[Drama 2006] Hwang Jini 황진이

Guest xosandy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damo's my favorite drama and now i cant waiiit for this one!!! when in october does it come out??? ahh i'm really exciteD!!

October 11th to be exact.

so does anyone know if this is based on a true story?

Yup, it's based on a true story. I'm sure some parts will be changed though as they frequently do so in dramas.

omg i LOVE her hanbok!!!! and she looks lovely in it. there is a movie version of this drama but i dont think im gonna watch that. cuz i dont want to ruin the drama. anymore pictures? loving those picstures :) thanx for sharing

can't wait for this drama. finally, ha ji won back in a historical drama :] and jang geun suk.. yummy

Hwang Jini's First love, "I really like Ha Ji Won!"

a420060920_27195972.jpg

Actor Jang Geun Suk recently revealed that he was interested in Ha Ji Won for a long time in real life. Jang Geun Suk is currently working with Ha Ji Won on the highly anticipated KBS drama, 'Hwang Jini'. He is featuring as the first love of Ji won's character.

Although, in the drama, Jang Geun Suk appears as Ha Ji Won's lover, he admitted that he is a big fan of the actress Ha Ji Won. He commented, "She is one of my favorite actresses. I am extremely happy to be working with her and i am thankful that she is very cooperative and understanding."

Jang Geun Suk is playing a juvenile role in the drama. "I'm not purposely trying hard to look young or act young. I'm just trying my best right now to digest my character well."

As of right now, Jang Geun Suk has filmed three episode of 'Hwang Jini' with Ha Ji Won and is planning to appear only until episode 8. The two actors are shy around each other because it is their first time meeting, let alone, acting together; however, once the camera starts rolling, the two transform into natural lovers.

'Hwang Jini' is preparing to debut on October 11 and is planning to run for 24 episodes.

credits: osen.co.kr, yahoo.co.kr, me! (TW1NKLE)

-------------------

they look really cute together~~~

that makeup really is an eyesore and the red lipstick is :vicx: i hope to know more about the series

^ funny even some users on naver commented about the red lipstick. can't tell if the comments are because these days the trend is little to barely noticeable use of lipstick. lol i remember the days when the trend in korean make-up was for women to use lipstick heavily. does anyone remember?... the late 80's - early 90's. btw the make-up in those pics is even more noticeable due to the poor lighting in the photog's pics.

Oh my god, her hair!! It's LOPSIDED! Like one side is different from the other! Haha..

^ her hairstyle isn't that different from the styles used by kisaengs back then.

if there's a comment that should be made then it should be about the top for her hanbok (aka jeogeori). i really doubt that pattern was even in use (i'm guessing a slight modernization...)

and the little thread with pics i made of here ^_^ -->

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86825

another pic:

hwangjini09my5.jpg

about jang geonseok's character i wonder if he can pull off his character. (i was sorta expecting someone along the veins of jo hyunjae). hope he can portray his character well.

Guest syndisome

I'm definitely going to watch this, I like period pieces that center on women and their lives in ancient times. Especially since it's not too long, I liked Emperor of the Sea and I like the Chinese dramas like War & Beauty, so this is something I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully this will be subbed, or it'll be a long wait before I'm able to see it. Also like Ha Ji Won's acting.

Hi, rubie, nice to see you here. :) Hope to see you more often. :)

Hi purpleZ! Good to be here... for something to look forward to. :D

Sept 22, 2006

Ha Ji-won's Agonizing Road to Period Drama

200609220018_00.jpg

The actress Ha Ji-won came close to despair while practicing the wide range of skills needed for her role as "Hwang Jin-I," a famous Chosun-era gisaeng or female entertainer, in a new KBS mini-series. Her head endured the leaden weight of a big decorative wig or gachae. Ha confessed to the suffering, saying, "The gachae is too heavy. My neck is already stiff, although I've only filmed three episodes. It's too painful to sleep." Her fingers are blistered and bruised due to hours of practicing the gayageum, a 12-stringed Korean harp, and geomungo, the six-stringed zither at which the Chosun-era entertainers excelled. Ha is even practicing even tightrope-walking.

To keep up her strength, she is eating eels, which are believed to be good for stamina. And her pains are rewarded with a sense achievement: after all, she now has several skills she never dreamed of. "I want to break away from the typical image of gisaeng and create a new one to win approval from women," she says.

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0609220018.html

Guest katelin_kim

the poster luks really nice , hihi, i think japanese and Korean kinda have the same tradition , i mean for women , the way they make up in the past is similar , how they put a lot of white powder on . But HJW luks really unique . she is pretty , so pretty , one of my fav't actress .

That first lover guy luks way 2 young, hihi, it's gonna come out on Oct? that's near . hihi, finally get to watch it . Hope there will be subs for this drama.I JUST CANNOT TAKE MY EYES OFF HJW .^_^ i sound so lesbian ^_^

Archived