Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

Guest IceySoul

I made it!

Got a email and a call from this woman and a economy class plane ticket :o!. My audition place is in Beijing on the 26th!

I sent them an email with my application form and my video :D! it was 1 minute long.

The woman called me and spoke Chinese to me and said "Hello, this is SBS, did you receive our email?" i said yes... "I hope you would be coming to the Beijing audition and bring good results to us, we're looking forward to seeing you" and a bunch of other things. I live in Japan, so my closest audition area is China, so I sent my email to the asia@sbs whatever it was.

This is my 2nd time making it through first round (My second audition too), I made it to last round last time, the experience was quite fun. Last time flying to Korea was a pain, I couldn't speak Korean good enough to get me going, good thing I had a friend to help me out @.@

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roslanshahirah

I made it!

Got a email and a call from this woman and a economy class plane ticket :o!. My audition place is in Beijing on the 26th!

I sent them an email with my application form and my video :D! it was 1 minute long.

The woman called me and spoke Chinese to me and said "Hello, this is SBS, did you receive our email?" i said yes... "I hope you would be coming to the Beijing audition and bring good results to us, we're looking forward to seeing you" and a bunch of other things. I live in Japan, so my closest audition area is China, so I sent my email to the asia@sbs whatever it was.

This is my 2nd time making it through first round (My second audition too), I made it to last round last time, the experience was quite fun. Last time flying to Korea was a pain, I couldn't speak Korean good enough to get me going, good thing I had a friend to help me out @.@

Congrats! By the way, did they provide for you the plane ticket? I'm still preparing for my video since I'm planning to submit via Youtube. Good Luck for your next audition! :)

Guest IceySoul

Congrats! By the way, did they provide for you the plane ticket? I'm still preparing for my video since I'm planning to submit via Youtube. Good Luck for your next audition! :)

Yes they did provide my plane ticket :D! Thank you!

Guest Beat Of Angel(BOA)

I made it!

Hey i was wondering did you audition by youtube or by just the email app?

Cause you said that they provide the air flight only ppl who pass the 2nd round but your going to the 2nd round right im so confuse but ur so lucky that they provide the flight for you kkkk

Guest cleanchees

For USA people, Youtube does not concern us but the overseas Asia applicants. SBS USA already stated that we cannot pass to Korea with a video. I hope that clears it up for some people who think you can because we already have auditions here in the US which is LA or NY. If you can't make it, you can't make it.

Guest bambishanny

if anyone from LA is going to the audition this saturday, would you guys like to meet up? we can give each other moral support and practice together while waiting! pm me if anyone's interested :)

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

I made it!

OMG CONGRATS :w00t:

are u really good? did u dance or sing?

are u chinese/korean/japanese?

how did u recieve ur airplane ticket? mail?

Guest woobunnie5

@monstercrew I put on the application rapping as well... still no confirmation D: I'm so worried~

edit: I just emailed them saying i never got it and they just sent it to me.. LOL

really?? O___O

i emailed them like last week, saying i never got any email saying whether i passed or not, and they never replied .___________.

I have a question regarding to the audition.. Plz help me out :[

I did the email audition and got pass the first round but I live in Illinois and I don't think I can go to the LA audition this week so can I still do the online audition cause I called the LA's SBS and they told me they aren't doing the online audition anymore?!? I'm so lost..T-T

How can they not do online auditions anymore if Youtube auditions are still going? xD That means the online audition is still on as Youtube is online.

How can they not do online auditions anymore if Youtube auditions are still going? xD That means the online audition is still on as Youtube is online.

Yeh I know.. that's why I was confused of what she was saying. lol So since the online audition is for oversea ppl can the US still do it? or should we just go for the near by place to audition?

Guest Namjachingu

I made it!

Woahhhh! Congrats dude! A free trip! lol. Anyways if you dont mind me asking, when did you send your applications? and you just got the reply today?

not sure if that guy is trolling or not.

coz it clearly states that they would not provide fees for the 2nd round.

they will on the 3rd to korea.

not to other countries.

If he's not trolling

then good.

Yeh I know.. that's why I was confused of what she was saying. lol So since the online audition is for oversea ppl can the US still do it? or should we just go for the near by place to audition?

Well the Youtube Auditions are for people who can't make it to: LA, NY, Korea, and the other selected regions. I guess you can still do, because someone people are from US and they still audition through Youtube because they can't make it to LA, etc. So if you audition through Youtube and you pass, you'll get everything paid for you to go straight to Korea. That's why the Youtube auditions are a lot harder to pass. The deadline is September 30th 2011, try your best and don't hold back! :D 

MY QUESTION: 

If we decide to dance for our video to upload on Youtube, does it have to be a cover or can it be freestyle?

not sure if that guy is trolling or not.

coz it clearly states that they would not provide fees for the 2nd round.

they will on the 3rd to korea.

not to other countries.

If he's not trolling

then good.

Hmm, someone on Soompi told me that if you pass the auditions through Youtube then you'll get the flight fair and accommodation fee provided for you. Not sure if that's true or not.

Well the Youtube Auditions are for people who can't make it to: LA, NY, Korea, and the other selected regions. I guess you can still do, because someone people are from US and they still audition through Youtube because they can't make it to LA, etc. So if you audition through Youtube and you pass, you'll get everything paid for you to go straight to Korea. That's why the Youtube auditions are a lot harder to pass. The deadline is September 30th 2011, try your best and don't hold back! :D 

MY QUESTION: 

If we decide to dance for our video to upload on Youtube, does it have to be a cover or can it be freestyle?

Hmm, someone on Soompi told me that if you pass the auditions through Youtube then you'll get the flight fair and accommodation fee provided for you. Not sure if that's true or not.

yes they will.

coz youtube passers would go straight to the 3rd round.

that's why they indicated youtube auditions are harder to pass.

but as for 2nd round they will not provide for you.

if you pass the 2nd round they will pay fees for the 3rd round.

all 3rd round auditions will be in Korea.

that's why they'll pay plane fees, etc.

=ur question=

it'll be better if you'll go freestyle coz

honestly most k-pop choreographs are too simple.

and they prefer korean dance songs. 

yes they will.

coz youtube passers would go straight to the 3rd round.

that's why they indicated youtube auditions are harder to pass.

but as for 2nd round they will not provide for you.

if you pass the 2nd round they will pay fees for the 3rd round.

all 3rd round auditions will be in Korea.

that's why they'll pay plane fees, etc.

=ur question=

it'll be better if you'll go freestyle coz

honestly most k-pop choreographs are too simple.

and they prefer korean dance songs. 

Thanks! This helped a lot :D! Could you please recommend a Korean Dance song for me? Cause I'm a popper and the music needs to have a bass so I can pop to it :D! Thanks! :D

Thanks! This helped a lot :D! Could you please recommend a Korean Dance song for me? Cause I'm a popper and the music needs to have a bass so I can pop to it :D! Thanks! :D

Hmmm...

You're a Guy Right?

Latest songs would do.

The Lively ones.

If I were to pick I would choose Mr Simple

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I have a question regarding to the audition.. Plz help me out :[

I did the email audition and got pass the first round but I live in Illinois and I don't think I can go to the LA audition this week so can I still do the online audition cause I called the LA's SBS and they told me they aren't doing the online audition anymore?!? I'm so lost..T-T

^ If you had read couple of posts before yours your confusion and question was already answered by CleanChees

I will quote her in case you didn't read it.

For USA people, Youtube does not concern us but the overseas Asia applicants. SBS USA already stated that we cannot pass to Korea with a video. I hope that clears it up for some people who think you can because we already have auditions here in the US which is LA or NY. If you can't make it, you can't make it.

Archived