Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

Guest pok3ydot

Thanks! This helped a lot :D! Could you please recommend a Korean Dance song for me? Cause I'm a popper and the music needs to have a bass so I can pop to it :D! Thanks! :D

i recommend...epic high slow motion?

to be creative, i recommend freestyling to rainism by rain...lol i think it would be cool if someone freestyled to that song and added popping. might get the attention of judges?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IceySoul

Hi guys, to answer the questions i read...

I sent my application by email to the asia audition on september 8th... They said they would reply in a week, but I lose hope when a week past... I got my email on the 20th, almost 2 weeks after and I was quite happy, but my audition is at some performing art university in Beijing on the 26th... I have classes these days, I hope it doesn't affect me badly @.@.

I live in Tokyo, so I sent my application to the asia one.

I have the email, but it is in Chinese, if you would like to see it, put your email address here and I can forward it to you I suppose... (I hope it's not illegal to do that or something)

A Korean woman also called me and spoke Chinese (kinda poor chinese) to me with an heavy accent haha, if I could record it, I would like post it on youtube or something and subtitle it, but 残念だね, she is the one who called and ask my for my personal information because she stated that they would provide a ticket for me if I accepted the offer and will go 100% (I assumed they would purchase the ticket for my audition in Beijing because in my email they said my audition is in Beijing on the 26th and they didn't say anything about the ticket in my email, so does this mean I go straight to the 3rd round if I got the air ticket!?) anyway... but I still havent given her my decision and I said I 'might' be able to come and she replied 'well we hope to see you and etc.' (I have her number, but I won't post it here, the call was from Korea) my parents talked to me about it and they said if I were to go back to China, I should stop by Shanghai and stay there for a day or 2 before going, and I guess the woman most likely wouldn't purchase my ticket to Beijing unless it was a direct flight... or to korea, i have no idea. I'll call them later after I take my exam soon @.@ and i'll post up what happens lolol

I'm Taiwanese/Chinese... whichever you prefer, I'm 19 and I go to university in Japan. Yup yup.

I danced, I bboyed. I edited the clip... What I did was basically hand hops, flares, airchair, couple footwork and freezes, and I also put in a special clip where I danced in a crowd in the public and I ran off all happy in the clip. haha.

I've been dancing for almost 8 years.

Hmmm...

You're a Guy Right?

Latest songs would do.

The Lively ones.

If I were to pick I would choose Mr Simple

Yeah, I'm a guy :), thanks for the recommendation! And, I was wondering, is it more beneficial if I freestyle to a Korean song or a foreign song?

Yeah, I'm a guy :), thanks for the recommendation! And, I was wondering, is it more beneficial if I freestyle to a Korean song or a foreign song?

Korean Song of course.

they said it'd be better to choose Korean's

i recommend...epic high slow motion?

to be creative, i recommend freestyling to rainism by rain...lol i think it would be cool if someone freestyled to that song and added popping. might get the attention of judges?

Yeah, people have done a lot of Rainism Freestyling and they have a random bit in the song where they freestyle. I'm liking Epic High - Slow Motion so far, it has a beat that's visible to hear and the song is really easy to freestyle to! :D Thanks! :D

Korean Song of course.

they said it'd be better to choose Korean's

I see, thanks! I'm really looking forward to making this video as I'm already having fun picking the song :) I hope you guys will enjoy the video once I upload onto the SBS K-Pop Star website. Wish me luck :D! I wish those who pass and those who're audition the best of luck! :D

Thanks Soompi Community for supporting me! :D

I danced, I bboyed. I edited the clip... What I did was basically hand hops, flares, airchair, couple footwork and freezes, and I also put in a special clip where I danced in a crowd in the public and I ran off all happy in the clip. haha.

Wow, I would be shameful if I would audition in the same location as you lol. My power move is just limited to hand hops -_-

がんばってね

Guest cleanchees

Guys, IceySoul there is a great example of an overseas applicant. I believe he is NOT lying. For USA ppl thinking we could use Youtube to get to Korea, don't be surprise when you hear nothing. That person who said called and an SBS staff said the online audition was over. Yes, Youtube auditions that would pass us to NY/LA have been over last week. But for overseas applicants, the deadline has been extended. USA people DO NOT be confuse. As I said before SBS USA clearly stated over and over that you cannot pass to Korea with a video WITHOUT attending an live audition.

Hi guys, to answer the questions i read...

I sent my application by email to the asia audition on september 8th... They said they would reply in a week, but I lose hope when a week past... I got my email on the 20th, almost 2 weeks after and I was quite happy, but my audition is at some performing art university in Beijing on the 26th... I have classes these days, I hope it doesn't affect me badly @.@.

I live in Tokyo, so I sent my application to the asia one.

I have the email, but it is in Chinese, if you would like to see it, put your email address here and I can forward it to you I suppose... (I hope it's not illegal to do that or something)

A Korean woman also called me and spoke Chinese (kinda poor chinese) to me with an heavy accent haha, if I could record it, I would like post it on youtube or something and subtitle it, but 残念だね, she is the one who called and ask my for my personal information because she stated that they would provide a ticket for me if I accepted the offer and will go 100% (I assumed they would purchase the ticket for my audition in Beijing because in my email they said my audition is in Beijing on the 26th and they didn't say anything about the ticket in my email, so does this mean I go straight to the 3rd round if I got the air ticket!?) anyway... but I still havent given her my decision and I said I 'might' be able to come and she replied 'well we hope to see you and etc.' (I have her number, but I won't post it here, the call was from Korea) my parents talked to me about it and they said if I were to go back to China, I should stop by Shanghai and stay there for a day or 2 before going, and I guess the woman most likely wouldn't purchase my ticket to Beijing unless it was a direct flight... or to korea, i have no idea. I'll call them later after I take my exam soon @.@ and i'll post up what happens lolol

I'm Taiwanese/Chinese... whichever you prefer, I'm 19 and I go to university in Japan. Yup yup.

Well, if you want someone to translate the email you should use Google translator! It does a pretty good job at translating stuff. I'm so happy you didn't audition through Youtube cause you probably would've dominated every other dancers video xD A person with almost 8 years of experience is SUPER skilled :D Good luck with your auditions!!

Guest mrkorean

My sister's planning on auditioning on Sunday, but her ride backed out, and the audition place is a bit far away from her school (UCLA), especially if you're going by bus, so I was wondering whether or not there are any UCLA students that are going to audition? If you're feeling kind, maybe you can message me, and we can set something up?

Thanks!

haha COOL. im also from UCLA! but im actually auditioning on Saturday. and YES UCLA is definitely far from the audition location. im planning to wake up super early in the morning and go by metro lol.

am i the only one here who auditioned already and got another email from SBS? i auditioned in NY last Sunday and now they emailed me again asking me to audition in LA.. i'm not gonna do it though.. unless they're paying for my expenses. haha!^^

LOL

i went to sbs kpostar ny audition

and now they sent me a la audition, fail.

you did too? LOL.. i guess, they didn't get enough participants for USA. haha!

believe it or not. people don't need to get the fake ticket to move on to the next round and JYP is not all about passion as he claimed to be. T.T;

i know... some of those who got to the 2nd part.. they said that JYP was scary as hell. he'll just let you stand in the room for like 2 seconds. if he likes you, he'll let you do your thing and if not, he'll tell you "thank you for coming but you didn't make it" or something like that.

i don't know.. but some said that if you pass the YT audition, you can do your 2nd round in Korea if you can't make it to NY, LA, etc..

not true. he'll let you do your thing and then tell you you're not fit.

I got an email for the Auditions in paris.

Is there anyone from Europe?

Honestl I really wanna go but this will cost me some hundreds of dollars and I am not sure if I shall go considering the fact that only one girl from the NY auditions passed round 2

Just a question...was anyone here offered a JYP audition? Like, passed the first round of the NY audition and JYP offered them a chance to improve and then audition for JYP? Like a private JYP audition, with a scheduled appointment?

Guest gracefacee

@monstercrew I listed rapping, but I'm just going to sing and rap if they ask me to. Whenever I only rap at auditions they assume i can't sing and let me go D:

Archived