...If only she waited 5 mins before attacking people, she wouldn't be in this situation... The King truly loved her, as they kind of grew up together, so if she had just remembered that, and not given into senseless jealousy, she would be fine... She must be very insecure, and her wicked actions, not the other concubines, will eventually drive the King away from her...

She rejoices when the King's young wife is seriously ill, poisons a concubine, and kills her baby, kills her one true supporter, fights with and wounds the King, threatens the Great Dowager Queen when she doesn't get her way, and it seems as if Dowager Queen Insoo hasn't always disliked her... When they were younger, they seemed to get along just fine... I'm sure she did something to drive Insoo crazy!!

In a word, the Queen is insane!!!!!

Well. Royals don't. Ditto for aristocrats. But remember that she didn't really grow up in a high-born family (just look at the way her mother behaves), and Insoo always says that the queen is "vulgar" or "low-born".

When the queen thought the king & Insoo weren't getting along, she dissed Insoo in every way, which is why Insoo hates her so much now. Insoo never thought the queen was good enough for the king, but if the queen was sincere and humble and modest in her behavior & attitude, I'm sure Insoo would've softened toward her MIL. After all, Insoo did mention in few earlier episodes that she wanted to reform or teach the queen to be a better person and so on. But the queen's refusal to accept anything Insoo says, etc. basically made Insoo hate her to the point of wanting to kill her now. (Basically the queen should've listened to Lady Choi (the old court lady she beat to death). Lady Choi said the queen should never oppose Insoo and basically suck up to Insoo until the young prince grows up and becomes the crown prince.)

Can anyone tell me why exactly Queen Yoon was not allowed to see her son? I feel bad for her in that regard...

Because Insoo thinks the queen lacks virtue. At first, she took the prince away from the queen because she wanted the queen to stay low and stop making trouble. (So it was to be a minor punishment at first.) But instead the queen tried to fight Insoo over it, which angered Insoo. Then later, Insoo learns of how the queen beat Lady Choi to death, etc. (BTW -- even though the queen is in charge of court ladies, she can't beat a court lady who serves in the great palace (the king's quarters / residence) w/o permission. It's considerede an insult to the king.) All those events showed Insoo that the queen lacks basic moral and decency, and she doesn't want the queen to "taint" the prince w/ her evil thoughts, actions and words.

Guest aelini

Well. Royals don't. Ditto for aristocrats. But remember that she didn't really grow up in a high-born family (just look at the way her mother behaves), and Insoo always says that the queen is "vulgar" or "low-born".

When the queen thought the king & Insoo weren't getting along, she dissed Insoo in every way, which is why Insoo hates her so much now. Insoo never thought the queen was good enough for the king, but if the queen was sincere and humble and modest in her behavior & attitude, I'm sure Insoo would've softened toward her MIL. After all, Insoo did mention in few earlier episodes that she wanted to reform or teach the queen to be a better person and so on. But the queen's refusal to accept anything Insoo says, etc. basically made Insoo hate her to the point of wanting to kill her now. (Basically the queen should've listened to Lady Choi (the old court lady she beat to death). Lady Choi said the queen should never oppose Insoo and basically suck up to Insoo until the young prince grows up and becomes the crown prince.)

Because Insoo thinks the queen lacks virtue. At first, she took the prince away from the queen because she wanted the queen to stay low and stop making trouble. (So it was to be a minor punishment at first.) But instead the queen tried to fight Insoo over it, which angered Insoo. Then later, Insoo learns of how the queen beat Lady Choi to death, etc. (BTW -- even though the queen is in charge of court ladies, she can't beat a court lady who serves in the great palace (the king's quarters / residence) w/o permission. It's considerede an insult to the king.) All those events showed Insoo that the queen lacks basic moral and decency, and she doesn't want the queen to "taint" the prince w/ her evil thoughts, actions and words.

Thanks so much, dramalover1! Its been very difficult understanding the drama without subs, and it makes a lot more sense since you've explained it! Thank you!!!

I've watch the first few episodes because of eunjung and i stopped watching the show after the husband died. What happened to the king's first wive? I remembered that he got married at young age.

Guest aelini

I've watch the first few episodes because of eunjung and i stopped watching the show after the husband died. What happened to the king's first wive? I remembered that he got married at young age.

Hi athirah!

You mean King Seongjeong's first wife? She seemed to have had tuberculosis (she was coughing up blood), and died very young as well, allowing Queen Yoon to become the new queen...

Thanks aelini, king seonjeong must really like queen yoon so much that she's able to be the queen bcos i though queen yoon's family background isn't exactly good enough for her to be queen.

Guest cococrust

ep 51 c-subhttp://www.sendspace.com/file/nrvp1u
ep 52 c-subhttp://www.sendspace.com/file/td73z8

hai dramalover1 me again :)

I have some Question.

1) In Episode 54, at minute 28: 56 who si the woman beside Insoo.. It'a look like higher concubine..did insoo husband have a concibine?

2) who is the new queen. It seems the new Queen Scare to other concubine. In history did she powerful queen?

3) What happen to Queen Doweger.. Why she no longer have a power. It Seems Insoon Control everthing now.

4) Did insoo have  good relatinship with her son?(king)

5) I Think Insoo have 2 child. son or daughter...where is she/he ??

hai dramalover1

me again

:)

I have some Question.

1) In Episode 53, at minute 28: 56 who si the woman beside Insoo.. It'a look like higher concubine..did insoo husband have a concibine?

2) who is the new queen. It seems the new Queen Scare to other concubine. In history did she powerful queen?

3) Why The King Not happy with new Queen?

4) What happen to Queen Doweger.. Why she no longer have a power. It Seems Insoon Control everthing now.

5) Did insoo have  good relationship with her son?(king)

6. I Think Insoo have 2 child. son or daughter...where is she/he ??

^ Sorry to bother, but I think the first question was that she asked who is the person who sits beside queen insoo. She was asking whether the women is queen insoo's husband's concubine bcos the women seems to be an important person.

Archived