[Drama 2011] Bachelor's Vegetable Store 총각네 야채가게

cherkell

18d73f8c.jpg

Psssst… a little bird just told me that Supernova is recording a few tunes for the Bachelor’s Vegetable Store OST. First off… there’s gonna be a soundtrack? That shouldn’t surprise me, with gorgeous Ji Hyuk (above) and so many musical theatre actors in the drama as well. Can I hopehopehope for another offering from Changwook-ssi that *might* get a little bit more airplay this time than his song from the WBDS OST got a few months ago? Pretty pretty please with 설탕 on top?!?

Secondly… SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! ::faintsdead::

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bachelor's Vegetable Store Press Conference ♥♥♥ 14 December 2011 ♥♥♥ 1:00 PM KST

♥♥♥ Dohwa Mapo Seoul Garden Hotel Ballroom ♥♥♥

Wow, this took for-freakin-ever, no thanks to the websites not loading fast enough and Photobucket crashing at least six times while attempting to post these.  But I hope you all think it was worth it, especially to see The Cast looking so AWESOME!!  So let's get started, ne?

78b61965.jpg

Okay, I am OFFICIALLY IN LOVE WITH THIS OUTFIT!!!

9111869e.jpg

Shooting all night for two weeks now, and those eyes *still* sparkle!  ::swoon::

a>

HE'S EVIL... EVILICIOUS, that is!!!  wub.gif

a>

I'm just gonna shut up now, and let you drink in a big heaping gulp of The Pretty for a bit....

76cb8289.jpg

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Well hi there, Gorgeous One -- how much hotter could you look than right now?!?  wub.gif

a>

Looks like we're going from a hot and sweaty Baek Dong Soo.... to a hotter and sweatier Han Tae Yang.  ME LIKEY!!

a>

Here is Wang Ji Hye, who will be playing JCW's love interest -- love that dress!!

bbda4b48.jpg

57367306.jpg

97fa9c91.jpg

fec5bfd3.jpg

The 'other woman' in what may turn out to be yet another Love Quadrangle for poor Changwook-ssi, this is Park Su Jin, dressed to the nines like a chaebol heiress should be.  Not too keen on the dress, but I LOVE those shoes!!

935058df.jpg

5f4f4d1b.jpg

Dang, it's been below freezing in South Korea these days..... 

54c8a497.jpg

eacda9ae.jpg

I guess we can call him Bachelor #2, since he will (allegedly) be the best buddy to Tae-yang's character -- it's Kim Young Kwang, looking very dashing in his Calvin Klein suit (according to TVDaily, that is).

9eed5654.jpg

Here's Hwang Shin Hae, who will be playing Wang Ji Hye's (widowed?) omae.  Not too likey on that dress, though.  Too much going on there!! 

6f5dd5f0.jpg

a>

d3b00628.jpg

More to follow before I break Soompi's servers again.  Continued in my next post!! 

Hello everyone :)

Finally we got to see the Press Conference of Bachelor's Vegetable Store. Yay!

I have to admit I love Wang Ji Hye's dress. It is so elegant and pretty :D

Dgzki.jpghziZi.jpg

Sorry peeps.  Both Soompi and Photobucket are fighting with each right now, and I believe Soompi has taken its ball and gone home.  I'll just re-upload everything tonight and break up the posts in more manageable parts.  Please stay tuned, because I have a gazillion more shots to add!!

But in the meantime, I've posted several videos from DaumTV and YTN on the first page (warning: both sites load soooooo slowly), so enjoy those while you wait for new pictures.   Also please enjoy reading this tiny JCW interview from eNewsWorld.com (the TvN online entertainment portal) posted earlier today:

I'm going to assume that these eedjits haven't seen the T-ara "Cry Cry" or "Lovey Dovey" MVs yet.  Ya think he's a 'Nice Guy' in those productions?  HA.  He oozes so much badness that I'm ready to join his gang just to carry his suitcases...   blush.gif

Alright, let's try this again. Here's the Supporting Cast in all their glory! Leading off as Bachelor #3... it's... THE KWANGVATOR!! Oppa, you sure win hands down for the Fugly Outfit Award tonight...

074e414d.jpg

14f5a9ab.jpg

4572a53e.jpg

I had to look her up because her face wasn't coming to mind right away. Then I did a ::facepalm:: because it turns out she's Lee Sae Young (from "High Kick 2"), all growed up now!!

16d3e692.jpg

0e907098.jpg

7abcb01e.jpg

dae7f352.jpg

Not too many pictures of the other Bachelors, though. Bachelor #4, Ji Hyuk (the hottie from Supernova) could not attend due to a prior commitment, so there's no pictures of him. Rats.

But here's a few more of Bachelor #2, Kim Young Kwang:

90619699.jpg

8f867a1d.jpg

Here's one of Bachelor #5, the very very very pretty Sung Ha. Not too sure about his outfit either, but hey. This *is* his first acting role outside of all the CFs he's already done.

4111743c.jpg

Rounding out this post will be Bachelor #6, the cutie pie Shin Won Ho. The plot calls for the other Bachelors to basically treat him like a little puppy. Can't wait to see that!!

8a77375c.jpg

Because of school and other filming going on at the same time, only 3 of the 7 kids who are cast for this drama were able to attend the Press Conference. OMG, look at Oh Jae Moo all growed up himself too!! He's going to be such a lady-killer when he gets to be of dating age!!

95f55eb5.jpg

And these two together just spell TOO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!

fb488a0b.jpg

9f80cb76.jpg

I have no idea who this little sweetie is -- I'm not real hip to the child actors out there lately. But I will find out and edit when I do!

cee06430.jpg

And here's Chae Bin, Sweetie, and Oh Jae Moo together:

2c9ce4d1.jpg

I'll add to this photoset as more pictures are released. Next post, I'll put up the Group Shots and any others that have snuck under my radar since the event wrapped. Stay tuned!

Okey doke -- as promised, let's wrap this event up with some Group Shots!!  And not a moment too soon, as I think I'm developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from typing so much over the past few days!!

Hmpf.  is it just me being insanely jealous, or does Changwook-ssi look quite nervous in a few of these shots?

57367306.jpg

e2920292.jpg

bbda4b48.jpg

036de8d2.jpg

86caf99c.jpg

6aa7bf07.jpg

aa5c0df8.jpg

041953b7.jpg

9e226b6e.jpg

6156fc1b.jpg

e6d78b09.jpg

ef723619.jpg

0f82a033.jpg

4faf9083.jpg

And this one gave me a snicker:  "Kwang-soo oppa, why are you dressed so funny?"

c33a415b.jpg

Cast Group Shots coming up next!!

FINALLY!!  I'm sure you are all sick of me uploading pictures, so this will be the last batch until the show starts next Wednesday.  In no particular order, here ya go!

fbf77bf3.jpg

96d44b15.jpg

1fdf3c48.jpg

Omo omo omo!!!  I would KILL to have that backdrop hanging in my living room!!!

32875690.jpg

06c5797b.jpg

23931639.jpg

And here's the Money Shot -- five out of our six Bachelors (unfortunately, all fully clothed, dammit!!)  If the PD-nim wasn't in this shot, I would have asked for a Special Abs Viewing to ensure that they are well-deserving of the "6Pack" nickname...

83e68c9c.jpg

Be back here with more news as it happens!  Annyeong chingus!!

2c180b52.jpg

Sorry, I lied... looks like there's going to be a PR onslaught until Episode 1 airs, and you know what that means -- MORE PICTURES!!  Channel A released these a few hours ago, and you might recognize the Changwook-ssi one as a one-off from the shoot for the cover of the Press Conference program... which, as it happens, will also be the Opening Sequence to the show!!!

0c06264b.jpg

AND THE TRAILER IS OUT!!!

Here's some stills from it (kamsahamnida @littleblue!!)

e276c080.jpg

c04a0a4f.jpg

c1dfa2ef.jpg

325444d5.jpg

0922aeb2.jpg

5baa4bed.jpg

4b411939.jpg

f9db88df.jpg

103759fa.jpg

c0083878.jpg

61f01a4a.jpg

583622e2.jpg

59ef84a4.jpg

1f9cce96.jpg

1ac9cff0.jpg

db88ba3e.jpg

35e7bb23.jpg

0ec528ac.jpg

8b89d958.jpg

e3ea35da.jpg

937a0228.jpg

24a21a1b.jpg

5 MORE DAYS!!!!

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Thank you Cherkell for trailer and captions.just 4 days only.Cherkell,I wanna know how i can download drama? coz it's onair cable chanel so torrent's sites may not have it.

Thank you Cherkell  for trailer and captions.just 4 days only.Cherkell,I wanna know how i can download drama? coz it's onair cable chanel so torrent's sites may not have it.

Hi wanie!  I'm still investigating which torrent sites will be uploading -- there's lots of mumbling, but no one has really spoken up yet.  Even though this show will air on cable, there's no lack of sites carrying the shows that currently air on the other cable channels like Channel A, jTBC, MBN or TvK.  Several streaming sites, such as DramaFever and Hulu+Plus have already committed to carry it, but it will be raw until taken on by a subbing outfit like Viki or DSS or With2Subs...

When I do find out the alternatives to the streaming sites, I'll put them up on the front page along with their links!!  As always, keep checking back here and stay tuned!!

Hi sadhii and any other newcomers I may have missed!  There's gonna be a lot of postings this week leading up to the Premiere on Wednesday, so strap yourselves in and stay tuned!

First off, here's another YStar video with three of the Bachelor's Vegetable Store leads.  The title is a bit misleading, as they do talk about other things at first (about how hard it's been filming in the cold, Wang Ji Hye talking about playing a daughter character like this, and Hwang Shin Hye's first role as a mother figure)... but then near the end, they finally get around to what is important in life -- discussing JCW's Masterpiece Abs!!  My first thought was that she must have been living under a rock for the past year, because news about his shirtlessness in WBDS was *everywhere* during the run of that Show.  Shin-hye mentioned that she watched the recently-released BVS trailer (see next post), and was amazed at his "stone-like body"!!  At least she's impressed with the final product (as we *all* are as well).  BTW, I'll put up a related post in the JCW Forum later about his workout routine, which was talked about in a magazine back in August, but I've got to get into work early today.  Dangit.

YStar - Hwang Shin Hye Was "Surprised" at Ji Chang Wook's Body

Ohhh, he's SO CUTE when he gets embarrassed -- I just squeeeeeeeee for hours!!!  ♥♥♥

Sigh.  I don't know if it's because I'm really over-tired from work and home responsibilities, or the Holidays coming up (and I barely have anything prepared for the crush of relatives arriving at the end of this week), but my nerves are extremely raw at the moment...

So I was totally unprepared and ended up sobbing like a baby after watching this new teaser.  Kamsahamnida to @jayeenter for putting this up today!!!

Back in a few with more stuff!!  

@CherKell.... thanks for the updates... 2 more days and we'll see this drama... I hope there will be a subbing team to sub this drama right away....

Me too, sweetie!!  I'm keeping an eye on the usual sites to see who's gonna be uploading and such.  In the meantime, Channel A's website went live this morning and I've put up a ton of stuff on the front page.  From all the stills and trailers and everything, this looks like it's going to be a weeper... so I'd better go stock up on tissues before the first episode airs!! 

c22864ec.jpg   fbd70f37.jpg

7b438605.jpg      
More news from our Bachelors -- don't they look COLD?!?!!  This past Monday (19 December), the Production Company sent them out on a PR blitz through several media outlets and a few radio stations.  Then it was back to the Jiangshi Agricultural Market for more filming.  Ji Chang Wook stated that "he's now learned how to drive a forklift, which he thinks may come in handy someday."  Kwang Soo says that "he's now very comfortable with selling strawberries."  And Ji Hyuk states that in order to stay warm in the drafty market, he was reduced to "running laps around the interior and spontaneously breaking out in freestyle rapping."  Oh those goofy boys!!  BTW, the interior sets are being filmed in a place called Milano Design City over near the airport in Incheon.  Just sayin' for anyone who happens to be
nearby... :)   (credit Nate)

Here's another cute little story of Oh Jae Mu (the young Han Tae-yang) being kissed by Chae Bin (the young Jin Jin Sim) when they were schoolchildren.  Jae-mu states (with some embarassment) that was actually his first kiss "that was not given to him by his mother!!"  Ah, so now I see some plot points opening up here... but I won't spoil it for anyone just yet.  (credit Nate)

56cacaee.jpg

Continuing on, Channel A posted a whopping HUGE preview earlier today, and it was put on YouTube by the uber-talented @jayeenter.  Take a look at the goodness about to hit our small screens in less than 5 hours here:  BVS Preview (7:46)  I'm having trouble not jumping up and down for joy after watching this!!

But I saved the best news for last:  Here's a small 47-seconds trailer, provided by our good friends at DramaFever.  Looks like they've obtained the license to broadcast AND sub the Show, so all we have to do is sit on our hands for two extra days until 23 December for them to put up the first episode!!  Can't think of a better freakin' Christmas Present than this!!!

DF Bachelor Vegetable Store Trailer

69336f34.jpg
f0c6d841.jpg
8f6f4afd.jpg          (is that one LUCKY RADISH or WHAT?!?)
NOTE:  Episode 1 is an extended one, so it will premiere at 8:50 PM KST; Episodes 2 and on will air at the regular 9:20 PM times.  Regardless, I'll be awake at 3:50 AM Pacific Time just to show my support of the first showing... and then waiting patiently for the first upload to hit the airwaves.  Recaps to follow as soon as I can bang them out!!  Annyeong chingus!!
1fa464fe.jpg

304beab1.jpg

The Good News:  Channel A is streaming The Show live!!  Link is here (and on the first page):  Channel A Live Streaming

The Bad News:  My Internet connection sucks crap.  It kept buffering every two minutes, forcing me to reload my browser each time, so I didn't get a chance to watch all the way through without interruptions.  Hmpf.

Okay, first impressions... this was an episode-and-a-half, starting at 8:30 PM KST.  Channel A gets two strikes in my book for tweeting last night that it was supposed to start at 8:50 PM AND for sticking commercials in at 20-minute intervals (instead of all at the beginning or the end like the terrestrial channel do).  I need to check further, but it looks like the official starting time has been moved to 8:50 PM instead of the 9:20 PM originally scheduled.  Stay tuned on that...

But it's lusciously filmed with muted colors for the times in which the beginning takes place (early 2000).  It was hardscrabble times in South Korea then, with unemployment off the charts.  The characters were pretty well fleshed-out by the end of this first viewing, but more conflicts are to follow.  BUT OMG OMG OMG, the ahjummas are gonna eat this Show up!!  The kids are freakin' ADORABLE (but unsure of themselves), the parents are (as usual) clueless, and Hwang Shin Hye is... holy moley.  I'm not gonna give *that* away just yet.  It's kinda sad that we will only get to watch the kiddies act for two or three episodes, though... but that's how life works in K-Drama Land.  And we have our first Catch Phrase that I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot of throughout:  "I AM HAN TAE YANG.  I WILL NOT FAIL!!"   LOL!!

Already, the news sites are a-buzz with the comparisons to KBS2's "Baker King Kim Takgu" that aired this time in 2010.   Channel A being a cable station, I don't think we'll see 45% ratings like that show provided, but I'll be happy with a 9-10% right off the bat.  Yeah, I'm greedy.  So what?  :)

I'll wait for the kindness of strangers (semi_fly, are you out there, sweetheart?!?) to put up a download, and I will recap it from there after watching Episode 1.5 all the way through with no breaks.  Be back in a few!!

Archived