[Drama 2006] Hwang Jini 황진이

Guest xosandy

Guest conduongmuathu

She's becoming period drama queen. This is good news, of course. I like all her performances. Which lead actors do you have in mind? My pick would be Jo In Sung. But it's kind of impossible. Still hope so though. Other than him: Jung Woo Sung, Jang Dong Gun (as both have done period movies before: Musa and Promise)

My choice: Kwon Sang Woo :lol: They look good together in Love so divine, Bang Bang CF and in the real life (I think they are close friends)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 14, 2006

Ha Ji-won to Play Famous Chosun-Era Entertainer

hjwonxx8.jpg

Ha Ji-won will be taking on the title role in the upcoming KBS miniseries "Hwang Jin-I", about a famous Chosun-era gisaeng or female entertainer. The first episode will be shown on Oct. 11.

"After looking at a lot of top stars for the role, we recently signed a contract with Ha Ji-won," the producers said Friday. The actress goes head-to-head with Song Hae-gyo, who also plays Hwang Jin-I in a movie of the same title that starts filming at the end of the month. Ha reportedly thought about turning down the part, citing the lack of time to practice the geomungo or six-stringed Korean zither and other skills of the accomplished all-round entertainer.

But she changed her mind when the first episode originally slated for September was postponed. Ha's agency Soft Land says Ha will study geomungo, dancing and even tightrope-walking starting this month, having said that she wants to do whatever she can herself instead of relying on a double. The drama depicts the life of Hwang Jin-I from her early years through when she became a famous gisaeng through the lens of a modern sensibility. Stories including her attempt to seduce great 16th century scholar Seo Gyeong-deok and their subsequent student-teacher relationship will be portrayed against beautiful scenic settings. The drama will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays in 30 episodes.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0607140030.html

Guest nzabanal

I though the role was given

to Song Hye Kyo???????????????????????

edit- got it ^^

I believed that what was given to SOng Hye Kyo was the movie version but the TV Drama version was for HAJIWOn with 30 episodes running ...

Guest xosandy

July 14, 2006

Actress Competition between Hye Gyo & Ji Won Has Begun

Actress Ha Ji Won has finalized her decision to act in the KBS 2TV’s new drama ‘Hwang Jin-I’. The drama will be filmed under the direction of the producer Kim Cheol-gyu of the drama ‘Bravo Mom’, and the script will be written by Yoon Seon Joo of ‘Lee Soon Shin’. The leading role for Hwang Jin-I, Joseon’s most celebrated gisaeng, has created much speculation.

The drama ‘Hwang Jin-I’ will focus on Hwang Jin-I the well-rounded artist, emphasizing her talents in dance, sijo (Korean verse), music, and art, rather than her life as a gisaeng. Therefore, the role of Hwang Jin-I requires the actress to exhibit a countenance of an accomplished artist, and possess unprecedented beauty.

0714_hyegyo.jpg

Ha Ji Won, who showed her charismatic image in the fusion drama ‘Damo’, was the first choice, but it was unclear whether she would be able to take on the role due to filming schedule conflicts with her upcoming movie. But, with the rescheduling of the airing schedule of ‘Hwang Jin-I' from Sept. to Oct. Ha Ji Won was able to appear in the drama. Her determination in putting on her best performance is evident in her advanced preparations through lessons in geomungo (traditional Korean instrument), calligraphy, and tightrope walking.

A movie version ‘Hwang Jin-I' is also being released around the same time, and the leading actress for this movie version will be Song Hye Gyo, a 24-year-old actress, who has been preparing intensely to take on the role of Hwang Jin-I.

Song Hye Gyo has been taking lessons on traditional etiquette, how to wear a hanbok, and also working on her figure. Her preparations are being applied in her daily routine in her daily practices to cultivate her every movement and carriage to fit harmoniously with wearing a hanbok. Song Hye Gyo has also been watching her diet, and is practicing walking with short steps.

She is also studying the original work of ‘Hwang Jin-I' to become fully acquainted with her character. This movie will be quite a transformation for Song Hye Gyo who has mostly taken on roles of an innocent and vulnerable woman.

The two actresses playing the same character in two versions of the same story will create an interesting acting competition, which is already attracting much attention.

http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...8&strPage=1

Guest Lucreshia

The two actresses playing the same character in two versions of the same story will create an interesting acting competition, which is already attracting much attention.

http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/En...8&strPage=1

Oh wow! SHG & HJW are the two Korean actresses who I like the most. To see them go head to head like this is nerve racking. I wish them both the best.

Does anyone know the story of Hwang Jin I? What was she known for?

I'm dying to find out who they cast as the male leads in this drama.

Guest s3rene

I hope the male leads will be famous actors up to HJW's level of popularity. It will spoil the drama if she were to pair up with unknown, unattractive costars. :(

Guest xosandy

2006071809514625644_1.jpg

Lee Jun (이준)

Cast as 'eun ho' in in upcoming kbs2 drama 'Hwang Jini (황진이)'.

Lee Jun's character 'eunho' falls in love with Hwang Jini (Ha Ji-Won) at first sight.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...0718100912964b6

-------------

a420060718_25618662.jpg9420060718_25606120.jpg

Lee In-Hye (이인혜)

cast as 'gae ddong-ee' in kbs2 drama 'Hwang Jini (황진이)'.

'gae ddong-ee' is hwang jini's childhood friend, and gae ddong-ee's name changes to 'dan-shim' after she becomes a gisaeng.

in the new drama, Lee's character receives help from Hwang Jini (Ha Ji-Won)'s mother, and the two become best friends.

her role will be like jang-geum's best friend 'yeon-saeng' in 'Dae Jang Geum (대장금)'....

whereas Hwang Jini is smart and beautiful, gae ddong-ee is innocent and just. the new drama starts on October 11th, 2006.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

e720060721_25669544.jpg

Jeon Mi-Seon (전미선)

cast as Ha Ji-Won's mother in upcoming drama 'Hwang Jini (황진이)'.

this is her first drama in 2 years, since 2004 KBS novela 'Steam Flower (찔레꽃)'.

to prepare for her role as a gisaeng in the new drama, Jeon has been spending more than 6 hours a day,

learning to play the Korean harp, and training for traditional Korean dance.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

Guest Lucreshia

I'm so glad that Lee In-Hye (이인혜) is cast as a supporting actress in this drama. I really liked her role as the "best friend" in Delightful Girl, Choon-Yang. She has a very sweet, innocent look and I think she wears traditional clothings very well.

Lee Jun looks very young. Has he been in other dramas or movies? Will he be acting with Ha Ji Won or the girl who plays Hwang Jin I as a younger girl?

Guest minshoo

thanx to purplez i finally found this page. but i dont know why they're doing a movie version and a drama version for? i guess that is a big challenge for ha ji won since hers is more in depth than the movie version. so both the movie and the drama will come out in october?

oh yea who is that lee jun guy? he looks familiar. is he the one in the weekend drama '7 princess'? well hes not bad looking :) hopefully his acting is good.

Guest purpleZ

thanx to purplez i finally found this page. but i dont know why they're doing a movie version and a drama version for? i guess that is a big challenge for ha ji won since hers is more in depth than the movie version. so both the movie and the drama will come out in october?

oh yea who is that lee jun guy? he looks familiar. is he the one in the weekend drama '7 princess'? well hes not bad looking :) hopefully his acting is good.

Hi, minshoo. Glad to see you here! :D The guy looks so young and has a boyish look. He looks familiar, but don't know from where. I was hoping she'd be cast with more mature actors, such as Jang Dong Gun, Jung Woo Sung, etc. They'd done historical movies before. And their actings are good. Can't wait for this one!

Guest minshoo

hehehe nice seeing you in here also ;).

he does look young. but usually ancient korean's drama they alway put a beard on guys hahahha. i guess back then every1 have to have beard or something. anyway...lol i guess that way he will look older. but yea cant wait for the drama. i wonder which one will come out first. the movie or the drama.

Guest purpleZ

hehehe nice seeing you in here also ;).

he does look young. but usually ancient korean's drama they alway put a beard on guys hahahha. i guess back then every1 have to have beard or something. anyway...lol i guess that way he will look older. but yea cant wait for the drama. i wonder which one will come out first. the movie or the drama.

LOL! You're right about that point! But still he looks too innocent. But we'll see. I also wonder which comes out first.

Guest dramaok

so a change in casting for the role of 'eunho' who is hwang jini's first love.

Lee Jun for whatever reason is not playing that role anymore.

they instead cast Jang Geun-Seok (장근석) for that role. he was previously seen in nonstop 4 and lovers in prague.

d620060622_24930817.jpg

Jang Geun-Seok (19 yrs old) to play 'eunho' character who is Hwang jini (ha jiwon)'s first love,

in the drama 'Hwang jini'.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=746

and another to the roster:

1154511992_1.jpg

Wang Bit-Na (왕빛나)

will playing hwang jini's rival gisaeng 'buyong'.

wang bitna's last drama was 'dear heaven'. she's also coming up in the new friday night drama 'my love the fool'.

so a change in casting for the role of 'eunho' who is hwang jini's first love.

Lee Jun for whatever reason is not playing that role anymore.

they instead cast Jang Geun-Seok (장근석) for that role. he was previously seen in nonstop 4 and lovers in paris.

http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/d6/200...22_24930817.jpg

Jang Geun-Seok (19 yrs old) to play 'eunho' character who is Hwang jini (ha jiwon)'s first love,

in the drama 'Hwang jini'.

OMG. I was just wondering about this cutie... hehehehe... since someone asked about him over at Lover in Prague's thread...hehee... *psstt... I think you meant to say 'prague' not 'paris'?? XD*

Archived